It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEVELOPING: Wikileaks threatens to release "insurance" file code

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If this is true, I can't help but have mucho respect for TPTB at Wikileaks. I know there are still those who, for some evidence-free reason, have a problem with WL/Assange, but I've never seen anything to indicate they and their actions aren't what they appear to be. In addition, I can't help but be impressed by the maneuverings of WL. I keep thinking one day there will be the news that WL has closed shop "of their own volition" or Assange has gone missing or something, but man, he seems to keep on keeping on. You have to think that MIBs have got the upper hand, but just maybe in this case, WL/Assange has the brains to keep one step ahead ... too bad so many of us have to root for WL, rather than our own government.

If it's true, props for using that insurance for everybody's benefit, not just their own butts (which, I guess, are in need of some serious insurance policies, too).

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Assuming of course that he's not getting help from one faction within our government trying to fight another faction within our government.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Assuming of course that he's not getting help from one faction within our government trying to fight another faction within our government.

This is what I think WL is about, some sort of internal fighting between TPB.
I just hope one side is for the people, although they're probably fighting over who gets the big pile of gold at the end.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

There is a rumor floating around that the insurance file is actually a way to identify those who actively oppose the PTB. I do not think it's that calculated, but who knows.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Relevant:

english.farsnews.com...

This would likely kill our intelligence in some manner.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I get your point about people being able to see the real colors of war. In my opinion the Walmart & Mall shopping average American won't be able to handle that truth. Have you ever had to pick up body parts after a VBIED? Have you ever had chunks of human meat in your your hands? both American & Iraqi.

You hear in the news about a humvee being blown up by an IED but have any of view seen the actual aftermath of such events? You ask to we all this sh!t but I really think that the american public isn't ready for it.

And if they had seen theae thinks from the beginning of the war, we would have been pulled out of there a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
thats sweet...but i I am very suprised that it has not been hacked yet...is it possible? or is it unbreakable?

we need more sites like wiki leaks....
damn now im a sympathizer lmao

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I posted my speculations as to the file contents on another thread here and it got picked up by a French news website.

Here was my post:

I think the insurance file contains the diplomatic cables.

Quote from the Manning-Lamo conversation:
(1:47:36 PM) bradass87: im sorry, there's so many... its impossible for
any one human to read all quarter-million... and not feel overwhelmed...
and possibly desensitized
(1:48:20 PM) bradass87: the scope is so broad... and yet the depth so rich
(1:48:50 PM) Adrian: give me some bona fides ... yanno? any specifics.
(1:49:40 PM) bradass87: this one was a test: Classified cable from US Embassy Reykjavik on Icesave dated 13 Jan 2010
(1:50:30 PM) bradass87: the result of that one was that the icelandic
ambassador to the US was recalled, and fired
(1:51:02 PM) bradass87: thats just one cable...
Source

The cable referenced is 6.86KB.
260,000 x 6.86KB = 1,783,600 KB = 1,741 MB = 1.7 GB.
That is in the ballpark of 1.4GB.

They probably don't want to release it before Manning is sentenced, as it would surely negatively impact his trial.

Other insurance thread My post is on this page, as well as a link to the news service that quoted my post.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by Kram09

From what I've been reading, morale is low in the armed forces, so maybe they are scared that more whistleblowers will come foreward.

In any case, watching how TPTB are reacting I have the strong impression they are panicking!!!

First time about this release of the key, but you have to wonder why would someone call this insurance and be a massive 1.4GB file (thats alot for written documents on a computer). Some said it might be the 15,000 pages that weren't released but the size of the file which is bigger than the first leak begs to differ.

I think I know what it is and they have been trying hard to make sure it doesn't see the light of day. Remember close to 3 months back or more when there was hints of this and Julian said he didn't have this information and the US was saying that the soldier who leaked it on top of the military reports and such (they call it diaries know, when we all know that these are reports that showed truly what was going on and not made up), supposedly he also leaked diplomatic cables, emails and other information that might be embarrassing to the US and her allies. That part fell out of the news real quick. Imagine what was said and or talked about in those cables, I used to be in govt. (military) and believe me gossip dislike and pure hatred can be communicated between like minded officers or diplomats if they believe that the communication is safe. You would be scared too if your the ambassador to Afghanistan and in an email to your friend or home or whatever your saying derogatory things about the people in the country and the govt. and calling out govt. officials and their family.

