It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] The real ATS conspiracy. [HOAX]

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My apologies for not having read the entire thread and if this has all been brought up before (of all the days for the in-laws to visit) so I am just addressing the opening post ...

Let us assume for a second that all the stuff in the OP is true, (for what it is worth I have looked of all this up before and never found any evidence to these accusations) ... what possible difference does it make?

I mean other than to generate innuendo and guilt by random blog posts.

Surely everyone knows that becoming successful generates nothing but resentment ... heck some define success in direct relative proportion to others' vitriol.

But seriously ... what's really the issue here, what is the fear?

More importantly ... can someone take and post a picture of the dude standing next to them with a gun to their head forcing them to post here?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

I think you should realize that we, the posters, make and are ATS, are you suggesting that we should be happy that we don't have to pay money in order to generate content that is turned into revenue?

I am very aware of that, and am proud to be one of the members that occasionally contribute all original never before seen content anywhere on the Internet.

I am also eternally grateful to be able to post that content on a highly visible respected site like ATS that then broadcasts it around the world for me for free.

Yet I also know that no matter how much I contribute that no one poster has more of an investment or has put in more time, effort, blood, sweat, tears and money into the site than the Three Amigos.

While I am sure the site generates revenue, I am not sure if the site generates a profit and frankly that’s none of my business as it’s not ‘my’ business, meaning I don’t own the site. I notice that the ATS Media Company did not make the Fortune 500 list this year though, and it’s my understanding (though it is only third party here say) that the Three Amigos subsidize the site’s operating cost through other unrelated individual business that they are in and own.

All I am saying, is that if someone has some concrete proof, bring it forward. Nothing in this thread and nothing I have ever seen is more than unsubstantiated rumor and slander from either competitive sources, or those with an axe to grind.

In short no one makes anyone sign on to ATS.

I provide content, and if I published it on my own site (I don’t have one) it would get read by very, very few people in comparison as opposed to publishing it on ATS. I would have to invest years and hundreds of thousands of dollars, possibly millions of dollars to get similar exposure on my own.

There is a reason some former members are disgruntled and that is because being competitive in the Internet Market takes a lot more than some great content and a website. With millions of destination on the web to visit, marketing your site to where it is ‘noticeable’ to people who have never heard of it or you, is a very tedious, and costly endeavor.

Some of these former members do imagine I think that they will just make a site, get a host, put up some content and that they will get the kind of exposure for that they got on ATS. When it doesn’t happen like that, and it doesn’t happen like that, then they do typically regret that they threw their relationship with ATS away.

Once again the Owners are permitting people to ask questions along this line, but in absence of someone presenting concrete evidence to substantiate these allegations there is not a whole lot they can do, but politely deny them.

You can’t prove a nothing.
I personally wouldn’t want to jeopardize my relationship with ATS, but the truth is that simply being critical of ATS does not jeopardize your relationship with it.

My opinions regarding this matter are solely my own, and heartfelt, but the truth is I find it very disrespectful to the host, and ATS is our host.

So until such time as someone is able to provide some concrete evidence of these accusations, I can only rely on what I know in regards to these accusations, and that is the source of them are former disgruntled members who violated Terms of Service, and competing sites, that don’t compete so well.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Intresting enough. But theres no real evidence. us ATS conspirators, love to conspirize about everything. now even ats itself? im not saying im disagreeing, nor agreeing. But why would persay the government do this? Theres no need to. It's not like theres anything useful here. To them were just a bunch of idiots wasting there time complaining about bogus stuff. It's not like theres attacks being planned on here. There is no real reason that I can think of that they would do this. Oh and ATS mods. Your not good and debunking this, just stick to yourselfs and stop fueling the fire by barely solving this.
Thanks (:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
I found the video where John Lear talks about what happened on ATS.

Interviewer: "What we know about ATS is that we think it's a CIA front."
That's an insulting lie for which there has never been any evidence presented.

John Lear: "That's what I think."
Apparently he didn't think that way when he appeared with us at public events. He's lying.

John Lear: "This is just a collection point for what people think is going on."
He's lying again, playing it up for the camera. He didn't appear to think that way in these threads here:
John Lear and George Noory C2C Tonight
John Lear's Moon Pictures on ATS
My name is John Lear
Index of John Lear threads on AboveTopSecret.com
In almost all cases, he seems quite pleased and happy to be participating on ATS.

