It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answer This...Bible Bashers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
In the words of john lennon....image no religion is easy if you try, no hell below us..above us only sky...
The world is full of people who need that little bit of comfort to cling on to, like those jehovas witness folk, they prey on the lonely or recently bereaved...hi hunni, we,ve just called to invite you on a tour of bull****...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Is god willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Than he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god.
-Epicurus

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Um, death is an illusion?

God dose not exist?

Only the strong survive?

What kind of answer were you expecting? Or was the intention of this thread to try to get people who believe in god to try and realize that the world has personal opinion based bad things?

This question has been brought up many times here, and each thread ended in pointless argument about how a banana fits a hand proves god, or how death to innocent children dose not.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I can just picture the amont of ATS people reading this and saying ..HE'S RIGHT, have your say guys don't be affraid to put your thoughts into words..

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by raivo
reply to post by union_jack

Bible Bashers= people who believe bible is load of bollocks

bible thumpers= religious nutjobs

learn the diffrence & your threads may be a bit more sound.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by raivo]

Actually they both mean the same thing...

www.urbandictionary.com...
www.urbandictionary.com...

To the OP, if God exists s/he would not micro manage our lives.

[edit on 8/24/2010 by ANOK]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So wait by Bible Bashers you do not mean people who bash the Bible right? Because otherwise this thread makes zero sense.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Hello Union_Jack,

Sorry but this may get longer than what you wanted....

Many people have asked why would a God allow children to die or suffer so much. The Belief-System usually answers with something like, "God works in mysterious ways"... "They are with Jesus now", etc.

The Belief-System.. that is exactly what it is folks... is extremely limited in it's ability to perceive anything outside of its own Box. So simplified 'bandages' are used to answer many awkward questions like the above.

I can see you are hurting, and there is still some anger inside that seeks release or expression.. that is normal, so I won't berate you for it.

My experience of this Aware-Energetic Universe.. okay then call it God or George if we have to... is that it simply does not give ONE HOOT what we do. Now the Believers and Followers will vehemently disagree with this thinking.

But the reason I say it is this..... "It" cares the same for us as we do for the sub-atomic particles inside the nucleus of a skin cell on your arm!! We simply don't care what it does, and neither does this thing people so dearly want to call 'God'.

We humans have a gross tendency to minimise ourselves to save the comfort zones of our Culture and Society, to fit into it, to Follow and ask few questions about its legitimacy as a reality.

So we employ a Belief about Good and Evil.. the Duality we chose to experience here. And we say many things belong in the Good category which is heavily separated from the Bad category.

But we do that only because we have been Indoctrinated into perceiving reality this way... in fact we are Blind to the Bigger Picture almost completely... due to attaching ourselves to Restrictive Beliefs to perceive the world through.

When we perceive clearly beyond the restrictive limitations of ALL Belief-Systems, we find that Duality simply does not exist outside of "our" current usage of the concept. We find that everything really is perfect now.. for Now is all anyone really has. We find that 'God' doesn't care like we Believe "it" should. We find that Souls choose experiences on offer here.

Wow, Souls choose experience Here?

Yep, they do! And they do so knowing that Everything is Valid Experience. Why? Because they are experiencing a far bigger picture reality than we currently are as limited human beings.

Each Soul chooses to have agreements with other souls to co-create experiences in this world. But we see these co-creations come into play and we Judge them as Good or Bad, based on our tiny little Perception of Reality.

So, your child was with you for a short time, it hurt like hell and still does. But, the Soul chose You and your partner to co-create this experience together......

That makes you and your partner beautiful Souls for agreeing to experience something so incredibaly difficult for a human being.

And it makes the soul that empowered your child a loving being who you will see again when you complete thisphysical exitence... and then you will wake up and see it all for what it is.. Only Experience that we don't perceive clearly at the time.

Sorry for the length.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

All things must die. You do not understand that?!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
As deluded as religionists are, there is a certain "comfort" in having answers, which explains why religion continues to be so popular, after thousands of years.

No, I don't believe their answers, but I see that human nature is such that it really doesn't like unknowns, so that vacuum would have to be filled, even if it were with something fictional.

What do we know?

We're born.

We live (most of us with a fair amount of pain/suffering).

We die.

Beyond that, we know very little, and it does suck that religion sells people fictional answers, but I can totally understand why people want that (even if they don't realize what's going on).

As one poster said, maybe some "envy" here? Hey, I'll admit to a bit of it myself, I sure wish I could believe in a real good guy up there, who gives a damn about us. I tried to believe too, just didn't work for me.

