It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open message to you all "Since when did this website become.....

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by predisposed
to be honest i dont respect anything you say wetherman. ur denial of chemtrails is enough to show that you have either no intelligence, are in denial or have ulterior motives.

Don't even bother insulting someones intelligence when you type like 16 year old twit on Facebook.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I just wanted my two cents in here. I also have seen the replies turn into a very sharp tongued, verbal sparring match way to often as of late. I agree that there may be some disinfo agents (whether they know it, or not), but I think it's more of a social disconnection. People feel way too comfortable being "anonymous" on the interweb, and are able to rationalize being a ludicrous poop to others as a means to satisfy their self-fulfilling need to be as such. As this website continues to evolve, and the users come and go, those of us who are in it for the long haul have to perservere...and we will continue to debate, and enlighten with our constructive, thoughtful words. Love, peace, and...HOLY #, IT'S NIBIRU!!!!!!!! Made you look

Tolan

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oz, for this post I can give you only one star and a flag.

I've only been on ATS four years and I too, have watched it slip downhill.

I'm also tired of people bashing homosexuals, people that are not religious and or believe a certain way, condoning animal abuse or making light of it and shutting down the people coming forth with their alien/UFO experiences.

Just four years ago there were a lot more intelligent posts.

Are we being dumbed down by our water supply and chemtrails? Sure seems like it.

Maybe TPTB are really feeling threatened by too many of the sleeping beauties being woken up and they have sent their mind controlled troops to descend upon ATS.

Yes, yes, I know I sound crazy but it's a thought.

If someone is threatening your power base your first line of defense is to discredit, ridicule and trivialize your enemy and that seems to be what is happening on ATS.

We are never going to figure our way out of the box if people don’t feel safe enough to come forth with their experiences and insights.

And no matter how crazy someone may sound with their wacked out theories, just remember folks - just a few hundred years ago the majority of humanity actually thought the idea of flying was impossible and Galileo died under house arrest in 1632 for daring to state that the Earth was not the center of the universe.

We are now at the verge of either leaping forward or back tracking - the choice is up to each and every reader.

What new discoveries will the next one hundred years bring?

Are you all aware that even mainstream scientists now are admitting that there are multiple dimensions, parallel worlds and the universe is probably teeming with life? What are they not admitting in order to keep their funding by TPTB????

I am also irked by “The Conspiracy Chicks” (I think their silly) it’s almost like ATS is trying to go Hollywood and have sold out to sensationalism.

Maybe I am just growing old and what use to seem like stimulating conversation has grown juvenile and nonsensical.

I am hungry for new ideas, new insights, brainfood.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't see alot of quality going down, but some of my favorite subjects have gone quite. I know some people have left because they were pissed at other members, mods, admin, or owners. I still wander how many people have left because of that. oh well, people's reasoning for not posting are as varied as a rainbow.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I have to admit, that I have never been so surprised, baffled and at the same time disgusted by some of the messages that have been conveyed in many of the threads on the boards recently. When I first came to this website, three years ago, I was simply blown away by the in depth discussion, high quality of threads posted, and the heated yet, challenging debates of various view points on a great range of topics.

I myself have been here for year last may already Oz I agree with you bigtime. As even in that time the people filled with hate have invaded.
A fantastic post you have made against this and I'm pretty sure it's up to us members to deal with it.

Great post partner

I think my idea about a" Council of Elders" might do well against this encursion.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Is it me, or you too, that notices that the hatred on this site comes from the political Right? I am not ashamed to tell the whole world that I had put my vote in for my President Obama, and I will do so again. DESPITE all the crazy negative propaganda. Ya know what? I don't care if you think he is an illegal alien, a CIA asset, or a Muslim. He seems to CARE about humans, NOT HATE them, and is trying as hard as he can to do good, through the constant obstruction.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It's true, people seem to just come here to spew out nonsense that isn't based on anything; they will argue with against FACTS and say that it is their OPINION. Posters really need to start using their brains if they want to get any respect here, this is supposed to be a mature outlet to discuss provocative issues, but many of them are clearly too immature to understand that. I just joined this site YESTERDAY, and the first thread I saw was this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You will notice that the original post is completely innocent, just asking a question, and immediately these uneducated people begin lashing out and making ridiculous accusations against gay people for no reason, some claiming that the attacks on America began because Muslims hate gay people! I am not from the United States and I can honestly say I know for a FACT (you know... that word that members of ATS seem to know so little about) that the reason people don't like Americans is not because of the gay population, but the typical outward personality that many Americans express: arrogant, stubborn, and completely ignorant and uneducated. That is why other countries do not like Americans, it is YOUR FAULT, not GAY PEOPLE. FACT. Next time you fabricate a scapegoat, base it on something that can hold some value for more than 12 seconds of analysis. I feel very bad for the more intelligent majority of the country that doesn't agree with these people, because the idiots in your country are representative of 90% of the negative opinions that other countries form about you. Oh, and for the record, if you're all so concerned about "breaking apart the American family", maybe you should stop destroying them with things like prep 8.

