It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Lebanon fired warning shots at an invading force...

As Israel would do in the same situation...

They all know where the border is, its got a big fence...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
reply to post by Ben81

Lebanon fires the first shot and you blame Israel. Why?

In a state of war you don't cross the border

No peace treaty as of yet, think about it this way, if Israel destroyed South of the US, you would be damn pissed off too.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Lebanon fired warning shots at an invading force...

Bull, they discussed with the UNFIL troops that they were tearing down this tree and the Lebanese set up snipers to shoot at them. How do you know this is Lebanon territory anyway?

reply to post by oozyism

In a state of war you don't cross the borde

They were cleared with UNIFIL and the boarder is sketchy at best. You don't know if Israel crossed some imaginary line.

The fact is Lebanon shot and killed a soldier for no reason. They are the ones who escalated the situation.

I'd bet that neither of you ever have a problem with Hamas or Hezbollah artillery barrages in to Israeli cities. I'm sure you have some rationalization for why its ok.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Hudson]

link   
why do i get the feeling israel wont let this go. i hope this isn't the calm before the storm. after all i cant see israel losing one of there senior officers doing this situation any good.

link   

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Indeed.

Al Jazeera English just interviewed the Lebanese Minister for Social Affairs. The interviewer asked him if it was true Israel had made a request via UNIFIL for Israeli troops to enter the Lebanese side to plant a security camera.

Lebanon reportedly declined the request, which if true, suggests Israel could not take "No" for an answer judging by the photo of the Israeli crane carrying a soldier leaning over the border fence that I have seen.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by TheOrphic

Iran has a long history of aggression.. in the 70's they attempted foment rebellion in Iraq and made preperations to invade Iraq.. they were beat to the punch by Iraq though and a bloody filled war ensued for 8 years (beginning in 1980)

More recently: 2007
Iranian Revolutionary Guards have invaded and seized almost all meaningful control of the strategic Masandam Peninsula in Oman - a peninsula that covers the Southern mouth of the Straight of Hormuz. Controling this peninsula solidifies Irans complete control of the straight. The North chokepoint has long been Irans; the South chokepoint has long been Omans. They are now both Irans.

And Oman, terrified of the direct confrontation with Iran that our military has planned and suggested, has decided to do nothing.

not sure where you are going with your question.. Some try to paint Iran as a quiet peace loving country that has no plans for taking over any country.. all one needs do is listen to thier leadership call for the complete destruction of Isreal, USA and any other country that aligns itself with Isreal.

Did you just google for help not knowing what you're talking about ?

Did you copy and paste from here ? Boooooo !

Iran never invaded the southern side of Hormuz ! Do you understand what would have been the consequence of such an action in 2007 with the war ships of US and allies patrolling the strait ?
Don't trust everything you read in the internet

Your post is utterly ridiculous, I can't believe it...
It's ok you have different opinions as long as you are intellectually honest.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Just to say i have had another message. There was a report earlier that the IDF had bombed a Lebanese army-base. My brother tells me from his sources that this is NOT true. Also says thats its all calm over there now as far as he knows. Grimly he said it is expected causalities on both sides will rise as 2 IDF soldiers are badly wounded and multiple Lebanese soldiers are critically injured.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Maybe they should have asked the Lebonese if it was OK instead of the UN forces.. The border is pretty clear and someone posted pics earlier of the Israelis over the fence..

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Thank you for trying to get one more puch in. I am not trolling. I am expressing my opinion like everyone else on this board. I also have a temper that gets the best of me sometimes. Much like you and everyone else on this board as well.

Has there been any new news coming out of Isreal or Lebanon in the past few minutes

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
UPDATE!!!

Tuesday's deadly exchange of fire between Israel and the Lebanese army along Israel's northern border sparked outrage among Arab leaders. Syrian President Bashar Assad said hours after the confrontation that Syria will stand by Lebanon "in the face of Israel's criminal aggression."

Assad: We'll support Lebanon in face of criminal Israeli aggression

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Well in 8 pages of this thread YOU are the ONLY one that has called for violence..Nuking every Islam nation to be exact...

Then you call for regime change in every Islamic nation but say people should mind their own business when it comes to Israel's regime....

Ya kinda come across as a hypocritical warmonger...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

They were cleared with UNIFIL and the boarder is sketchy at best. You don't know if Israel crossed some imaginary line.

OK let's put it in other ways for you to understand. How hard do you suppose it would have been for the Israeli soldiers to radio the other side, and tell them hey, we are gonna jump over, is that OK, are you gonna shoot us.

The fact is Lebanon shot and killed a soldier for no reason. They are the ones who escalated the situation.

Israeli words VS Lebanese words, and I don't tend to believe Israel on any thing these days to tell you the truth. Heck they were the ones who murdered activists and yet claim they were the victims ..

I'd bet that neither of you ever have a problem with Hamas or Hezbollah artillery barrages in to Israeli cities. I'm sure you have some rationalization for why its ok.

I'm strictly against the killing of civilians, but at the same time understand the frustration of Palestinian people and their desperate situation, with their desperate tactics.

Question: Do you think if Palestinians had laser guided missiles, or hellicopters, or Jets, or Drones, or percise cordinations, or at least [home made fireworks] which went to the direction aimed, do you think they would still direct their attacks on civilians?

There is a saying, "even if Palestinians target military bases, the rockets will not go according to their wishes".

Desperate people tend to take desperate messures, even if it is against their moral, or against their belief, or against their wishes. Heck you leave people poor in the streets, they will tend to steal, blame the fact that you left them jobless, and left them in that situation with no other means of survival.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I am Not the only person that called for violence, and the other gentlemen and I were both discussing a regime change in Isreal and all other Middle Eastern countries. I admitted I got a little carried away, but I am not the only person on the board again.

I have apologized. If you feel it is neccessary to further rebuke me be my guest.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You gotta love the media. Haaretz reports that hedge trimming was to blame for the engagement. Good journalism is alive and well!

Israeli officer killed in clash on Israel-Lebanon border Three Lebanese soldiers, one journalist killed as Israeli and Lebanese soldiers exchange fire in worst clash since Second Lebanon War. Tags: Lebanon IDF

Article

This is why the thread is important so as we can keep a good check and balance on what is being reported.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson
reply to post by Ben81

Lebanon fires the first shot and you blame Israel. Why?

because Israel have never be very truthfull when releasing their PR propaganda tactik when people from the other side have been killed
its like the mamvi turkish ship
they said that to ... but who were massacred ?
hundred of peoples in those boat have said that it was them who shot first

dont you have any doubts ???

maybe the lebaneses army shot first (shooting in the air for warning)
because they were installing camera
or
because they were uprooting some lebanese tree

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

My prayers are with you, your family, and all of those in the region.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So they did not cross the legal boarder just "there" fence ?
form the j post

According to Israeli reports, the IDF was performing necessary maintenance work across the fence, but still within Israeli territory, since the fence does not always exactly parallel the border.
source
I dont know if this report holds water as it is from the Israeli side but if true I think they will retaliate. further . IMO

[edit on 3-8-2010 by paradiselost333]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ212

My prayers are with you, your family, and all of those in the region.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I say the same to you, to the dead soldiers on both sides, and their families, nobody deserves to lose a loved one.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join