It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVACUATE NOW!: This is Not a Drill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You're entitled to your opinion. Hiroshima killed most people from the explosion itself and the resulting fires. The deaths from fallout where not from Uranium, but rather the fission products created from splitting Uranium, like Caesium-137, which are many orders of magnitude more toxic than Uranium itself. This makes any comparison of DU with Hiroshima completely irresponsible, false, and irrelevant, unless you remove the deaths from the explosion, and adjust for the difference in toxicity. Philip N. Ledoux, the author in one of your links, obviously didn't take high-school physics, or he's just an idiot.

[edit on 17/8/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Actually, panic over, now we can move on to the next great disaster story www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I had to laugh after reading this thread on the front page it reminded me of something I saw on TV a few years back (when I had one) it went a little like this:

We are all going to DIE!!!!! for these prices, act now and receive a free gift with every order, hurry whilst stocks last.

Good god, it seems everyday is a drama here on ATS.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Just chill out.

It can't be worst than in 1986. So I guess it won't be too dangerous, for western europe at least. Anyway Europe is already contaminated by the fallout of 1986, so a "revival" won't change much.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Your Source-

Nuclear concerns

Concerns remain about fires near Russia's major nuclear research facility in Sarov, about 400km (250 miles) east of Moscow, and in the Bryansk region, heavily affected by radiation from the Chernobyl nuclear disaster.

Officials said on Monday that fires near Sarov had been controlled.

But environmentalist and regional legislator Lyudmila Kolmogortseva warned that radioactive material near Bryansk still posed a threat.

"Almost a million cubic meters of dead radioactive wood pose serious danger if the fires spread," she told the Associated Press.

"The forest is practically impenetrable, and we practically have no aviation so we'll have nothing to fight the fires if they spread."

Officials said any fires that had reached the area so far have been extinguished.

So- Kind of, but not really. According to your source- its still not over.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Whether the rumors are true or not, Russia is clamping down on those trying to report on the situation:

Russia emergency minister threatens to ‘deal with’ those spreading radiation ‘rumours’ about wildfires in contaminated areas
www.bellona.org...

Related ATS thread:

Russia sends out 'threats' to those who want to spread information
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And you know what they say. Whenever you're over the target, you're going to get flak.

Two items to have in case of fallout (and, what's a little fallout, right?)

A copy of this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7645f04f668.jpg[/atsimg]

and one of these:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3586ff72aff1.jpg[/atsimg]

May be purchased here for only $50.00 used.
store.colemans.com...

PS
This winter's gonna' be a killer...

[edit on 8/17/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
im no geologist...whats the changes of this reaching the UK? just looked at a map and england is WAAAYYYY more than 1000 miles away from the mayak plant

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Well parts of the uk are still radioactive from Chernobyl...radioactive particles tend to travel quite far.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
ah well ive decided i dont have the money to just up and leave europe not to mention a visa...so im gonna cross my fingers and hope it doesnt reach england...im several thousand miles away ill take my chances...

having a global industrial revolution would inevitably lead to a global industrial accident.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by unityemissions

My comment still stands, if you manage to inhale radioactive particles no amount of vitamin c or e will do much good....people shouldn't be taking supplements anyway... eat food high in vit c and e, much better than pill popping and thinking you are somehow healthy because of it.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Solomons]

your wrong lol...the natural food sources that provide vitamins provide many other good and bad things aswell and you have to eat a lot of natural food sources to get the amount of vitamin C you can get from a few pills...and the vitamins on both are THE SAME!!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Well parts of the uk are still radioactive from Chernobyl...radioactive particles tend to travel quite far.

Well...Chernobyl certainly contributed to some radiation exposure in the UK, however the amount is very small. 0.2% of your yearly radiation exposure is from Chernobyl. The natural environment exposes residents of the UK to 38,000 times the radiation dose, compared to Chernobyl.

iopscience.iop.org...

[edit on 17/8/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
My opinion is that these fears about radio activity in the smoke are highly exaggerated and being inflated out of all proportion to their real extent. Interesting that you think that only Europeans and Russians would be affected. The stuff would reach all around the Northern Hemisphere just like it did back when Chernobyl blow up. We all survived it then and we will survive it again.

