It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think BO was DEFINITELY born in the United States?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by spacekc929

No other president has had any inkling of suspicion on where they were born. No other president has gone to such great lengths to hide his past.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Sorry,what lengths has he gone to? I was under the impression that he has actually provided a birth certificate. Or maybe the MSM has brainwashed me

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

i.e.

Research Bush's college records, hell look for Clinton's.

Now look for Obama's. Have fun, as they are sealed.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I see your point, but also don't see the necessity for the President to release his transcripts if he doesn't want to. We know where he went to school, what degree's he received, and that he graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard. We know he is smart and that he just didn't do all that well as an undergraduate. I do see your point, but I don't feel that it is necessary for him to have released his full transcripts nor do I feel that it has any bearing on whether or not he is an American citizen.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i dont consider bho an american for these reasons:

1 its been said he was born in hawaii- while it maybe be a part of the us its not part of the conus.
2. he was raised in indonesia ? or spent some time there?

most "americans" were born in the conus lived here all our lives and not raised in other countries......

to me to have american values or ideals you would pretty much have had to live here all your lives

thats just my definition.....

blind faith hes a citizen ? not me.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I understand that. The question comes with the Occidental College records (I believe. On my phone, so I can't look it up at the moment). He was given a foreign citizen scholarship, as he came from Indonesia, which did not allow dual-citizenship at the time.

And again, why the need for secrecy?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

He was given a foreign citizen scholarship, as he came from Indonesia, which did not allow dual-citizenship at the time.

Sorry not true......you probably got that info from a fake news report that circulated on April Fool's day in '09.

snopes

One of the avenues of approach taken by "birthers" in their quest to demonstrate that Barack Obama is not eligible to hold the office of President of the United States is to try to demonstrate that, even if he was born in the United States, he gave up his U.S. citizenship somewhere along the way ... and if he's not a U.S. citizen, then he can't legitimately be President of the United States. Therefore, many birthers have gleefully seized onto the above-cited news report from April 2009, which purports that Barack Obama attended Occidental College in Los Angeles under a scholarship granted only to students of "foreign citizenship." However, this item isn't a news report at all — it's a hoax whose elements are all demonstrably false:

* The article is datelined "April 1, 2009" and tagged "AP," signifying it came from the Associated Press news agency. The date is a giveaway to the hoax (it's April Fool's Day), and the text of the article does not at all fit the standard Associated Press stylebook guidelines.

* There was no such group as "Americans for Freedom of Information" at the time this article began circulating (although someone has since registered a site using that domain name); in fact, a web site for the then-faux organization was established to poke fun at those who believed it did.

Barack Obama attended Occidental College in California for two years as an undergraduate from 1979-81 under the name Obama, not Soetoro (the latter is the surname of his Indonesian stepfather, Lolo Soetoro):

Jim Tranquada, Occidental's Director of Communications, said: "Contemporary public documents, such as the 1979-80 freshman 'Lookbook' [a guide distributed to incoming freshman] published at the beginning of President Obama's first year at Occidental, list him as Barack Obama. All of the Occidental alumni I have spoken to from that era (1979-81) who knew him, knew him as Barry Obama."

Fulbright scholarships for foreign students are coordinated through the American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF), which does not fund Indonesians for undergraduate study in the United States (only for master's or doctorate programs).

Barack Obama's student records from Occidental College remain unreleased. He has not chosen to make them public, nor has any court ordered the school to release them.

The last bold sentence is the only truth to your argument. Note though, that no court has ordered him to make them public. Hence no money has been spent to fight a non-existent demand.

Please read the article.

edit: for typo and clarity

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Connector]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Connector]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I sure am glad McCain didn't win then. Considering he was not born in the "CONUS" either.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by neo96

I sure am glad McCain didn't win then. Considering he was not born in the

"CONUS" either.

i didnt want mcain to win either to me the mcain/palin ticket seemed like the rnc was intentionally trying to lose in 2008.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Well the difference with Obama is the fact he does have ties to Kenya and with the whole thing with his grand mother saying he was born in Kenya, kinda brings up some questions that didn't arise with other presidents. Remember he is just has much white as he his black so I don't think race is the biggest motive for birthers.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have asked this before, but I will try again:

What has Obama done for Kenya? After all, if Kenyans conspired to install an illegitimate president, he must do something to repay them. What was it?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You can bring the boy to the United States....that doesn't mean you can bring the United States to the boy.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Has there been any research on his bar application? He has had 5 or 6 name changes and none of them are on the application where it asks for all previous names.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I would have answered definitely I believe he was born here in the US. So many people wish it were untrue that they've been digging and digging and have never come up with anything credible that wasn't discovered to be a hoax. Too many people want it to be true that he wasn't born here they would've proven it by now. They're all looking for evidence 24/7 and not one thing has turned up true. Without a doubt he was born in Hawaii.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

1 its been said he was born in hawaii- while it maybe be a part of the us its not part of the conus.

This gets a star? Now it is ok to deny Hawaiians and Alaskans the presidency? Really? This just might be the funnest birther thread yet.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Holy sh*t. I didn't really believe you people actually existed, but here you are. That's amazing. No other president has ever been challenged on his American citizenship, but then no other president has been African-American (black).

Not hard to add those numbers together ande come up with an accurate total. Cracker.

Geesh.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by hinky

The newspaper birth announcements in Hawaii are hard to discount.

Many Americans have been fooled.

With money or power, you can put on newspapers everything you want.

You mean with money or power and a time machine because thats what he would need to go back in time in Hawaii to post and annoucement of his birth in the paper.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
reply to post by spacekc929

Well the difference with Obama is the fact he does have ties to Kenya and with the whole thing with his grand mother saying he was born in Kenya, kinda brings up some questions that didn't arise with other presidents. Remember he is just has much white as he his black so I don't think race is the biggest motive for birthers.

Amazing. As if any of you folks would ever believe any other old nergo woman on anything else. Oh, and of course it's not about race. After all, you're banking your credibility on some old black bush woman that says crap that probably doesn't carry much weight beyond the fork in the road outside the village. You're actually super anti-racist. I mean, she's black. And you trust her on Obama's birth even more than an official American birth record or the state agency that's verified its authenticity. You're like Martin Luther King Jr.

Give me a break. This thread is depressing. I hate knowing that such people exist.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oh, COME ON!

Sure there are plenty of problems here in the US but, to say that BO originated here is just plain silly and childish.

Men have been sweating and getting smelly since time began:

Being stinky and human evolution

When we lived in caves and had just figured out the whole standing upright thing, we were less concerned about body odor. Put simply, humans stunk. Anthropologists now believe that our funky selves helped keep us from being some predator’s dinner. Our scent was so rank that the animal about to eat us would actually recoil in horror at the smell and would move on to eat something less repulsive. Now that’s a defense mechanism.

Read more:Mental Floss

Edit to add:

Oh, wait, you were talking about Barak Obama?

Boy do I feel silly, teach me to spout off without reading the OP.

BO, wasn't he born in Kenya or something?

At least that's what I read on some wacky conspiracy web site...

[edit on 8/8/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If you ask granny "Was Barack Obama born in Kenya?" she'll say 'yes'.

Because Barack Obama, Sr, was born in Kenya. President Obama was born in Hawaii.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
I have asked this before, but I will try again:

What has Obama done for Kenya? After all, if Kenyans conspired to install an illegitimate president, he must do something to repay them. What was it?

There is this:

Obama funds Kenya’s new constitution that pushes Sharia Law and Abortion

www.therightscoop.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join