Talking behind someones back is done all the time, but it's when people you thought where your friend or ally or you spoke on their behalf you find out that he's calling you a Sand N****r or saying you would do whatever to his wife etc. etc., then you look like a fool trusting this person and his organization. To save face you have to publicly and privately disavow him and his organization. The US govt. is running like crazy because they see the possibility that the region will know what our people in charge REALLY THINK OF THEM WHEN OUT OF EAR SHOT.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
I am not finding anything on the internet at the moment. Just heard a Fox News report that Wikileaks is preparing to or is posturing to release the password for the insurance file located on their website. Apparently, the DOD and Pentagon have now placed a mandatory ban on all US Military from viewing any wikileaks documents or visiting their website. Link to military ban story

Any further information post in this thread.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by ExPostFacto]

How about the ACTUAL US military message order:

R 021330Z AUG 10
FM SSO NAVY WASHINGTON DC//MSD2//
TO AIG 72
INFO RUCXSSO/SSO NAVY WASHINGTON DC//MSD2// BT UNCLAS QQQQ

SUBJ: BANIF 020-10, THE "WIKILEAKS" WEBSITE GUIDANCE

REFS: (A) ALCON JAG NEWS OF 29 JULY 2010

1. IAW REFERENCE (A) THE BELOW IS PROVIDED AND "QUOTED".

2. "DON PERSONNEL SHOULD NOT ACCESS THE WIKILEAKS WEBSITE TO VIEW OR
DOWNLOAD THE PUBLICIZED CLASSIFIED INFORMATION. DOING SO WOULD
INTRODUCE POTENTIALLY CLASSIFIED INFORMATION ON UNCLASSIFIED NETWORKS.
THERE HAS BEEN RUMOR THAT THE INFORMATION IS NO LONGER CLASSIFIED SINCE
IT RESIDES IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN. THIS IS NOT TRUE. EXECUTIVE ORDER
13526, SECTION 1.1(4)(C) STATES "CLASSIFIED INFORMATION SHALL NOT BE
DECLASSIFIED AUTOMATICALLY AS A RESULT OF ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF
IDENTICAL OR SIMILAR INFORMATION."
THE SUBJECT INFORMATION WAS NEITHER PROPERLY NOR IMPROPERLY
"DECLASSIFIED" BY AN APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY AND REQUIRES CONTINUED
CLASSIFICATION OR RECLASSIFICATION. IT IS "APPARENTLY CLASSIFIED
INFORMATION" THAT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN DISCLOSED WITHOUT APPROPRIATE
REVIEW AND AUTHORITY. THE INFORMATION POSTED NEEDS TO BE REVIEWED BY
THE APPROPRIATE ORIGINAL CLASSIFICATION AUTHORITIES (OCAS) TO: DETERMINE
IF IT IS CLASSIFIED, CONDUCT DAMAGE ASSESSMENTS, AND MAKE A
DETERMINATION REGARDING CONTINUED CLASSIFICATION. DESPITE CIRCUMSTANCES
SURROUNDING THE WIKILEAKS, CONTINUE TO PROTECT SIMILAR OR IDENTICAL
INFORMATION COMMENSURATE WITH THE LEVEL OF CLASSIFICATION ASSIGNED PER
SECNAV M-5510.36, UNTIL THE INFORMATION IS ASSESSED BY THE APPROPRIATE
OCAS. PLEASE REMEMBER, GOVERNMENT INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CAPABILITIES
SHOULD BE USED TO ENABLE OUR WAR FIGHTERS, PROMOTE INFORMATION SHARING
IN DEFENSE OF OUR HOMELAND, AND TO MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCIES IN OPERATIONS.
IT SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A MEANS TO HARM NATIONAL SECURITY THROUGH
UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF OUR INFORMATION ON PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE
WEBSITES OR CHAT ROOMS."

3. JAG POC IS HEIDI BEASLEY, OJAG/NLSC SECURITY MANAGER, OJAG/CODE 30,
NATIONAL SECURITY LITIGATION LAW DIVISION, COMM: 202-685-5470,

4. MINIMIZE CONSIDERED. RELEASED BY SSO NAVY, MR. MICHAEL WENTLING. SSO
NAVY POC IS MS. DEBBIE NIBBE, JWICS: [email protected], NIPRNET:
[email protected].

