It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Doesn't Have a Religion

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by qbanthinker305

Christianity has only been around for lets take a guess....... 2010 years!!!!!or so. So go figure that the bible has survived for over 4000 years, I wouldn't have thought of that. You must be one of those special humans we keep hearing about.....

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WENEEDAREVOLUTION
You are right the so called 'holy books' do say we should not kill - but then God goes on to condone murdering, rape, ethnic cleansing etc. IMO there will NEVER be peace on earth while people continue to follow the 3 Abrahamic religions. They all preach hatred for others who believe differently sprinkled with a little bit of love and understanding for those who conform. I wish that wasn't the case but unfortunately it seems to be that way.

God give us mind to choose. We have the options. What we do is our own responsibility. Not by God's hand. Therefore, Heaven and Hell are created. That's why we have Judgement Day. Everyone of us will be asked of everything that we have done during our lifetime. If every decision and action is by God's choice then there is no reason at all for Heaven and Hell. I can't prove this to be true. I can't prove Heaven and hell exist. I can't prove about the Judgement Day. Religion is just guideline. Interpretation to some. You have the choice as you do now, to accept or not. God does not make you to be atheis ( I'm sorry if I'm wrong ). You choose to be so. You aware it's your free will. No miracles force your decision.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by Mary Rose

Lord God was the one who created religion. And Lord God is not Thee God.

Lord God was a vision Moses talked to and listened to and that is all Moses can claim. Moses cant prove that it was actually God he was communicating with.

You have evidence of this , do I take it you were there ?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you, not in mansions of wood and stone. Split a piece of wood... and I am there, lift a stone... and you will find me.

- Stigmata

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Basically, speading my gospel that religeons are a CON,
this is my religeon.

If only I can convince politicians that belonging to the Church
of Non-Religeous believers, that we can all become Tax Exempt.
And I feel we are being dicriminated against by all those Religeon
Believers by not granting Tax Exemption status.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostHunterTM

I have to say that this post is one of the most ignorant post that I have have seen.

The Bible as we know it today has only been around just over 1000 years

The Old Testament is about 4000 years old though. Not the whole thing, but that is when the first parts were written.

Christianity is the fullfillment of prophecy placed in the old testement.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

It amazes me that athiest are the ones that call Christians intolerant

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Religion is the most ultimate evil that has ever stood before the free thinking, intelligent human. It has taken some of the most ancient and important knowledge of our universe and contorted it into a mechanism of control through fear. It is the largest segregator of mankind. It teaches with in its churches a one way, very narrow way of thought and pits its self against the belief systems it is supposed to uphold. I wish people believe in and hold more faith in tangible things like each other and our earth. In the end that is all we need because it is all we will have.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WENEEDAREVOLUTION
You are right the so called 'holy books' do say we should not kill - but then God goes on to condone murdering, rape, ethnic cleansing etc. IMO there will NEVER be peace on earth while people continue to follow the 3 Abrahamic religions. They all preach hatred for others who believe differently sprinkled with a little bit of love and understanding for those who conform. I wish that wasn't the case but unfortunately it seems to be that way.

The teaching of Jesus is to forgive even your own enemy. The preaching of pope to call for crusade and kill all infidels is not the teaching of Jesus. Jesus is the messenger. The chosen one. The one who received words directly from God. Pope/priest is appointed officer who study base on his own understanding. Therefore he is subjected to error, greed and fear. He will answer his own deed and sin accordingly as with the rest of us when it comes to Judgement Day.

God give us mind to choose. We have the options. What we do is our own responsibility. Not by God's hand. Therefore, Heaven and Hell are created. Therefore, we have Judgement Day. Everyone of us will be asked of everything that we have done during our lifetime. If every decision and action is by God's choice then there is no reason at all for Heaven and Hell. I can't prove this to be true. I can't prove Heaven and hell exist. I can't prove about the Judgement Day. Religion is just guideline. Interpretation to some. You have the choice as you do now, to accept or not. God does not make you to be atheis ( I'm sorry if I'm wrong ). You choose to be so. You aware it's your free will. No miracles force your decision.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by awake_and_aware

No. There is no proof of God existing or not. It is all opinion. But if you want to get technical, somebody had to turn on and off gravity After the big bang, and differentiate the forces from their once-one form.

Could be aliens, could be God. But to simply state God does not exist is ignorant, as there is no proof either war.

WRONG. There is no evidence to suggest that God exists, we assumed it. If you were to assume that, you could assume "somebody" is turning "on" and "off" gravity. But that's a child like way of looking at things.

I could say a Invisible Pink Unicorn exists but how could i prove it's pink if i can't prove it exists?

inifinite regressions? If god created the universe (and gravity as you say) then who created God? who created that God.

