It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So if Germany started both world wars....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Most Americans seem to view the unprovoked unlimited slaughter of foreign civilians by the US military as "bringing freedom and democracy to that country".

And another ATS poster with a hate-on with the US.

Spare me.

Yeah, the US Military in World War 2 had for their only tactic the "unprovoked, unlimited slaughter of foreign civilians". Time to get a grip and maybe read a book or two.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

they were attacked building a pipeline to the middle east for oil - the Brits would not stand it and attacked

can you cite any evidence for this claim ?

PS - i blame the austro hungarian empire for the start of WWI

most ` key players ` - germany , great britain , france , russia were sucked in by treaty obligations

others - japan , the ottoman empire were ` oportunist war makes `

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Most Americans seem to view the unprovoked unlimited slaughter of foreign civilians by the US military as "bringing freedom and democracy to that country".

And another ATS poster with a hate-on with the US.

Spare me.

Yeah, the US Military in World War 2 had for their only tactic the "unprovoked, unlimited slaughter of foreign civilians". Time to get a grip and maybe read a book or two.

So what exactly did 1.5 million dead Iraqi civilians do to America to deserve being butchered, raped, tortured and plundered by the US military ?

And when you get around to bombing Iran, what have the Iranian people done to America to deserve such a fate ?

Why should I spare you ?
The coming fate of America will be well deserved.
And none of your enemies are going to lift a finger to help you..

[edit on 6/8/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The Soviet Union was doing a pretty good job back in their day. Seems that most people on ATS seem to forget that.

"Back in the day" yes. But no longer.

Yet the US feels it must bully the world into operating as it believes.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

So what exactly did 1.5 million dead Iraqi civilians do to America to deserve being butchered, raped, tortured and plundered by the US military ?

Source, please. I want a source for 1.5 million dead Iraqi civilians that were killed by US Military forces. I want to see a report or something that shows that the US Military actively killed 1.5 millions civilians.

And when you get around to bombing Iran, what have the Iranian people done to America to deserve such a fate ?

Why should I spare you ?
The coming fate of America will be well deserved.
And none of your enemies are going to lift a finger to help you..

Yeah, whatever.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaznational
Keeping the world safe for commerce (which keeps bread on your table) is a thankless job.

No one is thanking you because you are not keeping the world "safe" for commerce.

And no, you, the US, do not put bread on my table. Get your arrogant head out of your arse and understand that the world does not see you in the same light you see yourselves.

And also keep in mind, it isn't the "people" of America the world hates. It's the collective policies and government we hate. Don't take it personally. Unless you work for the US govt then...do take it personally.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Source, please. I want a source for 1.5 million dead Iraqi civilians that were killed by US Military forces. I want to see a report or something that shows that the US Military actively killed 1.5 millions civilians.

This has all been looked at many times by many independent groups such as the United Nations, and Amnesty International, just to name two.
Seven years of American butchery in Iraq certainly adds up.
160,000 US battle troops out killing Iraqis every single day since 2003.

www.projectcensored.org...

www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RS22537.pdf

kanan48.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redseal

UM.. Have you ever read a history book? Germany didn't start WWI. They were dragged in by their allies like we were. Have you heard of treaty of Versailles? Germany was forced to sign it or face occupation, most history books blame the great depression and WWII on treaty of Versailles. They were force to hand over all their trains, tractors, boats, livestock and to pay retributions and half way through Britain demanded more money causing hyper inflation. This is just some of the information condensed, do some research before you post .

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

This has all been looked at many times by many independent groups such as the United Nations, and Amnesty International, just to name two.
Seven years of American butchery in Iraq certainly adds up.
160,000 US battle troops out killing Iraqis every single day since 2003.

Thanks for the sources, but none of them say that 1.5 million Iraqi civilians were killed directly by US forces.

You seem to have forgotten that the insurgents are in the business of killing civilians.

www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RS22537.pdf

This is a good source (thanks!!) and it pretty much shoots down the "projectcensored" figures. They are using numbers from Brookings, and the fas.org report said they are flawed.

kanan48.wordpress.com...

This is a blog. My blog said Elvis killed JFK and I have sources to prove it. Doesn't mean it's true, tho.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
More drivel by America hating, anti-semites. No doubt you fall into one of two camps. either you are Muslim europeans who can't wait to impose Sharia law on 'freedom loving' europeans, or you are leftist, atheists, who have been responsible for more deaths in one century than all the worlds wars throughout history. You're exemplars include such moral geniuses as Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and the Shining Path.

