It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Iran's Bushehr nuclear plant totally unacceptable

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Israel: Iran's Bushehr nuclear plant totally unacceptable

www.jpost.com

As fueling of Iranian nuclear facility begins, Ahmadinejad warns that a strike on Iran would be answered with "harsh and painful" response; US: Plant does not pose proliferation risk.

"It is totally unacceptable that a country that blatantly violates decisions of the United Nations Security Council and the International Atomic Energy Agency, and ignores its commitment to the Non-Proliferation Treaty charter, will enjoy the fruits of using nuclear energy," Foreign Ministry spokesman Yossi Levy said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+42 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Basically, Israel, which is NOT a part of the NPT tells a NPT member how it can use it's rights.

Israel that have nukes but avoid to say so because they would be under heavy sanctions, tries to say that Iran must stay a third world country.

Iran must rely on natural gas and oil until they have no more of it and when it happens, they have no more energy sources and are bankrupt. Doing so would be national suicide.

Iran is also investing in solar plants and wind power.

Israel should STFU and elect a new government. Enough with those right wing extremists in power making threats every day of the week.

This nuclear plant is no danger at all. The whole process is under UN and Russian supervision. Russian controls the whole process. If Iran doesn't give back the used fuel, they will not receive anything else and Russia will join the US to pound them hard... so that won't happen.

Or Israel could do the crazy thing and bomb the reactor, killing Russians while they are at it.

But remember what happened to Georgia when they killed Russians in 2008.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have now cancelled my Holiday to Israel next Summer as I do not believe it will be there anymore.

Israel, if you're listening, you dragged your feet and did absolutely nothing to stop Iran getting their nuclear power / nukes soon.

Iran has made it clear on several occasions publicly that they don't like you, they actively support and finance Hizbolah / Gaza etc. with weapons to hurt your people.

This has gone on for years and you did nothing!

Why did you stop Iraq and Syria from obtaining the same power station when Iran is more of a threat and you did nothing?

Bye bye Israel, you will only have yourself to blame when you see a blinding flash, searing heat and a bi mushroom cloud.

It only takes one bomb you know, you're a small country!

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's too late for Israel to stop Iran's peaceful nuclear program. If they dared to attack them and kill just one Russian then Israel will be over, there is no questioning that. They can say it's unacceptable all they want but that's not going to change what is and what will be.

Iran will have nuclear power like to rest of the developed world. It's too late for Israel unless they want the world dropped on them. The worst thing imaginable would be to attack Iran with Russians there. Israel against Iran is about an equal fight, excluding the nukes, but Israel against Iran-Syria-Lebanon-Russia?

[edit on 8/21/2010 by Misoir]

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

"It is totally unacceptable that a country that blatantly violates decisions of the United Nations Security Council...

Someone please stop me. Did they actually say that?

Who's the #1 nose thumber at the UNSC?

Oh, and they are steering clear from pissing off Moscow. There's a shock.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

First. It doesn't need only one bomb. Israel is small but you're WAYYYYYYYYYY overestimating the power of nukes...especially ``Iranian`` nukes.

Second if a nuke explodes anywhere in the world it can be traced back to where it was produced. If it's Iran, they gonna be obliterated.

Iranian leaders love their power more than any BS ``let's nuke Israel`` propaganda.

Saddam was not thinking about developing nukes UNTIL Israel bombed his nuclear power plant. THAT IS FACT. He developed nukes until 91 but of course never ever came of it.

If Bush hadn't screwed up relations with Iran ON PURPOSE in 2003, Iran would be a US ally right now. But of course Israel wouldn't have accepted that either.

But since lots of you didn't watch politics back then you don't know that Iran was the biggest helper of NATO forces in Afghanistan catching wanted Talibans.

Relations in 2002 between Iran and NATO were very good and improving.

But then Bush said that Iran was part of the axis of evil in 2003 and it screwed it all up and made the way so Ahmadinejad to be elected.

Basically it's because of Bush we are here today.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Like a friend tells me all the time.. it does nothing to bitch and moan about things. Cause NO ONE will do anything about it, other than comment then go back to eating McDonalds and watching Amercian Idol. People are sheep,, literally.

Israel will get what is coming to them. They played their evil ways and they will have to pay for it. I mean, what did they expect, plus with the news that there is evidence that they are manipulating the American government, they are doing what their brethren did when they were thrown out of countries century after century. Some of these countries welcomed them, but decades later made them leave as they were doing what they do best. Try to control everything.

Very sad state of affairs, and I blame each and every single one of us. Its not just TPTB that put us where we are, but our own fault as well. We were warned many times.

I am no better, but I am trying to help others understand the world they sleepwalk in.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Is this "Yossi Levy" for real?

