It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seers

Originally posted by tristar
I simply cannot understand why such a topic has gained so much momentum, is it because its Muslim orientated and right next to a location that has obvious grey areas in respect to who initiated it. Or is it because its much easier to blast Muslims when its related to a sensitive topic.

Although i do wonder why no-one has posted anything about the whore house right across from the Vatican, is it because it has not been made public....oh wait..yes..it hasn't been drummed into the cerebral cortex and has not been approved as psy ops issue.

People , use your brain , don't abuse. it.

Humans are so predictable...it makes our job far less complicated...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by tristar]

I'm not trying to insult you or anything so I'll spell it out. Last time I checked....The Vatican is not waging a war against the infidels...Sure it did in the past...That is not what is happening now.. The Muslim religion is stuck at around 700 A.D. Why, because they have been catapulted into the modern age by wealth. No time to change, now they are trying to change us violently.

Are you sure about the Vatican, would you care to re assess that aspect or should i say your information feedback. As for infidels, well, what exactly classifies a human being as an infidel ? , someone who does not accept *my/our/his/her beliefs ?.
As for the Middle East living in 700 A.D. , well i guess you really do not travel too much within the middle east considering that they are the major contributors to all currencies. As far as catapulting and violence, i guess you might have possibly missed history ?

But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

- Hermann Goering at his Nuremburg trial.

Sound or feel familiar ...?

[edit on 16-8-2010 by tristar]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I say a go on both. Sure. This gay bar is provocative. So's the mosque. The mosque has a legal, constitutional, and human right to be built where it is going to be. What they are lacking is common sense and sensitivity in choosing this location. Which leads me to believe this Mosque location is chosen deliberately, for whatever reason.

They wish to open up dialogue? Excellent. What better way to start, then by confronting a major issue in Islam: intolerance and abuse of homosexuals. Sure, everyone is free to constantly criticize Christianity's outdated and confused views of homosexuality, but deliberately ignore the fact that Islam is just as backwards and intolerant. Both religions push this hatred, but only one is allowed to be bashed. Why?

So, opening up a gay bar will really open up two-way dialogue, for a start. Just as Muslims and every other religion are free to practice, homosexuals are free to live their lives as they feel is right. And people in general have a right to open up legit business.

So long as the paperwork is good, let's see what happens.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Perhaps the gentleman in question knows that judgement is God's domain and not mans? A true Christian loves unconditionally and leaves the judgement to God. Thats a part of the Bible that a lot of Christians seem to ignore.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think this is the first time I have said the sort of statement that I am about to make. I wonder what Lucidity's view on this is? Lucidity rallies to the Muslim threads with messages of understanding and such; I am curious what Lucidity's position will be on this gay bar. I am not insulting Lucidity or criticizing Lucidity's views; I am expressing my sincere desire to see Lucidity's viewpoint on this matter.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think it's pretty funny, especially for those who are all for the freedom of the mosque to be there. While yes, they can place a mosque there, the real question is should they? If they do I don't see anything wrong with anyone else in the area using their private property for such uses as described, maybe we can even put an all girls school right next door as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Just him saying this proves that this faux outrage is completely ridiculous. If Ground Zero is such a protected site, then one would think a gay bar would not be acceptable to conservatives.

And herein lies the reason there is so much divisiveness in the world:

The false, unproven attitude that only conservatives oppose the mosque.:shk:

Fyi, there are thousands of Democrats opposed to the mosque also. Just listen to any of the talk radio stations in NYC for proof.

Originally posted by DazedDave
Funny...People laugh at the notion that Islam is a generally peaceful religion, yet the only ones being antagonistic here are Christians. But it's ok when we do it.

And of course you have proof that there are no Jews, no Hindus, no native Americans, etc., being antaganostic? Please.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Yes, because it's Muslim oriented. Building a gay bar next to a Christian Church would hardly be news worthy, but Islam is protected by the shroud of Political Correctness. In most cases, justly so, because there are some out of control misconceptions about Islam. At the same time, I think people find this....... brazen, shall we say.. because it's an outright audacious attack on Islam without regard to political correctness. In short.. it makes people uncomfortable. Ironically, I still find it weird no ones complained about a gay bar being used as a weapon.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
first, where in the constitution does it give anyone the right to 'build' a place of worship? Nowhere. It gives you the ability to practice without prejudice but that is it.

How many of you have actually been down there? Why the hell do they want to build it there? For location? To be near more Muslims? The economy is in the dump and this is the 'best' place they can find? I don't think so.

