It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Daylight "Ufo" sighting July2010

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

This is an interesting possibility. Do they stay so bright for so long? It should be possible to locate information on these kinds of tests? Also; is it over a residential type area? I m hoping they dont do this over cities. Do the jettisoned stages descend at this rate? Are there silos in the area?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Just thought I would let you folks know that I got a reply from our orignal video taker. I asked him a couple questions about the wind and where these going with or against the wind. etc. I also asked him about the banging in the background.

Here is his reply and I think this should clear up the flare theory. They dont go against the wind do they? Don't think so....

Anyways my camera was facing north west, the prevailing winds blow from west to east. I dont believe there was any wind at the time of video. At first i thought it was falling down but it eventually went west away from me so if there was any wind it was going against it. And i got my password to work last night and i went and looked at the site. I appreciated how a few liked and even defended my video. I also noted a few not ready for the truth yet. The bangin you can hear was one of my neighbors working in his garage. Hope that answers your questions, take care

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

Perhaps you can ask him if his neighbour can verify what he has stated.

If I had seen something like that I would have given my neighbour a shout!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Perhaps you can ask him if his neighbour can verify what he has stated.

If I had seen something like that I would have given my neighbour a shout!

come on Free, and then you are going to want someone to verify the neighbor verified it? I am not going to get that pushy with this guy. He is taking time to be patient and answer my questions as it is. I personally choose to respect the guys integrity. He says he has been seeing these for over 5 years. Maybe his neighbor has too and it is old hat to him by now, or maybe they don't get along or whatever. He did call out to his wife, girlfriend, friend sister, whomever, and they did come to join him. You can hear them in the background as well.

I dont recall asking you if you verified that you called the base in England did I? I am taking your word that you did. I really don't see the difference, nor what difference it would make with the video at hand in the long run.

Yes I realize that can be argued, so I will say this, his video is public on youtube. If you want the answer that bad, message him yourself.

Pardon me if I came across a little abrupt, I certainly didn't mean too.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

This looks like a blurred video of a helicopter. I can't beleive how many people on this site will sell their soul and imediately believe things are UFO's based of of a video.
A camera footage, no matter what quality, is not as good as being there in person and taking the footage and asuming it is how it looked with the naked eye is stupidity. YOU CAN CLEARY SEE ITS BLURRED!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No problem.

Would have been a natural reaction from me but it's not that important.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought

This looks like a blurred video of a helicopter. I can't beleive how many people on this site will sell their soul and imediately believe things are UFO's based of of a video.
A camera footage, no matter what quality, is not as good as being there in person and taking the footage and asuming it is how it looked with the naked eye is stupidity. YOU CAN CLEARY SEE ITS BLURRED!!!!

Can you please explain to me how this is a "Blurred Helicopter?" I think someone thought it was a plane too. Just draw me a picture of how you come to that conclusion and I will hush. In other words, prove it is a blurred Helicopter. I think I kind of have my close to proof that it isnt. This is a closeup, and after watching the video a lot, I have noticed that this "Object" stays pretty much in this position. Call me crazy, but I really dont see a Helicopter or a plane. I dont claim to know what I do see, but I dont see those.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I will gladly explain it to you. And I am not saying it is 100% a helicopter, Im just saying it is more than likely in my opinion.

(1) Find helicopter with its lights on flying over (and I believe based on the blinking lights it is)

(2) Film helicopter, BUT don't zoom all the way in. You now have blury blinking object.

(3) Capture a still of video and open with paint

(4) Pro claim the blured screen shot is something it ain't

All IM saying is a video is NEVER what you see with the naked eye and basing everything on an obviously blurred one is juvenile.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

does the object in question move like a plane throughout the video? IE. constant speed. Your blow up does look cool, but with the heavy pixilation, I would assume a plane with the sun shining off of it would look the same. I would have to re-create the same environment to prove that theory though.