There is however something else going on which every one should contemplate. Why are we witness to such strange weather systems this summer ? According to one Doctor Gianluigi Zangari of the Safrati Institute in Italy, the worlds weather is being thrown out of limbo due to the effect of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, causing the "Gulf Stream" that flows across the North Atlantic, thus keeping Western Europe warm in the winters, to be "catastrophically damaged". He made these statements since 20 July this year after studying satellite infrared photography. If what Dr Zangari is saying is the truth and thus the North Atlantic is nolonger being warmed then that will throw the world weather systems into limbo. It is thus wise to suspect that Europe and Russia are going to be entering into a new Ice Age ? But it will not be just Europe and Russia affected. If true then the whole world is going to be affected. So that evacuation is not going to get anyone anywhere. > ICE AGE <

The point is that the adverse weather in Europe and Russia is at root being brought on by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico ? My opinion is that the situation in the Gulf of Mexico is far more serious a threat to public health than any forest fires in Russia might be. Even if the smoke gets to be a little bit radio active it is nothing by comparisson to the problems in the Gulf of Mexico. Lets get things into correct perspective.

[edit on 17/8/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

i didn't post my opinion...
Du is considered to be one of the worst humanitarian crimes humanity has ever commited and it is very easy to prove it is over time far more deadly to the world then is being said officially.
I didn't even get into the gulfwar syndrom deaths attributed to it or the increases in diabetes in the drift plume, I posted pics of babies so everyone can look .
so look
and enjoy

ps i don't think the russian fire will be so bad in retrospective
pps I have a supervising nuclear engineer in the familly. He goes on to great length about certain aspects of the industry.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I live in Europe, so I kind of don't have anywhere to go. And I don't want to. Even though I wasn't even in the plans, when the catastrophy in Chernobyl happened, my family was here in Poland. And I guess nothing caused by the fires, could be worse than the catastrophy itself.
Back then they gave potassium iodine solution to people, and so far, nobody I know was in any way affected (and you know how it was, it's not like the Russia admitted what happened right away...).

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Haha ATS is fun.I have been visiting ats for years now and these threads come along quite often don't they.First everyone panics about a possible doomsday event.Then the attention shifts to a MSM blackout and then......
the threads and event dwindle away into nothing

Yellowstone park, bird flu, swine flu, volcanos, oil spill....ect....
Its all still fun though...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhistpunk

A big one I remember recently, which people were crying doomsday over was the Gaza Flotilla and the people (RIP) being killed by the Israeli's. I thought S$%# was going to go down. I've learned to just take everything calmly and not get over excited, although I find myself pretty glued to this website.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
This post is over inflated.
No one will grow a third leg by being exposed to this.

Child deformities and cancer rates will rise but there will be no end of the world.
Romania's neighbour is Ukraine but we are still here.
We die from cancer and all that s..t but no end of the world here.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

They are not the same in the slightest, many studies have shown that the body prefers vitamins and minerals from fresh fruit and veg over pills. To be fair many have also said they are, but i can guarantee you someone who eats a diet rich in vitamin c and e and doesn't pill pop will be healthier than someone who pops numerous vitamin c and e pills. There is no need for it, but carry on driving a multi-billion dollar industry that makes it's profit from gullible folks if you wish. The complex synergistic effects cannot be repeated from popping pills.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot
EVACUATE to Where?

There is no where to run to.

We live on the east coast of the UK.

For the last few weeks, we in our family have been suffering with coughs, inflamed airways, very sore throats, badly itching and burning eyes, general unwellness. There are many others who live near us with the same problems.

Yes Elliot. That's commonly known as Hayfever.

Not radiation poisoning.

*Hair falls out, skin begins to shed*

You have nothing to worry about.

*Teeth fall out*

At all.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Interesting thread OP.

If Europe has to worry about this, then how about Asia ?
Only winds can make the clouds go some place. It could go in several directions dependent on high and low air pressures, isn't it?

It might even drift off to the USA, so get into your bunkers.... now !!

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join