It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
im truly sorry storm great posting and thanks for comming here

have a great day:p

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Walid Shoebat, is saying once the mosque is established it becomes like an embassy.

Especially near the end of the video, he explains it.

How will it be seen in the Islamic world?

That's a good question.

Walid says, will be seen as a great symbol of victory, and the purpose is to establish Islamic embassy, once it become established no man in the world is allowed to close down a mosque under Islamic law,

To touch it would infuriate Muslims globally,

Creating a struggle between American and American and he knows what he is doing, he wins either way,

Yea, this dividing of Americans has been happening a lot lately.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Not new...from back in May, but okay.

Walid Shoebat is the self-proclaimed terrorist (his family disagrees) who falsely claimed that Obama is a Muslim and that that Hamas supports Obama, which they may but that's a moot point. He's a Palestinian turned Christian Zionist and has lived in the U.S. since 1970, moving here when he was 16 and converting to Christianity in 1993. He's a Zionist now. Hangs out with Joe Lieberman. Goes to motivation and ties, I guess, is why I mention it. CAIR classifies his speeches as "hate speeches." Which, of course, they would.

Re: The PJTV video:

The imam's words taken out of context from something he said about religious dialogs at conventions being a waste of time negates all his history in New York and all his other good works with the community (per interview I posted)? Okay.

Ah...this is where we go back over 1000 years to Spain and Cordoba means? And the talking point about shrines in Japan. And the Sharia spreading in America? Do others back his opinion? Thanks. This helps with tracking down some of the talking points and sources. As does the date.

And the fatwas about mosques and land? This is America. I personally don't see anything particularly scary or threatening here. Most of it affects just them and their beliefs, and mostly outside the U.S.

So here we have one man with a shady track record claiming he read something on some websites is scary. I think we better get more people we actually trust who speak Arabic to translate for us

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

He wins either way. Okay.

So we can't win either way. So how do we "lose" more gracefully? Which way is less damaging to our country?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
can we say terrorist will think its our

victory mosque

you know why this is happening, because Mr Obama is trying to buddy love the Saudi king, you know # really is slow when OIL is used as revenge against a nation, i'm probably thinking this is a message to the OPEC Arab countries to not slow OIL production, i mean whats the best way of getting more OIL ? build a victory mosque right next to 9/11 because the Muslim OPEC countries love nothing better then seeing another victory mosque built next to 9/11

what a country, your american corporations have really screwed you into hell

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Each day I have seen this thread and just didn't have the heart to come here until now. I know from random readings their has been a lot of controversy on this topic, I knew that before I came here. I think it is so sad, so inappropriate to build a mosque near the 9/11 site. I heard on CNN last nite that it would be a mosque complete with operations such a the YMCA has - swimming pool, sports activites, etc. Shame on those that are in approval to this - disgraceful! Wonder when they will replace the Viet Nam wall - we are tearing down American, piece by piece.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

Good job connecting all the dots!

Surely, it's not just a place for some New Yorkers to pray.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yes, shame on them for turning an abandoned clothing store into a community facility complete with swimming pool, sports activities, Muslim prayer room, etc. How dare they!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Have you read through the last few pages?

Just wondering where your opinion is coming from....what perspective or perspectives. Not judging in the least. More trying to figure out what it's based on.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It does take courage to speak out, you have a right to your heartfelt opinion.

[edit on 063131p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
First they kill all those people with a rigged demolition, now they want to do this crap. What a load of bung. I hope they are happy now. Seems like they (gov) do whatever they want, whenever they want. As long as its the worst thing they could do, they do it, it seems.

I am so pissed about all of it!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Hello crazydaisy, thanks for your input and it does take courage to speak up

I think we are all tired of being tricked. Just look at obama, so many who who wanted to trust him and who desired change stood strong and proud defending him with everything they had within.

I think it's great that more are stepping up and questioning the intentions and motives of this. Why not? We question others who are in power?

