It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So if Germany started both world wars....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

yes that is the case but you would be next and without us you would have also lost as you had only a small amount of operational warships.

and how did you help with operation overlord?

[edit on 10-8-2010 by listerofsmeg]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
would be next? LOL we had plenty of warships at our homeland incase of invasion. Why would we deploy everything we had to Europe??

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Operation Overlord is D-Day........... We parachuted in and stormed beaches as well as bombed in preparation for the beach landings...... and we lost 4,101 aircraft. What else do you have???

Also military deaths and I say again MILITARY:
UK-382,700
US-416,800

the other numbers you came up with are civilian deaths from them bombing you. it was like 67,000 or something like that.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This arguing, name calling and general bitching is getting you nowhere. When you are in the heat of battle, it matters not what flag the guy next to you has on his shoulder. All you need to know is that he is there and covering your six.

For goodness sake, we have all chewed the same dirt and our blood is the same damned colour. Cope with it!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

are you just saying things without research.
battle of midway also lost you more ships.

if it wasn't for your desperate nuking of nagasaki and hiroshima you would have had japan up your ass too.

operation overlord was 1 day before.....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Haha, this thread actually got somewhere?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
reply to post by Reign02

are you just saying things without research.
battle of midway also lost you more ships.

if it wasn't for your desperate nuking of nagasaki and hiroshima you would have had japan up your ass too.

operation overlord was 1 day before.....

actually yes i am doing research as I am a history major.... And yea we lost ships in the PACIFIC... That is our Pacific fleet.... Not our Atlantic....

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just wanted to say that the UK troops fought well and fended of the Axis advance for many years. But they were just too much for you guys. I have respect for the UK, a lot of it!!

I have been stationed over here for 4 years and I love every minute I'm here. But the fact still remains that without our mass of troops you guys were doomed. There will be one day when we will have to fight together again on a massive scale and I know that the UK will be one of the leading reasons that we both will prevail. Much love to the UK and it's troops. I know quite a lot of them!!

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
ait mate first i dont hate us if i think about it,but i do hate your president,since hes bringing your powerfull country down the line.
and second alot of people hate the jews secretly and kinda support the nazi ways so why so suprised/serious

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02England called us up to help because you guys were scared they were gonna invade the island..... You Brits thought you could handle the Germans but when they pushed you out of the main land you needed our help and we came we saw we conquered.

actually the UK had won the battle of britain in the summer of 1941 , and put paid to any realistic notions of german invasion , and by december 1941 , with the nazi operations in the soviet union getting bogged down - they had no chance of any invasion

We lost more soldiers than any other country in WW2

pure fantasy - please review the casaualty figures for germany , japan and the soviet union

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheredacheesego

Originally posted by IKnowKungFu
Funny that you should mention Hitler and his monstrosities, considering you almost matched his deeds in WWII. Ghosts of Hiroshima and Nagasaki still scream.

Alright, I know this sounds horrible, but it was at the least 200,000 people killed all together in both bombings. 2 million Japanese killed throughout the war. And your comparing us to Hitler who killed 6 million Jews and a few million other people. Oh, yeah and don't forget the 25 million or so killed in Soviet Union by Germany and by Stalin, or the 10 to 20 million Chinese killed by Japan. Yeah... I'd say were about even there. How many do you think an invasion of Japan would have killed? They weren't really the type to just give up, look up Iwo Jima if you don't beleive me.

Originally posted by IKnowKungFu
Your nation is built on Indian graveyards. You know? The Indians? Those silly red skins? You marched in on their land, sold em' inferior guns and then proceeded to destroy them with superior fire power and biological warfare. And later you made amends by locki...giving them places just for them to live in.

What were you saying about Germans?

Now, I'm not really saying that we as Americans are much better people than everyone else, you do have a good point here. Estimates to how many Native Americans were killed by US involvement are ranging from 10 million to about 140 million. But do not forget our country was settled by many different European countries. So why do we have to play the blame game. Every country has somewhat of a dirty past, if you look deep enough you'll find it.

