It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. ends combat operations in Iraq

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You will find I did answer your questions.

I am not a [snip] robot you [snip]. That WAS stated in my previous post.

I signed a contract to serve my nation. I don't get to choose where I go and who I fight. That is the job of the people of the United States. If I had my way, I would remain state-side with the rest of my pals until someone came knocking with their armed forces, but I have been discharged and no longer have to worry about it.

Let me just post this as an answer to number 2 :"I don't really have much to say to you other than that you certainly could never understand my position or experiences."

That's from my post before, as do you really think I could convey to you the things I have learned from a few years of rigorous combat in one post. or five?

Your understanding of how things OPERATE in reality seems to be distorted, you AUSSIES aren't that braind-dead stupid are you? Of course not, I know quite a few and they are good men and women. Even shared an FOB with a few in Iraq. Good people.

In fantasy land I would be with you 100%. Why would I join an armed force? If everyone didn't then no one would fight and die. WAKE UP, if you want a peaceful and awesome world, it will have to be molded from the crusty piece of crap one we live in. If everyone decided not to join the armed forces, where would that leave a nation? If you think anywhere other than subservient and conquered then you really are a naive space cadet.

Removed censor circumvention and a personal attack

[edit on 18/8/10 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Really sad to me how most of the death and suffering in the Middle East over the years has been from their own people. What the US has done pales in comparison. Too bad it's not PC to talk about that truth, but hey, it makes it easier to spread the propaganda and keep the bombs flowing.

There goes that same un-debatable argument.

The only way to debate that argument is to put in American context.

Let's see, let me rephrase what you just said:

Really sad to me how most of the death and suffering in the US over the years has been from their own people. What the Muslims have done pales in comparison.

Think about it for a second of your life at least, thinking is good, it won't lead you to hell or anything.

All the deaths were in direct result of the invasion, get it? There would be no civil war if there was no unjustified attack by the US.. Some even go as far as claiming the US orchestrated the civil war, and there is evidence for that.

When Saddam was murdering Shiits and Kurds, what was the US doing? Wasn't the US applauding Saddam? Wasn't Saddam a puppet? But when Saddam changed for the better, that is when the US came and hanged the revolutionized puppet.

Do you know why Iraq was invaded? It was to set Saddam as an example of what would happen to other Arab puppets if they change for the better.

Heck it was Western Bio-Chemical weapons which was used against Iran. It was the US which backed Iraq on its war against Iran, unjustified murder of millions.

History, it is important to read it, FOX news, it is just for entertainment.

If you are gonna watch those time of BS, you should rather watch Family Guy, the episode where Democracy kicks in or the episode about Osama bin Laden, that is entertainment, and it is damn funny.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

I'm Not beefing or criticizing you,
I am where my AV says I am
I have had to fight for vets rights here
and the cause of the fight took forty years to take down
but we did.

All I'm suggesting is to those who wish to contribute,
there is something that looks like it needs to be done.
even helping one vet who needs it
is a good start.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
LOL end of combat operations my ass. 50k troops are still there I don';t care if they are calling them advisers now. The troops that have left will be replaced by military contractors at 10x the cost. Then the US troops who are no longer in Iraq will be sent to Afghanistan where we just had the deadliest month in years.

It is like paying off one credit card with another.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
We possibly could consider it more of a chess board movement of pawns, rooks, bishops, and knights. More like the game of castles from Stephen King's Dark Tower books.
This move would allow for subtle defensive posturing into Saudi Arabia and/or Manama and Qatar. Protect the Arabs from the Persians should something go down? Or hide out with the Arabs for protection from the Persians?
Couple ways to look at it anyway.

There is no end to our presence in Iraq. Troops may be leaving, but plenty remain as well as hired mercs (which are more of a deadly threat IMO).

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Are you suggesting when you sign a contract, it doesn't go two ways? That the army writes the contract alone?

You are a [snip] robot if you allow them to write the contract for you and you just sign.

They program you, if you weren't a robot then wouldn't you ask the people who are telling you to sign the contract for your own input?

