It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open message to you all "Since when did this website become.....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Thats a lie.

But thanks for your comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thats a lie.

Now, that's a lie!

I expect nothing else from you.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Well I disagree entirely. It is the manner in which the boat is rocked is the issue. I got a three day warning as I did not read the fine print and persisted in caling a certain idot a troll. When I received my U2U from the mod. I apologised and flew straight.

Ultimately if you cannot uphold the rules despite warnings then leaving is the only option.

I like ATS there are idiots here but alsoi some nice people with interesting ideas.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I would really love it if good members here started making great contributions to this site. I want to go to a thread where it's not a hate fest simmering with prejudices about a group of peoples.

I would love to go to a thread that isn't about how a member wants to start a violent revolution and kill as many Americans as possible.

I would love to go to a thread that isn't how our government should rip up this Amendment and replace it with some bull crap Amendment they made up.

I would love to go to a thread that isn't just base hatred for our government with zero real credible reason why.

I would love to go to a thread that isn't just a copy past of the declaration of independence, and some stupid call to arms.

I would love to go to a thread that isn't some rehashing of already debunked birther nonsense.

I would love that, and I would welcome that.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Whatukno.....

Hey.....keep ya chin up mate!

There really is some good material being posted on here.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

line crossed. maybe off topic.

but, this is my opinion.

sides don't need to be drawn on this issue, and maybe it is best to continue that conversation via u2u or some other avenue, other than this thread.

that is my 2 cents.

has anyone ever recieved applause for a post that later got edited out and a warning issued for the same post?

after 5 years on ATS, i think the level of moderation is what we pay for, if not better.

one secret to life is:

you are currently living your autobiography. who all is writing it for you?

Nefor,
like the quote from ... i guess ghandi is credited for it... be the change you want to see...

sorta the reasoning behing my current avatar "mini" background image &:
"Who is your ATS?"

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Wukky - its simple - go do it

By the looks of this thread, you'll get an awful lot of support for a well thought out post

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I responded to a line made by a mod in this thread, so if it's off topic it's the mod's fault.

2nd line.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

God has spoken...

What a rant that was OZ.And should be removed for being off topic..
Maybe try debating instead of just attacking the poster, isn't that what you said?
Try practicing your own advice...

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
Actually the biggest problem I see nowadays is that every time someone has a theory that is just a little out of the box it gets shot down and ridiculed immediately, often by the same people.

It's like things can only be discussed if there is 100% proof, and people are made to feel like idiots for even thinking of the "weird" theory.

This is very true, Ideas are very much irritating to some, I don't understand why because this is the whole ethos of the place or what it should be.

this site is about Mystery, conspiracy, the alternative news, alternative reality, speculation, investigation, lifting the Vail, looking for answer and creating new questions in a hope to discover any of truth's Protective Layers.

I wish more members encouraged originality.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

I expect nothing else from you.

Its obvious, from your responses here, that you think you know something, and are disgruntled with the site, or me in some way.

If thats the case - and you aren't just here with the intent on spreading baseless hearsay and lies, then please feel free to lodge a complaint with Spinger or SkepticOverlord via the complain/suggestion button that you will find on the left hand of your member account settings screen, and explain to them what the problem you percieve to have is, and I'm sure that they will investigate it.

If you aren't prepared to do that, then I await your apology for your baseless accusation, and I'm sure the people reading this thread will look forward to seeing it too.

And please, spare us the "it would do me no good because...." - if you don't have the power of your own convictions on this, then it proves you are lying.

Balls in your court. I have nothing to hide.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

Agreed, way too many posts are just copy/paste with little original thought..

as someone else pointed out, mainly rehashed news from other sites.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That is an very plausible explanation with all of the circumstances that you stated.
I like your posts!

I have just joined ATS and saw the ramped disregard for others opinions immediately, pick, pick ,pick on the other guy.

I sent a u2u to Papa Mod about it. I see there are (threads explaining) severe penalties and a real effort to ban after a probation period is broken for these hateful people. Unfortunately I had to join ATS at what seems to be the "height of the haters"

I really don't care who gets banned for what here. I have faith that these haters/disruption makers who leave this evidence all over this place, will be weeded out by Xmas.

I enjoy the site and will be anticipating a lot more civility in the near future.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

God has spoken...

What a rant that was OZ.And should be removed for being off topic..
Maybe try debating instead of just attacking the poster, isn't that what you said?
Try practicing your own advice...

You have made numerou comments directed at me on this thread, a few of which have been of topic and close to baiting (like when you asked about the reason why I hadnt come back to thread a few pages ago). I have the right to defend my stance, and if you dont like my opinion, then thats your issue, not mine

But, Im done with you now, so none of that matters

[edit on 14/8/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Double post

[edit on 14/8/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

lol, sorry I have to laugh at that..

I like ATS but please call a spade a spade..

Who's side will the owners take??