That is my point, OP was Ignorant IMO, so I kinda started the "Blame Game" as you said, to point out that if you dig deep enough you can find some dirt in every nations history.

I do consider what USA did in Hiroshima and Nagasaki a terrible crime, on par if not in quantity then in "quality" with Hitler. I am also opposed fully to current "wars" in Iraq and Afghanistan and i also consider them a crime against humanity and those participating in them, criminals.

That being said if you call me a "USA hater" because of those opinions you might as well call me a hypocrite because i drive a Ford, I used to smoke only Marlboro(Quit) I watch mostly American TV shows and Movies etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think the OP has his facts mixed up a bit. It's not the germans who started the world wars, its the Austrians!

Hitler was an austrian, he started the second world war.
The assassination of the austrian crown prince started the first world war.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

not the austrians but 1 austrian. hitler himself formed the ss and took control of the nazi party. he used the germans fear and anger of jews taking power to acheive this.

serbians assainiated franz which was a key event in the build up of ww1.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
You should look at the divisions storming the beaches of France. How many of those were Brits???? Ohh yea that is right like one or two. GG.

You should, actually.

On D-Day, the majority of the troops were British Empire troops (Canadian, UK, ANZAC and Indian), 90% of the Naval power was provided by the RN (even the boats that brought your guys ashore on Omaha were British!) and a significant amount of the air power was the RAF. It wasn't for quite a while after D-Day that the US had any majority in land forces.

But, it doesn't surprise me that you think the US did it all, after all Holywood said so, didn't they? U-571 and Saving Private Ryan have alot to answer for.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Good Lord, this thread is a fount of misinformation and Nationalistic chest beating.
The agreed upon Allied strategy was beat Hitler first and stop Japanese expansion. Keep a two front war going in Europe. The Battle of Britian was won as much by German incompetance as anything else, not to take away from British bravery. Britian hung by a thread, without American industry, it may have fallen:, the same for the USSR. Without American supplies, both countries would have been substantialy weaker.
With America's entry into the war, the preparations for the invasion of Europe began, but still took years to accomplish, with the USSR bearing the brunt of the fighting in the meantime. The Allies took the war to N Africa, with the Brits
doing much to defeat Rommel, but greatly in need of US support and supply. By the Italian invasion, the US certainly carried it's own weight.
The air war was largly won by the US. American strategic daylight bombing caused more damage than the British night "area" bombing, plus America maufactured far more , and superior aircraft. The Brits and Soviets did not field much in the way of fighters over the Reich.
In short, it took the combined efforts of all the Allies to defeat Hitler, to discount anyone's efforts is folly.
As for japan the US largley went on it's own, with the Navy bearing the brunt of crushing our way to the home islands. The Brits and Australians fought Japan as well, but America drove it to destruction. The end of Japan was the B-29, a fine example of American high-tech and industrial might. As for the A bomb, at the time it was considered just a bigger weapon, it caused the Japanese to surrender.
You guys need to do some serious study!

[edit on 10-8-2010 by OldDragger]

[edit on 10-8-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

lets not resort to name calling, so this debate has turned into an heated argument but try to keep your cool.

we got bombed because we are 21 miles from mainland europe.
can you honestly say you wouldn't have been bombed if you were this close.
and our coal industry was nationilsed during ww2 and were capable of growing our own food, we couldn't import from europe so we did need help but we were far from collapsing.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
well lets not be complete assholes and it wont happen. I am a nice guy untill people start calling me a out and saying that I'm basically stupid for being an American and having an AMerican education. The poster above is ON POINT! Star for YOU!!!! And look up everything I have written down as it is true.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

the facts are true but your opinions and speculations are arrogant.
call us names all you want but america is globaly viewed as gits.
go sue something.

as to technological might, it was german and austrian captured scientists that created the A-bomb.
we created, radio, depth charges, scuba gear, electric motor, gas masks, periscope, radar, steel production, toilet paper, suspension bridges and many more.

sorry for my use of language

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You guys are going to get your posts removed and penalties if you don't wise up!
Don't say you weren't warned!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join