It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku comments UFOs and Leslie Kean's book - Aug 23, 2010

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by rajaten

Hiya Raja, I'm waiting to borrow the book from a cousin. It's highly recommended and the reviews have been very good. Mr Oberg isn't very impressed, but I suspect there might be a personal element involved...

Whatever can you mean? Some sort of personal pique? Aside from the author's attribution of 'dishonesty' and irrational fears to non-believers, and a total dismissal of any value to any skeptical work, my objections are entirely based on the quality (or lack of it) of the argument.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I meant with her being part of the lawsuit against NASA that NASA lost. You've been particularly hard on Leslie Kean and that's the reason that sprung to mind.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This interview is kind of a big deal .

In my opinion Kaku has been groomed to be become the ,,hip, mainstream and idiot-proof" scientist he is today, average Joe not interested in science likes him and believes him . Something like Sagan . Agree with him or not, you better pay attention, especially if you believe in so called TPTB, what this dude says shapes the mainstrem perspective on this issue .

I heard him say in the past that sooner or later we will contact ET, well let me link it

www.youtube.com...

"We will inevitably make contact with Alien life...get use to it" Is that an order mr. kaku ?

now he strongly suggests that this 5 % of UFO could be ET . hmmm

Year ago I didn't believe in disclosure happening . Now I can't help to see the paradigm shift happening and baby steps to some revelation . Of course it will be no obama with his telepromter and alien at his side ... more like scientist saying " microbes on mars/moon/ w/e discovered" some times later ruins, simple life and so on .... . If disclosure exists it's a process not an event .

Ps. I would also join ranks of Kaku fans if not for his statements about ,,bad terrorists not wanting world government " ... :/

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Kaku comments on the core hypothesis whereby 5% of UFO sightings could represent life from somewhere else.

Apologies if this is in the video (it will not load) but why 5%? How does Kaku come up with that number?

In a private conversation, Kaku has commented that he thinks the ETH is a probable explanation for some reports.

In private conversation with who? What is the source of this?

Though, I will say these comments are interested when taken in context with Kaku's other comments about any alien life we may encounter. If Kaku is right, it does not bode well for any substantive contact and is the antithesis of Disclosurist fantasies. These aliens are more akin to Lovecraft's Great Old Ones than Roddenberry's Vulcans.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Apologies if this is in the video (it will not load) but why 5%? How does Kaku come up with that number?

It's in Kean's book. Since Kaku was there to talk about her book I assume that's where he got it from.

I'm not 100% certain now but that figure either comes from the Blue Book findings or from the COMETA report.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well glad Kaku is acknowledging the fact that UFO's exist. He is a scientist that I respect.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Two interviews with the author of the book itself if anyone is interested . You can see what Kaku supports .

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

She seems to have "down to earth" and "stick to the facts" approach . Kinda like female version of Richard Dolan but making eve less assumptions . I ask myself, why haven't I hear about her earlier

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_Blue
She seems to have "down to earth" and "stick to the facts" approach . Kinda like female version of Richard Dolan but making eve less assumptions . I ask myself, why haven't I hear about her earlier

Because the ‘field’ (and this forum) is flooded with the nonsense of charlatans and conmen like Greer, Bassett, Hoagland and so on.

The outrageous claims get more attention than the facts. After all how can the facts — there's an elusive unknown phenomenon — compete with the extraordinary and fantastic narratives of inter-species breeding programs and underground alien bases constructed by attention seekers, hoaxers, quacks and disinformation artists?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Kaku is, in my mind anyway, really adding even more credibility to the reality that a possible 5/10% of UFO reports could be ET in origins.The more credible people or sources that come out with thoughts like his the more it strengthens the UFO ET perceptions.Of course he is not offering or claiming indisputable proof of ET visitations but merely adding more weight in the form of credible and respected and learned minds who do have the perception that a ET origin for SOME UFOs is entirely plausible and NOT comic book boy fantasy's as some harden debunkers and sceptics would like the world to believe. Star and flag from me on this very important revelation from a much respect scientific mind.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
there is nothing to debunk here ... its just a great video ... the book probably contains a lot of the most interesting cases ...

its not going to prove anything, but for the UFO enthusiasts may be a good pick up

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

This guy knows for sure, he just see's the general public like ants...

You people are not ready for the whole next level of physics...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Kaku comments on the core hypothesis whereby 5% of UFO sightings could represent life from somewhere else.

That's what the book is about. It talks about how there are a TON of sightings, and maybe 5% of those could be actual, intelligently controlled, flying crafts. He's basically just talking about the premise of the book.

In a private conversation, Kaku has commented that he thinks the ETH is a probable explanation for some reports.
See, this is what I don't like. It's when people start saying "Kaku probably thinks that these so called 5% could be aliens". Of course they could be aliens, hell, they could be humans, as well.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by TravisT]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

You people???
This guy knows for sure???

Please spare me from the rest of this equation.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's good to see MSNBC open up to reality and coincidentally I think exactly the same as Michio from what I've heard. Good minds must think alike.

Michio Kaku is a legend!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by john124]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Wow, a Kaku interview that deals with UFO's

AND

Kepler conference this week? How can people not agree that something is about to be disclosed...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
That's what the book is about. It talks about how there are a TON of sightings, and maybe 5% of those could be actual, intelligently controlled, flying crafts. He's basically just talking about the premise of the book.

Right, in the book Kean states that you can easily eliminate the 90% or so cases that have prosaic solutions, they are garbage and can be thrown away.

You have another, much smaller subset which by diligent study can be proven to NOT have any possible prosaic explanation.

She really believes that.

Does anybody here see it so simplemindedly either-or?

Isn't there a slippery slope in the gray zone? Or is it really a sharp boundary, as Kean believes?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by JimOberg]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kyle43

maybe

buts lets be real ... anything happening right now can be related to alien disclosure, since u guys try hard to find connections

the reality is that, you are probably trying too hard

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I think not, don't want to turn this into a disclosure thread so this will be the last I bring up the word on this thread, for the record I don't try and connect every topic on ATS to this...

First Kepler Conference - candidates
Second Kepler "incident" - many Earth like planets
Third Kepler Conference - well, third times a charm

along with Kaku, which is also weird for me because yesterday there was a topic on him, and I had been feeling great all day and had some sync up moments...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This professor is a badass. I want to learn from him!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Right, in the book Kean states that you can easily eliminate the 90% or so cases that have prosaic solutions, they are garbage and can be thrown away.

Actually I think you are distorting Kean's words.

The way I interpreted it was that the majority of sightings and reports (90-95%) are easily explained and therefor are not UFOs and thus are irrelevant to the case she is presenting. She is focusing and calling to attention those 5-10% of cases which have never been explained — by virtue of that, making them UFOs - unidentified flying objects.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Spangler]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join