It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs mosque near ground zero

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Seperation of church and state.

His opinion on the matter is really irelivant.

What is relevant however is the voice of the American people. The majority of them do not want the mosque built there.

What if someone buys the property next door and opens up a strip club?

They have that right too as well.

What about a Bar?

Or a Jewish Synagogue?

I bet that would piss them off!

-do you make these entries during commercial break at fox?
here's a news flash- there are millions of muslims in america!
and there are mosques, synagogues,temples,churches packed in nyc..
you know why america was invented?- so we all could have freedom of religion.
(but lately i seek freedom from religion.)
even a hillbilly like me knows that much.
granted i got problems with muslims-
got problems with jews, catholics, christians too.
dont get me started on mormons..
So- the lot where larry silverstien used to own the twin towers
is hallowed ground? the towers he insured for a butt load of cash
before letting marvin bush take over security -closing down portions of the building?
the hallowed ground that had pools of molten structural steel in the bottom that registered on satellite imagery for months and has thermite residue all over it.
all so we could demonize muslims and replace the commie threat with a new bogeyman. and proceed to take their oil. do i hear an amen?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
Oh shut it just shut it. "freedom of religion" "freedom of religion" "freedom of religion" They are not saying they don't want a mosque built.

Just not on GZ thats all they are saying.

Oh really?

American Family Association: All Mosques Construction Must Stop

One extremist group hating on another. How ironic.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wow, I see the bigots and racists in this thread are still going strong.

1) The mosque's location ISN'T ON GROUND ZERO!!! It's a few blocks away!

2) I know you don't believe me, but not all Muslims are terrorist.

3) There's no way Sharia law would ever supersede U.S. law...so to the people saying "Sharia's coming": YOU ARE IDIOT FEAR MONGERS!! Sharia law in the U.S., and you really believe there's a politician who could push for that? Are you crazy? Can I get whatever you're smoking?

4) Just because you're saying "the race card doesn't work", doesn't mean you're not racist. If a murderer says he didn't do it, but facts prove he did, well...he's still a murderer. The same goes for racists and bigots. Deal with it!

5) About the funding, WHO CARES as long as it's not funded by terrorists? The same goes for EVERY OTHER BUILDING!! The fact that you want to know who funds this one, but don't really care about who's funding the building that's actually on ground zero, clearly shows that you're nothing but a racist and bigot.

To those saying I can't use the "race card", read POINT 4!

Some of the answers here are at the same level as what Hitler would have said, just against Muslims and not against Jews. Why is it that I think 50% of this thread looks like this with an average IQ of 15?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
ok, nice!

you manage to include the race card, bigotry, idiots, sub-normal iq's(which is just wrong) and insulting the us populace in general.

couple others too.

why can't people see the other side? after all this, they will still shove freedom of religion down our throat?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

It's evident that you've been watching way too much of Glenn Beck. No one is shoving anything down anyone's throat. That's FEAR that you're choking on.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
sorry but no.

if my opposition to this effects 1+billion people, whom half don't have a tv or a clue as to what is going on 5 miles away from their house,

or might be too bizzy killing non muslims in darfur to watch glen or fox or have anderson or amanpour imbeded and woooing. jeeze!

i won't step down to no one.

give up the location. it's the right thing to do.

think about the other billions.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
ok, nice!

you manage to include the race card, bigotry, idiots, sub-normal iq's(which is just wrong) and insulting the us populace in general.

couple others too.

why can't people see the other side? after all this, they will still shove freedom of religion down our throat?

You can't "shove freedom down someone's throat"

Look, it's very simple really:

1) You say the U.S. is based on freedom and liberties...as has been claimed since it was founded.

2) You are against liberties and freedom of expression (and that includes religion) and therefore don't subscribe to U.S. base ideals.

Twist it as you like, by prohibiting that mosque from being built, you are essentially giving up one of the core values of the U.S. and trade it against a trait you pretend to hate...dictatorship and taking people's liberties/freedom away.

I'm using the race/idiot card mostly because there's no better words to describe people who base their fears on illogical things, bigotry, and racism. You call a murderer a murder too, right? A liar's a liar...and guess what, a racist is a racist

I mean, the basis of your complaint is that the mosque is being built on ground zero...but guess what, it's not even on ground zero, it's a few blocks away!! So the whole basis of your fear and anger is misguided...I call that stupid, not sure how else I'd call it, especially after multiple people have already pointed that out, but the fear mongers just ignore it

[edit on 15-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
you did have a point or 2, i don't care, blew right through it.

i am no bigot and i know the 13f'n story mosque is not at GZ.

i am pushing for them to do this elsewhere.

that's what 60% of americans want.

add up all the frickin polls and average.

just what we all need, something that is legal but really not liked.

i bet you are a great neighbor.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by dreamwalker74

I simply seek vengeance for those who took mine. and will NEVER, EVER FORGET.

And thus why you will always and forever be filled with hate.

Can you claim that you are better than those that have wronged you with an attitude of vengeance?

Can you claim that you are better than those that have wronged you with an attitude of hatred against women, as you have exemplified in this thread? Disgusting talk of sex about another man's wife, then proclaiming that very man hates his own Muslim wife.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

No disrespect intended here, but now many times are you going to mention this?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

What's the problem if it's not on ground zero? There's dozens of other mosques in NYC too spread out over the tiny area of Manhattan. Do they have to leave too?

