It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I also agree that God doesnt have a religion. May I ask why you believe in God but not Heaven? Do you believe in Satan? Just curious.

I don't think in terms of Satan as an entity. But I do think in terms of good and evil, and that God does not cause either to happen.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
God is, God is not, god can be a male, or a female or anything in between, or beyond, god can be good or evil and even bad, god can be one or many or none, god can exist, or not exist all at the same time...do you know why. Because if there was such as a god that is omnipotent and omniscient or omnipresent...then god simply is, and could be all things and no things, even to not exist if it wanted to. Humans on the other hand have no choice but to exist. I believe in god or many gods, or no gods or god, I see no problem with this. Though I got to confess I usually only believe in god only when I got real problems in my life, so I guess that makes me normal.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your uplifting paradigm shift..

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I can not agree more!

People need to realize that religion hinders you from progressing as a living creature on this planet. No other animal on this planet has religion except humans... Not even the praying mantis (It's just a name). God exists, but only as a part of you, 'it' is what makes you do good things, and avoid the negative.

Overly religious people are the scariest types of people, they are the ones who will kill you for saying something counter to their beliefs (Some religions). They will also try and make you believe what they believe. That's not how it works, you learn to believe on your own, or you choose not too.

Indoctrination is the opposite of free-will and choice.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

That sounds very stoic of you. But there is one flaw to that design. A God that does not care nor intervene nor do good nor evil will inevitably be replaced by a created God who will not be the same. The universe is 15 billion years old. There is a very likely chance that a physical God exists in this universe that can effectively do crazy stuff like promise its followers access to a realm within a hollow black hole that is sealed from the decay of the universe for ever, or convert its cells to micro machines to run the body and sustain it forever. This was played on in the recent Mass Effect series.

Basically, once you throw out an active God, you can't deny the statistical probability of an active God under that one that is NOT active.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Gorman91]

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Originally posted by Section31

"God Doesn't Have a Religion" ~ Mary Rose

Here is an interesting conundrum. Concept of 'god' was create by religion. The word itself has roots in religion, so how can the concept of God exist without a religion. It cannot.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Section31]

This is merely picking apart and over analyzing the meaning behind the title. Logic and word play is shallow considering you know, as well as everyone else does, what the title means in it's context.

The "Creator" may have been a better word in place of "God".

Isn't this part of the problem though? Calling God a million different things?

I'll also note that there are lots of interpretations concerning what Mary Rose said, ranging from the vapid to the critical. I don't think Mary even knows what she is talking about. I think her post is just intellectual fluff. Conclusions reached via emotion and hurried to the keyboard. Also note how much she followed and replied to her own thread. It sets off an attention seeking alarm bell to me, with posters of ATS filling her intellectual emptiness with agreement.

and you using the term "Creator" is the same thing as God. It's another Judeo-Christian term. so again, more hogwash.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I didn't figure this out myself. I heard Stewart Swerdlow say it a few years ago. When I heard it, a light bulb went off in my head. I thought to myself, "That's it! That makes sense."

God also does not have gender. God is an "it."

Coming to these conclusions has liberated me quite a bit. Life loses much of its complexity after eliminating the confusion and division and hierarchy created by organized religion.

Stripped of organized religion, people are left with their own consciousness and the freedom to connect to God - which I think of as the universal life force connecting all that is.

Organized religion is part of the problem we face on earth - not the solution. I think that many of the endless arguments people have where they're just spinning their wheels and getting absolutely nowhere in solving problems - is caused by people defending their religion.

We don't need organized, man-made religion. We need to connect to each other after first connecting to that universal life force, which is God.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Mary Rose]

You're gonna look just wonderful with that mark on your forehead. In fact, I'll bet you will be the very first in line to receive it!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ginandmoregin

Well there is no proof of God, a creator, or anything that is God-related. So really this whole thread is hogwash. Yet I still believe. So really, at the end of the day, it all has to do with logic. Read my last post for that part.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
OP, you "get" it. You see past the Matrix.

Star and flag. I agree 100%.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone's said it already, but referring to God as Him does not imply that you believe that God is a male, with penis and all. Rather, it places God as the Father figure in your spiritual life; as a guide, a mentor and a protector.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Even though I do not believe in afterlife, I know there is a universal force anyway.

So good for you. Religions divide and separate. And you are right spot on with your thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
For some, religion provides perspective, guidance, peace. For other's, it provides fear, ignorance, aggression. Some need religion, at first, to raise their source awareness, other's do not. Some may become attached to their religion to feel connected, others may not.

Religion has been a part of the awareness process on earth, both the positive and negative. It has taught many lessons, provided contrast, both positive and negative.