I could not be more embarassed to be a human being, as it means I share something in common with these neanderthals who are so quick to judge things that they understand nothing about. However, once I posted the reality of the situation, everyone promptly stopped posting, which, hopefully, is because they learned something, but I am not making any assumptions as they are very... simple... people.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
Is it me, or you too, that notices that the hatred on this site comes from the political Right? I am not ashamed to tell the whole world that I had put my vote in for my President Obama, and I will do so again. DESPITE all the crazy negative propaganda. Ya know what? I don't care if you think he is an illegal alien, a CIA asset, or a Muslim. He seems to CARE about humans, NOT HATE them, and is trying as hard as he can to do good, through the constant obstruction.

Sadly it's true, Obama's grand total of doing pretty much nothing throughout his presidency is the best thing a president has done for your country in the past two decades. At least he is rational and accepting.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Well, i will dogpile on this thread.

I think it is related to not only the students who were out for summer break, but The People in general who are fed up with what the world has to offer, especially politically.

One thing I have noticed is that the "hard core" researchers on ATS have either died off, or left altogether. What is left in its wake is a bunch of pedantic trolls, some people who are interested in some decent "tin" reading, and a bunch of skeptics who are very good at debunking all the same old stories that are regurgitated every 6-9 months on ATS.

It has been a LOOOONG time since I came across some new content. With Zorgon's return, there is a small taste of what ATS was, along with a grim reminder of what it has become.

I don't blame the ownership for this, so i hope they are not taking it that way. This is a user generated issue. ATS has become a political site.

On a slightly different note....why are we seeing less of the "tin" topics? Is it because of user desire in a user generated website? Or is it that we found enough "hidden in plain site" secrets that TPTB have made some changes?

I am nowhere near as good as digging out new info as someone like Zorgon, or Skyfloating (or any other number of current/former members). But it seems as though the noose may have been tightened a little?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

to be honest i dont respect anything you say wetherman. ur denial of chemtrails is enough to show that you have either no intelligence, are in denial or have ulterior motives.

Aren't you just helping to make the OP's case for him?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
IMHO hotbakedtater said it best! And just his/her post should be stick'ied to the top of EVERY forum on the internet!

My Newb oath:

I promise u won't catch me trollin, and if I slip and drop a nugget of troll food (It happens to the best of em from time to time) it won't take me long to figure out what pocket had the hole in it and stitch it up XD. Furthermore, I am in good habbit of reporting people who make personal attacks on posters as opposed to attacking the actual topic as it is in no way pro-active and only clutters up already LOOOOONG threads.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
this website has become right wing conspiracy nuts wet dream. ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
There is a unique tool being used that can influence human behaviour towards baseic insticts, slowly a portion of humans will lose thier ablitiy to think for themsevles, so thier behaviour will almost seem backwards, as they turn against thier fellow man due to skin color and even the oppisite sex because thier inferiour minds think they are better.

The media is part of the equation, but the biggest part is in the food, water, and corn syrup drinks.

Over half the corn syrup has mercury in it, mainstream news covered that.

Most city water is fluoridated, and the results of that were discovered after WW2 and
why it is banned in Europe.

www.fluoridealert.org...

Fluorides have been used to modify behavior and mood of human beings. It is a little known fact that fluoride compounds were added to the drinking water of prisoners to keep them docile and inhibit questioning of authority, both in Nazi prison camps in World War II and in the Soviet gulags in Siberia. Fluorides are medically categorized as protoplasmic poisons, which is why they are used to kill rodents. "Fluoridation is the greatest case of scientific fraud of this century" Robert Carlton, Ph. D., former U. S. EPA scientist on "Marketplace" Canadian Broadcast Company, Nov. 24, 1992. "Regarding fluoridation, the EPA should act immediately to protect the public, not just on the cancer data, but on the evidence of bone fractures, arthritis, mutagenicity and other effects" William Marcus, Ph. D., senior EPA toxicologist, Covert Action, Fall 1992, p. 66

GMO foods have been shown to cause organ damage and sterility in rats.

