It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dogs this past month have stopped eliminating outside

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have had a strange thing happen. Both my dogs have suddenly this past month decided not to go to the bathroom outside. They are potty trained, and out of the blue decided they would rather go inside. They will do anything to keep from going in the yard and will save it to go inside.

I was talking to my son and he said his friend informed him that her dogs are doing the same thing and multiple friends and family members of hers have told her the same thing about they're dogs behaving the same way.

I tried googling it but found nothing so I thought hey Poll this on ATS.

So to the Great ATS I ask. Is your pooch pooping inside?

Edit for clarity.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I have 3 Pitt Bulls, two red nose and a blue nose. All between 1 and 4 years old and they've been completely fine.

Although they are Pedigree dogs I guess....

My neighboors' dog is fine too, little basterd "relieved" himself on my lawn this morning.

~Keeper

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Im curious where you are from.

I have not noticed this with my dog, I am from CT. USA.

I also wonder what you think it might be? Im sure you have a guess about it.

a few questions..

Have you had your lawn sprayed with fertilizer or other chems?

Has it been overly hot or cold for this time of year where you are?

How far away are the other people who are experiencing this?

Have you changed thier diet recently?

How old are your dogs?

I hope you figure this out, i know its not life threatening but it sure is wierd.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Is it possible that someone is using one of those high frequency pet deterrents sadistically being marketed on the telescreen? Have you seen these ads? It is sickening. I want to live in the middle of nowhere so bad these days...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Interesting. Can you talk to your son's friend and get more details? A head count of all the dogs really doing this would be cool. Get the dates of when it started, where you all live etc. Very strange, if it's not just rumour. Are they gong out at all? How are they behaving when you say "walkies"?

link   
One of my dogs won't go in the garden, the other one will. The one that seems to be afraid of the garden, will go to the toilet there, but he won't spend any time playing with the other dog. He flattens his ears, tail between the legs and scarpers indoors. The one that does go in the garden is new, from a rescue home, so he's probably just delighted to have a garden. i see no reason for Mr Tyler to be afraid. He used to play out there. Something's spooked him i reckon, a rat or maybe a badger or fox. (or a 9 foot alien, massive fangs with slime dripping from them)

link   
Do you by any chance live in an area with a lot of horseflies? My dog is petrified of them and they seem to be abundant right now...maybe they got bit and don't want to cross paths with them again!!!

link   
No problem with my Basset Hound Moses here in northern Indiana. Mike ask the questions that I too would like to know. It usually takes something pretty drastic to change a trained dog. Looking forward to more info.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
hmmmmm, interesting.

I kinda doubt there is any correlation to your pup's experience, but our cat has taken the same *cough* stance.

He lost his littermate a few weeks ago -- she got in a catfight and broke her leg. I flew her to the big island here in the Caribbean, but alas her wound we septic very quickly and the vets couldn't save her.

We usually bring the cats in at night (most dangerous time) and keep them in until morning. Prior to this, neither on of them used their litterbox much. The past week, the lil' boycat has insisted upon doing his business inside, requiring a second litterbox since he won't do his biz in a box that has more than two "offerings", and seems like late at night is his preferred time......

I post this at this risk of being identified as a person who is jumping on a bandwagon of identifying patterns that might not correlate. Frankly, I was a bit surprised to see your thread.

So there it is.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It is possible there is a predator in your neighborhood marking its territory. Do they have problems just being outside, or just going to the bathroom outside?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In the 'End Times' it's written animals will 'revolt' against their owners.

*Looks around sheepishly* - Hey, you asked for theories!

'End Times': When Animals Attack!

peace

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have 2 dogs and about a month or a little more ago the bigger one got to where he didn't want to go outside to go anymore.

I've only lived here about 6 months, and the yard he has to use is quite smaller than the ones he's been used to.

I honestly figured that he had filled the yard, or taken all the "good spots" and if he couldn't go where he wanted, he'd just go in the house.