By the way America is not a democracy, it's a constitutional republic. Democracy is just another form of tyranny. The masses are easily swayed by demogogues and radicals, just as the haters obviously are.

Most of the wars cited as horrors by the left were police actions to protect American interests. As far as I can tell european powers have been doing this sort of thing for a thousand years, maybe more. None of the worlds democratic republics or any republic that honors man's God given rights would even exist today without American intervention. So be silent.

If America weren't kicking ass for you whiners, you'd be back under the tyrants boot. You soon will be anyway once your policy of radical muslim importation is complete.

By the way let me explain the real reason people hate America so much. They hate America because they subconsciously believe that America is a christian nation (though that's far from the truth). Moreover they hate God and Christ because their god is the god of this world, the devil. It's just a spiritual truth that you can not accept. Jesus said,

"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters

They also hate the jews for similar reasons. Their god, the devil hates them, because Israel and the jews prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the Bible is the word of God and that God keeps his promises. I encourage you, if you are in this camp to really examine your irrational hatred of Israel and America and the jews, and try to fathom it's true source. You'll see that I'm right, if you are honest with yourselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

You seem to have forgotten that the insurgents are in the business of killing civilians.

That is absolutely hilarious.

The insurgents are all ordinary Iraqi people fighting against the American invader and occupier of their country.

If China invaded and occupied America, you would be doing exactly the same thing as those insurgents are doing.

These insurgents are only sniping and road bombing the US military, and nobody else.

Australians, Canadians, and twenty six other nations have military personnel and vast numbers of civilian aid workers in Iraq, and all of them are there to HELP the Iraqi people rebuild what America destroys.

None of those foreign uniformed military are ever fired upon by insurgents.
The foreign aid workers are sometimes murdered, but only when they are mistaken for Americans. Usually in a road ambush.

For example, dozens of plain clothes Australian civilians have been murdered in Iraq, but the uniformed Australian military have never had a single casualty in seven years in a hot war zone.
The Japanese civilian aid workers have never had a single incident, simply because they look very different to the American enemy, and can never be mistaken as Americans, even at a distance.

The war in Iraq is entirely between the Iraqi people defending their homes, family and country, against the US military.

And all this international aid pouring into Iraq is what keeps the insurgents fighting on.
Without all this foreign aid from all around the world, the US military would be able to roll up and totally control the entire country in just a few days.

But it is foreign aid from all over the world backing the insurgents against the US military, that has been putting so many Americans into body bags.

And that will continue until you admit defeat and pull entirely out of Iraq.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

These insurgents are only sniping and road bombing the US military, and nobody else.

Australians, Canadians, and twenty six other nations have military personnel and vast numbers of civilian aid workers in Iraq, and all of them are there to HELP the Iraqi people rebuild what America destroys.

The foreign aid workers are sometimes murdered, but only when they are mistaken for Americans. Usually in a road ambush.

For example, dozens of plain clothes Australian civilians have been murdered in Iraq, but the uniformed Australian military have never had a single casualty in seven years in a hot war zone.
The Japanese civilian aid workers have never had a single incident, simply because they look very different to the American enemy, and can never be mistaken as Americans, even at a distance.

Yea, if you say so mate...

British Iraq war deaths

[edit on 8-8-2010 by PaddyInf]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by FortAnthem

I though you were gonna say "too busy beating ourselves OFF to notice" but ya I get what you`re sayin. the other reason is that we imported Nazis and with them came Nazi-ism. There`s a project the military called Operation Paperclip which should be taught in every school book. You should check it out, there are a ton of resources on the net to do so, but I always recommend typing your subject of interest into the good ol` search bar. Just waitin for that feature to come to ats mobile... After you`ve read up, it should become obvious why nobody`s beatin up Germany. What Nazi in their right mind would stay in Germany? Heheh... "a Nazi in their right mind..." Am I a character or what? Ha... So um, anyway ya, we ARE the Nazi`s NOW, The Germans were the Nazi`s THEN. And so people hate America NOW and they hated Germany THEN. That`s because we are the ones doing despicable acts now and people tend to be more concerned with the "right now" than they are about the "65+ years ago". But like I said there`s plenty of material to sift through and it can be a very enjoyable subject to research if you realize that time is linear ( or is it that time is NOT linear?) and if you are like me and you care just as much about the 65 years ago as you do about the "right now". In a morbid kind of way, it`s actually kinda fun connecting the dots and coming to the conclusion that WE`re the Nazis. Obviously it`s evolved into something much different. I`m not gonna get into everything but for example, they don`t have the skull & crossbones logo anymore, they had a "make-over" and prettied up their image. Basically they just took the image we already had. Over the years our "good reputation", as you can see, has been pretty well tarnished over the past, ooooh I`d say about 65 years give or take a few.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The insurgents are all ordinary Iraqi people fighting against the American invader and occupier of their country.

