It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Daylight "Ufo" sighting July2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
I took a screen shot of one of his freeze frames and did a zoom. It gets a bit pixeled if zoomed anymore, but this is kind of interesting.

Angels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fandango! LOL

I see a Halo a red one nah nevermind! LOL

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

flares don't fly upward through cloud cover.

It isn't flying upwards.

It's flying away from the camera.

I personally don't think it's a flare either, I think it could be an object at high altitude reflecting sunlight.

Like a plane.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I know about Parachute Flares ! a few say back in early 90s Former Marine

They can last about 3 to 5 minutes tops and the descent to at least 100ft ! you can hear the crackle hiss sound
mostly they are used to Illuminate the areas of the enemy or for a SOS signal & location drop

this Object from what the OP shows no Smoke in the video i see no Chute but Its way up there .. so i cant tell..

is wind maybe carting it around ? but its moving Very slowly like a Parachute flare .... it is in fact questionable this video the OP Posted ..

This is a Parachute Flare

Where hes something different

some youths catches this at night in Tennessee flares ? maybe Helicopters investigate something ? Ufos , Military night Helicopter Practice Maneuvers using long lasting parachute flares maybe or are they Ufos hmm One said its near a Airport at the end of the vid.
the Problem i have on this one is they are staying to long for flares..

from the Youtube poster

May 20th 10:30pm (ish), glowing lights appear in the sky. Some move. Some appear out of nowhere. Some move vertically or horizontally. Half a dozen helicopters fly around and near the glowing lights. This video is spreading like wildfire among the various online communities. Military verterans are saying these lights are in no-way related to flares whatsoever. That it is impossible for these lights to be flares. rrorrimruoy says: FLARES!?!?!?!LMFAOI served in the Marine Corps for four years active duty and have seen plenty of flares my friend and those ARE NOT flares. For one they do not sit for that longthey move and they have a trail. You know when you see a flare or flares. LOLflareshow about some swamp gas tooLOL Peace May 22, 8:15 PM

as i was in the Marine's Also I have to agree but i was in 20 years ago..
so the Technology Advanced in Flares..so im not sure what they have now

Hundreds see UFOs over city - Helicopters Investigate

I like this one ?
www.youtube.com...

Speaking of Montana

well if you people have NOT seen what i posted in other threads about the
Montana 1950 UFO incident military Air force & Navy later confirmed after claiming it was Jet Glare then took a second look saying its not a Bird , Plane(aircraft) or a Balloon

here it is again (edit ) I just noticed the Op Posted this already

1950 montana & 1952 Utah UFO Film (Extended Analysis)

almost 60 years later well similar anyways

UFO - Montana, USA, November 6, 2009
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Wolfenz] for grammer spelling putting the right words in etc..

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Interesting video! Good find Yig!

The light does have the movement of a parachute flare (sorry!) as seen in the following video:

.....BUT the montana video light seems to descend longer than a flare would, although my knowledge on flares is not extensive.

One thing that interests me. Can anyone hear in the montana video that strange mechanical cracking sound, a bit like gunshots, but not quite like gunshots early in the video onwards?

Could be someone firing a flare gun or mortar....in daytime? Near an airport? Why?

I'm going to do some research into this. I'll get back to you on what I find.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by PsychoX42

flares don't fly upward through cloud cover.

It isn't flying upwards.

It's flying away from the camera.

I personally don't think it's a flare either, I think it could be an object at high altitude reflecting sunlight.

Like a plane.

that's what I was thinking. It seemed to travel on the same path and speed when it was above the camera. When it was moving away, it seemed to stop, like a plane would if it was traveling away from you on a straight path. Lots of commercial planes are shiny silver in color, so they would mirror the sunlight that is obviously present. (reflecting off the clouds too)

Great footage, and very steady camera work. When this guy catches something other than a plane, he will be a hero to us all.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midyew
I myself am in Montana, Western MT a little more precisely. I have seen these objects aswell. I don't believe they are flares, or any sort of air traffic because with my sightings it was moving south while large cloud formations were moving north. As the obect moved south and intercepted the north moving clouds and soon went behind the clouds, It never came out even when the clouds were miles to the north.

Edit to add: I had no camera at the time of sighting, but at least for me, knowing someone else in MT has seen it too, makes me feel a sort of relief. Kind of like a " I'm not crazy" sort of relief.

I can identify with your feelings of "I'm not crazy..." and the relief you must feel when someone else shares a similar experience.

As for cloud movement...

I have observed cumulonimbus clouds move steady in one direction... and then lower cloud formations move in the opposite direction... simultaneously. It usually happens in my area when severe weather is fast approaching and tornadoes are in the forcast. So something buoyant being carried by conflicting weather patterns (updrafts etc.) is always a possibility.

