It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] The real ATS conspiracy. [HOAX]

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

While I have read your original post and the first page of the thread I have not read all the replies as its become a somewhat big topic for some reason.

If ATS is not an inside job and I actually really do doubt it is, its broadcast to the whole planet so what the heck are you worrying about.

Ive said some things I thought I would be banned for and I wasnt, ive seen people banned for clear T&C breaches such as political recruitment, bad language, graphic postings, bad language after repeated warnings, off posting content after repeated warnings and trolling other members. Aint that the whole point of bans?

Ive seen many a person who claims ATS is a conspiracy in itself and in a sense it is because it broadcasts your voice to the world, the internet is clearly watched by government and even this site tells you this, but that is exactly what the site owners offer you the choice to do (speak out!). If theres any conspiracy it aint against the owners of the site, its against the readers if you think about it and this site offers them the chance to learn of it.

When its all said and done, if you dont like it, dont take part and if you make the choice, obey the rules.

Take it easy.

The guys that are responsible for this site are a blessing and anyone who says elsewise are hypocrites to use the site to do so. This very thread shows the level of tolerance allowed and I am glad to see this in itself because it justifies the site itself when it comes to freedom of speech.

This site offers a tonne of information to anyone unsure of what is going on in the world, what might be happening and while it does not hit the nail on the head 10 times out of 10, it offers a best shot at it on the net as far as ive ever found. It is what it is, a conspiracy site that tolerates good manners in a small nutshell.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here is the bottom line...
"Above Top Secret" is a massive database of information, which sole primary purpose is to entertain, inform, and connect hobbyists. Some of the information on this site is factual, and other information on this site is pure speculation. How that information is interpreted depends upon the reader; thus, the site owners and staff do not control how 'we perceive' information presented.

No one on these forums controls your behaviors or thoughts. Majority of the stuff posted on this site is uploaded by 'the visitors'. If some of that information does not match up to the site's policies, the moderators, admins, and owners will inform us about 'our' mistakes. 'We' are solely responsible for the content, which 'we' put up for evaluation by our peers.

Even though our philosophies are not shared by others, that does not mean there is some sort of conspiracy. It just shows the diverse interpretation of data, which we present to our peer for evaluation and debate.

Plus, how can anyone accuse a guy who has James T. Kirk as an avatar of committing a conspiracy? Captain Kirk symbolizes the rebellious nature of our society, and how it is used to bring to light those who commit acts of tyranny. It not logical.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I did 2 pages in and you ignored me

I'll ask again though

Butt darts... What the hell is that all about ?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks, what I don’t particularly enjoy is why people would voluntarily use a free service, one like ATS and then continually look a gift horse in the mouth.

I think you should realize that we, the posters, make and are ATS, are you suggesting that we should be happy that we don't have to pay money in order to generate content that is turned into revenue?

It seems that the relation is mutually beneficial, perhaps way more beneficial for one party.

People are allowed to wonder what exactly they are part of and are contributing to, imo.

edit: I have to add that the owners also have made ATS great by maintaining a set of rules, especially when it comes to civility and decorum, without the enforcing of these rules, ATS would rapidly lose its greatness.

I am grateful for that.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

I had no idea a bar game discussed by Dave Rabbit needed explanation.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sassyncute

To be fair to the members of ATS, most probably do not have the means nor opportunitiest to conduct real-wrold investigations. And even if they did, their information would be discounted without internet links anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
just throwing a log here kinda Toasties

I remember this Thread between a Police Officer and Government Agent Discussion about ATS and The Government Agency's checks Thoroughly any truth about this Thread who knows

ATS website mentioned to me by FBI agent today...ON A TRAFFIC STOP![UPDATE]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A Quote from the Sneakers Movie

from the IMDB Site

There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!

