It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Personally I am pleased to have a president who is not religious. Clearly he is simply too intelligent for such foolishness.

It is no doubt to his political detriment to make it so obvious, as most Americans are in fact foolishly religious. The one-fifth reported in the poll is the conservative idiot contingent. There is another fifth who fall into the leftist idiot contingent, and about another fifth who are idiots but simply don't care about politics.

I think 40% is a generous estimate of the number of people I meet who are capable of meaningful discourse.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble

I think 40% is a generous estimate of the number of people I meet who are capable of meaningful discourse.

Generous indeed!

I have found that even in among the more articulate, that they have let their ideologies get in the way of their common sense and religious and political discussion eventually evolve into creative name calling and "people like you"
categorizations.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This thread basically confirms what was said in the poll.

Some of you folks enver cease to amaze me. All I have to say is, if it bothers you that much, then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Oh wait... you won't... in the end, its all chump talk.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What is there TO do? Other than analyze it from a perspective of what the motives are and confront those.

Oh and more or less wonder why the hell anyone would insult the nation by continuing this nonsense. All for "votes?" No matter what the real cost to everyone is? Dumb.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by humbleseeker

I see. Well...perhaps he was one of the original "terror babies?"

More likely history will expose obama as being a so-called "manchurian candidate" after the plots of two movies with that title.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Grumble

Generous indeed!

I have found that even in among the more articulate, that they have let their ideologies get in the way of their common sense and religious and political discussion eventually evolve into creative name calling and "people like you"
categorizations.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by whaaa]

Ah yes.

The old elitist argument that everyone that doesn't agree with you is stupid.

Really denying ignorance with that line of thinking - not!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Funny you said that. Just got called a people like you in my other thread
Actually it was more like "you and your kind." American, I guess?

Frankly, this great concern over his religion probably preys on some people's fears and distrust of Islam and/or Muslim. Their believing he might be one probably has some direct correlation to that.

P.S. We're only up to 1342 articles about this.

reply to post by centurion1211

Hell, I guess anything's possible. I still lean toward just a plain old CFR appointee though. That could change at any moment.

[edit on 8/19/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think we all know a person who thinks Obama is a Muslim. They all have one thing in common, they are stupid. These are the people who fail at birth control because the pills keep falling out.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
How stupid are people to think Obama is Muslim?

Why would the Illuminati / Jews hire a muslim as their puppet?

Thats just retarded. The Ideal puppet is not going to be spending time praying to moon god Allah, which I'm sure the higher ups would have informed him that Islam is crap scraps of scripture ripped off from the Hebrew Israelites made into a religion.

A more reasonable question would be "Do you think Obama is into satanic rituals like the rest of the trash surrounding him?"

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man
How stupid are people to think Obama is Muslim?

Why would the Illuminati / Jews hire a muslim as their puppet?

Thats just retarded. The Ideal puppet is not going to be spending time praying to moon god Allah, which I'm sure the higher ups would have informed him that Islam is crap scraps of scripture ripped off from the Hebrew Israelites made into a religion.

A more reasonable question would be "Do you think Obama is into satanic rituals like the rest of the trash surrounding him?"

^^^^^^^

Two more sad examples of elitists posting that anyone that doesn't agree with their point of view is "stupid".

Related aside: In the business world, I've found elitists the easiest to "defeat" since it never ever crosses their mind that someone else could be doing what they do - to them.

[edit on 8/19/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

^^^^^^^

Two more sad examples of elitists posting that anyone that doesn't agree with their point of view is "stupid".

Related aside: In the business world, I've found elitists the easiest to "defeat" since it never ever crosses their mind that someone else could be doing what they do - to them.

Oh no.
I think the questions and the people who took the survey(which is most likely made up) are stupid.

That must mean I'm an elitist. Great contribution to the topic.

Get a life and post something related to the topic instead of playing Miss.Kindergarten teacher. The only sad thing here is you.
Welcome to the internet.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
1 in 5 americans think canada is in africa, and that 9/11 was on christmas

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

That makes a really good point about surveys in general. Though Pew seems to be the survey place to be, it still makes you wonder. Some people bet a lot on survey results. Businesses, politicians, and the like.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'll never forget when we were waiting to see who the Democratic candidate was going to be. My grandpa and I worked together at the time, in a hospital, and were talking to a nurse about the upcoming election. "So, who are you going to vote for Jerry?" My grandpa replied, "Probably Obama. He seems to be the most promising." "I can't believe you would vote for a Muslim."

People are so ignorant and close minded.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wise Man

Originally posted by centurion1211

^^^^^^^

Oh no.
I think the questions and the people who took the survey(which is most likely made up) are stupid.

That must mean I'm an elitist.

Guess the shoe fits - and tightly enough that it hurts.

Please recall that YOUR contribution to the topic was to call the people in the discussion stupid - for the sole reason that they don't agree with your beliefs.

Now how does THAT contribute the topic?

To elitist, I will now add the word "dogmatic" for added the part about how - to you, but based on no actual evidence - the survey was "made up".

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
1 in 5 americans think canada is in africa, and that 9/11 was on christmas

Do you have sources for this alleged "information" such as the OP has at least posted, or is this just anecdotal hearsay?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
...somewhere between 1308 adults to 3003 adults participated in this poll... how do you make stats out of an undisclosed number?... answer: you make em up...

...3003 people isnt even enough for a reasonable polling of my hometown...

...far too many people believe poll stats mean something important - because - they never take the time to read the FINE PRINT that states how many people were polled - and - so, they believe the propaganda, which is intentionally worded to infer that its a percentage of ALL usofa citizens that believe a certain way...

...polls are worthless junk... for all we know, the 1308-3003 people who were polled cant even pass a 6th grade literacy test...

...pew research center in washington dc conducted this poll... pew... ahahahaaa!... how appropriate!...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Hopefully, reading this site will raise you up from basically believing in superstition about how polling is done to actually understanding the science behind it.

source

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
all hail the mighty poll results!

...and "anecdotal hearsay"

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I wish I could send you an Applause!

Here's your Video - THANK YOU for posting it.

I hope everyone here takes a listen.

peace

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join