It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Variability’ % proves God is the SPECIAL CAUSE, skeptics, why are you ignoring?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Your consitution was designed to separate Church from State, because of that - American citizens are free. And yes you have your religious freedom, i never said you didn't.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by NOTurTypical

"God definetly is there!" - appeal to faith

AAA, is that a bad thing?

Why are you so negative friend?

OT

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Are saying God is responsible for fluctuations? That's one garbage pile of an argument.

Yes i am.....

Are you saying FLUCTUATIONS are responsible for fluctuations?

and that process created everything? all the observed complexity? Come on man!

And you think that's a better argument?

[edit on 30-8-2010 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Your Constitution was designed to separate Church from State,

AAA, you should read it...it is NOT in there.....where'd you come up with that? CNN?

In fact...evidence indicates Christian Theism was the national doctrinal religion, see below:

# Emblazoned over the Speaker of the House in the US Capitol are the words "In God We Trust."
# The Supreme Court building built in the 1930's has carvings of Moses and the Ten Commandments.
# God is mentioned in stone all over Washington D.C., on its monuments and buildings.
# As a nation, we have celebrated Christmas to commemorate the Savior's birth for centuries.
# Oaths in courtrooms have invoked God from the beginning.
# The founding fathers often quoted the Bible in their writings.
# Every president that has given an inaugural address has mentioned God in that speech.
# Prayers have been said at the swearing in of each president.
# Each president was sworn in on the Bible, saying the words, "So help me God."
# Our national anthem mentions God.
# The liberty bell has a Bible verse engraved on it.
# The original constitution of all 50 states mentions God.
# Chaplains have been in the public payroll from the very beginning.
# Our nations birth certificate, the Declaration of Independence, mentions God four times.
# The Bible was used as a textbook in the schools.

A history lesson here: www.allabouthistory.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

If they didn't want it separated...they would have created a THEOCRACY and not a DEMOCRACY! Given that democracy is stressed all over the place in the document, we can conclude that a theocracy (which is a mix of church/state) isn't what they had in mind.

Sadly, according to some of those zombie evangelists, it should be a theocracy...luckily they're not in charge

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
ooops

[edit on 30-8-2010 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Appeal to faith is a bad thing, it's false, especially something as obvious and man-made as religion. Just because something feels right, doesn't make it true.

Religion gives you prejiduce, especially in light of scientific evidence, it could cause someone to deny evidence and data just because of a false belief, a belief in a supernatural cosmological entity that has the ability to judge and watch every living thing in the universe, and make an objective verdict from it. You're welcome to believe in that if you wish, just don't teach it to our future generations, don't indoctrinate them, let them think for themselves.

Faith as a word, still has meaningful use: I can still have faith but i need some conviction of evidence.... i have faith that my mother would not lie to me, as i understand her nature and i trust my opinions of her. I have the historical statistical conviction of my mothers actions in her life to provide me with that faith.

The faith in God is, do you believe this book? Without any evidence? Yes? Ok - now tell everyone you believe because you have faith.

Any intelligent person can work out that this is utter retardation. A belief without evidence....And it's holding back man's progression here.

[edit on 30/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

If they didn't want it separated...they would have created a THEOCRACY

No you are wrong..way wrong.....

They LEFT a THEOCRACY.

It is so simple if you research it

This is one of the weirdest statements I've read on ATS...ever

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

that was kinda weird, I fixed it

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
OP perhaps you are correct in your original statement, however i do not think the one planet you speak of was earth. I would even go as far and say that "planet" isnt even an accurate description.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by phi1618]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

OK, you had me at "OP"

details?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Are saying God is responsible for fluctuations? That's one garbage pile of an argument.

Yes i am.....

And are you saying that it has to be a mystical power?

Look, there was (and still is) a good joke about the absolute proof of existence of God: you pull out a sheet of Kleenex out of the box, and the next one magically appears out of the opening. If not God, who dunit?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Yes i am.....

And are you saying that it has to be a mystical power?

Look, there was (and still is) a good joke about the absolute proof of existence of God: you pull out a sheet of Kleenex out of the box, and the next one magically appears out of the opening. If not God, who dunit?

Two good questions, two simple answers friend.

1) Yes it has to be a "POWER"
2) No magic, the box was DESIGNED to do that by some one

I don't just want to win this argument for intellectual purposes, its not about the mind, its about the heart, its about a relationship I cannot, nor want to, deny.

science reasons here: www.youtube.com...

Add: verbiage: Two well-known scientists: 1) The late Sir Fred Hoyle - Prof. Cambridge, England, coined the evolutionist term "the big bang", atheist, agnostic, Astrophysicist (includes nuclear particle physics), Astronomer, Mathematician ... and his colleague, 2) Chandra Wickramasinghe -Prof. of Applied Math and Astronomy, Cardiff, Wales, Buddhist background. What these 2 scientists discovered as they did the actual mathematical calculations on paper in figuring the probability of life arising from non-life ... and what it led them to announce in the London Express newspaper in 1981. For more examples of the laws of mathematical probability at work in the science field, go to: evolution-facts.org...
On my website I have documented all quotes, most of them by evolutionists, so that if you wish, you may look into the sources/books themselves to research why they maintain their positions.
Much more evolutionist quotes/video/songs ... on my website: www.beyondtheshadow.org...

[edit on 31-8-2010 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
OP perhaps you are correct in your original statement, however i do not think the one planet you speak of was earth. I would even go as far and say that "planet" isnt even an accurate description.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by phi1618]

You out there friend?

Can you please explain?

Thank you so much...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I know you don't want to deny your faith...but OMG that video your posted is so full of misinformation and falsely interpreted science, I don't even know where to begin. For one, they still call evolution random

Watch the following, yes...all of it! And maybe, just maybe you'll realize why the video you posted, or more like who made it, is just plain dumb.

The 13 Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism (By AronRa)

(A Logical Argument)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

For one, they still call evolution random

OK, so what is it?

OT

PS: Thx for the vids, I'll watch

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Vid 1-ok so the tele-evangelists are greedy, and people aren't scientists?

So what?

Relevancy?

OT

PS: The guy sounds like an elite-ist who wasn't recognized much by mom, seriously

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

It's not about who's a scientist and who not. It's bout the definitions of evidence, proof, facts, and theory which creationists so often get wrong. Watch the whole thing and you'll understand...u'll learn more in those few videos than you ever could here on ATS. It's the best summary of the issue I've ever seen

Oh, and it talks about creationists distrusting science and calling it elitism too just because they don't WANT to understand. Just like you said you don't WANT to deny your faith. And if someone asks for proof of your beliefs, we always get the "you have to open your heart" style answers...which basically means you have to believe to have proof. Which is obviously complete nonsense when it comes to proving anything.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Just like you said you don't WANT to deny your faith. And if someone asks for proof of your beliefs, we always get the "you have to open your heart" style answers...which basically means you have to believe to have proof. Which is obviously complete nonsense when it comes to proving anything.

Yes it is about the heart.....but proof or logic aren't thrown out...it is not discrete...either/or...as you characterize.

Do you know any Christians?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Vid2-so some people are evil? and do stupid things?

Guess who started that trend?

Certainly not God

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join