It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. ends combat operations in Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Your MSM coverage:

MSNBC - on scene with troop withdrawal.
CNN - on scene with troop withdrawal.
FOX - Bill O'reilly talking about who he's been contemptuous of.

I'm watching it via CBC, far less bias than American media.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

I know people also
My Son was there a few years back.
Glad they get more RR then normal.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just remember what Nixon did when he said we had ended operations in Vietnam. They lied and just told us what we wanted to hear and then kept going...even increased tension before he got caught. Let's just hope that they are not lying to us again.....like everything else they lie about. I personally believe this has something to do with the upcoming elections and protecting the Democrats image. After the elections.....business as usual, maybe even worse.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

I'm not interested in 'fear-mongering'. I do not fear death and have no reason to. As for the tension's within Iran at the moment and I haven't been getting this info from MSM but from very good personal source's as well as I have been fully aware about Iran for over 18 months now.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
The key line of this article is

“We are ending the war ... but we are not ending our work in Iraq,” he said. “We have a long-term commitment to Iraq.”

While many people will feel this is a positive thing, I think it is just an illusion of an end to the war. The middle east will never see peace so long as the war hawks continue to use propaganda and myths to confuse the masses.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by filosophia]

Ofcourse, because every thing in this entire world is a conspiracy, right? I think they have a word for people that think every thing is a conspiracy....schizo? Yea thats it.

On a more serious note. Regardless of what you conspiracy addicted lot think, it is a good thing that some of our troops are coming home and ofcourse we are going to leave some there to help train Iraqi forces for a very long time in the future, if we didn't do that then Iraq very well could fall into a civil war.

Be happy nearly 60k troops are leaving Iraq, swallow your pride for a minute and give Obama a little credit. I promise it wont kill you.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Final Solstice]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Im sure they are just taking the troops out to gain support with the public.

Give it a few weeks and they will be posted to near Korea or into Iran.

USA cannot afford to fight multiple wars anymore. Iraq and Afghanistan are costing a fortune. They dont have the cash or resources to start another war so i believe they are leaving the private security firms to do there job and getting ready to get into iran.

Thats my view anyways

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon

Amen. It is about time ourHEROEScome home. God bless all of them for the hard work they have done. Regardless of if you supported the war there or not, you can't say it is not a good feeling knowing your friends, family, and other loved ones are heading home! Living near a military base this is like Christmas in August because it means friends are coming back home from their countless tours since the inception of this war.

-Sliadon

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

What on Earth are you talking about!?

HEROES? How did you call the MERCENARIES?

Now that the MERCENARIES are coming back to the US, the US will gain more HOMELESS, GAYS, DRUGGIES and CRAZY PEOPLE on the streets.

What goes around, comes around.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding ignorant, what constitutes 'non-combat' troops?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide Vision 2010

Originally posted by Sliadon

Amen. It is about time ourHEROEScome home. God bless all of them for the hard work they have done. Regardless of if you supported the war there or not, you can't say it is not a good feeling knowing your friends, family, and other loved ones are heading home! Living near a military base this is like Christmas in August because it means friends are coming back home from their countless tours since the inception of this war.

-Sliadon

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Now that the MERCENARIES are coming back to the US, the US will gain more HOMELESS, GAYS, DRUGGIES and CRAZY PEOPLE on the streets.

I prefer Heroes aswell. Whether they are fighting for the people or not, the majority of them truely believe that they are and they are out there every day giving their lives for their friends, family and country that they love and are dedicated to.

I believe you are directing your anger at the wrong people. If you are upset with the wars we are in or the territory we have occupied, blame the government not those who have sworn to uphold their duties to America.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Every time the Major starts to have high hopes for the recruits here, something like this rises up and dashes hope. The Major wonders what form of ignorance could cause the recruits to rejoice over nothing more than Barack Hussein Obama's very own "Mission Accomplished" moment. There will be at least 50,000 troops remaining in country, in addition to countless civilians. When the the first brave man or woman armed forces member is killed after this celebrated moment what will the recruits call it? Non-combat casualty? Man caused life termination? An inconvenient truth?

The Major is disgusted. The Major was under the impression that the recruits here at ATS were more astute. Nothing like watching lemmings hurl themselves off the MSM created cliff. There's a reason Fox News isn't giving this airtime, it's fluff created by a pathetic and desperate administration, aided and abetted by their sycophantic accomplices in the media.