I hope the extremists get a life and they leave the mosque alone with that being said, it has been approved so it sould be accepted but that doesn't mean we have to close our eyes like good little people.

Your voice counted too

Questioning this and anything else is a good thing. I've noticed some do not question further, they default to the vanilla type of thinking for this mosque, who is running it and it's intentions, motives, funny huh?

The very same people who question many other things like hungry wolves

Stormdancer showed courage too, she brought up some great questions.

There's nothing wrong with questioning and investigating this.
Questioning and investigating doesn't mean we are haters or evil, it just means it's a way to lessen the trickery. It doesn't mean we are against freedoms of religion either, it just means we wish to know more.

I wish the best for everyone in this and that we can move forward but with a watchful eye just as we try to have a watchful eye in many other things that could affect us greatly.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
well put sweet couldnt have thought of anyway to have said that better

i also want to thank each and everyone who has posted in this thread

wether or not we have seen eye to eye i do condsider each and every one of like a brother and a sister even tho we may not be related by birth we do have that common bond to make our thoughts heard.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It wont get built trust me
They MIGHT have the go ahead, but who do you think runs the construction locals there in NYC? THINK ABOUT IT....
Materials will get lost, plans will disappear, workers wont show up for work, etc etc
It wont get built

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have a question for all of those who are for and against this mosque, this Cordova House, has anyone gone to the website and taken a good look at what is written? As this issue has come to the forefront of the media, I did just that. The Imman is a very well educated individual, and I would say he means well on the surface, however, the meaning of this place is in question based off of what is written. This is not an issue of freedom of religion or of religious persecution, the arguments have been very clear on that one, the issue is one of sensativity. The Imman is stating he wants to be a bridge between the Muslim world and the West, sounds very good and very peaceful, but when the opposition is that loud and that upset, does this sound like a good idea, would it not be a good idea to hold out the olive branch and back down?
But I digress on the other point, I was curious and went to the Cordova House Website, very interesting reading, very heavily oriented towards the Muslim faith, however, I think that the point of this being more than just a community center holds equal merrits as well, and there is one other little small aspect that I came across, and it does not set well.
If this is a community center to promote peace and understanding, then why would they need a coordinator to gather information about Shariah from other muslim nations in the world. Why would they need to have this at this particular location, and for what purpose? It leads to the question as to what exactly will this center be really used for, and to whose bennifit, would it be for the bennifit of all of New York, as a means to heal, or is there something else behind the scenes that is not spoken? I believe the latter, as it is hidden in the website and what one things states, does not agree with the mission statement of the Imman, so I can only conclude that it is not what he is telling the world.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Your post begs a question then. Is this a well traveled area? What type of neighborhood is it? I don't know, I've never been to NYC.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

In NYC, which I've been to only once, everything is squeezed in so close that looking at this map I still can't see the mosque location being quite AT the 9-11 site. The site itself is still preserved and we really ought to buid a proper tribute at that site. I'm not thrilled at this whole proposition either but I'm trying to keep an open mind and consider what info I am getting in as balanced manner as possible. I would really like to hear the opinions of our family friends who have lost loved ones but it's not a topic we ever open lightly. We actually don't open it all. It's understood some things hurt too much to be spoken of just to glean opinions for casual discussion.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The site that this has been proposed and approved of is about 2 to 3 blocks away from the Ground Zero site and would have a view of such, though down the street. So theoretically, the opponents are correct that it would be a mosque that would over shadow the Ground Zero area.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Group sues to stop mosque near NYC's ground zero
news.yahoo.com...

edit to add another source: Group to Fight Ground Zero Mosque Ruling
www.newsmax.com...

Maybe people need time to investigate, it is a hard pill to swallow for some. Maybe they need a little time to address their issues so later if tshtf.... or later if it doesn't......

edit to add: If anything, at least we are slowing down the corrupt government from accomplishing their hidden agendas

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Yeah but is it a nice area? I don't know. Can you fill me in here?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join