It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Variability’ % proves God is the SPECIAL CAUSE, skeptics, why are you ignoring?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I should also add "Occam's razor" is not a Law or anything hard set. If you watched the video I posted you would understand when it should and should not be used.

Assumptions are fine in science if they are testable, Every one that you post can and have been tested in some way. Even you OT can learn about this. Put the bible down and check out any modern day biology book.
(I am assuming you don't live in a southern state here, so you should be able to find a modern day biology book. lulz)

(it was a joke ! settle down!)

[edit on 27-8-2010 by nophun]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun

(I am assuming you don't live in a southern state here, so you should be able to find a modern day biology book. lulz)

(it was a joke ! settle down!)

Now that's alright, a lil' levity-thx!

I went to our hilbilly li-berry and found our latest si-ence book, thought I'd send you a pitcher.

assets.cambridge.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Bro,

if you have a slightest feeling that you aren't qualified to present scientific material to support whatever beliefs you might have, you are better off not doing this altogether, because it puts a stain of your cause (and I actually don't wish ill to your cause as I'm partial to Christianity). I think you are well beyond your depth in this and other subjects, so jumping into a debate head first is likely to produce a hard impact. Respectfully yours.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

What?

Which parts?

Enlighten me please...

No stain friend....lived long enough to know what I'm saying....really can't get into specifics.

Why do you feel the need to give me such advice?

Been on here over 5 yrs...got 11,000 replies..people are interested and the discussion is good...you need to understand something very clearly....

OT is planting seeds, which often take decades to come to growth...

Any third party observer notices I am polite, respectful and deal with personal attacks with grace....

Your opinion/perspective is temporal/short-sighted...put a lil' time on it and watch....the record stands!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Bro,

if you have a slightest feeling that you aren't qualified to present scientific material

Bro?

Nice touch

I'm not a scientist, you are a physics prof....

RU trying to one up me?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

You do realize I was being silly in my response to another poster joking about southern states right before your latest post ? "hil-billy li-berry?"

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

"Trying to one up me" = Appeal to authority argument

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I dunno?

Maybe he is tired, seriously?

Smart fella, for sure

You doing good? Up late?

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I work 2nd shift.

And it disgusts me when people try and act all "logical" but resort to fallacies in half their posts. But, I can't say I fault them for resorting to them either.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"God definetly is there!" - appeal to faith

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

And there goes the straw man argument, right on cue.

LOL! Sir, I haven't operate of "faith" in quite some time. I can no more deny Christ than the noonday sun in the sky.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Funny that, i can no more validate Jesus than i can of Shakespeare's Macbeth, i can no more validate Jesus than i can leprochauns or wizards....Afterall, he was a "miracle" maker, he is a supposed wizard in a way.

I can't validate that he suspended the laws of physics that God himself has alledgedly made.

I can't validate he was emaculately conceived, i can't validate he rose from the dead, i can't validate he could turn water into wine, i also can't even validate whether he was the Son of God, as God himself cannot be proven.

There's not a lot i can validate, or you can validate for me with cold hard empirical evidence. Therefore you're beliefs or assertions of truth are an appeal to faith, in what you believe, a belief without evidence.

It is a perfect strawman that sums up what religion is.

Your turn....

Looking forward to some more "LOLs" and "
" in an attempt to make my viewpoints and ideas seem proposterus without rebutting them reasonably.

[edit on 28/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Are we talking about YOU or ME? You started in about MY "faith". Which do you want to discuss? I have no "faith" in Jesus Christ life, works and death, it's FACT to me. I'll say this again in case you missed it the first go round.

"I can no more deny Jesus Christ than I can the noonday sun."

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You can deny the "noonday" sun?

Cool.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Jesus Christ is Lord and savior, you can admit it now to your salvation and His glory, or you can admit it when your knee is bowed on the day of judgment. Either way, you'll admit it to the pleasure of the Father.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I have no "faith" in Jesus Christ life, works and death, it's FACT to me.

That's because no one taught you the definition of "facts" at school. You can call it whatever you want, in the end it's nothing but "blind belief"

Really no difference between you and:

[edit on 28-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

the day i admit that is the day your metaphorical hell will freeze over.

Nice video XYZ, what do you think of Tom Cruise after this video? I felt as if he just raped my mind....He's preaching scientology as if it's the only faith "you're on board, or your not"

I think it's this appeal to exclusivity that separates and divides the people.Religion always claims it's intentions are peace. Peace is uniting, embracing each other, how can we do that when religions refuse to agree on "how to live life"

[edit on 28/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

No matter which church, they're only after one thing: POWER

As for TC, his scientology speech and jumping on Oprah's sofa kinda ruined his movies for me. Just like Mel Gibson's racist rants ruined his movies too.

The main issue I have, is when people claim FAITH as FACT...and then promptly try to influence politics based on that. Beck's "honor" speech is a good example of that. This is VERY dangerous as it's very easy to steer gullible people through their faith...and that's exactly what's happening in the US at the moment. It's scary, and also rally sad.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Completely agree, i'm not so clued up on Beck as i'm based in the UK, but i certainly know his type, its at the very core at what your talking about, people like that.

Again, appreciate your thoughts and comments.

A&A

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Do you two understand American history?

This country was started FOR religious FREEDOM.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join