It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku comments UFOs and Leslie Kean's book - Aug 23, 2010

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

If an alien presence did arrive tomorrow, any country with a nuclear weapon will fire at them.

And exactly what evidence do you base that on. There's is absolutely a ton of evidence that ANY country are, dying to get there hands on advanced technology. So blowing them out the sky would not be in there best interest.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DomCheetham
And exactly what evidence do you base that on. There's is absolutely a ton of evidence that ANY country are, dying to get there hands on advanced technology. So blowing them out the sky would not be in there best interest.

It is human nature to destroy things in which we do not understand.

Also, anything that is considered a national security threat will be blown from the sky. We have done it before (during wars), and we will do it again. Even though everyone here is willing to meet an alien entity, that does not mean our various governments are willing to allow such contact to happen. There could be a very good reason why governments have not disclosed the entire truth.

'If' the stories behind abduction cases are true, people are being taken against their will for testing. Even though some have reported lessons of morality, kidnapping people is considered a crime in many societies. Such an act produces a sense of fear and anxiety. Also, consider the type of testing people are reporting. Rape, dissection, and forced pregnancies.

Either the abduction phenomenon is a lie, or we have a serious problem with a hostile species.

You people need to sit back and see the BIGGER picture.

Just because a species is technologically advanced it does not mean they are peaceful.

Even though I don't buy into alien contact and UFO mythology - Once an actual alien species does make contact, we will have to consider the 'possible realities' of those mythologies. Are those stories real, or were they just a manifestation of our imagination?

This is why I remain a skeptic.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Section31, what on or off Earth does your comment have to do with the Kean book or Kaku's comments -- the topic of this thread?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Section31, what on or off Earth does your comment have to do with the Kean book or Kaku's comments -- the topic of this thread?

It was just how the conversation had flowed.

Kean's book is about UFOs and possibility of alien contact. Correct?

I originally responded to someone's post; thus, the topic just flowed into this direction.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I wonder if the recent news releases about spotting more intricate planetary systems around other stars is giving main-stream scientists more cause to re-think possibilities of intelligent life on other planets - that might older and presumably more scientifically advanced than we are.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
@ Sectio31

You have killed this conversation but I want to answer all your post.

you said: "It is human nature to destroy things in which we do not understand."

I say: I do not agree with that.

You said:"Anything that is considered a national security threat will be blown from the sky"

I say: True, but UFO's are not a national threat.

You said: "We have done it before (during wars), and we will do it again."

I say: You answered that one yourself.

You said: "Even though everyone here is willing to meet an alien entity, that does not mean our various governments are willing to allow such contact to happen"

I say: It may have already happened. Why would they tell us.

You said: "Big difference between what the few want and what the majority want."

I say: Nonsense IMHO.

You said: "The stories behind abduction cases are true, people are being taken against their will for testing. Even though some have reported lessons of morality, kidnapping people is considered a crime in many societies. Such an act produces a sense of fear and anxiety. Also, consider the type of testing people are reporting. Rape. Either the abduction phenomenon is a lie, or we have a serious problem with a hostile entity. "

I say: True, but what you want us to do about it?

You said: "You people need to sit back and see the BIGGER picture.
Just because a species is advanced it does not mean they are peaceful"

I say: Only time will tell.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DomCheetham

I was only responding to someone's post, which was someone's reply to a Kaku clip posted in this thread.

It is not my fault you guys missed it all.

Original Post, Comments, and Clip

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I was only responding to someone's post, which was someone's reply to a Kaku clip posted in this thread.

It is not my fault you guys missed it all.

Original Post, Comments, and Clip

Does this mean I should not open discussion with you?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DomCheetham@ Sectio31

You closed the door for discussion on your own. Instead of talking to me on an intellectual level, you opened with a personal assault.

You and I have nothing more to discuss.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The nonchalance of most UFO activity leads me to these conclusions...

Aliens, with complicity/consent from our Gov'ts to do as they please.
(or)
Humans piloting craft with technology that is not released to us (Either of Alien origin or not, considering most break our laws of Physics, I lean towards Alien origin)

Though from a human perspective, which is decidedly considered useless applying our logic to them, it doesn't seem likely that an alien lifeform would come here and not make contact or communicate.

People use the analogy of 'What would you say to a colony of ants?'. I say 'Absolutely nothing at all, were not able to communicate with ants'. A lifeform capable of inter-planetary travel would recognize our ability to communicate, and it just goes against intelligence to assume they would not do so.

Obviously, nobody can prove the existence of Aliens. However, deducing the testimonials, pictures, glyphs, etc. all leads me to believe that it cannot be any other explanation.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DomCheetham@ Sectio31

You closed the door for discussion on your own. Instead of talking to me on an intellectual level, you opened with a personal assault.

You and I have nothing more to discuss.

If you can not take criticism, then I suggest not posting at all.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by DomCheetham]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Michio Kaku's a smart man; an opportunist. He's roughly 16 years behind the time re EBE/UFO distension. Kaku's been trying to blend in on using hjis scientific credentials but without EBE/UFO investigative experience my friends.