I would like to find proof, or even real good video of something, but after being on this site for a while, you get to see so much fluff, that you become very skeptical of things that look an awful lot like something else. When you have an object being filmed that moves like a plane, is real hight up in the air, like a plane, and shiny, like a plane....you tend to think, plane.

I would not discourage anyone from putting a video like this out for discussion, it was a real good honest effort. Not a fake or obvious hoax at all. Please don't take my opinion as slamming your thread or the video. I just wish it would have changed direction, or zipped out of sight, or did a flip or something that nothing else could have done.

but maybe I am an idiot and it's not a plane. I was wrong once before.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There are Minutemen 3 missile silos all over Montana, North Dakota and surrounding areas. As for the brightness, yes. Most rockets take around 8 minutes or so to reach orbit. How ever if they were testing MM 3 by having NORAD tracking it, it may have had a slightly less vertical angle. Vandenburg AFB is the base doing the Global Strike Program testing, however NORAD has been known to hold readiness exercises with the MM3 silos. They generally don't announce them, though they do notify parties that might mistake the test as an aggressive move on our part.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

i really feel i must point something out about wind and air currents, they are not uniform and just because there is no apparent wind at ground level does not mean theres is no wind or air currents at a different altitude and also the video can be deceiving because if the object is descending from a reasonably high altitude away from the camera it can give the impression that its travelling much faster then it actually is, in my opinion i dont think it disappears into the cloud, i think it just burns out!.

thanks

rich

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Watch this video and then tell me how you feel about your UFO.

www.youtube.com...

It is a little long, but worth it to prove a point about blury videos.

2:49 is the majic moment

[edit on 3-8-2010 by sensible thought]

[edit on 3-8-2010 by sensible thought]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hmmm ok, I went back and made a new clip of how it starts, flies, stops, changes direction, and disappears. The one thing I didn't do is show that it reappeared, but anyone can see that if they watch the video till the end. I was only trying to show how it couldn't be a airplane with the direction change basically.

One other thing I am wondering about is why if he says he is looking northwest and it is pretty clear the sun is setting, why is this object so bright on the southeast side?

I also think if it was a helicopter, it would have shown itself better somewhere in the video even if it was for a moment. The rotors or shape or something.

Anyhow here is the movement of it. I dont claim to be a pro and as much time as I have put into this today, I wish it was my job!

in case video doesnt work:
Montana ufo movement edited

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
There are Minutemen 3 missile silos all over Montana, North Dakota and surrounding areas. As for the brightness, yes. Most rockets take around 8 minutes or so to reach orbit. How ever if they were testing MM 3 by having NORAD tracking it, it may have had a slightly less vertical angle. Vandenburg AFB is the base doing the Global Strike Program testing, however NORAD has been known to hold readiness exercises with the MM3 silos. They generally don't announce them, though they do notify parties that might mistake the test as an aggressive move on our part.

Thank you for that information djvexd, I m not american and so am not that familiar with where defense installations are and how they are deployed (for tests, readiness as you say etc.) and so find this to be interesting. It is also interesting that they are not announced to the public. I believe you mentioned that you had seen one before - did this vid look like that?

I should mention that at this point I don't know what this vid is of - still seems a genuine unidentified.
(As a side note I am wondering if Mr. Oberg has seen this - I d be curious to see his response)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That's an awfully bright flare, if I'm judging the distance correctly. Do parachute flares burn that brightly? Because if they did, and correct me if I'm wrong, but one that is that bright would probably catch the parachute on fire.