The fact is, by being against this mosque, you are destroying some of America's core values: Freedom & Liberty

You say you aren't a bigot and racist, so tell me then, what exactly bothers you about average Muslims praying at a mosque? It can't be the fact that it's at ground zero, because clearly it isn't. And it isn't the only mosque in NYC either anyway. I'm curious, what bothers you so much?

As for your "polls", you can't claim anything since no official vote has been cast, and depending on where you get your poll results from, the result is different and/or biased depending on how the question was asked.

FOX continues to call it "the mosque on GZ" when we all know it's not on GZ...so of course all the right wing rednecks will go wild over it. Cool way to manipulate the fearful and bigot sheep imo

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

yes muslims have a right to build it.

but they should take the high road and decline.

Why should they? Why should you not take the high road and get over it?

more points if they move it on down the road. ya think?!

Again I will ask how far.
Again no one will really answer.
Again ~Lucidity will list the protests ALL OVER THE COUNTRY (you know, the ones Mishiga apparently cannot see.) pointing out that nowhere in NY is far enough down the road.
Around it goes.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

No disrespect intended here, but now many times are you going to mention this?

Oh I'm sorry everyone else is repeating themselves, why do I stand out?

Until the point is addressed and the poster discontinues his hypocrisy of calling out others on supposed hatred when he/she themselves display disgusting hatred.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
It is not legal under American law, but it is condoned under Sharia.

Yes, I know. That is why I am not worried about it.

And this is bigger than just American law Vs. American law. To muslims, islam is the law.

This is getting old.

Why do my Muslim friends not try to kill me?

And a mosque is much more than just a place to worship.

Christian Churches are more than just houses of worship. One near me has an awesome coffee shop. Catholic churches are more than just houses of worship. Want to join me for bingo night? They are all corporations and some even run sex slave trades. Look it up. But hey, those are ok right? Rebuild St. Nicholas first! Yup, this one is gonna also a community center. It is lots of things.

And I'd show you some interesting intel reports on why this particular location is dangerous, but I fear they would be lost on you.

Ah the old "I would show you what I know but I wont, just wanted to mention I know stuff but not stuff you will see so you are ignorant for not knowing it and stupid for rejecting it before it is even offered" trick. Missed it by that much.

You want to use our Constitution to protect their rights to build.

Crazy idea, ain't it?

Yet they do not accept our laws,

Who does not? Who in connection with this mosque has been convicted of a crime in the US?

as evidenced by the fact that neither you nor whatukno could give me their equivalent Bill of Rights.

Gosh, did not even see you ask for it. Not sure their religion would have one though. Mine does not. Does yours?

Word was that they want to open their new mosque on Sept. 11, 201x. True? If so, very insensitive.

No, not true. You are good at getting upset over things you are not even sure are true. That cannot be good for your health.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

got any proof of that cameltoe?

Fix your "quote" tags and your attitude and let's see.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Well, in case you haven't noticed, that poster seems to be ignoring you, and in fact may even have left the thread. Just saying. But carry on.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
First time you asked me this question, so easy with the conniption fit. You're gonna pop a vein in your forehead.

Yes because when you see caps that means I am banging on my keyboard, closed fists, screaming at my screen in a rage so violent the neighbors called the police. Or I reached over and tapped the caps lock key so that maybe my words would get read this time. So sorry if I never asked you but since I have asked that question no less than 10 times, I guess I forgot who I did ask and who I did not but I assumed you might have noticed one of those 10 times had you been following the discussion. I guess it is just you and me here? Such intimacy and emotion in these threads. Feels fun at first. Then it turns funny.

As to why your muslim buds don't try to kill you as an infidel, I don't know. And you don't know that they haven't, only to have their plan foiled at the last moment.

LOL. I am sure that is it. Whenever we gather for a big get together - they are big on parties - I am always keeping everyone in the room at gunpoint the whole time so that must be it.

Is that really the best answer you have?

Try again but be serious. If All Muslims want Sharia Law, then why do none of the Muslim friends I have ever make an attempt on my life during any of the times they willing bring their families within my presence to laugh and hang out?

But, if you give me their names and numbers, I'll ask them, OK?

Sure. You seem like a pretty easy going, fair minded guy. I will U2U you all these Muslims contact info in a minute. Hold your breath and count backwards from 20.

But I really doubt if true muslims view a satanist as a true friend...

Based on what? I am basing this on actual real life experience. What are you basing your doubt on? Fear? How does it feel to live being so afraid of so much you do not know all the time?

You really have to get out more. To deny the problems the UK has had with muslims is to have one's head buried in the sand.

I never said that the UK did not have any issues. That is not even close to what I said. I pointed out that I as an American do not need to ask a Brit what is going on in America.

Yeah. He told me to watch out for satanists.

That is because most cats are too. Everyone knows dogs are Mormons and hate black people.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

hey dude, lol. it's all jousting. but i like calling you cameltoe.

lucidity i will get to later. nothing pisses off an egomaniac like ignore.

yo! supp homie! we go split some waves at the moska crib?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What happened to "This is America and if you do not like it, leave?"

Freedom of religion is America, not bigotry, fear, or hatred. Or is that what you would prefer? Any other freedoms we should do away with in order to protect our American way of life?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So the POTUS supports and defends the U.S. Constitution?

Congratulations Mr. President for doing your job!

Haters gonna hate, regardless.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join