Let me give you an example:

If me and you want to make an agreement (contract), wouldn't you want to input your own conditions? If the only condition favoring you in the contract is money, then you might as well work for drug dealers, or work for the cartels, or the MOB, or the GANGS..

Why did you join the military>?

My second question, what did you learn?, correlates with my first question.

See if you weren't a robot, and you understood your own system properly, or if every American wasn't used and brainwashed in to the Army, you would have learned that a contract goes two ways.

If the US army refuses to allow you to set conditions in the contract, you have the right no to join.

The conditions should be clear, for example, if you tell me to torture, I won't follow orders. Then when you sign it, and when they tell you to torture, you have the right under the contract you signed to not follow orders.

You are a human being with a brain who can think for himself, they are fouling you to believe you have no choice.

Don't be a tool + a foul.

Removed censor circumvention

[edit on 18/8/10 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It is like paying off one credit card with another.

Probably one of the best analogies yet.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Another glorious victory for the forces of Islam, America will be retreating from Afghanistan pretty soon too i would imagine.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The censor circumvention stops here.

Fair warning.

Oh, and TRY to be civil...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
While I opposed the war as I do all armed conflicts, I wish to express my gratitude and relief to the men and women whose spirit of sacrifice compelled them to serve, whether I agree with the way that service at times manifested itself or not. And I am extremely happy for them and their loved ones that - hopefully - they can now come home.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

What do you mean "you people"?

(j/k)

Look at it this way, Obama made the promise, and he held to it, even if the pentagon protested a little. It's a compromise. You knew going into this war that the US would never be able to simply walk away, Bush knew that but chose to deceive you over that fact just as they pushed for war.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
heroes? lol

nowadays is easy to be a hero

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I wish I could say your wrong.

But your completely right.

It probably is for votes alone. If it weren't this could have been done a year ago. Or even two years ago.

Still. I'm glad to see there is movement to end this insane war.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

heroes? lol

nowadays is easy to be a hero

maybe... maybe not.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Are you really trying to explain the finer points of an enlistment contract? Seriously? You are the one who apparently is clueless as to how the military works, and apparently its purpose. More importantly, you are neglecting how the military achieves the unity and cohesion necessary to operate at 100 percent. Of course I had the right not to sign on the dotted line, but I did, entrusting that the American public would do its job to direct my service.

You apparently have no concept or grasp on anything related to this subject. Armchair geniuses rarely impact the real world, because they lack the ability to think outside of themselves, or the interest in truly researching and understanding the fundamental basics of a given topic, this one being how the United States of America and it's military operate.

I've been in it, I am far from brainwashed, I just choose to speak on matters that I genuinely understand. I am not arguing for the legitimacy of the USA's military operations in Iraq or Afghanistan, merely trying to communicate my opinions and experiences.

I came on this thread simply posting my respect, ended up being dragged into a troll fest. I have enjoyed many of your previous posts oozy, with that being said, I am out. Like I said, it is doubtful that we will understand each other or see eye to eye on this particular thread, so I wish you and yours well while I hop out of it. Look forward to our future discussions together.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Shark VA84]

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No. How can you call heroes the mercenaries that make possible the esclavization of a country on FALSE GROUNDS?

USA's wars are based on LIES, CHEATING and KILLING OTHERS for the ZIONIST owners of YOUR GOVERNMENT.

People that go to war are stupud morons. They don't go to war for their country, but for their Zionist overlords.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

First of all, we're not leaving. Its a complete and total fabrication. Second of all, we were never holding any stability there between the Sunnis and Shiites whatsoever,...we were the one's the created the instability to begin with. And third, I'm sure if we ever ACTUALLY left, the Sunnis and Shiites would probably throw a huge party with each other thanking Allah that we finally learned to mind our own business.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Agree to disagree.

Fact: I haven't joined the US military, nor tried joining it because I'm in NZ.

I'm planing to take my skills to NZ army and will try to see if it is possible to set my side of the conditions.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Iraq Inc, unfortunately.
-----Nothing follows-----
?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join