It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing footage of a lightning strike like you've never seen !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Absolutely amazing indeed!

I find anything shot in high speed film or photography amazing simply because we can't see it that way. It's like a whole other world hidden from us on a regular basis

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I wonder how much of those very short lightning strikes that could have gotten recorded if the slo-mo could have been even slower.

1:32 to see 1 second, huh?
So much for the "speed of light" theory...

IMO, the self-styled "global elite" actually think of themselves "above the law," with some kind of "divine right to rule." Yep, they've just got no humbleness before the laws of nature.

I'd bet they change their minds real quick if they'd been on ground zero there...

[edit on 6-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Nice!

Who says lightning doesn't strike the same place twice. Look at how many times that flashing center strike hit the same spot within such a small amount of time!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
S+F

Awesome video, as you can see im a fan of lightning myself. I sure miss the east coast, I havn't seen lightning in person, in over 5 years.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Holy ****!!!!!!!!! Nature is awesome! Thanks for that.....I love this klind of thing.....

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Electrons do whatever they feel like doing. lol.

Feynman was right.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That looks exactly like the way I work my Etch A Sketch.

Great vid. Very impressive.

Becker

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Lightening storms are the most amazing to watch. I am always in awe of them while watching a great storm in my area.I sit outside in my parents garage when i can and watch them or at my house my husband and i watch them out our windows. I have always found them to be erotic in a way.Its like the strikes are doing a erotic dance in the sky . I know im crazy but thats how i look at it

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is the work of God. Call me kooky but i had this flashing thought (no pun intended) that what if those strikes that are all making the trianglular almost devil looking face shapes on the right, were made by chemtrails or haarp or something. and that one BIG GIANT bolt and the ones that follow are GODS. and hes saying BOO YAH! u think u can make weather?? watch this!!

lol. i do think it is all God though. just a flashing ats thought

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrillsAngelWings
...I have always found them to be erotic in a way.Its like the strikes are doing a erotic dance in the sky . I know im crazy but thats how i look at it

Hmmm.

KrillsAngelWings -- Perhaps you should share your story with my wife...'tis the season for thunderstorms here in the Northeast U.S.
(
LOL, just kidding, dear, if you're reading this
)

[edit on 8/6/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Pretty cool video, I seen the same thing happen here in Florida were we have a TV and a Radio tower taller than the Empire state building. I was driving right at them and watched them both get hit at the same time.

This guy should come here. I live in the Lightning capital of the world.

I have been through the worst electrical storm ever, If you would have been dumb enough to step outside you would have been hit immediately. Lightning was striking every 2-3 seconds for an hour all around our house. I have never been through anything like that and thankfully have not seen it again. I think something was not right with our local atmosphere that day or our government was under a scaler attack at McDill AFB and the perps missed the mark. I don't know but I do not want to see it again, If I do then you better believe that will have my cam ready.

Way worse than this.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Indeed it is Upstate NY is were we reside and it has been pretty sweet this year for the storms.I would love to speak with your wife about my thoughts on them.Im sure i could give her a ton of new ideas

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Wow that was awesome! I love lightening storms,that was the most amazing footage ive seen. Thanks for posting that.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
Nice!

Who says lightning doesn't strikes the same place twice. Look at how many times that flashing center strike hit the same spot within such a small amount of time!

That's exactly what I was gonna say. It strike the same place about 8 times... and in less than a second!!!
Oh, I guess lightning doesn't strike in the same place after one second!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Dude that is freakin amazing.. totally opened my eyes. Never seen some thing like that or thought lightening did that... I love taking pictures and lightening in general here's a couple of my pics.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
WOW, that's less than a second and some bolts are still unbelievable fast!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
That was about as awesome a thing that I've ever seen before! Makes you wonder what else we can't see that happens all the time, but just happens too fast.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
And people wonder why I say

“If the grid can stand being pounded by a normal summer lighting storm, An EMP is of no concern.”

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
S&F to for the best photos found, thank you, makes me wish i still had my cam, here in Utah there has been some nice storms at night, speaking of looks like an other one now.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
In half a second. That blows my mind.
I wonder what one can do
once harnessing such incredible energy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join