It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Muslim Community Center
Keith Olbermann - Special Comment

Video A must watch .... peace www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
And?
Who cares if he's muslim?
Too many people on here post threads not realising that what they post has negative effects in other ways.
For instance
Ground zero mosque? Adding fuel to the fire perhaps? Is there such thing as ground zero paper shops etc? No because they want to manipulate the situation to their gain.
Iran and wanting nuclear energy?
Big deal let them, they are a religious nation. Will their god who they worship allow or condone any type of nuclear warfare? Probably not.
We all need to stop jumping on the band wagon with all the hate. I dare say I'm not suprised they can't stand us westerners could you?
Pakistan floods? Not much help but plenty of US stamped boxes? What about haiti?
One more thing off topic but hey, the floods? China pakistan etc what would the ice meting from a certain mountain range cause?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by humbleseeker

Now we have Obama, makes me want to get out my tribal suit and go dancing through the streets.

*Shaking Head in disgust at quote*

Ya know, lol, before I got caught posting something like that here on ATS I'd of bashed myself in the head repeatedly with a rock until my brain swelled up and shot out through my nostrils.

I mean just WOW...

As for the President and his religious affiliation? I'd go as far as saying it's more like 2 in 5 think he's a Muslim.

The only reason why this would concern us?

He presents himself as a Christian. If he is not, then he is a lair.

If he is Muslim? His actions would lead me to believe he's actively practicing Taqiyya.

Taqiyya refers to the practice of precautionary dissimulation whereby believers may conceal their faith when under threat, persecution or compulsion

peace

Edit - fix link

[edit on 19-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
They should have had a fifth option = who cares?

Really.

In Australia, our current "prime" candidates are an Atheist and a guy who was almost a priest. One born in Wales, the other born in England.

I wonder how they'd take that in America...

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Personally, I don't think Obama really follows any religion. Any appearance that he did up until now was simply for political gain and posturing. Just look at his years in Wrights congregation. Either he didn't attend on a regular basis or just never payed attention in church to claim he didn't know what the good Rev. was preaching. Or he just doesn't care if he has nothing to gain or lose.

He cared about Wright just long enough to drop him like a bad habit when the truth was told.

I'm not surprised by the poll results because Obama has done nothing to counter the idea that he is Muslim. If anything he appears to be playing up to the rumors based solely on his actions and not his words since he took office.

Obama has not held a ceremony for the National Day of Prayer (non denominational) for the past two years yet he recently observed Ramadan in the White House.
www.whitehouse.gov...

They call this Ramadan observance a White House tradition just as The National Day of Prayer has been a tradition since the 1952

Actions versus words.

edit to add

I don't believe Obama has a moral compass strong to be devoted to any religion. If he did, he would publicly embrace whatever faith he ascribes to. I would accept that!! His agenda takes precedent over his faith. That is obvious.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

And how many threads on ATS don't add fuel to one fire or another?

We're here (or at least I am) to not only analyze what the "news" says, but also what it doesn't say, who says it, when it's said, and how it's said, and why it's said, what the sources are, and how it spreads and is interpreted by others, not to simply read and react viscerally or add fuel to any particular fires.

In other words, to analyze who's lighting the fires and why. If it's "just news" or a visceral reaction you crave or want, you can get that in its predigested form anywhere.

reply to post by Crimson_King

See above. In addition, guess who picked this story up first?

[edit on 8/19/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
The only reason why this would concern us?

He presents himself as a Christian. If he is not, then he is a lair.

But, has he not lied on a lot of his other statements while he's been president ?
After all, he is a politician.

What would make him lying about his religious affiliation be so important ?

From what I've read, his father was raised a Muslim, but became an atheist later in life, and his mother was nominally Christian, but raised Obama in a secular way.

Obama committed himself to a church in 1988, and has been openly a Christian since.

There is no more logical reason to suppose that he has converted to Islam, then there is that George W. Bush has.

If anything, the conspiracy could be that he is a very ambitious - but non-religious - man, that pays lip-service to his religion.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The report fails to address what the Muslim world thinks about Obama's religion as well. They consider him a Muslim also. Why is that? Because whenever a Christian goes and gives a speech to any group of Muslims and wants to quote from their Quran or Hadith that person will say: 'According to YOUR Quran', or 'According to your Hadith', et cetra.

When Obama talks about those books to muslims he says: "According to the HOLY Quran."