I've stopped taking him in the yard, and let him go elsewhere and he hasn't had any problems since.

I don't know what type of dogs you have, or the size of the yard, but try letting them find a new spot. Maybe thats all they need.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I guess that would have a point if the dogs were revolting instead of just not going to the bathroom outside.

Maybe they are just practicing civil disobedience. And staging # ins.

EDIT: Aww the jokes kinda lost when the profanity filter murders the punch line.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well then I propose we use your geese as the "canary in the coal mine" When you post that they are attacking you I will then start adding the armor plating to my old volvo station wagon in preperation for the "Road Warrior" scenerio.

-
TO Lonegunman,

Im curious as to your location, and if you have had predator problems in the past, I would think though that if it was a predator that the dogs would instinctually WANT to go remark thier own territory.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
my 2 year old pit in montana wont go out side either we put him out over 12 times each day and he will insist on going downstairs and pooping in the guest room only animals around us that we see are deer and turkeys and i dobut hes afraid of them and its also a day night thing he dosent care he just wants to poop in the house and seems scared of the outside kinda odd for a 110 pound pitbull.....where you located?

edited to say hes gone after elephant seals in calfiornia and seems to not be afraid of most creatures he runs into so i dont think its a fear of a preadator but i dunno if hes delt with what preadators are out here b4 just freaks me out to see him looking terrified to walk out side to drop a dog biscut

[edit on 2-8-2010 by KilrathiLG]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't have any dogs anymore. I like dogs.

My wife has two cats. I hate cats. Cats seem to like me. I hate them even more for that.

One of her cats stopped eliminating in his litter box. For this, I wish that I could eliminate him.

He seems to prefer eliminating in places where my feet normally go when I get up in the middle of the night to PEE!

There is a conspiracy theory that Chinese restaurants use meat from cats in their dishes. Is this true?

I have always wondered about those things wrapped in foil on a pupu platter. They are unlike any meat I have ever eaten before.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It would help to know when this started? Was it sudden or gradual?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Reading some of these posts - well - it's getting spooky. And that was before I read KilrathiLG last one about the 110 pit going his 'business' in the guest room.

I dunno, there is either a lot of serendipity going on - or there's more to this than any of us know. And there is, a lot of variables and unknowns such as age, sexual maturity, outside influences, etc, but still!

Oh and Meathead my 'Juicy' goose (the female) poked pinched me in the eye and gave me a shiner. (A very small one, but still).
I was going to post about it in the 'other' thread but, I wasn't sure I could sneak it by you...

And ThaLoccster your 'joke' will definitely go down in the ATS Hall of Fame quotes for 2010...

peace

Edit - code

[edit on 2-8-2010 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've got three dogs and I did notice that none of them want to spend any time outdoors this year. Normally, they want to be outside most of the day. I figure it's just too hot and humid outside and I don't blame them one bit. They haven't done their business in the house though. That would be bad. Very bad.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I also wonder about the location you're in, is it around farmland that may have had anything ever in the soil. In my province there has been cases of anthrax (the fairly safe, non fatal biological kind from cattle), and it has sickened animals in the past. No where near me thankfully. Every case that comes up gets announced province wide thru the news. Any spraying of anything that's gone on? Pesticides, mosquito spraying?

Any humming, buzzing, or weird frequencies in the air?

Are your dogs small? If so, are there large birds around, or other predators?

Do you go outside with them? It might make them feel safer if predators are an issue. I have to go out with my Shihtzu, because he can fit thru the fence, and we have lots of predators. As long as he at least pees outside (every 2 hours), I bring him back in. Dogs are easy to get to pee on command, but impossible to get them to poop on command.

I have 2 large dogs that never make "mistakes" in the house, but my Shihtzu has decided to do his solid business next to the cat's litter box downstairs.
They are the same size, so I think that he think's he's part cat.

edit: because I really have a hard time spelling that dog breed. I keep forgetting the second h and am auto censored..

[edit on 2-8-2010 by snowspirit]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join