It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open message to you all "Since when did this website become.....

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Deuteronomy 23:13

Is that why your always reading my posts then

i knew there had to be a reason....please if you hate me just get it over with as i will not be hurt...

just kidding but well said...i think i will give you a star out of pure hatred.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this up Ozzie.

I've been a member here for a little over four years and it was not like this when I joined. We didn't have to deal with topics like that on a daily basis. Now, it is something that we see here on an every hour and every day basis. I mean it is almost constant that we see an "Islam Is Wrong an Muslims Are Wrong For Practicing It" topic. There are some threads that actually piss me off when I waste my time reading them. For example, "God Doesn't Exist and This Is Why" threads that are not based on any sort of evidence for the discussion. What frustrates me even more about the hate mongering that is going on here is that when you try to have an honest debate with these people. Every single time, they either resort to name calling or just down right ignoring your side of the arguement.

Everybody that loves ATS needs to get behind this so that the hate mongering and the fear spreading comes to a complete and full, dead stop on ATS.

I think this is the #1 reason behind some people leaving ATS all together.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

indigo, those agents have been here since the beginning. havent you read the thread that talks about how the people running ATS are a small circle of masons that edit and remove certain content???

and people wonder why these masons are online at every SECOND of the day.

clearly there is a certain selection of monitoring & modification going on here. every thread that has something to do with freemasonry is trolled upon beyond comprehension.

so yes, there are plenty disinfo agents here.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
We discussed this thread on ATS Live! last night.

You can hear the show on the REWIND! Player here

Cool

Sorry i missed it. Will check it when I get home form work

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
[edit on 15-8-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It's Bush's fault.

If it weren't for him, we'd be tiptoeing through the tulips hand in hand with muslims, homosexuals and lizard aliens.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

No opinion is wrong.

I hope that includes my opinion that your post is an ill-thought-out, self-contradictory waste of time.

[edit on 15/8/10 by Astyanax]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wookiee
It's Bush's fault.

If it weren't for him, we'd be tiptoeing through the tulips hand in hand with muslims, homosexuals and lizard aliens.

What exactly are you blaming Bush for?

Lizard Aliens, lol?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

well unlike some whom might consider that a personal attack....

i accept your opinion....cause it is how you feel.

but some people do agree with what i said as i am sure many don't.

but i still have the view that the OP is whinging about the good ole days.

but what is going on is an example of what is going on in the world...and you can choose to moan about it...or you can live in it and try to bring about change by participating.

by possibly directing conversation on a more humane level and queery why some people are feeling the way they do...and i am sure some people have valid reasons.

I think that yourself is a good place to start....because you didn't like what i had put because it may have differed from what the OP stated.

so therefore i should have maybe been a good human....towed the line...and just agreed.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

No, Im not whinging about the good old days, I merely made a comparison between the number of hate threads and comments these days compared to the present. I wouldnt expect you to know because you havent been here for even a few months

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Every showing of Hatred is just another opportunity for us to educate and inform these people.

These are real people, who don't just exist in cyberspace. So while they may be an inconvenience to some here.

I would rather be part of the Solution rather than turning them away or ignoring them all together.

The world can only change one person at a time.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Can someone give an example of this ''hate'' that is supposedly prevalent on ATS ?

The examples in Oz_Weatherman's OP, read more as ''opinions I hate'', rather than any actual hatred.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hate takes many forms, some are more subtle than others. It will always be on forums such as these.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Fair enough oz but someone who has been on here awhile stated that they had brought this very thing up a few years ago...so (making an assumption)does it not also mean it was happening then also.

and i do appoligise whinging might be a bit harsh as you did say that this thread was not meant to be a rant on your part.

See how easy it is to just get along.....

but i do agree with former poster where it is better to be part of the solution by engaging the very people who speak this hatred.

As i said earlier i do think there is an underlaying reason for it.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
i beleive it is possible that disinformation agents are here, i beleive when a topic is too accurate they infiltrate the thread and begin causing as many arguments about as many little details, off topic or on topic it doesn't matter, in an effort to derail the conversation as much as possible

Then how do you explain the threads where the actual topic is as the OP described? I posted quite a few times in a Holocaust denial thread the other day that was FULL of crap like "International Jewry" and posts saying that Jews were Germany's enemy and so forth.

I finally abandoned the thread when one more post would have made my physically ill. I have never had an online discussion completely ruin my day, but I just went into my bedroom when I got home and didn't come out.