Love'm. Toss'm or leave'm. He's nothing to add in this area.

Just my feeling..
Decoy

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy

Michio Kaku's a smart man; an opportunist. He's roughly 16 years behind the time re EBE/UFO distension. Kaku's been trying to blend in on using hjis scientific credentials but without EBE/UFO investigative experience my friends.

Love'm. Toss'm or leave'm. He's nothing to add in this area.

Just my feeling..
Decoy

However he is one more bod that keeps the UFO phenomenon alive.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by DomCheetham]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Obviously, nobody can prove the existence of Aliens. However, deducing the testimonials, pictures, glyphs, etc. all leads me to believe that it cannot be any other explanation.

This is what I don't understand. Kean's book is about testimonials only; thus, they are someone's 'personal' interpretation of events. Without substantial evidence to backup a hypothesis, how can people come to the conclusion that we have been visited? Even though there is no tangible evidence, to be studied through science, is it not reckless to take someone's opinion as fact?

We are talking about physical elements here.

---------------------
reply to post by Decoy

I kind of see Michio Kaku as a on television scientist similar to Bill Nye the Science Guy. He saw an opportunity to advertise his show for the Science Channel, and he just did what any salesman would have done. He sold everyone a story.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

This is what I don't understand. Kean's book is about testimonials only; thus, they are someone's 'personal' interpretation of events. Without substantial evidence to backup a hypothesis, how can people come to the conclusion that we have been visited? Even though there is no tangible evidence, to be studied through science, is it not reckless to take someone's opinion as fact?

I have not read her book, or seen her purported evidence. I'm probably familiar with some of the cases, but that is besides the point. I clearly stated in my post they were just my personal conclusions and opinions, which of course amounts to a handful of air.

You seem suprised that people have faith in intangible things which cannot be scientifically proven.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I agree that there's no substantial evidence. However, there is something that deifies logical phenomena, and I feel that this should be dealt with scientific study.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GainsayerYou seem surprised that people have faith in intangible things which cannot be scientifically proven.

I can see where you read that in my post. Even though I believe in Jesus Christ, I would not go around trying to convince people he is real. Faith from my perspective revolves around the metaphysical. When we are talking about an alien species, we are theorizing about a 'physical form of matter'. Something in which can be studied through science.

Kean's book seems to be trying to define the physical, but without anything physical to touch with our hands. It feels too much like a contradiction.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

---

Kaku keeps his money ego alive my friend. Little more.

Decoy

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Thanks for your thoughtful post, Chris. You would be an even more effective arguer for the cause if you worked a little harder to understand what 'skeptics' are trying to say about what UFO reports mean. Your post revealed a sad over-simplistic and inaccurate representation of it.

May I humbly suggest this view of one 'sympathetic skeptic':

The Black Box Approach To UFO Perceptions
www.debunker.com...

more at www.jamesoberg.com...

...and one (of many) reasons why 'UFO reports' can be vitally important to study and understand:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by JimOberg]

Project Blue Book Report #14 said:

About 69% of the cases were judged known or identified (38% were considered conclusively identified while 31% were still "doubtfully" explained); about 9% fell into insufficient information. About 22% were deemed "unknown", down from the earlier 28% value of the Air Force studies.

Even in this case, the number of objects deemed "unknowns" is 22% of 12,618.

If the objects are "unknown" how could they possibly have come to a valid conclusion as to whether or not UFO's were a danger to national security?

Even if I ignore everything but my own personal experiences, it is quite clear that something is going on beyond our understanding.

I've been involved with at least 3 UFO sightings between 1993 and 1998 which were all witnessed by at least 3 witnesses (including myself). One was witnessed by myself and 3 friends of mine in Tulsa, Oklahoma. One was witnessed by myself and 12 other people at a late-nite family gathering in a small town Northeast of Tulsa. One was witnessed by myself, my grandmother, and my grandfather who was a fighter pilot in the U.S. Air Force in vietnam before becoming retired after 20 years of service and being a high school science teacher for 23. Even he had no idea what we were seeing that night.

Noone involved with any of these sightings knew what the heck we could be witnessing. There was no scientific explanation anyone could even think of that would've begun to explain what we saw on those three particular evenings. These three sightings are all documented and registered with MUFON.

There are at least two other instances that involved myself when noone else was around. Another involved myself and my two sisters.

All of them happened within a 40 mile radius. That, in itself, is bizarre. After my last experience in 1998 in myself and three others watched a shape-shifting, black blob moving to the Northeast against the city-lit cloudcover I have not seen one UFO.

Shortly after the incident involving my Grandfather, in 1993, he told me about two Air Force pilots who were close friends of his who saw cigar shaped objects flying right next to them on at least one occasion. They told him they had not told anyone else about the incidents out of fear of being ground or otherwise deemed unfit to fly.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
another interview with Leslie Kean

Complete with a reporter who can't help to behave like a teenager and twigliht zone music at the start for extra ridicule .

The fact that this lady keep her cool always and stays on topic exposes the retarded behaviour of the so called "journalism" .

More lame jokes please

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join