” The Holy Koran teaches that whoever kills an innocent, it is as if he has killed all mankind; and whoever saves a person, it is as if he has saved all mankind.” ~ Barrack Obama

"“The American President told me in confidence that he is a Muslim,” ~ Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit

"Occam’s Razor" says that the simplest explanation is the correct one a majority of the time.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

What would make him lying about his religious affiliation be so important ?

Because I do believe it would have made a difference to the American voters. I think there would have been some who wouldn't have voted for him if he'd of said he was a Muslim.

That also applies to many of the other of his political stances, so, yes, lol, we are kind of saying the same thing.

Though I will add, if he is a Muslim and practicing 'Taqiyya' - wow - that could bode ill for the USA. Maybe we're seeing the evidence of it already? (???)

peace

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
He's not a Muslim.
There is no proof he is a Muslim.
People base everything they know on the subject around rumors, chain mail and FOX news.

Saying his name is proof alone, or that his name itself is "unAmerican" is absurd and uninformed.

What this shows is that 1 in 5 people watch and listen to too much hard-Right talking heads who don't care about the facts and have either been caught fudging them on numerous occasions in the past or admit it's all just "for show and ratings".

Sadly people believe all this nonsense when it is packaged around phony rage and disingenuous concern.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Because I do believe it would have made a difference to the American voters. I think there would have been some who wouldn't have voted for him if he'd of said he was a Muslim.

That also applies to many of the other of his political stances, so, yes, lol, we are kind of saying the same thing.

Though I will add, if he is a Muslim and practicing 'Taqiyya' - wow - that could bode ill for the USA. Maybe we're seeing the evidence of it already? (???)

peace

It probably would have made a difference to the US electorate.

But, is his notorious ''you can take that to the bank'' pledge on ending the war in Iraq/Afghanistan any less of a lie ? Wouldn't that have equally changed how people would've voted, if he'd told the truth on that one ?

As for the ''Taqiyya'' references, then I think you're getting ahead of yourself here !

First, it would have to be reasonably argued, that he is actually a Muslim.

Besides his father being raised a Muslim, and giving him his middle name, plus a brief upbringing in Indonesia, then there is really no actual evidence for his supposed adherence to Islam.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Exactly. Without the media pushing this rumor, this would not and should not have ever even been an issue. As I said in the OP too, I find the timing of all this highly suspicious. It's dirty politics for one. And it's insulting to everyone's intelligence for another.

I suspect that, with this, as with the other "hot" issue right now, there are different factions pushing this, as the survey results might lead us to believe, each for their own agendas. And when we pile it all together, we have a mess.

And a mess of people thinking they actually agree with each other when fundamentally they don't and inadvertently they're supporting some pretty shady stuff that they maybe in saner times might not even want to be associated with.

link   
I dunno know if he is, acts more agnostic then anything with leanings towards Islam out of respect to his dad.

link   
My dad was raised a strict Catholic and my mother a Methodist. They made the decision not to have my brother and I baptised under any faith. Even today I have not aligned with any faith. Who is to say the same didn't happen to Obama?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

How does he call the bible, the "holy bible" or just "the bible"?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I asked myself the same question. Seems to me to go more toward using proper language to not offend than anything else. Wouldn't that be more Occam's razor than anything?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

Mark my words:

America would elect a multi-racial, Muslim, feminist, lesbian, communist before it elects an atheist, even say, a white, straight, male atheist who loves guns. I can hardly even begin to imagine the beating a serious atheist would take in a presidential election here.

We might have separated church and state, but I doubt we'll ever separate church and the voting booth.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by bikeshedding]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If Obama had of been a Muslim; the GOP would have found out, used it as a campaign issue and McCain would have been elected President.

Now calling Obama names from Commie to pedophile is just negative Right Wing strategy that they have used on all politicians they disagree with. And the Left isn't much better.

With the American electorate getting progressively more stupid, grammar school tactics will become the de reguer . And American politics and campaigning in particular, will slide even further into a surreal circus of entertainment for charlatans and fools.

Tell a lie often enough and people of low intellect will eventually believe it.

[edit on 19-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Grammar school tactics indeed. That may be what it was during the campaign and this resurfacing is probably just more of the same...instigated by one or more special interest political groups, no doubt. I'm sure Pew and the media aren't acting alone.

As a status check to the viral nature of this story as we watch it unfold, when I posted it this morning there were three stories. Right now there are 1273 (MSM and blogosphere). With headlines that are getting more and more interesting.

[edit on 8/19/2010 by ~Lucidity]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join