It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVACUATE NOW!: This is Not a Drill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Time to break out the Kelp Iodine tablets, and start eating fish few times a week.

I'm pretty sure the Chernobyl region isn't as massively contaminated as everyone seems to believe. Mayak on the other hand equals scary potatoes.

Get your eyes around this doc folks, it might serve to alleviate some of the panic.

To add make sure you watch the whole thing through to the conclusion otherwise it probably won't help at all

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
What if that travels around the world 20 times over? Why are we any safer here than in Europe, Asia, Russia????

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
www.furryelephant.com...

Good site explains about radiation exposure.

No, you can't catch it from someone but say it a tree (like near Chernobyl) was radiated and was burning or you cut down the tree and put the log in your fireplace, yes the radiation contained within the tree would be released.

I would assume, if a person died from radiation exposure and you burned their body the same thing would happen.

I use to work with people who had cancer and that had radiation treatments and ended up dying from too much radiation and it's not a fun way to go.

Possibly, if you live near Russia you might want to buy a Geiger counter, a mask, potassium iodine, limit your exposure to the outside, bring your veggies in and even buy a biohazard / radiation suit.

Nuclear energy is a dirty energy, if something goes wrong; you're looking at thousands of years of contamination.

My mother was born in 1910. In 1920 or thereabouts she had tonsillitis. The way they treated tonsillitis back then was place to place you up against an x-ray machine and zapped your tonsils. Now back then, x-ray machine emitted more rads, they didn't know what we know now about "safe levels".

End result: I was one of the eggs in my mother's ovaries when this occurred.

I was born with cataracts, cataracts, cleft palate and a severe high frequency hearing loss. My IQ has come out at around 128. I'm lucky I wasn't also born retarded, that's another side effect of radiation exposure.

Radiation poisoning does mutate DNA.

Nuclear energy is nothing to fool around with; it's not safe to the human body period.

If you are pregnant, take extra precautions, if you have a daughter, same thing. Radiation exposure will affect your DNA and alter it for the rest of not only your life but the life of those that follow your bloodline.

Any nuclear physicists out there care to correct or add to my above statements, please do so.

It's not just one incident that is plaguing humanity on earth right now, a month ago it was a huge oil spill, coupled with coexist being poured into our Gulf.

Wars, earthquakes in Haiti, floods in Thailand, and now forest fires across Russia, some of which have reached Chernobyl.

As far as I can tell not much is being reported in the mainstream media, so we have two choices, either it's not that big a threat or we're simply not being warned.

It's also all these major environmental catastrophes that seem to keep hitting us one after another after another.

I am wondering if all of these things simply are "by accident" and what will be the effects with them all combined be.

Last question: Why in sam hell are we even fooling around with nuclear energy? One little accident and you’re looking at thousands of years of poisoning? It's a dirty uncontrollable energy - we here in America have thousands of acres in the west of radioactive dump sites.

Humanity is not looking after his own best self interest in a logical manner.

My heart goes out to the Russian people right now.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Well, that's f**king bullcrap, no nuclear bombs, no planes falling from the sky, no crazy mutant alien crab people. Just some stupid fire and everyone get's cancer. Wicked.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

well if HAARP really works then maybe we can manipulate where the rainfall occurs and dump it on some of our enemies. any government agents reading this post might want to send that up the ladder for consideration. you're welcome

Nice, really nice.

And the millions of innocent men, women and children dying an agonizing death from radiation poisoning doesn't bother you at all?

What a humanitarian you are...your family must be proud.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't believe it until it is proven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all could possible die one day!!!!!!!!!!!![edit on 8/16/2010 by Misoir]

FYP(fixed your post)
Is that allowed here on ATS?

Please someone quote this before i get banned!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
OK, as has been pointed out, when the reactor blew in '86, the UK government didn't advise the public about radiation at all, hardly anyone (nobody i knew) changed their habits or took Potassium, and as far as i know, no deaths occurred here (maybe from cancer many years later but...) and this was crap directly from the core not just 25 year old lower level stuff from the soil, trees and plants.

