It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dogs this past month have stopped eliminating outside

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Over the years my family and I have owned many pets of all kinds. It is a rule of thumb in my family that if the animals are acting strange. There is something up. Animals can sense things we can't. Remember that it could save your life some day. It did mine. If your dogs are afraid to go outside there is a very good reason for it. So keep your eyes and your mind wide open.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Whoa, what a GORGEOUS dog, Maldronath!! (& a precious little girl, too!!)

Well, I have 8. Everybody seems to want to go outside every 10 minutes, whether it's time or not. We use Shake Away (granulated Fox & Coyote urine) to try & keep our possums, skunks & raccoons out of the backyard, & it doesn't faze the dogs. (knock on wood for the other critters)

I haven't heard of anything like this here in South Texas. I am inclined toward the electronic anti animal/ anti bark device idea. Maybe one that has been stuck away in a garage & is malfunctioning in some way that's freaking them out? Or could there be a dead animal near you. Have you seen any hawks or vultures? (some dogs would want to roll around in that)
It could also be changes in food/ meds/ routine. Dogs are often partners in crime, so if 1 of them does something, the other could be joining in.

I trust dogs' judgement/ intuition implicitly. There may BE something (maybe a snake or an owl, etc) that they fear. I would stay right with them when they go out. (personally, I'd also at least take a broom jic or maybe a hoe) Look for holes in your yard that might indicate snakes. (chipmunks also make holes that look like snake holes. They are so fast, I can imagine that dogs might be afraid of them).

For goodness sake, don't feed them anything they aren't used to eating successfully until they get past this!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I have 4 well trained dogs indoors, and your post caught my eye because they have all 4 decided in the last week to go in the house. We literally have to set them outside the door, and they try to come right back in!
This is unusual. I called my vet, she says it is the heat (we are in a heatwave, and combined with the southern humidity it is miserable). I am not completely convinced this is what is going on, because if I walk out into the middle of the yard, they will follow me, but if I act like I am going in they take off, it's more like they are scared. Weird.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I can add to this my little dog ,also started to do it in house ,after 12years telling us.she is old ,i thought it was that . one time she came and popped it right in front of us, we was gob samacked twas not to long ago, and on the living room rug., very not her .
she norm cries to go out sorta comes and tells us ,well for last 10 years she has, but now we find it in the kitchen ,worst place to ,as food is prep in kitchen..
we are uk

edit.. weather normal british damp

[edit on 8/3/2010 by dashar]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Ours are not. But It is apparent to me that something is frightening your dogs.

I would recommend going out with them OP and doing some investigative work.

Watch and observe what they sense by watching their ears for example. If they pin their ears then you'll know that it is something auditory.

Are they air sniffing at all ?

If they avoid an area after sniffing then you know they've got a mark of something they want to avoid.

On the other hand....
I don't think that it's something of the nature of that Dazer device, it clearly states that the range is 5 meters or 15 feet.

Any battery powered device is not going to be able to project very far because it is still driving a transducer (aka speaker).

It would have to be more powerful but once again watch their ears.

Also, if you recall, before the Sunami a few years ago, all of the trained elephants actually broke their chains to escape to higher elevation before the devastating sunami struck.

They apprently heard the earthquake and knew that it was time to get outta there !

And finally, you aren't on the New Madrid Fault are you ????

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Have you or anyone (city/county) sprayed or treated the area for insects, weeds or anything. Maybe chemicals of some sort? I have a friend in California whose cats act weird a day or so before an earthquake. Even the small quakes, the cats will hid and are very nervous for a day or so before.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by maldronath
I'm in the great lakes area and have several dogs. Nothing out of the ordinary going on here.
Dogs go in the yard and visitors that ring the doorbell go on the porch when they see or hear my dogs.

Spewing coffee EVERYWHERE... bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-hah!!!!

[edit on 3/8/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Thats crazy! My dog has started doing exactly the same thing, its driving me and my girlfriend mad.

I realy dont know what to do about it and for the last couple of days we have discussed taking him to the vets.

I leave him in the back garden most of the day now and he will wee as soon as i let him inside, i take him for a walk and he wont do nothing until he gets back in the house, not only that but hes urinating more than he used to and alot more than any dog iv had before.

the other night he was sat next to me on the sofa and he just wee'd him self without moving from the couch. like you it has been happening for the last few weeks to a month.

My dog is a 6 month old grey hound and we just got him toilet trained before this started happening.

Btw, i live in in east yorkshire/uk

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It would be nice if the 2-3 people citing this trouble had said where they were located. Though it was my first thought, dazers, now I am doubting it. I suspect earthquake prescience, is all. Is this all Madrid centered? Only one of you say the direction of your locale, that of being in the southern humidity.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I stated that im from the uk and i think a couple of others having the same problem are uk.