My take is that they did this to gain sympathy and then in some way this group will be provided state or government land or access to a better deal to build it in another location so they will save money and get a better piece of property all by once again playing the American heart strings. Rudi stood tall after 9/11 NY and I am sure that he would not allow this. If you can stop the mob with money then you should stand up to this unless you are afraid and that is the problem. People are afraid to speak and if you do not before you know it things are much different than they were before.

Maybe Obama can meet some friends for a beer at the bar after he dedicates to Mosque with a few professor friends.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You know, I think that at the very least if building this mosque was a gesture of peace or goodwill, it was done in a less than tasteful fashion. I hate to sound like Mrs.Manners here, but one doesn't throw a birthday party at a funeral. If this were really an attempt to better a community then it would have been properly placed further away than a scant two blocks down the street. The heated left hand of the islamist movement is thick there, and getting worse. I have to admit though, this is the first good idea I've ever heard come from fox "news" and I'd be proud to see a gay bar serving juicy pork BBQ with Hooter's annexed in on the other side! Somehow, I get the feeling that this plan to put a mosque there isn't going to pan out like they want. If there's any sort of connection to organized crime in the building industry, or if the union construction has anything to say about it, it's gonna be one messy ride. More power to 'em!

[edit on 16-8-2010 by volafox]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by Violater1

I have a better idea....

HOT DOG STAND !!! right out in front of the masque......like 5 of them !!

Owned by Jewish men....

And the hot dog carts will be painted in Jewish flag colors...

Or maybe have men in lil short shorts with leather hats sell them too....

It's not like any of the above is illegal.....

If people purposely piss you off....you need to do the same to them.

that is the only way they will know how you feel.

the only way to let them know how you feel is to do the same to them as they do to you?

in 3rd grade, this was the case.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by 54v!0r531f

im(sic) an american(sic) and i dont(sic) appreciate you assuming i dont want a mosque next to 'ground zero', therefore i can only assume muslims do not want you assuming those things of them.

it just leads me to believe that you know so very little.

also, the building they are constructing the mosque in was the old burlington coat factory.... and there is a mosque that pre-dates the WTC in the area too....

but im gona(sic) guess you didnt know that.

So tell me something “im an american (sic)”54v!0531f, do you appreciate the imam that supports the feeling of the peaceful muslims holding their peaceful signs below, who will be preaching his support of Hamas, and sheria law at ground zero, do you admire him for using Saudi money? Will you visit the gay bar next door?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f609b97932c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85b005929d27.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5344d8a7db36.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02d685511429.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ce40afaba64.jpeg[/atsimg]
PS
If you really are an American, you need to take a 4th grade English class and learn to spell simple words.

im (sic) glad that my post got so far under your skin that the only way you felt you could retaliate was to point out grammatical errors that i dont (sic) give a # about.

it lets me know what sort of person you are.

(sic)

do i appreciate him? no.

do the protesters signs phase me even a little bit? i have to admit, the text of their signs is cause for a little concern, but overall, no.

do i appreciate his use of Saudi money? no.

will i visit the gay bar? only if you promise to give me a free pass.

and your ignorance gives me pause to consider what the imam "will do" because apparently you say he will do these things.

and just to combat your dick-ness with some dick-ness, you misspelled Sharia.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
My husband was in the second tower on 9/11 and escaped right after the first plane hit. He'll be the first to support the mosque and the first to support the gay bar next to it.

Yeah right.
This is akin to being stuck in the middle of a gun battle with the Cripts
and the Bloods, and then saying you support drug dealing street gangs!

Something is very wrong with that!

this post only serves to further my notion that you are only pseudo-intellectual.

you rebuke her statement that her husband was in the WTC, without a shred of reason, then apply a completely unrelated metaphor.

i think i have found a new member to antagonize.

btw, its crips.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
You posted those pictures on the last page of this thread also, was it really necessary to post them again?
Where are they from, by the way? Or are you just grabbing the most inflammatory pictures of Muslims you can from wherever and whenever?
Sources for Imam Rauf's support for the opinions on those signs?
Source for his support of Hamas? (Yes, he has refused to condemn them as a terrorist organization; that is different from actively supporting them or their activities).
Have you read the Imam's book on Sharia law to find out what his interpretation of it is, or are you just assuming the worst?
[edit on 8/16/2010 by americandingbat]

The photos are no more inflammatory than having a mosque built at Ground Zero.
Sources for imam Ralphs support of Hamas. From The New York Post,
www.nypost.com...
Please don’t attempt to discredit or spread your disinfo in my Thread.
You obviously support this obamination, however I do not value your opinion.
Will you visit the mosque? The gay bar next door? The BBQ at 27th St? Will you walk 10 steps behind your man? Will you refuse to vote because it is against Sheria law?
Will you cover your entire body with clothing? Do you support the stoning of women?
Will you not object to an opinion of your husband’s even if you know it is wrong?

you ask a lot of questions for someone who A.) couldnt (SIC) possibly process the information the simple answers would entail, and B.) doesnt (SIC) actually give a #

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

but Islam is protected by the shroud of Political Correctness.