So, it's probably a storm in a tea cup, but better safe than sorry i say.

Can anyone advise what these thyroid protection pills are called please?

I've seen people say Potassium IODINE, IODATE, IODITE...you get the idea.

Anyone here know what it's called, what dosage for kids under 5 years, and for adults are, recommended mg to buy, that sort of thing?

As you can probably tell, chemistry isn't something i know a lot about!

Any advice from people who know what they are talking about, will be gratefully received.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The whole of europe and russia have to evacuate now ?

Where to ?

Well, if I did had my own spaceshutle I would probaly been gone a long time ago..... lol, but this is so easily said..

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by css1981

Exactly what i was thinking.

Not many people are going to be able to take a holiday 'down under' for a year or two, and certainly not 830 million of us!

Even Oz, wouldn't be able to cope with a quarter of that number, despite it's huge outback.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Russia, land of tragedies

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The thing is, a lot of people are unable to evacuate even if they wanted too.... because firstly they may not have the money and resources to go elsewhere and secondly where do they evacuate too??

I live in London, and at the moment I feel safe from any chemicals or radioactive particals flying over from there. We could all evacuate somewhere and have the danger of something else to contend with... I think most parts of the world are highly dangerous so I think I will ride this out and if the worse comes to the worse il buy a gas mask! and stock up on food and bottled water.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Well, this post is certainly alarmist and sensationalistic too. I can't find anything else on the net so far that's saying we're in deep trouble. Furthermore, where are we going to evacuate to? Europe + Russia = many many people. Do you want us all to come to the US?

Now that would look like the illegal alien business you have to deal with like a joke.

Seriously though, I'll keep my eye on this obviously, but at present I'm unconvinced and believe this article just to be a shout for attention and to get us all worked up.

No thanks.

Maybe I'm wrong and I will eat my mutated words later, but we'll cross that bridge when and if we come to it.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Yawn....talk about sensationalism.!!

Calm down, the drama you are looking for isn't here.

Can't be any worse than WHEN IT ACTUALLY EXPLODED CAN IT????? And I'm fine. (I live in the UK btw)...would probably avoid parts of Russia though.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I live in Belgium, which is on the far west of Europe, so hopefully my country will suffer little harm if this is indeed true.
I'm a bit young to get cancer.
Hopefully everyone will be fine, but I fear for that to be true, if the radiation is as bad as I'm reading.
Please let this be fear mongering.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidOfHope
I live in Belgium, which is on the far west of Europe, so hopefully my country will suffer little harm if this is indeed true.
I'm a bit young to get cancer.
Hopefully everyone will be fine, but I fear for that to be true, if the radiation is as bad as I'm reading.
Please let this be fear mongering.

i am even closer , i live in Croatia (West Balkan) but i feel safe lets hope this is just hoax or something like that

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
WOW

Now to the real deal boys and girls yes S is starting to HTF slowly on a low speed setting.

Now with all serious cause of thought and degree of understanding start preparing. Things will not be fun soon so the fun is over boys and girls time to get to the work you are meant to do. Is waking up and carrying out your missions.

This is Commander El'ni'um signing out.

P.S: Vitamins will be recommended but make sure they are not the toxic poison contained ones.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Why it seems like my planet is being terraformed, I DONT KNOW? But this is sickning to hear about. Is there no way to calm these fires before all hell breaks lose, no pun?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
wow, there are a lot of things going on in the world today... a lot of negative things....gets ya thinking, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
People in the USA don't have to worry. We've been testing nukes in the west for decades so we all probably have had our good dose of radioactive fallout. Why do you think cancer is so high?

[edit on 17-8-2010 by hawaiinguy12]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Nick Davies who wrote Flat Earth News has gone into detail about how we have been duped into believing that the effects of radiation are far worse than they actually are.

You can look at the 'evidence' he gives on his site ...

Flat Earth News

I have read the book and gone through the material and have to say that to the untrained eye (mine) it does look like he has some valid points.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join