It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Thinks Obama Is Muslim, Survey Shows

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusioned2
Wasn’t there an incident at Notre Dame a couple of years ago when Obama was there to make a speech, I believe, and he had a statue of Jesus covered up?

No.

That actually happened during a speech at Georgetown University, not Notre Dame University.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Can you link us to a source?

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
White House Response.

Up to 1822 articles in approximately 12 hours.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well what else can he be? hes not a great president, hes will not put to rest his birth certificate and his family in kenya says he is born in kenya. Hes a muslim. Get over it.

If i was in office i would damn sure show my birth certificate not my certificate of birth if i had kooks saying i was not allowed to hold the office i was elected to and not a legal citizen.

salim al laikem

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The source is Fox News.

Fox is not a credible source for Anything. In fact, it shouldn't even be used as a source for any kind of news. They admitted giving RGA (Republican Governors Association) a million dollars.

Fair and balanced? BS.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Actually, this story broke at about the same time in three places. The other two are listed under additional news links in the OP. These were the only three that showed up when I posted it. There are now way more as the other news sources and blogs picked up on it.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Here, have a source.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The article is from Fox, the survey is from the Pew Research Center.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Two other surveys hit the "news" today.

The one referenced in the OP from TIME and then also one from Gallup apparently...reference here: Obama mosque stance hurting, Gallup finds, as Americans disapprove of it and him

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Heh,does it really matter what these people think? Most of them are not what I would call good christians,good old fashioned hypocrites is what they are.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bikeshedding
America would elect a multi-racial, Muslim, feminist, lesbian, communist before it elects an atheist, even say, a white, straight, male atheist who loves guns. I can hardly even begin to imagine the beating a serious atheist would take in a presidential election here.

So I'll never be the PoTUS. Damn.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by illusioned2
Wasn’t there an incident at Notre Dame a couple of years ago when Obama was there to make a speech, I believe, and he had a statue of Jesus covered up?

No.

That actually happened during a speech at Georgetown University, not Notre Dame University.

1. It wasn't a statue of Jesus. It was an IHS (abbreviation for Jesus adopted by St. Ignatius of Loyola) monogram that was part of the pediment directly behind him.

2. The White House asked for all Georgetown University signs and symbols to be covered during the speech. This included a GU seal.

3. A reverend attached to the Woodstock Institute (theological research institute attached to GU) even commented that it was motivated by communications strategy, not theology.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
First things first.

*Mod Snip*

That being said, that is the least of our issues with him. When you stack up reasons not to like the guy (and I dont), does one more really make a crap?

I really dont give a crap either way about the guy now. Its not who he is anymore, its what he's done/helping to do.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by alien]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
It says 18% believe he is a Muslim, up from 11% in March 2009. Can someone explain to me why:

1. Pew is even asking this in a survey.

(((To stir the pot and get some publicity.

2. Why the article about has to mention that the poll was taken before he commented on the controversy.

(((Read above.

Would the president's faith be such an issue if it were any other faith? I know that when a Mormon candidate was running, it was an issue too, but this seems a bit over the top.

((((It would not. Quite a few people are somewhat hesitant to accept the muslim faith as equal to other faithes. They are wrong, but that is how they feel and you can't argue emotion.

I find both the timing of the release of this poll and why the question was even asked suspicious. But maybe that's just me.

(((I'm right there with you, I think pew is just stirring the pot as trolls so often do on this fine website.

One other note: Barrack Hussein Obama- his name perhaps is causing some confusion with an older generation- think Malcolm X, Muhammad Ali- they experienced quite a few converts change their name when they became devout muslims, and they probably just associate the name with the faith.

]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by DondeEsta?]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

only in america do people question someones leadership
as crap as it is on their faith

must be one of the reasons blair came out the closet about being catholic after he stood down

shame obamas not Jedi

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Ok. Well, it is a sidebar here, but one worth noting. Fox News isn't highly credible not because they are Fox News or because they donated money to a Republican Governor's Association, but because they are a news organization like all other MSM crews.

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Why do 1 in 5 think that Obama is a Muslim?

We know why stupid people think that- his foreign name,
his ambiguous birth circumstances, his muslim father(s),
his sealed past, and his own admissions about his "muslim faith."

But these are the stupid people.

Here are some questions for the non-stupid people:

What about his America Apology Tour, what city it was launched from?
What about bowing down to king watzizname?
What about NASA's muslim mission?

Oh yeah, what about his support of that Ground Zero mosque?

Obviously, one has to be plain stupid to think that Obama is a muslim!
He sat in the church of that wacko priest but didn't hear a word,
so that makes him a Christian! Duh!

And a damn good one at that!

Can I say that someone is a damn good Christian?

[edit on 19-8-2010 by tungus]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
He kinda strikes me as a chameleon, according to his current mission. Many say he's christian, many say he's muslim, then there's this...

[edit on 19-8-2010 by OuttaTime]

[edit on 19-8-2010 by OuttaTime]

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

President Obama is not the first President to wear a yarmulke and pray at the western wall. George Bush has done the same thing while he was president. It show's both men have respect!

posted on Aug, 19 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by OuttaTime

President Obama is not the first President to wear a yarmulke and pray at the western wall. George Bush has done the same thing while he was president. It show's both men have respect!

I can respect that. What I find hard to understand is how far they would be willing to go in order to establish ties with other cultures under questionable motives. We all know how opaque Obama's history and cumulative agenda are, and I question his modus operandi in doing this. Is it respect, or is it political alliegence?
If I had a religion, I would be very reluctant to wear a swari and pay homage to Buddah, just as I wouldn't mock native americans by wearing their war dress and offer smoke to the spirits of their culture.
I'm no theologian or political religion consultant by any means, but situations like that make you wonder where they truly stand, and what part is a facade.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join