That is absolutely hilarious!! Go ahead, quit your day job and go into comedy.

How is setting off a car bomb in a crowded market place, killing innocent women and children, "fighting against the American invader and occupier of their country"? Fill me in how that makes these insurgents "freedom fighters"? How is that helping your country and defending it against invaders????

Oh yeah?

news.yahoo.com...
"Killed eight people, mostly civilians.

www.upi.com...
"The Interior Ministry said the car bomb detonated a fuel tank, spreading fire through a crowded market Saturday...."

A crowded market. Wow, that's really striking a blow against the invader!!!

And the US has absolutely ZERO Aid workers, military or civilian, in Iraq?

You certain about that? And I guess if they are murdered because they are mistakened for Americans, that's A-OK in your book? "Sorry we tortured and murdered your aid workers. Our bad."

And all this international aid pouring into Iraq is what keeps the insurgents fighting on.
Without all this foreign aid from all around the world, the US military would be able to roll up and totally control the entire country in just a few days.

But it is foreign aid from all over the world backing the insurgents against the US military, that has been putting so many Americans into body bags.

And that will continue until you admit defeat and pull entirely out of Iraq

When you mean "international aid" and "foreign aid" you mean terrorists from other countries, right? So let me get this straight. The US being there is wrong, but it's quite alright for terrorists from foreign countries to go there and murder innocent Iraqi civilians or civilian aid workers?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

perfect list :-)

[edit on 8-8-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Funny that you should mention Hitler and his monstrosities, considering you almost matched his deeds in WWII. Ghosts of Hiroshima and Nagasaki still scream.

Since we are digging the past lets dig a little deeper.

Your nation is built on Indian graveyards. You know? The Indians? Those silly red skins? You marched in on their land, sold em' inferior guns and then proceeded to destroy them with superior fire power and biological warfare. And later you made amends by locki...giving them places just for them to live in.

What were you saying about Germans?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So is this really a thread about who has killed more people and who should be hated for it and who should be given a pass? War has always been a part of human nature. In every society of every size, tribe against tribe, city against city, kingdom against kingdom, nation against nation, empire against empire. It is a part of what humans do. Granted we have toned down the slaughter a great deal since WW2. The United States is no better or worse then anyone else in the world when it comes to conflict.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

My old school chum Danny Wilson was shot and killed in Iraq, so I can vouch for it (That its not just the Americans). You never quite realise whats going on sometimes until it hits you at home.

Me, his brother Stephen and a few others get together every now and again for a beer in his memory.

EDIT: Just looking at that list you posted PaddyInf, Dannys on there they have his name down as Wilson, Danny.

[edit on 8/8/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

what UTTER TWADDLE :

If China invaded and occupied America, you would be doing exactly the same thing as those insurgents are doing.

you are absolutley hilarious

try googling " iraq market bomb " and iraq hospital bomb " for all the imstances of iraqi sectarian violence that haave left thousands of iraqis dead and not a single coalition military casualty

who exactly are they targeting again ??????????????

source # 1

source # 2

[edit on 8-8-2010 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowKungFu
Funny that you should mention Hitler and his monstrosities, considering you almost matched his deeds in WWII. Ghosts of Hiroshima and Nagasaki still scream.

Alright, I know this sounds horrible, but it was at the least 200,000 people killed all together in both bombings. 2 million Japanese killed throughout the war. And your comparing us to Hitler who killed 6 million Jews and a few million other people. Oh, yeah and don't forget the 25 million or so killed in Soviet Union by Germany and by Stalin, or the 10 to 20 million Chinese killed by Japan. Yeah... I'd say were about even there. How many do you think an invasion of Japan would have killed? They weren't really the type to just give up, look up Iwo Jima if you don't beleive me.

Originally posted by IKnowKungFu
Your nation is built on Indian graveyards. You know? The Indians? Those silly red skins? You marched in on their land, sold em' inferior guns and then proceeded to destroy them with superior fire power and biological warfare. And later you made amends by locki...giving them places just for them to live in.

What were you saying about Germans?

Now, I'm not really saying that we as Americans are much better people than everyone else, you do have a good point here. Estimates to how many Native Americans were killed by US involvement are ranging from 10 million to about 140 million. But do not forget our country was settled by many different European countries. So why do we have to play the blame game. Every country has somewhat of a dirty past, if you look deep enough you'll find it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join