It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVACUATE NOW!: This is Not a Drill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This is ridiculously bad...but it does seem to be real...I can't find anyone debunking it anyway...reading the comments on that article is disturbing...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

My comment still stands, if you manage to inhale radioactive particles no amount of vitamin c or e will do much good....people shouldn't be taking supplements anyway... eat food high in vit c and e, much better than pill popping and thinking you are somehow healthy because of it.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

My comment still stands, if you manage to inhale radioactive particles no amount of vitamin c or e will do much good....people shouldn't be taking supplements anyway... eat food high in vit c and e, much better than pill popping and thinking you are somehow healthy because of it.

Yes, because taking supplements which have an identical molecular structure to the nutrients we KNOW provides wellness is in no way related to being healthy.

Sure, that makes sense..

Decades of research prove you are incorrect, sir.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

When radioactive isotopes enter your body they find their way into your thyroid, by taking Potassium Iodate KIO3 you essentially are "locking" your thyroid from receiving and absorbing the isotopes. This is a cheap product and is readily available with a next day delivery by most sites.

Also Potassium Iodate KIO3 works on your pets too, a quarter of a tablet twice a day.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
If the research is so good, why did it take decades to come up a conclusion? For decades I've been hearing that the body doesn't readily absorb most supplements, that's why the doses are usually 2-10 times the RDA.

Originally posted by unityemissions

Yes, because taking supplements which have an identical molecular structure to the nutrients we KNOW provides wellness is in no way related to being healthy.

Sure, that makes sense..

Decades of research prove you are incorrect, sir.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

When radioactive isotopes enter your body they find their way into your thyroid, by taking Potassium Iodate KIO3 you essentially are "locking" your thyroid from receiving and absorbing the isotopes. This is a cheap product and is readily available with a next day delivery by most sites.

Also Potassium Iodate KIO3 works on your pets too, a quarter of a tablet twice a day.

Sweden was the first to notice the high radiation level caused by Chernobyl. They handed out pottasium iodide to all children to protect the thyroid.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Does the worse in another kill the worse in the other?
Does It not remain as a radient static reaction from a lightning strike?
I believe there is a reaction to that action that lingers on with consequence.
I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Do U seA what I mean?
Seems to make Sense.
Yes or No?

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
To me, this sounds like a shtf scenario! I've said it before and I'll say it now, all of us here are here because we know, deep down, that something is going to happen/is happening. We know that the times they are a changin' and we are living in a ticking time bomb world. This very well may be "IT" and it just as easily may be nothing to worry about!

This brings me back around to my whole; better safe than sorry mentality! Some of these events will be in the "can't do anything about it" catagory and some are in the "I'm so glad I was prepared" catagory. All we can do is plan for the worst but hope for the best!

All I can say is that I hope all, or most of the like-minded people can find each other when "IT" finally happens, there's strength in numbers!

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I doubt if this is a SHTF event as it can be contained when the weather changes.

Perhaps a warning to all who seek for nuclear energy, a siren on what is the level of our wisdom to control that is lower than the technology we created, despite the assurances offered regularly by TPTB?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

If I meet someone who has just come back from an area near there, can they give me radiation poisioning? Like is it infectious?

I hope border controls are tight.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

I agree. It is time to inspect the camping gear whether one is In or down under. One will have dvds; the other a chorus of nature.....after the Strike.....

I always preferred lightening to fire-works anyhow.
The good thing is, one doesn't have to 'buy' tickets.
I understand it's 'free of charge' just as energy.....X/ozone of course.
Imagine what that could Do to an underground nuclear reactor.

Nature will take it's course and decide who's on the menu.
I trust this is by natural design.
The intelligence of it all depends on what side of the Strike One is on.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

Sweden was the first to notice the high radiation level caused by Chernobyl. They handed out pottasium iodide to all children to protect the thyroid.

That is Good! I hope more Countries follow this example and promote this product for the safety of the people. Sadly this will still contaminate the soil and waterways. This is just another step towards TEOTWAWKI.

Chernobyl means Wormwood and even though John spoke of a Star named Wormwood that would poison the waters, this certainly could take its place in short order. Prophesy fulfilled!

Perhaps on top of the smoke distributed radioactive particles there will still be a "star" falling from the heavens, burning as a lamp. Many men dying of the waters because they were made bitter.

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Maybe I am getting old but am I the only one to remember when that thing went up in 1986??

I was 10 years old and I remember watching it on the news..

A large cloud of radioactive material went over most of Northern Europe. I remember in the Netherlands the cows weren't allowed outside for a few weeks because of eating radioactive grass and contaminating the milk....but that was basically it! I remember Belgium didn't even take any precautions....

Guess what.....most of us are still here.

Now am I to assume that the radioactive particles going up in the air right now are worse or more then it was 1986??

Or is this thread title a little over the top??

Peace

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Good post ! Good find ! Yes folks believe it or not this is serious ! Probably not in the extent as some think like "the end of the world" but it is serious as an environmental diaster. And it will and does pose health risks to some persons. Maybe the next thing to wait for is a northern hemisphere ice age...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
well if HAARP really works then maybe we can manipulate where the rainfall occurs and dump it on some of our enemies. any government agents reading this post might want to send that up the ladder for consideration. you're welcome

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
oh- we all get excited when we think we got a live one?
by now we should know that anything is possible
and we are largely on our own.
evacuate to where?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
i thought the fires around mayak were under control?..now the whole thing is burning?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
EVACUATE to Where?

There is no where to run to.

We live on the east coast of the UK.

For the last few weeks, we in our family have been suffering with coughs, inflamed airways, very sore throats, badly itching and burning eyes, general unwellness. There are many others who live near us with the same problems.

I have been giving us all anti histamines, vitamins etc but non of us is improving.

If any of this is being caused by hydrocarbans from the East or for that matter the West, there is nothing we can do about it except perhaps the suggestion for vitamins and supplements.

We are stuck and stuffed much as when Chernobyl went up.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Judging by your avatar, I'd say your best bet for survival would be to bury your head in the sand and hope that future generations will be able to drag our species out of this mess.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join