On ATS you can call a current or past President pretty much anything and nothings said, but question a Mod and look out!!

BTW, you tend to call people liars a lot..Is that normal for a Mod??

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Another thread about the deterioration of this site?

Come on guys instead of complaining about take action and make the changes you want to see!

Personally I find this site in comparison to others to be a fantastic source of information, you just have to look for the good bits. I have learned a lot since I've been here, even from threads with very few replies.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Ive had enough of this crap, and I dont understand why when I log into ATS, I should see dozens of threads which include:

Why not ?
Who are you ? And who made you in charge of what content should or should not appear on ATS ?

If you don't like a topic, don't view it. Simple.

100% proof of why god does or doesnt exist (does NOT belong in the conspiracies in religion forum, period)

There is no ''hate'' involved in the premise of that thread.

100% proof that atheists or "insert religious sect" are stupid, wrong, ignorant etc etc

That's rudeness. I fail to see any ''hate'' in someone voicing that opinion, though. Only the poster could tell you whether they went these comments hatefully.

Anything that condones the horrific crimes against humans or animals. For example, people believing Hitler was a saint, or claiming that animals have no rights and/or feel pain

Right. Where do we draw the line ?

No pro-death penalty posts ? No pro-abortion posts ? Many people regard those as ''horrific crimes against humans''.

No posts about eating meat ? No posts about medical discoveries that involved horrific treatment of animals ?

You appear to be wanting to moderate the content of this board along the lines of your own personal beliefs and views.

People post what they want, and as long as they stay within the T & Cs, then what can possibly be the problem ?

So some people have been praising Hitler and claiming animals feel no pain. So what ?
They are voicing their opinions, and the rest of ATS no doubt form their own opinions on the poster who makes these claims.

Anything that claims that one sex is superior to the opposite one

There is nothing hateful about either of those two theories.

Anything that claims homsexuals are evil, abnormal humans or any other homophobic or religious based homophobic comment

I agree, saying that someone's ''evil'' sounds hateful, but you can't stop someone from saying something's abnormal, as every one of us is an ''abnormal human'', in one way or the other.

If people don't like homosexuality, then they should be allowed to express their views without fear of moderation.
The same way that a homosexual should be allowed to express their dislike of heterosexuals, if they so wish.

Also, you've just rather contradicted your whole thread by objecting to someone having ''religious based'' views on a topic, while previously lamenting the fact that some religions are a target for this supposed ''hate''.
You can't have it both ways.

Any complete trash talking about muslims....especially when most of us know absolutely nothing about them

I've seen many posts insulting equally Christians, atheists, and probably many other beliefs.
Once again, though, people should be allowed to express what they want, provided it's within the T & Cs; if it's not, it'll get moderated.

Any thread that claims one country is better than another for whatever reason

That's just silly. The UK is a better place to live than Sierra Leone because we have far better infrastructure and services.

Any thread that claims caucasians are more advanced than other races, and afro-american people are sub human, or any other racial remark against them. And that goes both ways

Saying that one race is more advanced than another is not hateful.
If you've got something to back it up, than why shouldn't people post it ?

Saying a race is ''sub-human'' is not very nice, and I'm pretty sure that those sort of posts would or should get moderated.

Any thread that attacks communism, or any other political sect, which again most of you either use disinfo from unreliable, or propoganda websites or even blogs

There is no ''hate'' involved in attacking a political ideology.
You need to toughen up if you think that debating political issues should not be permitted,, because they invariably lead to angry words being exchanged.

Anything that attacks Israel and the Jews, where some comments have been down right ridiculous and disrespecftul

What's wrong with attacking Israel ?
Why on earth should it be any different to people attacking the USA, UK, Australia etc. ?

Anyone thats not a medical proffesional that pushes people to not take their medication, especially when it could cause harm. (Opinion is fine but dont try and force someone of them)

I agree 100% with you on this one.
That is extremely irresponsible, and can have very serious real-world repercussions.

Free speech fine....but using it to spread hate...is not

How do you know that there is ''hate'' behind their comments ?
You have no idea whether there's real hate behind these comments, or whether it's anger, frustration or even a joke. Or even an old-fashioned troll.

We want the board of ATS to be filled with interesting, mainly conspiracy related topics, no matter how silly, or far out they are, wether we agree or not with the OP!

It's up to the site owners and administrators to decide what they do and don't want on ATS.
Just because you object to something, doesn't mean that the rest of us on ATS will.

Don't forget everybody. There are Ignore and Alert buttons if you are unhappy about something or someone on ATS.

Of course, you could alternatively just start a self-indulgent, whinging rant instead...

link   

Actually I made numerous comments about questioning the thread which you didnt respond too, but whatever, I can live with that..

link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
BTW, you tend to call people liars a lot..Is that normal for a Mod??

Moderators have been removed before.

And - to answer your question - when someone is lying, I call them a liar.

I'd say that was pretty normal for most people, wouldn't you?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join