MSG has been linked to diabetes so instead of removing from the food they
give it about 30 other names and keep pumping it in there.

I am sure some of these things do other things when combined.

Just eating raw organic food it has been shown you can reverse diabetes in 30 days
in most cases.

They even made a film about it.

www.56.com...

I think everyone should watch that and "Food Inc" and "The World according to Monsanto"
and realize chemical warfare is going on right now.

edit on 10-9-2010 by Ex_MislTech because: missing weblink

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Wow! You've been coming here for a few years and now wish to tell the whole community how to behave. GFY a million times over...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I really don't care what people type, as long as they honestly feel that way.
If I honestly feel they are wrong, I'm not biting my tongue, and some (wussies) may consider that hate.
This is a PUBLIC forum, and is driven by honesty. People are pretty stupid, and this board is as fine a place to track the stupidity level as you could find.

I'm pretty much with Oz W M's OP on this, but at the bottom of the list was police officers.
I know there are some better than others, but knowing your brother officers are breaking the law all the time and not reporting it, makes one question all of em. I'm going to have to lift my leg on this one. These boys need to lead by example, and really shine above the rest of us humans if they are going to push the law at us. Truth is, they are dirty.... all of em keeping little secrets. You know it, I know it, but they don't like to admit it.

I pay for the police presence with my taxes, just like I pay for the city worker sitting on his booty while he could be chucking some asphalt in a pothole.
Now listen up OZ...This stuff bad cops do must be brought to the surface, so the grandmas and old mothers without net access, can start to see how bad our system is failing. I would also like to see them doing more good deeds, and getting the same publicity. I paid for good guys to uphold the law, not the crooks I see with badges.

Sorry if I get anyones panties in an uproar, but I hate lazy, dirty crooks. I don't mean to ruin your day cause these things anger me. I will not sugar coat my feelings. I will leave it to the mods to decide how free the speech is.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, it's simple....

thank this douchebag.

I know there are many fans of his on this web site and they preach what they hear from the propaganda machine.

edit on 10-9-2010 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Mine isn't popular and I wont get many stars, but maybe cause hate sells??

Just food for thought.

edit on 11-9-2010 by dragnet53 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2010 by dragnet53 because: grammar!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Wow, I missed this post, completely off topic as well

When you decide to attack my intelligence, dont you think it would be beneficial to use spell check before you post? You spelt 2 words wrong, and your grammar is poor

As for being on topic, thanks for all the replies from both sides, and to the mod that told me stop writing threads like this on ATS live, you completely missed the point

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Thanks for addressing the issue that is no doubt on many elevated minds here.

There has been a Severe Infiltration of "Divide and Rabble Rouse" Topics as of late.

Particularly focused on Religion, Politics(left right paradigm), and Immigration.

I'm a science interested kind of person, and that curiosity is what led me here in the first place.

An increasing percentage of posts are not of the topic of science, pseudoscience, mad hatter, or

even conspiracy . But rather are directly focused on creating division,anger, and negative emotional response.

Is this the mindset of the general public and the acceptable flak of the evolutionary ATS Website growth?

Look at mainstream news websites and the responses, and you will see that expansion, though generally

profitable, is not always intelligent. But that is business. Looking deeper however, it is quite obvious that

this site has been infiltrated by those with a mission. By those with an agenda which is counter productive

to the whole original concept of this site. I will be the first to admit that I have fallen victim to not only this,

but to my own opinions while participating here.

Honesty is the most difficult exposure and the only gain worth the risk.

S&F Carry On

edit on 1-10-2010 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
i beleive it is possible that disinformation agents are here, i beleive when a topic is too accurate they infiltrate the thread and begin causing as many arguments about as many little details, off topic or on topic it doesn't matter, in an effort to derail the conversation as much as possible

Absolutely agree.

No question in my mind. And I don't believe it's always the "usual suspects" either. For example, Phage. Everyone says he is a shill, a disinfo agent, etc. Well all I have to say about that is, he's extremely bright and although he can be very abrasive and even difficult, he posts with a passion few others have, and a determination as well. I believe he is a real human being like the rest of us, with a large intellect and a different viewpoint than many. I certainly don't believe he is a disinformation agent.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join