And complaints about the worst hateful rants did nothing.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Can someone give an example of this ''hate'' that is supposedly prevalent on ATS ?

The examples in Oz_Weatherman's OP, read more as ''opinions I hate'', rather than any actual hatred.

Read through this thread and tell me there is no hatred present:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

well i dont see a whole lot of hate......read throught the entire thread...i seen some serious topical discussion on a very serious sensitive subject between belivers and deniers on both sides of the fence.

yes it was a high octane topic...and actually i seen some wake up call for the Jewish people themselves.

just like all sects of society under question nowadays about the state of the world.

I am not saying what happened in that thread.. true/false but there is alot of very intelligent discussion if you look past a few posters who took it to a personal level.

now there are many things that are done to people of this great planet of ours...many cultures harmed and many people killed...and if you look at it from my personal view...that is all wrong.

but by actually discussing these things least you can possibly find a solution even though a lot of the past wrong are very unpleasent.

so back to the point of the OP i understand the good ole days as you kindly pointed out to me...but also...i think that the site is evolving from what i have gleamed and so therefore you have a worldly viewpoint taking place...and also the world is in a huge state of flux where people are actually screaming to be heard.

We live in very unsettling times...and we as a human race need to work things out...and not follow our leaders into war for any reason...wether it be for religion,politics,or capital selfish gains.

To do that it will ruffle a great many feathers and it will cause people to fully doubt their personal beliefs.

so i dont look at is as hate i look at it as people venting their anger where ever they feel they safely can.

think of where a few of the people might be sitting when they present on here...we all dont live in countries where it is safe to speak out.

anyways....hopefully through dialogue we can bring the world together even if it does become unpleasent....so much better than shooting each other.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta
Read through this thread and tell me there is no hatred present:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have read that thread on and off, and I have not seen any hatred.

Or more accurately, I have not seen any posts that explicitly and categorically display hate.

We do not possibly know what emotion drives someone to post anything, only the poster themselves know that.

Saying: ''The Holocaust didn't happen, and it was a Jewish conspiracy to gain sympathy for the creation of the state of Israel'' is not an inherently hateful comment.

''White people are superior to every other race'' is not an inherently hateful statement.

''Gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, and homosexuals are abnormal sexual deviants'' is not an inherently hateful statement.

OK, you and I might personally find those comments objectionable, but why should we go down the road of automatically claiming that any view that deviates from the PC mantra must be ''hateful'' ?

I think it's an easy way of ignoring a view that one is uncomfortable with, by dismissively writing it off as ''hate'' to terminate any form of meaningful dialogue on the subject.

We do not know whether someone's opinion is motivated by hate, unless they explicitly inform us of this fact !

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Very well stated

I truley think that sometimes a contentious isssue is being mistaken for hatred.

this is a conspiracy site and those are conspiracy ,political,cultural,religious issues.

now if someone post....I hate you F*&ken (Chistian,Jewish,Muslim,Budhist,Gay,Lesbian,Black.....etc etc etc) Bas£$$DS then that would be hate.

I love you all so dont beat me up for the example....ok

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I have read that thread on and off, and I have not seen any hatred.

Perhaps this is because you share it. Voyez:

Saying: ''The Holocaust didn't happen, and it was a Jewish conspiracy to gain sympathy for the creation of the state of Israel'' is not an inherently hateful comment.

Your parents, wife and children were murdered by a gang of violent thugs. You saw it happen. There were dozens of other witnesses. There is absolutely no question that it was done, or who did it. In fact, the thugs were caught and put in gaol.

Then along I come, and say to you, 'Ya boo sucks, it's all a lie, nobody murdered your family, you're just saying that to gain the world's sympathy and various other advantages.'

Would I do that if I didn't hate you? I might if I was mad, I suppose.

''White people are superior to every other race'' is not an inherently hateful statement.

It is a slight upon every other race, and is therefore inherently hateful. Did you think inter-ethnic relations are some kind of rah-rah football match?

''Gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, and homosexuals are abnormal sexual deviants'' is not an inherently hateful statement.

The first is not; it is an opinion. The second is a lie, everybody knows it is a lie, and therefore repeating it is merely a provocation. Nobody would do it unless they were (1) filled with hatred for homosexuals, (2) mad or (3) really, really stupid and ignorant.

Hatred is often indistinguishable from stupidity and ignorance.

Thanks for helping us prove our point, Sherlock.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join