And if it is indeed a parachute flare...where's the parachute? And why light a flare if the parachute is working? Isn't a parachute flare supposed to be lit if there's a problem and the parachute doesn't fully deploy or something like that, which would mean that the light would be moving much faster?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensible thought

A UFO is an "Unidentified Flying Object". That's what it stands for. It doesn't necessarily mean that it is an alien spacecraft. It just means that it is an object, in the sky, that appears to be flying, and we don't know what it is, which is exactly what is shown in the video. It is an object, in the sky, that appears to be flying, and we don't know what it is. Hence, UFO.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tylerdurden89

check out some videos on parachute flares, they do burn extremely brightly and at a high temperature but the brightness can depend on its chemical composition and not just its heat, heat and light are two different things, also the parachutes on those things are extremely hard to see even at a short distance, they are not very big and are usually white.

thanks

rich

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Thanks for all the work you've been putting into this thread and being logical and open minded about it. Regarding your most recent video and the object dropping in, I'm not sold on exactly what to make of the 3 puffs and if it actually drops in. I agree with another poster that air currents move differently at different altitudes so your observation of it moving against the prevailing wind at ground level may not be important. The appearance of the object stopping could be interpreted in a few ways. Personally I perceive it to mean that it's moving away from the camera and not actually stopping. That could be used for or against some of the opinions that have been presented so far. If the object is moving away from the camera then the perception of it disappearing could be just that. The light seems to slowly and consistently fade away suggesting that too.

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
One other thing I am wondering about is why if he says he is looking northwest and it is pretty clear the sun is setting, why is this object so bright on the southeast side?

I had questioned the same thing when I initially posted. It doesn't seem correct to me and don't think I've seen the issue addressed although I could've missed a comment.

I'm still undecided what we're looking at here. I don't think it's a helicopter. For one thing, the narrator says he hears a helicopter warming up near the end of the video, after filming the object for a few minutes. If this was the only video from the youtube poster I would consider it more likely explanation but he has many other ones. I question why a person would record almost 3 dozen videos of helicopters. In one of them he even states you can hear a helicopter or plane, I forget which. It is heard which implies he knows what aircraft sound like and how to differentiate them.

I don't think it's a flare, especially with the pictures someone posted showing them having a trail of smoke, something that's clearly missing in any part of the video. The different air currents at varying altitudes could possible account for a flare apparently changing directions I suppose but I'm not sold on the flare idea. Someone mentioned smokeless flares, could anyone with knowledge elaborate on them and when and why they're used?

Check out some of his other videos to either prove or disprove something. I think an opportunity is being missed by not looking at these as a comparison of some sort and to confirm that this isn't a one time event. The multitude of videos from this location shows that there's something that's unexplained here and occurs on a frequent basis. The nearby airport and military base suggest to me that it's something explainable but I haven't seen swayed yet as to what it could be. It does appear to be a UFO hot spot of some sort. And just cause people say UFO doesn't imply it's alien but rather that it's UNIDENTIFIED.

Edit to ask yigsstarhouse what software you're using to capture or download youtube videos?

[edit on 8/4/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Hey there Three_Moons, Im glad someone is following along with all the details! I, like you, wish some of these question would be addressed also. sigh....
Anyhow I thought I had posted somewhere what I was using. Sorry, I have been using "Fraps." It is a pretty easy program to use. Then I just move the captures into windows movie maker. lol Im hardly a professional, but at least I am trying!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

you should watch some more videos of parachute flares, they usually give off an initial smoke trail on launch just like the little bit of smoke that appears at the start but dont leave a noticeable trail once they are fully deployed and floating, its already been shown early in the thread that some can burn for almost 7 minutes which fits with this video.

in my opinion he catches it just after its initial launch and films it just long enough until it burns out, the wind and air currents as well as the descent and it moving away from the camera are making it look deceptive.

ive fired off many parachute flares as a kid and they can travel quite far if caught up in a slight breeze or air current, my mum and dad took over a pub when i was younger which used to belong to a trawlerman, he left a big sack of them in the back shed, great for bonfire night!. lol.

what also makes me suspicious about this video is that he is just sat ready for this thing with his video camera like he knew it was going to happen and hes also very calm and doesn't seem bothered or perplexed at all which leads me to believe that this had been going on for a while, maybe military or something had been firing a few off throughout the day or its something that happens on a regular basis.

again these are just my opinions and i could be wrong!!! lol.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join