It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku comments UFOs and Leslie Kean's book - Aug 23, 2010

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I was watching Gametrailers TV this week and they interviewed Michio Kaku and asked the question "In Infamous the main character gets the ability to control electricity, What are your thoughts on people controling the weather in the real world" or something like that.

Michio kaku then talks about cloud seeding being unreliable at best.

I'm thinking WTF, HAARP can control the upper ionosphere, redirect air currents, push around storms, cause earthquakes. Humans have this technology. Why are you a liar doctor Michio Kaku?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by guyopitz]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
I'm thinking WTF, HAARP can control the upper ionosphere, redirect air currents, push around storms, cause earthquakes. Humans have this technology. Why are you a liar doctor Michio Kaku?

It is hilarious that is what your thought process was. When someone disagrees with your beliefs, do you always call them a liar?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

ETH is a probable explanation for some reports

I'll probably kick myself but,,,

What is ETH?

Its late here (UK)

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Kaku comments on the core hypothesis whereby 5% of UFO sightings could represent life from somewhere else. He backs Leslie Kean's book as a great place to start reading about that magical '5%'

Yes they do exist imo. They come from somewhere else, perhaps. But are they aliens? Still unclear.. could be from somewhere else like another time line, maybe from the center of the earth. Perhaps from Mars. The irony is Hawking's hypothesis and saying he believes in ET existence now Michio Kaku. This shows the scientific community seems to be changing it's attitude toward the "alone" question. Hopefully more scientists follow suit and speak out without fear of reprisal. It's a relief to see this unfold and getting over ourselves as some epicenter of the universe.

No the world is not flat and no the Sun does not revolve around the earth.. it's people like Cassini that went against the grain and changed the world and what we know. It's time to let go and recognize THEM.. whomever they are.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by Kandinsky

Cheers ive decided im going to buy it. Looking on amazon now for any other good books to buy so I can save on shipping costs. Any recommendations?

Holy crap, septuple post!!!

Holy crap!!!

septuple? hehe what the hell happened there. That was a digital phenomena.

link   

Cheers ive decided im going to buy it. Looking on amazon now for any other good books to buy so I can save on shipping costs. Any recommendations?

Holy crap!!!

link   

Holy crap!!!

link   

Holy crap!!!

link   

Holy crap!!!

link   

Holy crap!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I've seen him many times on various media centers, he is a brillant man, we never know what we might find when swimming with the "big fish"

There is a hidden truth to all of this which is so shocking that you would lose all sence of hope if you were to know, example lets say they created us (grey made man not god) imagen how many people would kill themsevles? just because we werent made by "god" i mean if you REALLY want to you could worship them and make us all look bad.

Or you could accept the unknown learn even if it destorys your belife system, adopt another one, if they are millions of years more advanced...or a later verison of what the human race has become, then it might be a topic worth interset not one avoided.

It is something everyone thinks about, and when you start to realize the big picture you lose touch with your material obsessive lifestyles, just a thought

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hey everyone just thought I'd let you guys know Leslie Kean was on Dylan Ratigan's show today August 24th talking about her book. Two days in a row his show has displayed interest in her work; yesterday being Kaku and today Leslie her self.

Here's the video:

Just thought I'd add it for further discussion

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

omg seriously ATS STAFF! can you please fix this bug. Im not doing anything different when I post.

EDIT: I think its fixed now

[edit on 24-8-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
......lets say they created us (grey made man not god) imagen how many people would kill themsevles? .

I don't think we should hide the truth, If we were created by greys then we should accept it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by rajaten

omg seriously ATS STAFF! can you please fix this bug. Im not doing anything different when I post.

EDIT: I think its fixed now

[edit on 24-8-2010 by rajaten]

It happened twice dude.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by DomCheetham]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by angrywhitechick
I did have to laugh about the comment that maybe "they" are so technically advanced that they are not that interested in us. If even only 5% of sightings are sightings of intelligently controlled craft of some sort it seems like they are indeed interested in us.

Who says it is us they are interested in? Humans are not the only resource this planet possesses.

Great point! I guess my narcissism is showing.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by angrywhitechick]

[edit on 24-8-2010 by angrywhitechick]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theMegaladon

It is not a question of 'if aliens exist', but more of a question 'have they visited Earth?'

Michio Kaku didn't tell us anything in which we did not know. If you pay attention to both MSNBC videos, Kaku and Kean were only using the air time to advertise a tv-series and book.

Kean's book is only a chronicle of interviews, which she had gathered from doing research into UFOs. Nothing new will be established.

Kaku makes a few good observations, which skeptics have been trying to convey. We need something tangible (DNA), so an assessment can be scientifically made. Kean's book does not present such evidence.

Until we make official first contact with a species, anything gained from interviewing witnesses is meaningless.

Will this book show you an alive alien up close and live?
Will this book show you an alien spacecraft up close and live?

Unless this book can magically make the above appear, it is a rather useless piece of fiction based upon subjective interpretation of events.

Nothing more.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't know why people think this is the first time Michio Kaku has

spoken about Aliens. Anyone who followed Dr. Kaku's work is aware

that he has always spoke about Et's.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
For Dr. Kaku to come out and make those statements is huge. It adds a little more legitimacy to Ufology. God knows they need some.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Blue
@Arbitrageur

No I didn't hear Kaku saying that we can't handle it, and if he thinks we can't handle it why is he in the mainstream doing what he is doing
When did he made that statement ?
You'll have to ask him, but you can listen to what he says in this interview:

Michio Kaku (Protocols Will Not Allow Disclosure of Alien Contact) thinks we will Panic Interview

Art: "If we actually received something (like a signal) that was unambiguously alien, would we hear about it right away? Or would it be some kind of national security issue right away? And (SETI) says "Oh no, Art, you'd hear about it right away..." Do you agree with that?

Michio Kaku: "No. I think that well..there are protocols being drafted about what happens if the Allen telescope array does pick up unmistakeable signals from intelligent life in outer space, and of course you're going to get a lot of techies saying "freedom of speech, freedom of speech", but let's be real bout this. It could set off a panic. It could set off all sorts of bizarre shenanigans on the part of crazies out there, as well as well-meaning people, confronted with the existence of other people that are maybe even superior to us."

This whole idea about people panicking and what not didn't ever made sense to me . Even if few fundamentals jump out of the window, who cares ?
I agree with you, maybe a couple of nuts will panic but I don't think society as a whole will panic just because we got an alien signal on the Allen Telescope array, or any other kind of peaceful contact.

I think what it would take to make us panic in general would be for a fleet of motherships to surround the Earth like in Independence day and start blasting major cities into piles of rubble. But in that situation disclosure isn't a question and the panic may be justified!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Arbitrageur]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join