It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEVELOPING: Wikileaks threatens to release "insurance" file code

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Can we call hoax on this thread as it doesn't have anything substantial to validate it's claims.

Can we then continue our musings on the original thread which does have citations as well as opinions?

Thank you.

-The Powers That B...whoops, m0r

Edited to add link to the original thread.

[edit on 7/8/2010 by m0r1arty]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
Julian Assange is an international-information terrorist, and someday karma will come back and bite him in the duff.

Hopefully he will be caught and turned over to our government.

So,
you want a so called "terrorist" to be caught and turned over to real terrorists?

Tell me,
Does it get uncomfortable with your head up there all the time?

Enjoy your slumber and dreams of war and $$$$$igns...

Terrorists: What the big army calls the little army.
They are all terrorists,
except the one(s) you are loosely calling such.

Funny that...
err sad....

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Julian Assange is an international-information terrorist, and someday karma will come back and bite him in the duff.

Wow what a victim you are

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I think them telling their staff that the site is "off limits" will only increase their interest in it. People who didnt bother with it before will now be curious. This happens everytime someone forbids something. It becomes exciting.

This is like a internal military commercial for wikileaks and Im sure everybody is now talking about it.

Good job to whomever did this. Thanks for helping to raise awareness about the corruption.

Oh, and the ban is useless. These guys are not posting from their work computers.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Everyday I see you saying the same old rhetoric against Assange.
Why do you hate him so much for trying to release information that should be public knowledge?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This thread should be labeled as hoax. OP did not provide any real sources, so this looks quite misleading.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
There seems to be a serious lack of imagination here.
If you wish to speculate about possible causes of panic try these (just musings)
embassy cables:

We need another Bin Laden tape soon. Your guys got the new one ready?

We are managing to route 60% of the relief funds directly to Zurich. Your 10% will be delivered in cash by C-40 transport plane.

If they actually start monitoring the oil you don't think they will notice the four million barrels going missing every week?

Could we move some more troop into insecure areas? The higher the body count the more frightened our people will be and the better the chance to get "WHOEVER" elected. (Referring to an election in some other country)

Dated 9/10.....Don't worry about more troops. When the sh^t comes down tomorrow we'll get all the troops and funds we need.

The 'Big R' assures me we don't need to concern ourselves with the election. He owns both sides.

The big crash is not due for another two weeks but I still advise you to unload that stock now.

The General says it's either another false flag to spur recruitment or reinstitue the draft but one way or another he needs more kids signing up.

How would it affect troop morale if embassy cables made it clear it was not for America's national security that they were fighting and dieing but for some other country's?

So pick one. Just one. Any one. Can you understand the panic? I don't believe this is over another innocent civilians killed video. Those videos come and go and do no damage to TPTB. To scare them, to panic them, it needs to be something that blows the whole lid off their can of worms.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by intrnd

Couldn't agree more. Nobody has, so far, came out and said what is in the insurance file. Nobody has threatened to give out information to enable people to open it.

In fact, the only relevant statement that has been made (so far) about the file by Julian Assange is the one he made earlier in the week on Democracy Now. It has already been linked in this thread, but he said something about the fact that he did not wish to comment on the insurance file along with a comment about how it would be a shame if certain parts of history were lost.

Apart from that, no other official comment has been made about the file by Wikileaks or anyone affiliated with them.

If there were any comments on Fox News about threats to release information that would allow the file to be opened, it would be all over the internet by now. So, I can only surmise that there has been no comment of this sort. The original post on this thread is misleading until it is backed up with a source.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Interesting.

I wonder what this file contains?

I love how they have banned members of the U.S military from viewing wikileaks. Are they afraid they'll see something they won't like? As in the horrible horrible truth?

P.S. I like your signature.

Very disturbing. They don't want the brainwashing to come undone.

Kill Kill Kill

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
You should be suspicious, seeing as how this guy has purposely mislead many of you. I'll never trust this guy ever since he released that video of an Apache engaging armed insurgents and claiming it was "collateral murder".

The guy clearly has an agendas and doesn't mind lying to advance it.

This jig is up.

I SEE WAR CRIMINALS.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by keithallenlaw

I thought of this. It could go either way. I hope it isn't their tool.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Heres a scary thought. Imagine if Karma is real. Now, what ya think the U.S. has coming?

I will never forget in Obama's peace prize speech(still cracks me up) he talked about doing onto others as you would have done onto you. Big mistake.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ok, I'm gonna have to agree. There is no real source backing up the claim that Wikileaks threatened to release the insurance file. So far, the thread is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
We need another Bin Laden tape soon. Your guys got the new one ready?

I think the next distraction will be "war with iran" and even though it will not actually happen, there will be a lot of attempts to make people focus on that for a while.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
You should be suspicious, seeing as how this guy has purposely mislead many of you. I'll never trust this guy ever since he released that video of an Apache engaging armed insurgents and claiming it was "collateral murder".

The guy clearly has an agendas and doesn't mind lying to advance it.

pleased to hear that apache video diddend make you sick..i'll bet you were sorry not sitting in it controlling the fire button....
aslong there is not such an site as wikileaks who can expose you...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by ressiv]

[edit on 7-8-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You know it not very hard to find out what wikileaks is actually doing on a daily basis.

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Good. Freedom of information act. `Then you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you FREE`! John 8:32

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
They're not banned from viewing the site. The ban is on computers in the DoD networks. Its to keep personal from uploading.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

The whole point of insurance is not to release it unless you're in trouble so why would they release the password and expose themselves? It sounds to me like this was a very clever publicity stunt, a way to get more people to use wikileaks and download the insurance file, a way to make media outlets report it even more.

Or wikileaks is in a lot of trouble we don't know about.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by baked

There are different restrictions placed on the different services. Marines were totally banned, and Army just banned on DoD computers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join