Stupid, pointless, just because we don't have knowledge of the universe and how it was created doesn't mean we need to assume it was created by God, whatever God is meant to mean anyway.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by qbanthinker305

Originally posted by Matt.Trakker
The bible, Religion. Its all bollocks. Just primitive minds trying to make sense of it all.

Whatever man. Smacks of primitive control methods

If the creators of the bible is just a cause of primitive thinking, then us modern man are really stupid!!!

Thats the point i was making. Duh

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

reply to post by Mary Rose

Lord God was the one who created religion. And Lord God is not Thee God.

Lord God was a vision Moses talked to and listened to and that is all Moses can claim. Moses cant prove that it was actually God he was communicating with.

You have evidence of this , do I take it you were there ?

Why do you ask questions you know the answer to. Is that your way of being bright?

My point was. How could Moses prove that he was communicating with Thee God, and not Satan? You know, Moses was there lol.

If a bright light called on you and said he was Lord God, would you believe him? Or would he have to do some magic first. The IQ question is: how would you really know that you were actually talking to God?

Is a name, some magic and a bright light enough to convince you it is Thee God you are communicating with. Satan can do these things to.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That's quite easy. Eliminate time, because we already know that time itself is only applicable to this universe. The fact is that there are quantum scale qualities that prove things can exist outside the bounds of time. Once that is so, you don't have to be created. You simply are.

I could even take a step further. let's pretend said God IS bound to this universe. Well then, all it would take is one, just one, civilization in the vastness of space to develop a skynet-like device that controls the planet of a type 2 civilization. Once this thing spreads, it can eventually build a warp machine that sends messages back in time to Itself. It now knows what will happen. It can then send micro machines back in time to the earliest part of the universe and effectively exist and have created itself. In more time it can learn to funnel energy back in time, effectively giving it infinite energy and mass, able to do whatever it wants.

The fact is there is a God. Weather that be self-made robot reapers like from Mass Effect, or a being outside the bounds of time is your choice. But there is a God by simple probability. There are aliens, these have infinite chances of being any way, including how I described.

So really, it no longer becomes if it exists, but how it exists.

Now sure you can't prove it. But we can't prove a large sum of our current views on particles. What we can do is run mathematical simulations to see how they act indirectly.

So here is a simple simulation. The universe is 15 billion years old. It takes a maximum or minimum of 4 billion years for intelligence like us to develop. It takes 10,000 years for this species to develop to an advance level to make the things I described.

Fact is Earth-like worlds are common. So even if it is so low as one Earth per galaxy, you still have trillions of chances to make it.

There is something like that out there. Mass Effect reapers? Nice God? Bad God? Flying spaghetti monster? Who knows. But there is one out there.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

My point was. How could Moses prove that he was communicating with Thee God, and not Satan? You know, Moses was there lol.
[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

Simple. The 10 Commandments would be the 10 Acceptable sins.

You know like:

1. You shall kill
2. You shall not pray
etc...

Isn't that what Satan want us to do? After all, it's the teaching of Satan. No?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt.Trakker

Why exactly did you add this after I answered the question once. Anyway, I am not saying if there is or isn't a god merely pointed out the concepts you associate with a "god" aren't necessicities for a conception of a "god" *or what we would call a god*.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

What you banging on about man? Added what where what now?

If your talking about what i said last night. I edited that at the time. After i made the first post i re-read what you said & just added in my interpretation of what i thought you may have meant. After originally stating how i didn't understand what you meant.

But i did do it at the time & before you replied. If you've only just seen it now, Then that's on you mate. It aint like i came on today and edited it lol. Come on man

[edit on 8/6/2010 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What the OP is trying to explain is here

It relates in English after each verse.
Some of the oldest stories to be ever written about who/what God is......The Pre-Big Bang entity.
Also heaven and hell is all a matter of the state of mind at the point of death, for an analogy its like catching the right or wrong bus. Pathways availible, its just a case of learning the truth before your time.
Hell is a lost soul reliving its past forever in limbo because they didn't reemeber the truth.
Heaven is the path of the person that remembers his purpose for being here and realises that this isn't all there is.
These videos explain better than I can....meditation and life and death.

I began my meditation and have been rewarded with visions beyond anything in this existence. Teachers explaining my faults I need to address and my best experience was of a Brilliant Light and in the centre of that light I could just make out the outline of a person in a meditational pose.......the most enlightening experience to date.

no I don't need drugs to achieve this outcome. I found I surpass the norm and can meditate for hours at a time with out moving and find it easy to make the mind still and at peace. Warning ......When you begin to get adept strange stuff happens when you slip FROM meditation. I'll not relay these as they sound bizarre.

ps edit. I have had alot of experiences through meditation but as the OP's threads isn't about that..... it isn't included in detail.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think man wants religion to feel like he has a purpose. It comes from being unsure about things. Creation, death, life, existence... All of these things have no actual definition to WHY.. Creating a religion to worship God helps people fill in the gaps where there's no explanation for something.