Iran is perfectly entitled under the terms of the Non-Proliferation Treaty and the International Atomic Energy Agency to develop a domestic nuclear power programme. Does this clown not know that?

The day Israel meets its own ubligations to the UNSC, signs the NPT and gives the IAEA access to the Dimona plant will be the day I might take the utterances of this dangerous and squalid little country seriously.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
While I by no means support Israel I have no wish to see Iran with anything near nuclear capability. What are they going to do if a bit of fuel goes missing, same thing they did when they wouldn't stop enriching in the first place, make a little fuss and then quiet down and let Iran carry on. The Iranian government has made it blatantly clear on several occasions that it has no intention of being peaceful with the rest of the world and yet they are being given the chance to develop some of mankind's most horrific weapons. And although Israel is a small country the fallout from a single dirty bomb would fully contaminate a large portion of the country and the whole county would feel its effect.

It's countries like Iran that are the spark that could make something like 2012 a reality. I've never believed that the world will just have some Armageddon and end but somewhere like Iran could easily cause a human Armageddon. Remember it only takes one country to start firing for the whole world to go.

-Cauch1

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

Do you think Russia would sit idly back if their fuel was used against another country?

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Israel
Crying out loud someone is violating UN resolutions..

You could not ever come close to witness hypocrisy this good.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
UN resolutions are just like getting stopped by the Police and being given a "warning". Means NOTHING AT ALL!

Israel could have done something about this a long time ago if they wanted to. Either take care of it or quit whining about it now. I mean this reactor has been in the works for 30 YEARS!!!! It's not like it just popped up on a satellite image last month.

You took out Iraq's and Syria's reactors swiftly it seems???? What is the problem now? Could it be that Israel is actually afraid of what will happen if they attack Iran? It sure seems that way to me anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This sure explains why Israel has to spend soooo much money on public relations.
Not only that, but after the slow mo nuclear wars the U$rael has commited in Iraq and Afghanistan which are blowing toxic radioactive clouds all over everyone, (especially Iran) the world is coming to the conclusion that the U$rael and ISrael are the ones who need to have their toys taken away....

Oh well, to have these arsenals and to be invaded and conquered by Israelis ally Mexico...who have only bales of dope bombs...
Oh the shame, the shame...the sham...

ah hell, better luck next planet.
what oh...there is no next planet?
ooops
the shame, the shame...

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Danbones]

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

The whole idea of Iran becoming a nuclear arm dealer is ridiculous.

IRAN HAVE A MASSIVE BIOLOGICAL-CHEMICAL program RIGHT NOW and have been doing so for years.

Did they bomb Israel with biological and chemical warheads? NO.

Did they even used them when Iraq bomb them with chemical warheads? NO.

If you want to talk about the most horrific weapon, I can tell you that a biological weapon is probably as bad as a nuclear weapon.

And everybody talks about how bad nukes are. All the depleted uranium dumped in Iraq is worse than if Bush would have just nuked Baghdad.

Iran is not nuts like the zionists want us to think they are.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Israel criticizing another country regarding their violations of Security Council decisions and their commitments to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty? That is absolutely hilarious to say the least. The hypocrisy is simply priceless. I don't know what more could possibly be said.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
I have now cancelled my Holiday to Israel next Summer as I do not believe it will be there anymore.

Why did you cancel the trip? I fly out in late October for Tel Aviv as I'm going to Jerusalem to coax down Jesus' ufo using my communicator and meditation and Israel will still be there. Christians, Jews and Muslims will never destroy Israel/Palestine, it's where the second coming takes place. If there is one place to be it's over there in the Holy Land!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
No one takes a small yappy dog seriously.

Either nut up and follow your words with action, or stay quiet.

I would respect Israel if they would voice valid concerns and issue a balanced statement of why they oppose the reactor. But since that would just highlight even more hypocrisy... I'm tired of trying to find respect for Israel somewhere, it's just so stupid. Really.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
BTW what ever happened to the 1000s of centrifuges that Iran was using to purify plutonium? Since they peel one molecule at a time they needed 1000s and they kept boasting as they added more and more. Now it is all peaceful talk I see.

I personally do not see their H-bomb program related in any way to their reactor program, but it sure lets them say “see it is all peaceful energy” but what the centrifuges make can never be used in a reactor since it is too pure.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by Xtrozero]

link   
I read the story about a half hour ago, but I've just now stopped laughing from just the excerpt in the OP.

I can't even open the link as I have things to do tonight.

link   
well ..if Israel first let the officials in for inspection of ther atomic plants in demona...and sigh the threaties about it...
then they have the right to speak...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join