It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gregg Gutfeld Says He Plans to Open Gay Bar Next to Mosque

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is all very childish. And it comes from the media again. Now there's a shock.

NY says, "OK" to this cultural center and the media whips up the hate machine. Then those fall for the Wicked Witch folly..... AGAIN. "I'm going to get you my pretty and your little Imam too." :shk:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by CanadianDream420

You left out

Ram-A-Dan

Not bad! I have another one:

"Been Laid" Den

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DazedDave
Funny...People laugh at the notion that Islam is a generally peaceful religion, yet the only ones being antagonistic here are Christians. But it's ok when we do it.

1. When did Gutfeld become a christian? I've never seen him make that claim...

2. Generally speaking, I've never heard of a christian promoting a gay bar. I don't believe that's quite the case here, either, no matter how hard you try to force this into the christian box...

Not quite sure of the hook you're trying to hang this on to make it a new religious crusade.

3. Just for mothershipzeta: Gays didn't fly planes into the WTC, muslims did. That would be the defining difference here... maybe you didn't get the memo?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
3. Just for mothershipzeta: Gays didn't fly planes into the WTC, muslims did. That would be the defining difference here... maybe you didn't get the memo?

No, 19 extremists that claimed to be Muslims flew the planes. Semantics? Yes but important none the less.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

It's rude, insensitive, and somewhat mean. But funny. And in all actuality, it'd probably do good in lower Manhattan lol.

It is a bit crude to use a gay bar as a weapon lol. I'd love to open a gay bar right next door to the westboro baptist church.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by nenothtu

No, 19 extremists that claimed to be Muslims flew the planes. Semantics? Yes but important none the less.

If that is, you even believe there were 19 extremist on those planes. I happen to follow a theory that there were no 19 men let alone 19 Islamic men.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Yeah right.
This is akin to being stuck in the middle of a gun battle with the Cripts
and the Bloods, and then saying you support drug dealing street gangs!

Something is very wrong with that!

Uh, no not really. What a stretch of an analogy...

It's more like being caught in a gun battle and then turning around and saying you support whatever ethnicity those street gang members were. Because one has about as much to do with the other.

"I was caught in a gun fight between street gangs! I was shot by a black guy, and now I hate ALL black guys!"

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

That's a WHOLE different argument and one we would probably agree on but for the sake of this thread I was going with the official story. Seems like that is what the MSM is basing everything off of.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Indeed, for the sake of the thread: Muslims have the right to build a mosque on private property where ever they want.. just as the big O said. (I have no idea why people are so mad at him for stating as much ... especially supposed Conservatives). Is it perhaps... misguided? Maybe a little insensitive since the vast majority of the country is under the impression 19 Muslims took down the towers? Yes. But still, the Government has no right to say anything on the matter. And once it's built, no one will be any the wiser that it's even there!

But then again, it's also the right of the other fella to build a gay bar next door.

I think Conservatives need to pick and choose their battles a wee bit more carefully.. the hypocrisy is astounding.. to believe in the Constitution then get mad when the President supports it (for once) and practice such outright intolerance.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

MOD NOTE:

We've had enough jokes and puns in this thread, many of which are downright offensive. That stops now. This is a Breaking Alternative News thread surrounding an issue in the news, NOT open mic night at Rascal's Comedy Club.

Any further attempts to derail the thread with punchlines and insults will result in warnings being issued.

Thanks,
burdman30ott6
Forum Moderator

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What the country doesn't need is for the Mosque to be built, then later vandalized by an anti-Islam group. I mean that would be playing right into that domestic terror bill that we don't want to be signed.
Perhaps the gay bar would act as a buffer (seriously no-pun intended) zone. Confuse vandals/hate groups with too many targets?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
LOL sick but I love it.

reply to post by 12voltz

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

Actually, I am a New Yorker, thank you. Born and raised there. So that argument doesn't hold water. I also knew people who, through no fault of their own lost their lives that day.

While I am glad your husband made it out alive, perhaps you would feel differently if he hadn't. Seriously. Ask yourself that honestly.

In regards to "your" places of worship and "your" gay bars, whatever you want to do is fine. But the Gorilla in the room that no one wants to talk about is the simple fact that building a mosque that close to the worst act of terrorism in our country's history - by extremist muslims - is as offensive as building a shrine to Nazis within a mile of the concentration camps, or a Japanese Shrine in Pearl Harbor. It's just insensitive, and my guess is many others feel similar.

Simply stated, all politics aside, why don't they just move it farther away? It's because it's not about freedoms... it's about forcing people to be afraid of being so politically correct that our common sense - and honor - is negated, in fear of being branded as racist or insensitive.

Answer this. Are you OK building a Synagogue or Christian Church within Mecca's Square? Why or why not?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I love how people keep saying it is a provocation to build the bar there. Hello? Anyone home? What do you think the Mosque is? The only thing Islam will bring America is conflict in it's vain attempt make us submit to the will of their god Allah. Whoever that is, it's not my god.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I simply cannot understand why such a topic has gained so much momentum, is it because its Muslim orientated and right next to a location that has obvious grey areas in respect to who initiated it. Or is it because its much easier to blast Muslims when its related to a sensitive topic.

Although i do wonder why no-one has posted anything about the whore house right across from the Vatican, is it because it has not been made public....oh wait..yes..it hasn't been drummed into the cerebral cortex and has not been approved as psy ops issue.

People , use your brain , don't abuse. it.

Humans are so predictable...it makes our job far less complicated...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by tristar]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The bottom line of all this is that the particular Imam or whatever he's called is using the freedoms we have in the United States to be intentionally provocative. I have spent a lot of time in the Middle East, I'm not talking about war here. Generally men who are raised in a Middle Eastern culture tend to be more sensitive to insults. That is just based on my experience. Of course we have our sensitivities also. But generally speaking, building a Mosque at that location is absolutely provocative in nature. This is going to illicit a massive response from a wide variety of people. Americans are beginning to see how their freedom is being used against them, this is a two way street as this Imam and his followers are about to learn. I would expect this location to become a flash point for some pretty crazy acts of insult. I don't think Islam is prepared for this game in United States. It's not going to work the way it has in the UK.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
I simply cannot understand why such a topic has gained so much momentum, is it because its Muslim orientated and right next to a location that has obvious grey areas in respect to who initiated it. Or is it because its much easier to blast Muslims when its related to a sensitive topic.

Although i do wonder why no-one has posted anything about the whore house right across from the Vatican, is it because it has not been made public....oh wait..yes..it hasn't been drummed into the cerebral cortex and has not been approved as psy ops issue.

People , use your brain , don't abuse. it.

Humans are so predictable...it makes our job far less complicated...

[edit on 16-8-2010 by tristar]

I'm not trying to insult you or anything so I'll spell it out. Last time I checked....The Vatican is not waging a war against the infidels...Sure it did in the past...That is not what is happening now.. The Muslim religion is stuck at around 700 A.D. Why, because they have been catapulted into the modern age by wealth. No time to change, now they are trying to change us violently.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Last time i herd it was barney frank was under investigation for allowing an underage prostitution ring from his home. How easily you forget.

Also your still stuck in dem repub game. Lindsey Graham is a pretty big flamer as well.

When you get in congress, you pretty much have to be dirty to stick around.
Unless your name is Ron Paul.

Otherwise most of the power players are usually homos. They seem to love that sort of thing. Specially things with children. Its like Hollywood you have to spend a year or two on your knees before you get on your feet.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join