I don't know if God exists, but I'm leaning towards "no", just because i haven't seen any proof other than that of man. Do I discount others beliefs? Nope. They can believe what they want as long as they don't try to tell me how to live.

In any case, if there is a God, he doesn't need us to worship him if he's omnipotent as most religions believe. For me religion has brought out both the best and the worst in people and I think that God would probably get rid of religion just because of all the things they do in HIS name that causes misery in others.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

Things that we do in HIS name are the things that are exactly against the simple teaching of his messengers. Throughout history of destruction and suffering, we're taught to be compassion, forgiving, merciful, benevolent etc..by his messengers and yet we learn nothing. God choose and create his messengers for reason. God want us to follow the example of his messengers and spread HIS words. Instead we choose to follow blindly the person who either bring fear to us due to his authority or the person who thought he was too special/divine that he surpass the quality of a prophet and dare to use God's name to contradict the very things that God forbid. The cleric/priest/pope are just common being. They are not prophet. They are not born with the qualities to be God's direct messenger. They neither have the charisma nor miracles to be a prophet. Yet we wasted God's gift to think rationally and being too blind to follow whatever nonsense preach the priest/cleric/pope have by disobeying God's simple rules, You shall not Kill.

This is exactly what happen to us now. Confused, Miserable and blame God for everything.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

That's quite easy. Eliminate time, because we already know that time itself is only applicable to this universe. The fact is that there are quantum scale qualities that prove things can exist outside the bounds of time. Once that is so, you don't have to be created. You simply are.

I could even take a step further. let's pretend said God IS bound to this universe. Well then, all it would take is one, just one, civilization in the vastness of space to develop a skynet-like device that controls the planet of a type 2 civilization. Once this thing spreads, it can eventually build a warp machine that sends messages back in time to Itself. It now knows what will happen. It can then send micro machines back in time to the earliest part of the universe and effectively exist and have created itself. In more time it can learn to funnel energy back in time, effectively giving it infinite energy and mass, able to do whatever it wants.

The fact is there is a God. Weather that be self-made robot reapers like from Mass Effect, or a being outside the bounds of time is your choice. But there is a God by simple probability. There are aliens, these have infinite chances of being any way, including how I described.

So really, it no longer becomes if it exists, but how it exists.

Now sure you can't prove it. But we can't prove a large sum of our current views on particles. What we can do is run mathematical simulations to see how they act indirectly.

So here is a simple simulation. The universe is 15 billion years old. It takes a maximum or minimum of 4 billion years for intelligence like us to develop. It takes 10,000 years for this species to develop to an advance level to make the things I described.

Fact is Earth-like worlds are common. So even if it is so low as one Earth per galaxy, you still have trillions of chances to make it.

There is something like that out there. Mass Effect reapers? Nice God? Bad God? Flying spaghetti monster? Who knows. But there is one out there.

What on earth are you talking about?

I never doubted the possibility AND probability of alien life forms existing in our universe. We are talking about God and why we should claim he/she or it even exists. Why it's an unnessasary assumption. (see Occam's Razor)

God is an unfalsifiable hypothesis (like an invisible pink unicorn) alien life existing is not, and could well be possible, especially if you've seen and studied the drake equation or witnessed the images from the Hubble telescope and the recent data for the Kepler mission. I never denied this possibility and probability.

Time travel is a well debated topic in both physics and philosophy, and i never mentioned anything about time, as it is irrelevant to my argument. Don't know why you even mentioned that.

God is an unnessary assumption, God is used where humans do not have knowledge, like earthquakes and tornadoes, man once thought were punishment of God.

We have attributed things in nature to this "GOD" throughout our history where we had little understanding of this reality, the universe we are in, but there is no need to attribute reality to one single entity.

it's the word used to fill in the gaps, God of Gaps, always outside the human knowledge, but always retracting back when knowledge becomes available.

When you really don't know, have no evidence, why make up a word, why bother suggest it? Secondally, why would anyone (religion) claim to know this God's mind, if you can't prove it exists in the first place.

You might see creationists deny Evolution because it shows observable evidence that they are not "designed" by some creator, it shows they are subject to chance, mutation under circumstance or environment over a period of time (there is no way to go back to the drawing board) that's why you see extinction of species, too weak to go on in the gene race. If God does exist, he's pretty damn nasty!

I could just as easily say the universe is just one cell within a membrane full of universes, that's a possiblity - am i going to call the possibility "God"? or am i going to insist to everyone that my theory is correct? No.

Now lets keep Mass Effect and debates of time travel out on your next rebut and stick to the unfalsifiable hypothesis in hand: "GOD"

[edit on 6/8/10 by awake_and_aware]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join