I'm still thinking FLARES. Maybe they're testing a new generation of parachute flares... that last longer than the last generation. Just throwing other possibilities out there.

[edit on 3/8/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I would be interested to hear if the person who videoed this UFO lives near the Montana-Wyoming border.

I might have found something possibly relevant to the case if they do.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

It's already been posted that they're near Helena, MT.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hmm. There's a national park in that vicinity.

Well, I found a big fireworks shop on the Montana-Wyoming border on Youtube, which sells among other things, parachutes (flares, I think).

Could be nothing, but I'll throw it out there in case it could be relevant.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jonjanderson

There is only one good answer for that air quality. Less pollution and cleaner air makes me want to move their from where I am in Georgia.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here are some pics that I thought I would share.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e2b2c41efc1b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd323581c472.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3033f683aa2.jpg[/atsimg]

Here are three different pics of flares at different times of the day. Notice that with each of these flares you can see a smoke trail and in the OP you do not see any smoke trails. So if these are flares they do not have a smoke trail at all I am pretty sure most flares do have them. Parachute flares are no exception. I would doubt that a smokeless flare was used.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

I posted some pics above that has a screen shot of the flare in your video there is one thing that you may have missed. This flare shows a smoke trail that you can see as it gets lower.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

In the video you posted of Flares over Kokomo I did not see anything about these being parachute flares. It does not say it in the description or in the comments . Question for you how do you know these are a parachute flare? I see it says military flares but nothing about parachute flares.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I cant help but wonder why noone has actually taken this picture of the close up and explained exactly Why it is a flare. I mean if someone could point out the flare part, the chute, the smoke etc. I might be able to see it better. I just feel like some people are ignoring this for some odd reason.

Seems to me there is a lot to actually look at in this photo.

So a little help from those that know please?

While you folks do that, Ill go see if I can capture whatever it was that flew across that someone mentioned a while back!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is it possible that this may be linked to the Global Strike Program ? These particular tests took place at the end of June, but very well could be minutemen 3 test firings. Living in Fla my whole life I can say that sure as hell strongly resembles a rocket launch after its primary ascent stage is jettisonned. Would explain the puffs of smoke at the beginning.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ok folks , this is what I came up with for something flying across the screen. I am guessing most will say birds, but they are moving very very fast, IE., they crossed the frame in about a half a second. I did the best I could at getting a couple screen shots, and I took some fraps video as well.

This is the video with the screenshots added too it:

in case video doesn't work:
Montana video edited

and these are the screen shots themselves. Like I said they are moving so fast it is pretty much a blur, but it definitely look like two objects. Rods maybe?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Is it possible that this may be linked to the Global Strike Program ? These particular tests took place at the end of June, but very well could be minutemen 3 test firings. Living in Fla my whole life I can say that sure as hell strongly resembles a rocket launch after its primary ascent stage is jettisonned. Would explain the puffs of smoke at the beginning.

If that is the case, how long are those known to burn? Also, would they change direction and rise up again?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Exactly. Like I initially said, if they wanted to go the conventional route, then the guy who filmed this clearly states that he heard the sound of a chopper warming up. So, more than likely, we could easily make that assessment. Chopper or a plane. But, for God's sake, I've seen far too many aircraft, and flares to know that there is no way that this thing even closely resembles a flare.

Truly, I don't know what it was, but, common sense automatically rules out the flare idea.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

No, I didn't NEED to do anything. However, when a statement comes in that is so unbelievably without merit that it alters the direction of the thread itself, then someone should point out its lack of validity so that the thread can move forward. Could I have been nicer...yes. But, I chose the route that I did for a specific reason. And...I even apologized to him for my rudeness. However, I could see no other path, because even now...people are still throwing the flare idea around as if it were an option.

Take a look, we've got 3-4 pages dedicated to people arguing whether this was a flare or not, as opposed to figuring out the real origin of this craft. It just so happened that he was one of the first to answer the thread, which, is one of the first things people will see when they enter this. To me, there's a problem when a person can demonstrate such a lack of knowledge about anything, or have such a low skill for observation, and yet, they feel educated enough to apply their two-cents. Well, ultimately, anyone can respond and give their opinion. They have that right. But, on the flip end of that same token, I also have a right to respond how I choose.

Regardless, you got what you wanted in the end. The post was removed due to SOMEONE complaining, and the world continues to spin.

By the way, I never implied that this was an alien UFO. I merely call it unidentified in general.

Peace to you and yours.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
As far as I am aware it is unusual to release one flare at a time, normally they are released in clusters or in a series.

Has anyone phoned the airport or the military bases?
Has anyone looked in local newspapers etc?

It does seem to burn longer than normal for a flare.

I too thought it was most likely to be a reflection of something but then it seems to fly in to the cloud itself, would a reflection do that?

[edit on 3/8/10 by Freeborn]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join