It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DETROIT UFOS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This was the sighting that has swayed me towards believing.
I was sitting on my couch watching TV when i see this orange light moving across the sky at a good pace. Naturally i run outside my front door and to my surprise i 6 of these lights moving across the sky. They were not in any kind of formation they were shifting in the sky like a helicopter formation except there was absolutely no noise what so ever. It was really freaky.
This just happened around 10:00 PM on saturday august 7 2010

[edit on 7-8-2010 by proudamerican1]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Interesting. How fast were they moving? Which direction were they going? What would you guess was there altitude? How far away would you guess they were? How long did you observe them? What was it exactly about your sighting that "has swayed me toward believing"

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

i am not sure about the speed but they were moving towards lake st clair if any of you know where that is. altitude not sure, they were pretty close to my house about maybe 1-5 miles. i watched them for about 1-2 minutes and it was just the way that they moved and how it was dead silent that has made me believe there is something more out there

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have been watching the mufon website evry day for a few weeks just to see and keep an eye on sighting reports lately... The reports are getting crazier and crazier... most of the reports coming in there are pretty good quality with a small percentage being misidentified birds or reflections from windows, etc..

Your sighting is very interesting because lately there have been similar reports of orange colored objects in fleets, and all sorts of other creepy ones... a wide variety of ufos being reported at an exponential rate than the usual it seems..

Something strange is certainly happening..

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the answers
You compared them to helicopters and seemed to have expected some sound; does that mean they seemed relatively low and slow? As alienreality hinted you might enjoy checking the Mufon site to see if anyone else reported the same or similar objects. It is a nice night to be out and looking up here in MI enjoy.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You said that this was the one that swayed you towards believing. I'll take that as meaning you've seen UFO's previously? If so, any comparisons, similarities or differences? Was there anyone else that saw them? Have you called any friends or family in the area to confirm if they saw anything? I'm sure you would've posted if you did, but did you happen to take any pictures or video of the event?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
If it happens again, try and see if you can get it to respond. Some how.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Were they headed in the direction of Selfridge Air National Guard Base?

I saw some large jets in an odd formation, landing lights illuminated, heading in that direction awhile back. They were high enough that there was no noise. I went in and grabbed binoculars to check it out since it looked so utterly peculiar. With them I saw clearly they were aircraft.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by proudamerican1

I was working outside in West Bloomfield Mi, (about 20 miles NW of Detroit) and saw two black helicopters yesterday, Aug 7, heading west. I stopped what I was doing to make sure I got a good look.
Could be connected?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I don't know if this has anything to do with what you saw, but there is an air show going on at Willow Run Airport this weekend.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
what pics
or vid?
nothing linked

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Wow... Same thing, same day Denmark 11PM 7/8. Two orange lights across the sky. Couldn´t believe the first one, then the second one came from a nother direction. Cracy....

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Lanterns, typically. Orange...following the wind, no sound.

Often in groups.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I live in Windsor, which is right across from Detroit. I have been starting to see a lot of weird things going on lately. I saw this white ball gliding through the sky at a decent pace, and then it had a sudden burst of speed and increased in brightness, went out of sight behind a house, then it was gone after that. This was a couple weeks ago. My friend saw a jet like thing going across the sky with a huge black thing following behind it, and there's footage of the red dot formation above the Ambassador Bridge which occured July 2nd I believe:
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sounds alot like balls of lightning. They apparently travel by wind.

top topics

join