The Site Owners Need to put a Option Button for Their Avatars like the like the Red Warning

for the following
Political Status : Democrat(blue) , Republican(red) or Independent (purple)
Political Club : (icons) Freemason Mason S&B BG Illuminati or Other

even tho some Avatars Show their Pride of their club or political Status
in some symbolic form
I would say that it would be a Great Idea but only a Option

Edit forgot to add the Thread Headline

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have my suspicions as well about ATS. Especially when it comes to moderation. I notice also certain groups or cliques get more attention from mods than say a regular joe like myself. I finally after awhile my detractor finally got banned after basically humiliating myself in a thread I created. But I notice this clique gets people banned faster than my detractor got banned. All for just believing in chemtrails.

I believe some NASA boys are on this site. You can tell who they are real easily. They are the clique I mentioned. I like ATS and it is a good site. You at least don't have to worry about 'anonymous cowards' like GLP.

also notice some threads get more stars and flags and hardly anything worthwhile to read. It can be something stupid and they get more flags than say my threads that I create.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I've never seen anyone #ting coins into shotglasses in the bars over here in the UK. The whole concpet of butt darts is alien to me and I'd never heard about it until today so had to question it as it sounds so damn bizarre

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Skeptic
With the threats to Net Neutrality, US govt contempt for privacy and the danger websites and journalists face by speaking the truth
would ATS consider following wikileaks and relocating to a journalist safe heaven?
Do you consider important for what ATS stands for and the security of its members?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I see this thread has grown very quickly. I've tried to follow along and look at things from a neutral standpoint.

There is one thing that would be a tremendous help and I'm hoping that those in question could be of assistance.

In reading through these 10 pages I've noticed that there are quite a few members who, upon review of their profiles, show a registration date of today or the very recent past. Yet the aforementioned members display an impressive knowledge (or at least claim to have such) of events that have allegedly taken place years in the past.

My request is a simple one and will help the rest of us comprehend all sides of this conversation. Those of you who have been banned from ATS before, for one reason or another, and have signed up for the sole purpose of making accusations, or attacking others, please adhere to your own requests. You are claiming that you want the truth, you want to get the real story, you want to get to the bottom of it. Well, start with yourselves. It's clear your first exposure to ATS was not this morning, or last week, or this past May. Set the example yourself. Who were you before you got banned and why have you chosen to come back in this fashion.

Can you truly come here and demand honesty and disclosure from the management while hiding behind a wall and throwing eggs at someone like a cowardly teenager on Halloween?

What are you hiding? Or, what are you hiding from? Are you afraid people won't take your argument seriously if they realize that in its full context your argument is nothing but an attempt at some sort of online revenge? Or an attempt at further publicizing tired old attacks from websites created to criticize ATS that dried up and blew away due to a lack of content other than said ATS bashing?

Whichever it is, don't pretend do be something you're not. Don't pretend to be some casual observer who just happened to sign up here yesterday and incredibly has knowledge of old staff members and old incidents of more than six years ago. The members are not morons and won't believe that.

So my request stands, we're all critical thinkers here. We all want answers. Give us the whole story or give it a rest. A bus full of new members who suddenly have "something to say" each time someone questions ATS is a bit too convenient. Tell us your story.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

well like i have said everytime ...I thank ATS for providing this forum.

And i too learn a lot from others on here such as yourself.

What triggered it was talking to someone i thought was a friend...but then then info that was put to me through the questions i was ask could have only come from what they had gleamed off the net.

I am not agianst ATS at all so please dont get me wrong ...i Enjoy the open debate and i hope it stays that way...

I also hope this thread stays open as the viewpoints are important even if some are ill founded.

now would i ever be dillusional and think they are all out to get me...no cause if that is the case i would already be dead.

I just try to let people to know they should not believe what they hear because the source is percieved as crediable...i believe you as an individual should always seek the source for yourself...dont take second hand info.

just cause of what i do and my life experiences with different authorities I gain my own understanding for things that i see coming.

