It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] The real ATS conspiracy. [HOAX]

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Its speculation, to me its all about entertainment. Dont you like to speculate? Its fun!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

But seriously ... what's really the issue here, what is the fear?

I think it is because this site is so cool and alluring that people begin to believe that there must be a down side to it. I mean it really can't be as good as this without some kind of downfall associated with it. I believe that it can be equated to a guilty pleasure. Hear me out.

Eating chocolate is wonderful but we know that eating too much is bad for us. Some find smoking great but we know where that leads. Some find drinking alcohol to be wonderful but we all know that excess leads to problems. So here we find ourselves in a conspiracy theorist wonderland where the mind can go on adventures far beyond the normal everyday regimen of that thing we call life.

Here we can create, learn and teach. We are able to expand our horizons and solve the problems of the universe and beyond. We can finalize those things that have eluded us and happen upon new and exciting puzzles that only those that frequent this site find intriguing. We find other posters who have the same ideas about a subject matter that we have had for so long and we are finally able to converse with someone about it without being ridiculed and we are taken seriously!

Well there has to be a price to pay for all this pleasure doesn't there? It can't be this good without some kind of draw back. It's a CIA front! I knew it! Something this cool just couldn't be for real and now they know my darkest theories and thoughts!

No, it's not a CIA front and it is this cool and there are no repercussions for participating unless you go outside the terms and conditions. Relax and enjoy because this is one guilty pleasure that has no draw backs.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

I'm here because for me, in part, this place is entertainment.

But if I ever really thought this place was something more than just a simple internet business, I'd likely spend my time elsewhere.

The drama of threads like this one are really kind of boring.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Exactly its entertainment. If you dont provide yourself entertainment, chances are you pay for it then. Hence, this is a business, albeit indirectly.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Of course this site is a business.

I don't think 'they' have ever denied that.... And, why should they?

They're entitled to financial reward, if they can manage it, for their efforts here.

I see nothing wrong with it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Its just a shame that crazy folks never know they are crazy

The same is true for arrogant [snip] and know-it-alls. They never seem to see themselves in the mirror for what they truly are.

Young people are particularly irritating. They know everything, but know nothing.

I've said enough.

Mod Edit: Removed censor circumvention.

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2010/8/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

listen if you think ROTJ6 is a lunatic or even have a hunch he/she might be, the way you are treating him/her will make the matter worse. Please use some tact when dealing with people who are emotionally distraught.

i think this should be added to the TOC. if for any reason, you become convinced that an individual you are speaking with on ATS is potentially mentally ill or suffering from emotional trauma, you will not harrass or deliberately taunt or refer to the individual's mental or emotional status in a derogatory or defaming manner.

seems like a good idea to me. otherwise, it's like poking an one eyed man in his good eye repeatedly in hopes that it'll go bad too.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbillydudeman
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Im confused again..

Isn't that the whole point here?

By the way, Mask was right and yet he is wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think one of the big risks on a site like this is that anonymity makes it easy to forget there are real people on keyboards behind these posts.

A wise point.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by loam]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

You know, it's really funny ... this digital ego that folks have developed in the internets is rather entertaining.

Wheres before the internets these folks would go around yelling 'look at me look at me' and no one would, now they go around yelling 'don't look at me don't look at me the CIA cares about mah thoughts.' This in fact is another variation of 'look at me' by protesting on the assumption that anyone cares to do so. Of course half these folks have public blogues, facebook accounts, are fully aware that anyone can get their name via their email address, and so on and so forth, all to bitch about their lost privacy.

Yikes, serious business this is indeed!

Again, most of this only has one intent and that is to generate drama ... heck, considering many folks make money out of bashing ATS and dedicate their websites to it and it's no small coincidence the influx of 'new' members registering to post on this thread. Of course their ego is so blinding they they don't even realize that none of this hurts ATS ,.. if anything threads like this help ATS because once the original hubbub settles, they always end up revealing the accusers' prejudices and lack of evidence.

And then there are those who simply can't stop over-thinking the gift-horse ... so to those I say, yes ATS and wikileaks, and everything except you are teh CIA. Now ... whachagonnado with that info now that you know it?

Cheers jack!

[edit on 9 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

You're right...but I didn't try to insult the guy/girl. I tried to make a point.

The entire clan of folks coming against ATS are one of three types-

1) Liars.

2) Crazy folks.

3) Paranoid types.

Now If we can't address those problems openly, then what have we left to do? Ignore them? Pretend they are right?