But the ancient logic is rather sound. Epicurus had it figured out a long time ago.

So, don't we need to get past all that? We're here, we need to make the best of it. You know, anger can be good, it can motivate us, to sometimes do good things we ordinarily wouldn't. It might push us to search, and find answers, that we never would have found otherwise.

Children die, your child died. It IS "personal". Maybe you need an answer, but it isn't one you suspect yet? Maybe if you find out "why" your child died, you can direct that anger in a positive way? Other children might be saved...

Poking at religionists won't cut it for long, in my experience. You might consider getting some professional help, because if this has been going on since 1984, it's long overdue.

Good luck to you.

JR

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Wow , just wow !

It is very rare that I encounter anyone who is able to mirror my thoughts on this matter .

Excellent .

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
Brain washed.....When a bible basher comes knocking on my door, i ask..where does it mention the jurrassic period..(dinosaurs)...they have no answer...the bones are there...

That's an easy one, This earth was made of many parts of Space Debris, and parts of that is parts of other earths. So dinosaurs lived on AN earth, just not on this one.

See, that wasn't so hard

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Once again, your post speaks volumes

Life is just a ride, don't take it too serious.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
hey..i believe that there is a creator..i do not believe in religion...it is man made and is rooted in babylon..that is where all religions come from....things die because of the freewill of mankind and our decision to follow the fallen. dont blame our creator. as for the dinosaurs...they were before adam and eve. you see mankind as we know it was created pretty much after everything else....the earth and everything else was created thousands maybe millions of years before mankind....dinosaurs was here long before the "civilized" adam was here. i also had a baby girl that died when she was 2 years old and i give thanks that i was able to share that 2 years with her. she brought joy and happiness my family and i. she was a blessing. and i am sorry for your loss as well.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Because without evil, how would we know good?

For all the ying in the world, there is yang. The balance.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Look to yourself to answer these questions, we are god. Religion was created to make us think other wise.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

get in your cars, and visit your nearest childrens hospital...
how many can you see dying of cancer...a good few, i,ve seen it.
so without the big mega-page debate..give me an answer.

So what would the purpose of life be if God fixed everything? Have you ever played a video game in GOD mode? For the first minute its neat, you cant die and every goal in the game is easy. After that first minute though it becomes pointless.

If life was that easy it would soon become pointless.

Then you have to take into account for the reincarnated soul....the energy that never dies, just transforms. First ask yourself why you are here. Every life is like a chapter of the entire book. Some chapters are horrible, some ok, some make the book what it is.

So if you had hundreds, maybe thousands of lives to live before becoming a higher vibrational being and each life was but a chapter, then ask yourself....why would God ruin your book of life by fixing the more harrowing chapters? Those hard lives are the one we glean the most spiritual information we need for our souls growth and development.

Think for yourself deeply. Do not listen to what a book says, look within for the big answers in life.

I hope this chapter in your book of life is grand.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Ok..all you god seekers, answer this..why am i a non-believer.
get in your cars, and visit your nearest childrens hospital...
how many can you see dying of cancer...a good few, i,ve seen it.
so without the big mega-page debate..give me an answer.

What difference does it make?

If you believe, or if you don't, there are still going to be children dying of cancer in a hospital.

In other words, you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Im not even remotely religious but the tone in your post speaks to great pain and anger.

That being said, the Bible, or whatever the F your religion calls it, empowers people to faith. In many Magick or esoteric texts, the masters speak first of the strength of Will, Focus and Intent.

You are here because the answer eludes you. Perhaps they have found possibilities under the same pretext.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by TheWrongStuff]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Dear union_jack

I work in a orphanage for children living with HIV/AIDS you can have a look at the place here www.hiv-aids-kids.org...

In the 4 years I have been here we have had 6 die.

I am not a bible thumper.

The only conclusion I can come to is that it is a test for the rest of us.

Death is a natural thing but when it comes to those so young it hurts the rest of us. Crippled children used to be discarded and even killed because they would be no use and only a burden. In many places these days they are cared for.

Just maybe and I mean maybe we are getting there as a species.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

All things must die. You do not understand that?!

Including God?

Regarding 'the soul'....how many souls are available, where do they come from? If there is a limited number of souls then are there soulless people who can't be accommodated due to population growth?

In answer to the OP's question, I can see where he's coming from and while the wording isn't too flash it is still a valid question.
It's not one that I can answer, nor should I as I'm a non-believer, though if I had to choose one it would be Tane Mahuta, or possibly Tangaroa.
Tu Meke!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join