This political correctness is using US Taxpayer money to send this imam over to talk with the terrorists Hamas. Don't give me this peaceful Islam crap.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f609b97932c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/85b005929d27.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5344d8a7db36.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02d685511429.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ce40afaba64.jpeg[/atsimg]
Do They Look Peaceful to You?
This is just one reason Greg is building a gay bar next door.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
reply to post by americandingbat

Conservatives kind of forget that THEY were against Women's Suffrage in this country. Now they use the "don't let women vote" as a great reason why Muslims are more backward and evil than we are.

Just who brought YOU CONSERVATIVES kicking and screaming into the 20th Century? Before you condemn Muslims -- maybe you need to thank a Progressive for having civilized you.

Whether it's reality or NOT for many muslim countries -- it won't stop the FACTS being used for this argument -- reality never gets in the way of a good Conservative screed. But women would have to mind their place, get back into the kitchen and let the men folk vote about two weeks after the Religious Right regained a death grip on our country.

So are they critical of the Muslims or just jealous?
\

dood... i think i love you!

can i at least have a man crush on you?

(your logic and wit is caustic and satisfying, both good things)

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Clap clap clap, good sir.

I fully endorse this movement.

i am so very glad that someone who is apparently obligated to worshiping Phage take a polar opposite stance on this issue from me.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

actually yes, that does look peaceful.

controversial? mos def.

edit- i think tristar is saying Islam is some-what protected from criticism because of its 'shroud of PC'....

meaning people are hesitant to criticize it for fear of being labeled something unfavorable.

you are falling straight in line with my observations of you.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by 54v!0r531f]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

If there is so much evil in all the 1.5 billion Muslims all over the world then why do you have to keep showing the SAME half dozen pictures over and over again? It would seem that if your point was even remotely valid, you could dazzle us with new pictures on each page instead of hoping reruns make it seem like more than it is. Thanks for kind of proving you are having a hard time finding pictures to illustrate what you claim is true for so many, so often.

The pictures are pointless. Not one of you is willing to consider that Fred Phelps signs represent all Christians so I am still waiting for someone to explain to me why all Muslims must fit the very few samples of nuts you have?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
America is comprised of contrasts. If a mosque is being built near Ground Zero, so be it. If a gay bar is next to it, fine. In fact, nearby should be a traditional gentlemen's club, a bookstore, hobby shop, you name it.

Is it right to make such a big deal about any kind of building being built in a zone that legally allows such a business or building to be built there? I mean, there's no law stating that religious buildings can't be built there, is there?

Aren't we weaker as a nation if we change the law to prevent a legally allowed building, such as this mosque, to be erected in a location that happens to be near Ground Zero? I'm not Muslim. I'm an American. It really doesn't bother me.

The idea of a gay bar next to the mosque doesn't bother me either; in fact, I rather for the contrast that it will create. I mean, this is, after all, in New York City, and I can't think of a better place to use buildings as a means to royally pissy someone off. New York City has a reputation for harboring rude people who are quick to yell. So, really, having a mosque near ground zero fits right in, and a gay bar right next to it is the perfect icing on that pleasantly rude cake.

Further, the clashes and protests that will surely take place will really serve to increase the value of our "infotainment" ---and Fox News will benefit from the increased ratings. I thought there was an unwritten rule out there that said reporters should report the news, not become part of it, not make news.

Well, in this day and age, reporters making news increses ratings. So, this reporter might just set into motion a chain of events geared toward giving himself a raise. For us, we'll just get some really juicy videos of people in an uproar over religion and sexuality. See, Madonna had it right all those years ago in her "Like a Prayer" video, where images of an African American Jesus were interspersed with her highly sexualy charged performances.

This is America, and when the dust settles over the mosque/gay bar issue, hopefully we'll be stronger for it. If the situation degenerates into violence, death and explosions, well, that would be a shame.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Hallowed Ground?

Stop fetishizing the victims (who are almost always crapped on in the end).

The people who died on 9/11 and the people who helped after the fact are people, plain and simple. They are not martyrs, they are not symbols. They are just people.

Especially those who helped, because politics just craps on them anyway. Like the Native Americans, they're always built up: so spiritual, in touch with nature, the very image of American Bravery and independence, blah, blah, blah.

Talk is cheap.
Myths are grandiose.
And at the end of the day the first responders are dying from respiratory illnesses and the Native Americans who haven't been wiped out are obese, isolated alcoholics.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Sphota]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join