John Lear: (paraphrasing) "They have paid debunkers to influence public thought."
That is a lie and is presented without any substantiation.

John Lear: (paraphrasing) "I starting throwing some really secret stuff in there, and pretty soon I'm gone."
He was post-banned (not gone) for altering a great deal quoted text of an ATS Conspiracy Master for sensational self-serving effect. He was offered the opportunity to apologize and return, but did not.
John Lear: "One day I made a list of all the insults they (Jeff Ritzman and David Biedny) made against me."
The vast majority of the "list" was no where to be found on ATS. Hence the reason for his posting-ban to sort things out.

John Lear: On discovering his posting ban, "I started to worry."
If he was concerned that we were a "CIA Front" for the collection of "what people think is going on," from the very beginning, why would be be concerned about a temporary posting-ban?

John Lear: "The Meier story is true."
How can someone believe a person who is promoting the lies of another?

We even allowed him to post the private U2Us from us, on his own web site, to show how we bent-over-backwards to try and find the quotes he attributed to two other members (we were prepared to ban them, but in the interest of fairness, post-banned all those involved while we worked it out).

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Copernicus
I found the video where John Lear talks about what happened on ATS.

John Lear: "That's what I think."
Apparently he didn't think that way when he appeared with us at public events. He's lying.

Would you mind a little more information here? Are there videos of him appearing with you that you could link to?

On the Myers case, did he say he just believed myers and thought it to be true, or did he assert it as provable fact? There's a lot on information and threads to dig through here.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Some people will share their butt darts for free. But I am not one of them. I do want some of that pie though.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Are there videos of him appearing with you that you could link to?

Meet John Lear, Dave Rabbit, Johnny Anonymous and Springer in person.

Apparently he thought "we" were such evil CIA Fronts, he saw fit to introduce us to his daughter...

...and make "official" John Lear tin-foil hats (to sell) with the ATS URL front-and-center.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ROTJ6

You are being followed by firemen?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ah, hmmmm.
If I can not get on a plane because of this site I'll be very upset. I have contributed to many threads and have received a slap or two at times. Heck, even got points. But here's my problem. I'm from a place where I get info all the time. I don't share because I don't have to and when I do share, its usually because its already on the net. But I know CoIntelPro ops when viewed and this has happened to many on this site. People draw you into the clique to see what you've got only to roust you out later by 5th grade protocol (back stabbing and name calling). There are plenty of people who get away with tossing the TOS here and never having to pay by terms. This is common on DATING SITES where the guys have to trash other guys to get girls. Now for me, it wasn't unbearable because I happen to know these times are meant for communication giving and receiving. We've known for a long time now that the net is being drawn in tightly around us. Pretty soon, the only opinion allowed will be those that pay for their opinions to shine. The rest of us will just be on the fringe unless needed. What a world.
Oh and someone commented on avatars on this site. After this post, I bet it changes drastically, but most mods and monitors have illuminist symbols in their avatars. Coincidence? Maybe.
Now, I promise I won't tell if you guys can make sure I don't hit the no fly list until after this year. I got a few overseas locations in mind for my bucket list. LOL

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
With regards the censorship:

I can't give you specific examples because they were censored!! lol

I am talking about the many posts which are removed or blanked out with images saying such things as 'this post is way over the line' (I may be paraphrasing). Obviously this website is not the only site where moderators remove posts. However, in general, where this occurs I just leave and go somewhere else. There are other forums where this NEVER occurs regardless of what is posted.
And in general the vibration of energy that is present in such forums is far more welcoming, loving, enlightening and enlightened. Which to me is the only measure of anything that interests me. Anything else IS the devolution that people here and on other forums are attempting to stop.

For a site that claims to be 'above top secret' and for the sharing of so called secrets to be what it claims to be, there needs to be no censorship at all. Its just so obvious I find it difficult to comprehend that I am even needing to point this out.

with regards the thread I mentioned that was erased and then reposted under another name..
I asked my friend if he minded me giving his name and the thread details.. he does.. he doesn't want to get involved and it is his DIVINELY given right to choose to do that.
I appreciate that this may be said to be a lie as the admins are saying other claims made in this thread are.. none the less I have screenshots and nothing to prove.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I followed the whole Lear thing and he is most certainly lying. In fact I grew to question his sanity. I've never seen any group bend over backward at the level ATS management did to try and solve his issues. He in turn acted like a three year old having a tantrum.