Look...if I wanted to abuse the guy, I could easily do so. I'm very talented at being a jerk, often when not trying.

But that was not my intent.

If you can't point out holes in logic or possible disillusions, then I assume we will have a hard time addressing many folks around here directly.

The fact remains...nobody has ever shown any evidence of ATS being a CIA trap, and LORD KNOWS I've dug as deep as I could to find the answer to that one.

Not saying its true or false (I suggest false), I'm just saying I've seen this thread about 100 times, and every time its the same circle of endless speculation sprinkled with a few silly thoughts and disgruntle types.

If that is cruel...I suggest you report me, or better yet- Find a place with less backbone.

ATS is no walk in the park, and if your going to slander the place WHILE you enjoy its fantastic services available for FREE to us all...you best be ready to hear a few voices call you nuts or full of lies.

Bring me proof or someone stop this silly thread from being reborn month after month.

With that said, I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

MM

PS- But I do understand where you are coming from, and I honestly apologize. I'm hardly a saint, nor a very likable person. I'm not a stranger to saying the wrong thing. But, I'm also not above saying "I'm sorry".

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
'Internet-Forum Fatigue'
After being exposed to a few forums over an eight year period, I noticed how being online impacted my physical state of mind. If you stay online for long periods of time, you assimilate a mess of information. Your brain begins to become overwhelmed from being exposed to various stimuli. Eventually your body wants to shutdown, so it can organize those new stimuli into memory. Since you keep fighting your body's impulses, your psyche starts to fly off the handle. It will do anything for a chance to 'relax'.

Do you know what we end up doing? We push our selves to the limit. We ignore everyone around us, and then go into this major mental meltdown. Even though people around us keep sending out warnings, 'get some rest', we ignore all the signs going off around us. So, we dig into the sand deeper, and with more defiance we move forward.

Suddenly, the body and mind goes through this uncontrollable crash, which leads to various words being splashed about in a forum. Even though we like conversing with others on that forum, the words spill out like an unending string of phrases. Tumble, tumble, tumble, tumble...

Warnings splash upon the screen like fire, but we still resist what our minds and friends are telling us. Within a matter of what appears to be seconds, everything you worked hard to establish, before the fatigue, has come to an end.

Why? Because 'we' don't know when to stop and rest. 'We' don't know when it is time to get offline, go outside, and take a deep breath. 'We' don't know how to stop when 'we' hit our limitations.

Give it a rest. Give yourselves a rest. "Above Top Secret" will be here when you come back. Conversing with a clear mind is more fruitful than fighting 'internet-forum-fatigue'.

Relax.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

i realize your impetus but ROTJ6 was not the op, and he was freakin' out, if you noticed? that's usually a good sign to take care while proceeding. don't know if you've ever been harrassed, stalked, or otherwise emotionally distraught, but it's not a fun thing for the person experiencing it, even if it's only in their heads.

being "crazy" has become an insult and a means to defame another person's point of view, when it's actually a medical condition. it's okay to use it i suppose, when the person in question is just saying stuff outside your reference field, but to use it derogatorily when you suspect the person really is "crazy", that's real bad form and dangerous to boot.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by loam

Its speculation, to me its all about entertainment. Dont you like to speculate? Its fun!

This site is much more then entertainment, learning, teaching, getting at the truth, if I wanted entertainment I would read a good book of fiction or see a movie. I also believe this site is much more then a business, we have owners who are truly interested in the topics here and deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

and to your edit and apology, hehehe excuse me for this but it just has to be done for the sake of comic relief.

anyway, it was kind of you to restate your position in the edit and your apology is certainly accepted for what little part your words may have impacted my "sensibilities." i'm just thinking about everyone's welfare. can't help it. it's in my nature says mr. jung.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
My Father asks me how my favorite Internet site is doing(Which is ATS)

My response lately is My Conspiracy site is having conspiracy's about the conspirators ....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Actually Aquarius, we're talking about 2 different things here. Since you quoted me, I will respond to that particular point. The poster gave the opinion that these threads are pointless. So I responded that its speculation, and entertaining.

If you are going to quote me make sure you use the right quotes so I can properly defend my point of view. I made no reference to the site and its inability to help teach with the quote you gave.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
[edit on 2010/8/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zbeliever

and conspiracies about the conspiracies of the conspirators. this is what happens when you have some proof but not enough proof to make it rock solid, or enough proof but against a shared frame of concensus reality that resists it.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by undo]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Sorry, my mistake.

Second line.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join