As i said my life is about times and place.

i follow what i see not for anyone elses benefits but my own....but in doing so i can share my experiences with others.

that is why i am not afraid to tell what happened to me...cause if someone wanted to check out they could as i gave enough info there.

but to give my personal details on here just to prove it to strangers would be extremely stupid in my eyes.

you know the public record thing....

it will be there.

and that is why i say about a judas in your ranks....you just never know who would stoop to realising information for personal gain....so i say in general dont trust anyone.

now the outcome of the story will be it has only delayed where i will go...as i see things that approach.

As far as CHAOS posting this thread i see it as a good thing cause it can help the owners of ATS in a strange way if they let it play out as i stated earlier.

and in my eyes it is already doing that on it's own.

By not closing the thread just bodes well for the site.

the world IS waking up bit by bit..and religions,regimes, and beliefs are all going to face reality very soon...i just hope mankind will have the sense to know how to survive it.

And some ways this site can help.

I know i have already said some pretty controversial things on here and have not been banned in the very short time i have been here.

but i don't try to promote sites,books, or anything for personal gain...so i think that helps.

And if i ever got banned,,,,no biggy i have been banned from places of more and less class.....

certainly could not argue as it is free to use so they have every right to ban whomever they please.

but like i mention to skeptic.

IMHO it's is best to let this thread ride.

when one has nothing to hide then one has no fear.

when i was under heavy interrogation and i had been released people asked me what did i tell them....And i said everything...they looked at me in shock.

they said did you tell them what you see,about aliens,about the war,about all the bodies,...I said EVERYTHING...as i have nothing to hide.

So in the end i was still able to leave...but,i also know when i go to the middleeast again soon....i will be flagged.

part of life.

cheers for your reponse

link   
In the interest of digging deeper, I found the video where John Lear talks about what happened on ATS. He gives his side of the story, plain and simple.

The first 20 minutes or so are about that, then he moves on to other things.

Google Video Link

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Copernicus]

link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Discotech

I had no idea a bar game discussed by Dave Rabbit needed explanation.

Isn't this a clear sign that this discussion has "run its course" ?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Of the many forums I have posted in and read over the years.. This ATS one is the least attractive to me.. mainly because of the censorship and other strange rules and 'dominator' vibes that other people have pointed to.

I don't have a huge amount to add other than that a friend of mine recently started a thread here and within 5 minutes it was deleted and reposted with the same wording and content by a different person with a different user account..

Which can only really mean that either my friend is lying/deranged or an admin here has for some purpose deleted his thread and reposted it for an as yet not understood agenda..!?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nihilus

well i can only speak for myself here...i am new...just signed up in july

but i am not making any acusations...i personally making general observations of things and only relaying personal experiences.

i think your question is very valid and interesting.

but also are learning more about peoples internal fears from within the site itself...so i don't it is a bad thing.

just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tunist
mainly because of the censorship and other strange rules and 'dominator' vibes that other people have pointed to.

Specifically, what "censorship" are you referring to?

Which can only really mean that either my friend is lying/deranged or an admin here has for some purpose deleted his thread and reposted it for an as yet not understood agenda..!?

What is your friend's ATS username, and what is the thread you're accusing us using to replace his?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just keep in mind that ATS has been around for awhile now and gained the trust of a lot of people. Although it's user generated the misplacement of your trust does exist and will persist. As long as we think rationally with logic before replying to posts or diving into touchy subjects we should be safe. I'm sure TPTB are very smart an intelligent and if there was a conspiracy behind ATS it's probably more sophisticated than just acknowledging people who have good info and keeping tabs on them. My thought if there is a conspiracy is that its more psychological in trying to learn how we think and come to conclusions.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tunist

now if this happen to me and it was my friend i would have gone straight to ATS top brass and asked what had gone on here.

for the most part i think they are approachable.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
eek, double post.

[edit on 9 Aug 2010 by schrodingers dog]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join