You can find the source through any religion, or no religion. It is choice/experience/perspective/growth.

If you are a part of creation/source/god, then god perhaps contains many religions, and no religions. Yes, it does seem that reality is very paradoxical at times.

Male and Female compliment each other. Both are part of creation. Both are divine. God/Creator/Source is not one without the other. The potential of unified masculine and feminine energies is truly divine, it is magnificent.

This is my perspective.

Be In Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
I don't know if anyone's said it already, but referring to God as Him does not imply that you believe that God is a male, with penis and all. Rather, it places God as the Father figure in your spiritual life; as a guide, a mentor and a protector.

Humans created god in their own image. We anthropomorphised him. I wonder what god would do with his penis? It reminds me of that question, does god have teeth... for if he had teeth he would have to eat, and if god eats, that also means he has to *cough* *cough*... well... erm... that would make him too human now wouldn't it.

IRM

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Well, the God i know has been clear about being a HIM.

There is great disagreement amongst scholars on this point

I don't think it matters ... i mean it's like the difference between long or short hair isn't it? I can't say i understand the relevance of God's "sex" if indeed there is any .... way to tell.

I do know that the "father" analagy is a massage in itself, descriptive, and possibly instructive too. But with pagan understanding i see the goddess aspect too.

Again, it's so easy to get caught in our own ideas and dogmas, like religion/gender/musical tastes, when i think any God would encompass ALL of it.

Except the rules. they're pretty solid.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

We need to connect to each other after first connecting to that universal life force, which is God.

"'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' "This is the great and foremost commandment. "The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'

Connect to God, then connect to each other!!!!

You have just echoed the words of Jesus. Nice.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by qbanthinker305

I quite agree with you that man is special in that he is the pinacle of creation but you fail to explain that part that says we are the image of God. Like I hinted here or elsewhere the whole confusion is about the idea of god. We have to ask what was god before the bible? In african societies for example, the concept of god is totally different from what you have in the book. Africans just know or assumed that there is something out there that created the universe.

They didnt bother dwelling on it every minute of the day. They preferred to worship god thru intermediaries which later day religious supremacists termed idol worship. The concept of karma, which you hinted on, is I believe, universal which makes the universe a self sustaining construct. This effectively makes the idea of god having a day to day running of the world superflous.

When we speak of the image of god, I guess 90% of all christians dont understand this. They would picture a man sitting on a golden throne up there in the sky.

We can know the truth of the whole thing on religion if we carefully dig into the past to know how the words, god and religion came into existence. I personally believe that there was a time in human history ETs walked with man for his survival. Man then could even see them as apparitions or bizzare forms. Then, like in Africa, people would making food offerings, thinking the ETs (gods or spirits) would come and eat.

The main flaw of organized religion is that it tries to impose its ideals on people who should have nothing to do with it. All too often people think that a religion like christianity could be sold to Africans but there is nothing more untrue than this. The first blacks who received the "good news" did so ignorantly and thru arm twisting. They could never know what questions to pose since it was completely a new terrain. How would you explain the holy conception or trinity? Lately, I have discovered that the true nature religion which Africans practiced could be shamanism. This religion strives to connect one with the spirits and self.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Are you people really waking up?? Hallelujah!!!! To think that organized religion is the way to salvation is silly. Where do you start? Which is the right religion? Did "GOD" put one true religion on this earth and if you don't believe in it then you are going to hell? Nonsense, complete and utter nonsense. This life is a personal journey to become the most complete spiritual person you can be. You are not going to "Hell" if you are a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc. Religion is as man made as paper money. Life is an esoteric journey to spiritual enlightenment. And if you curious about our esoteric origins, may I suggest a great book by Manly P. Hall "The Secret Teachings of All Ages" its a bit outdated but a great first book to anyone on a spiritual journey!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gator1177

Well said gator. People continuously overlook the fact that the bible was written when the universe was comprised of only the earth and heaven
Now with the discovery of other million "earths" how does this change the face of religion? It'd make more sense if the biblical god is taken as a tribal god with his chosen earth people. This begs another question that the real force behind the universe and creation has never been known. All we can do is speculate. Can you throw more light on this catchy word, Salvation?

[edit on 6-8-2010 by pro-all]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

If Christ is the Son Of God, doesn't that mean that God has the Christian religion?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

If Christ is the Son Of God, doesn't that mean that God has the Christian religion?

No, Christ was a common name for "enlightened" Rabbis in the ancient days. However, if you believe in the ancient mysteries and the Jewish connection with them, then "Christ is the Son of God" really translates to "the initiated will know the cosmic mind". Or, in easier terms, forget the material universe, learn the spiritual universe and you will achieve immortality.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join