NNNN

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

****NOTE*****

I was U2U that information from one of our other members on ATS who wished to remain anonymous and asked me to post the above information that they had received through their official military channels....so I said sure ;-)

Enjoy

Edit: It appears as tho the info above was US Navy released statement.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Newbomb Turk]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Relevant:

english.farsnews.com...

This would likely kill our intelligence in some manner.

The content of the encrypted file (if it's not just random data) is pure speculation. Maybe sensitive, maybe not. But the article you linked to is just silly. Its main point:

"The mysterious file of the WikiLeaks might be a trap for intelligence gathering," Hossein Mohammadi told FNA on Wednesday.

The expert added that the file will attract US opponents and Washington experts can identify their enemy centers by monitoring individuals' or organizations' tendency and enthusiasm for the file.

To think that tracking of a single high-profile publicly available file is some sort of intelligence threat marker is just naive. The encrypted document pretty much attracts only intelligent technology-oriented alternative thinkers who are fascinated by intrigue: your basic ATS member. Very very few of whom are even a possible terrorist threat. And there's likely 10,000 better ways to identify those individuals.

No, the one's who should actually be worried about this document or its dissemination are those who actually have secrets.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by hippomchippo

There is a rumor floating around that the insurance file is actually a way to identify those who actively oppose the PTB. I do not think it's that calculated, but who knows.

Why would they need you to download a file for that?
They already know that all through our google searches and browser history.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'm convinced wikileaks is run or helped by very powerful factions, most likely a high up intelligence agency. I'm still not certain of their intentions. They could be legit, or they could be a honey pot, or just standard disinfo, or a way to identify enemies...
We'll find out eventually.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Stumbled upon this recent article thought it relevent to the discussion.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The TRUTH hurts ! I like how countries say they dont like the leaks cause it affects national security... I say if we all told the truth there would be no need for national security cause we'ed all be friends.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjsmi2
The TRUTH hurts ! I like how countries say they dont like the leaks cause it affects national security... I say if we all told the truth there would be no need for national security cause we'ed all be friends.

Amen to that, Seems something so easy should come as natural by now doesn't it? How hard could it be, we teach our kids to tell the truth the whole while lieing to them and everyone else. What hippocrites we all are, sometimes the truth hurts but I'd rather have the truth than lies. At least I'd know where to stand.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The blackmail won't work. How could it?

If the US government is keen on getting Gary Mckinnon into a US court room for trial--ripping open one of the best kept secrets of the supposedly ill-fated Star Wars program--then they are not going to allow themselves to be intiminated by Wikileak's founder.

Our fair-haired boy (white-haired actually) is a loose cannon and the government will not allow him to prevail. It cannot.

Blackmail/extortsion is a crime, pure and simple. The guy has committed himself to a fanatical doom. A reading of the recent indepth New Yorker article about him gives us a good picture of his twisted world.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
The blackmail won't work. How could it?

If the US government is keen on getting Gary Mckinnon into a US court room for trial--ripping open one of the best kept secrets of the supposedly ill-fated Star Wars program--then they are not going to allow themselves to be intiminated by Wikileak's founder.

Our fair-haired boy (white-haired actually) is a loose cannon and the government will not allow him to prevail. It cannot.

Blackmail/extortsion is a crime, pure and simple. The guy has committed himself to a fanatical doom. A reading of the recent indepth New Yorker article about him gives us a good picture of his twisted world.

Gary Mckinnon didn't have anything to prove his words.

"Our fair haired boy" does have the evidence to back up his words.
And he's already proved it multiple times.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
You should be suspicious, seeing as how this guy has purposely mislead many of you. I'll never trust this guy ever since he released that video of an Apache engaging armed insurgents and claiming it was "collateral murder".

The guy clearly has an agendas and doesn't mind lying to advance it.

What do you base your claim of agenda on, HUDSON?

I could make the same accusation about your statement. What's that about doesn't mind lying to advance it?.

Wikileaks is another arbiter of the awakening. People are waking up to the truth and Diggers, paid bloggers and disinfo aint got a chance to stop it.

War is a corporate racket whose currency is dope and bullets fueled by the blood of human beings who have been brainwashed by combat sim games.

The problem facing the mil industry is "Game Over" is losing its appeal. Somehow returning from the "game" missing limbs and strung out on VA administered heroin, AKA oxycontin, just aint worth fighting for.

War is bullsh1.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yes it is unfortunate how the planet has evolved... everything has to be secret due to wanting power... The power that is wanted is only due to greed... Time will come when change is unavoidable - Good will rise from the ashes...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join