Latrine duty for the entire battalion.

Drop and give me fifty.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Im sure they are just taking the troops out to gain support with the public.

Give it a few weeks and they will be posted to near Korea or into Iran.

USA cannot afford to fight multiple wars anymore. Iraq and Afghanistan are costing a fortune. They dont have the cash or resources to start another war so i believe they are leaving the private security firms to do there job and getting ready to get into iran.

Thats my view anyways

Thanks for your views!

I would like to counter them, however.

Very doubtful anything new will happen anytime soon. Combine the fact the wars are very unpopular in America with the fact that Sec of Defense Robert Gates is stepping down in 2011, and you'll see what I mean.

Washington (CNN) -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates is expected to leave his post in the spring of 2011, a senior administration source told CNN on Monday.

A Pentagon spokesman confirmed that Gates wants to retire some time next year. Gates was quoted in an article in the magazine Foreign Policy published Monday saying he wanted to step down before the end of 2011.

www.cnn.com...

No one would want to step in right after him and begin a bloodlust campaign. It would be political suicide. Also, even though an appointment has to be approved, do you really think Obama will elect a bloodthirsty Sec of Defense? He would then be shooting himself in the foot and could forget about another election.

Don't worry guys, this really is a good thing.

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by duality90
At the risk of sounding ignorant, what constitutes 'non-combat' troops?

They are being called "advisers" & "tacticians"...

Basically that amounts to the same old combat troops with a new title.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
Every time the Major starts to have high hopes for the recruits here, something like this rises up and dashes hope. The Major wonders what form of ignorance could cause the recruits to rejoice over nothing more than Barack Hussein Obama's very own "Mission Accomplished" moment. There will be at least 50,000 troops remaining in country, in addition to countless civilians. When the the first brave man or woman armed forces member is killed after this celebrated moment what will the recruits call it? Non-combat casualty? Man caused life termination? An inconvenient truth?

The Major is disgusted. The Major was under the impression that the recruits here at ATS were more astute. Nothing like watching lemmings hurl themselves off the MSM created cliff. There's a reason Fox News isn't giving this airtime, it's fluff created by a pathetic and desperate administration, aided and abetted by their sycophantic accomplices in the media.

Latrine duty for the entire battalion.

Drop and give me fifty.

Correction. Fox News isn't giving this airtime because they are so far republican that they wouldn't give a democrat a single compliment if they cured cancer, abolished all war world wide or brought Jesus back.

But thats for another discussion.

EDIT: Better, Mr. Delusional General?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's not just the number of troops coming home, it's the type of units coming out - combat troops mainly the 4th Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division. Just having them out of there makes a big difference, especially if they can now lend support to troops in Afghanistan.

Whatever you think about the lies and BS that got us into this mess, and elitist neocon dreams of global domination, at least this move will be a huge relief to the troops. Seeing the joy on some of their faces as they crossed into Kuwait, I have to admit it was contagious.

Now if we can do something about prosecuting the war criminals....

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide Vision 2010

Yes. HEROES. Some people in America support the heck out of their troops. I happen to be one of those people. Unless you served this nation and fought for it or know someone who has or gave up their life, I will respectfully ask you to take a step back. I will not tell you to be quiet, you have every much as right as me to hold your views.

But these men and women (and kids: when you actually think about the fact some of these men and women are only 17 or 18 years old) very much are Heroes to me. I stand up and salute them and are proud they are my countrymen. Regardless of how I ever feel about a war or occupation, I will always, ALWAYS, call them heroes.

-Sliadon

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

what did you get, a thousand ats points for that tattoo.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Final Solstice
Correction. Fox News isn't giving this airtime because they are so far left that they wouldn't give a democrat a single compliment if they cured cancer, obolished all war world wide or brought Jesus back.

Emphasis the Major.

The Major rests his case. If a recruit is unable to properly repeat the liberal mantra of "Fox News is an instrument of the right" then the need for further discussion is unwarranted.

Deny ignorance? Not at the moment.

Dismissed.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
tens of thousands? i believe almost a million iraqis died.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Took them long enough.

PS. did they ever find weapons of mass destruction? or was that a flop?
lol

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I saw that video with US soldiers shooting reporters and innocent people and talking about it as if its a video game. nice heroes you got there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join