LordBucket and Chaos,

The two of you act more like what you are accusing ATS of being than they ever do or have. How dare you inquire about an owners family or their employment! That is the action of a Stalker and what fool would provide you with information that might endanger others? If it were me anyone attempting to get information like that would worry me very much.

ATS is a natural magnet for deranged people by its nature. That makes it doubly important they never allow anyone more information than they have to. For all we know some people here are posting from institutions and prisons.

Look at Lear for instance. Invented a pseudo-religion out of his head centered around a "Soul Catcher" on the Moon. He even admits he invented it from nothing. Admits none of what he says has anything to back it up.

The ATS Owners have proven themselves over and over again. When they ban people the reason is obvious and they are always fair. People who get banned are angry and angry people lie, slander and deceive to get even. This stuff on other sites is either revenge related or the product of people so wrapped up in their paranoia they can't see things clearly.

Chaos, you should ask these questions of those making the accusations. If they are making a charge or accusation it's up to them to provide proof. You need to consider, those who yell the loudest are generally the most guilty. You may find what your looking for on the other side of this coin.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tunist
I am talking about the many posts which are removed or blanked out with images saying such things as 'this post is way over the line' (I may be paraphrasing).

Removing infractions of the terms and conditions is not censorship.

there needs to be no censorship at all.

There is no "censorship" of member posts, other than what is needed to enforce the terms and conditions.

none the less I have screenshots and nothing to prove.

Feel free to post them so that there may be substantive clarity to your claims.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Check on urban dictionary

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The funniest part about asking Skeptic overlord if his site and his staff are reptile-nwo-mason-alien-scum is that IF BY SOME CHANCE its all true, you would still receive the same answers if it was not true...

Like asking a serial killer- "Hey you, do you butcher people for a hobby?"

The answer will never be- "oh sure, all the time, but I keep it secret because I don't want to be caught".

I mean... seriously ...Do you ask police if they are corrupt? Or ask your husband/wife if she is cheating?

I bet you hear a lot of "nope...not me".

Know why? Because it is the end-all answer to all such questions, no matter if the accusation is false or true.

With all that said, I'd like to admit to "not being a CIA agent sent to infiltrate your mind with my posts and comic".

PS- ATS is the only thing on the entire net that I even give a damn about...so frankly, I don't care who or what controls it. It's my home.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If it means anything bro, I don't think you guys are a CIA front. I think what you have done here is given average Joe a voice, and I thank you for it.

P.S. if you browse that guys website in the OP's link, hes a huge creationist, or at least as far as I could tell.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

She is by far a more worthy beauty pageant contestant than he is.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well you're missing a little bit of intellect somwher in the enemy section-

Lemme inform you-

Keep your Friends Close, Keep your enemies closer

Dont let em see you sweat.

Those two sayings sum up just about everything that I feel is important to remember about situations that create sparks.

And with that said:

If someone started a thread here on ATS about me stealing the NASA paper shredder, and I had the abilitly to DELTE the post, or to not respond to the thread about me hijacking this amazing papershredder-

I would not Delete the post because that makes suspicion.

I would reply to the thread, to lower suspicion.

I would let the thread be on the main page to have no more suspicion left to suspect---

Street Smarts Books Smarts, ya just gotta have a bit o each mon-

dudeman

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Holy hell...I shouldn't have went to sleep...this is going to take me a long time to catch up...

2nd

[edit on 9/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbillydudeman

So, ATS is damned if it does and doesn't?

I don't buy that, in fact if you read through the discussions and the rebuttals here from a site owner, they have done quite well defending themselves against what amounts to baseless, unsubstantiated allegations.

However, I must admit I did find the butt darts argument the most compelling.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Well before the Presidential election and I mean days before when the info was coming to light about how bad Obama was for this country, ATS had him on here and every post that criticized him was removed let alone my many warnings to the people here that he fit the anti-Christ role better than any person in history.

It was pure censorship in my opinion although they say they hate censorship and they only did it because one he was invited here witch shows the influence, two they relaxed their hatchet jobs as soon as he was elected.

One other thing that I will say is that the anti-Semitics here stinks to all high hell. I know the administration here doesn't openly support it, I'm sure some mods feel negative about Israel but it is so bad here at times I think that there is much more to it.

Someone could nuke Jerusalem and the Israelis would be bashed here for retaliating.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join