Is this just happening in england?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hi! My dog has been having slip ups her whole 5 years of age. After
being at the dog breeders she was very good about going outside, after
she had puppies we had alot of slip ups in June. Now that the puppies are
bigger she is doing much better since we take them outside 4-6 times a day and praise them heavily for their job done outside.
I've read potty training on line for dogs, and I have put her nose in the mess and given her a swat with a loud loose newpaper, it doesn't hurt but makes a point, she knows she did something wrong..... I don't know.
She really saves it all up for walks down the street. I don't always have time to do that twice a day. But we have plenty of yard and woods.
It is crazy and annoying. I think girl dogs are harder to train, boy dogs ususally wander off to the neighbors to do it. My neighbors golden retriever wanders over to our back yard to go. That dog is as huge as an elephant compared to my terrier!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My pedigree GSD will only go outside. She is very clean in this regard. She will stand at door and knock on it when she needs to go potty.

Neighbors dogs still go outside.

I think it might just be an issue with your dogs. Could be caused by many things. See a vet

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonhplayer

I stated that im from the uk and i think a couple of others having the same problem are uk.

Is this just happening in england?

Thanks~really wondering about it from an early warning standpoint. Sorry I missed the locale(s). I have seen dogs act weird before quakes. I have seen some recent 'don't want to go out' activity, rather hang near door, but it's nothing conclusive.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

its no probs, and about the earth quake we had one here about 2 years ago now i think, the only one iv ever felt where i live.

And iv just realised my mams dog isnt having any problems and she only lives 2 doors away, saying that, her dog is a bit dozy and i couldnt imagine it been atuned to anything like earth quake prediction, im sure he just wonders around thinking about where his next sniff of crotch will come from

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well I think it's settled then. ....

England is doomed.

I have four dogs, little ones. They havent went inside in a long long time, I remember when they used to though, it wouldn't be hard to find the culprit, ... I would just pretend I was mad, start yelling and look for the dog who had his tail between his legs.

... Then I would chase him around with my Nephews Lightsaber untill the lesson was full learned.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sounds like a behaviour thing?
both the dogs boys?
could be very well theyre just fighting for teratory

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

My dog is peeing inside her crate. I'm home with her and walk with her often so at most she only has to hold it for eight hours during the night. During the day she usually gets out every three to four hours. I'm an enthusiastic walker so we are outdoors a good part of the day except in extreme weather. The peeing started a couple of months ago and the vet could find no infection or scalding to indicate the issue is hormonal. She has tapered off on this though. It was really ramping up right around the time we got hit with the unprecedented quake in MD. She does go outdoors too. That didn't change. It's just that the peeing indoors was new to us. The cats seem to be having more accidents outside the litterbox too. We are getting all carpet taken up next month and replaced with laminate and tile. It certainly is odd. I'm sorry to hear others have to go through this too. It's a real pain to deal with.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
reply to post by silo13

I guess that would have a point if the dogs were revolting instead of just not going to the bathroom outside.

Maybe they are just practicing civil disobedience. And staging # ins.

EDIT: Aww the jokes kinda lost when the profanity filter murders the punch line.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by ThaLoccster]

I got a good giggle on that punch line so the censor didn't affect it much.
Hey Silo, I thought Hopi prophecy said the animals would try to communicate with us during these times. Sure it's not a visual graphic describing our state of affairs?
There are a lot of these sayings/prophecies like that for the so-called End Times.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

My dog is peeing inside her crate. I'm home with her and walk with her often so at most she only has to hold it for eight hours during the night. During the day she usually gets out every three to four hours. I'm an enthusiastic walker so we are outdoors a good part of the day except in extreme weather. The peeing started a couple of months ago and the vet could find no infection or scalding to indicate the issue is hormonal. She has tapered off on this though. It was really ramping up right around the time we got hit with the unprecedented quake in MD. She does go outdoors too. That didn't change. It's just that the peeing indoors was new to us. The cats seem to be having more accidents outside the litterbox too. We are getting all carpet taken up next month and replaced with laminate and tile. It certainly is odd. I'm sorry to hear others have to go through this too. It's a real pain to deal with.

OK not good. Dogs usually do not doo in their crates unless they were abandoned in one or 'milled' which is common.
My cats died within a few months from each other, they were from the same litter and pretty old. This was more than 3 months since the last one died, but they had cancer. They both were incontinent the last month or two before passing. (No Pun Intended!) Not being an alarmist, but have you guys all had them checked out? Blood work and all?
Just an idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Interesting thread which really caught my attention. I have been observing the exact same behavior with my cat who is free to go in or outdoors via a cat door. He never preferred the litter box and would almost always do his business outside but now in the same time frame that the OP describes - the last month he will only use the litter box. I had been wondering about this myself for the past few weeks as it is a dramatic departure from his usual habits. I'm in South Western USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join