It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Daylight "Ufo" sighting July2010

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Very interesting! Thanks. It's good to compare the stills, nice work.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

I have to say what others have said....it does look like an Angel, more specifically, a fairy that somebody would put on top of their Christmas tree, the body being cone-shaped.

I do remember reading a story about a sighting of an Angel UFO or something spotted in the sky some years ago.....I'm going to looking for that.

Excellent video editing work as always Yig*! Did you get my U2U?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hi fellow ATS members!

I'm not new to the site but I thought I could give my opinion on some threads, mainly because I spent all my 36 years growing up & working in & around the Salibury plains which is a military area of Southern England.

I have seen many threads where flares are blamed & most are very likely but this post in my eyes in most certainly not a flare. They rarely travel that far in my experience & burn out fairly quickly hence more than one is usually used. Ok the commentary said there were 2. Also they often flicker & travel along the same heading/level give or take but would have thought the 2 being filmed would be close enough to each other to both remain in frame, especially at distance.

It almost looked like there were 2 lights on this object. Would be great if anyone else saw it.

Interesting video.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Isn't the Salisbary Plains roughly where Stonehenge is? Did the video take place in your area? Why are there so man military installations around Stonehenge?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
No the video was taken in the US but I was explaining that I spent my life around military bases & training grounds so have seen a lot of flares.

Stonehenge just happens to be on the plains of which are perfect for a lot of maneuvers but yes, stonehenge is only a few miles from Larkhill's danger zone. i.e. live firing.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Thanks for the info! You're video editing skill are functional and that's what's important here. We don't need fancy effects to distract, just facts and information.

reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

I took your advice but couldn't find anything to convince me either way. The few I found were short and I saw trails further on their decent. I read about the long burn flares and understand the time frame fits. Regarding your suspicions, he mentioned he's seen them many time before and was pleased to finally capture one so he probably had his camera ready and waiting. I certainly consider military or something at the airport since it's been occurring for a while.

The one thing that kept bothering about the video was that with the close ups you couldn't really get a feel for the path of the object. I tried to rectify this by capturing some stills and making a composite picture. It is NOT perfect but at least gives an idea of the trajectory. I plotted some points by referencing anything I could and also included the times in reference to the video.

I'm just throwing some more information out here that could be used for or against anything but did make a few more observations. It follows a slightly inverse curve for the majority of time until 5:02 when it changes direction and either fades away or goes behind the cloud. In my mind, it infers something gently falling through the air which then gets into a different air current and changes direction. (Maybe the angel wings acted as a sail
)

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Looks to me like a marking flare for optical reference training.
Though I could be very wrong as well. It does however give off a light based on heat, the glare of a mechanical light would be constant while this gave off flare ups and wafting.

Optical Reference Flares are used by military snipers in their training stages to learn wind depth and size variations whilst preparing a shot. This is plausible for the length of time because the trainees need time to learn and the flares last for around 10 mins and the chemicals cause a blue(cyan)/orange flame as opposed to a red/orange flame

Or it could be angels!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hey folks, sorry I have been quiet, have to work sometime, sadly my editing skills don't pay the bills!

The thing I want to say now is about the poster of these video. I have spent a little time on his you tube page and it seems he has been tracking things for awhile now. I know somebody mentioned this before. I think it is important.

Now granted most of his work has been caught with night vision, but he has caught some pretty interesting things to be sure. He seems sound and familiar with his surroundings.

I believe as he mentioned he has seen these lights of interest a few times before he captured this video. I believe that is why he was prepared for this.

Now Im sure a lot of you, as well as myself wish he had focused on the second light even if it was for a moment, just so we could see it, but alas, Im sure that falls under hindsight.

Im also pretty sure it took him a moment to realize they were back, or "it" was back, to get to his camera, which is why we missed the "beginning" of the show. That would be true for any of us.

I just think if you take a look at some of the other things he has caught on video, you would be pretty sure he wouldn't take the time to film a "flare,"much less in daylight, at least not on purpose.He has no reason too really.

For the record I am by no means trying to promote someones site, I only just met this person myself because of this video, and, he has been a perfect gentleman in trying to answer my questions. I just think if you take a look at his other captures it might help some of the perspective here. Things are definitely going on around his home.

So here is the link. I think you can find your way from there!

commandorando123's Other Videos

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

hi yig, quote from you : "For the record I am by no means trying to promote someones site, I only just met this person myself because of this video, and, he has been a perfect gentleman in trying to answer my questions. I just think if you take a look at his other captures it might help some of the perspective here. Things are definitely going on around his home."

sorry but i totally disagree with this, just look up alison kruse, billy meier, the cottingley fairys and many threads on this site, people can, will and do film/photograph allsorts of things with all different degrees of intentions, and from past experience of looking up these things in my opinion the "believer" types start to see everything as proof of e.t and many of them will and do purposely misrepresent or outright hoax things to try to prove something is going on!, even some of the nicest and usually most honest people can, will and do make hoaxes for allsorts of reasons, usually attention or money related, and again i quote the cottingly fairy photos, those nice ladies carried that hoax on well into their old age!.

ive also noticed that quite a lot don't seem to even have a basic understanding of science, logic and reasoning, and again you only have to look at the many threads that are posted on this forum on a daily basis that are nothing but balloons and planes and other mundane objects.

and again i don't mean everyone and every thread!!!.

another problem that i have with this video that also seems to be a major problem with many others is that its obviously filmed in a populated and reasonably busy area so how come it hasn't turned into a major sighting thats been reported by many if its something out of the ordinary?.

again just my opinion but i think this is nothing more than a military flare, and everything thats been brought up has convinced me even more, so far ive not seen or read anything that can discount that theory, but also ive seen or read nothing that supports any other theory so far.

thanks

rich

[edit on 5-8-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
another problem that i have with this video that also seems to be a major problem with many others is that its obviously filmed in a populated and reasonably busy area so how come it hasn't turned into a major sighting thats been reported by many if its something out of the ordinary?.

That's a very valid point you bring up that I hadn't thought of. I can be difficult to persuade and lean more towards staying open minded until more proof than others need. I have said since the beginning there's probably a logical explanation, especially with the airport and military nearby. I wish there were more debaters like you here that don't try to bash their thoughts onto other but simply speak their mind in a civil way.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

thanks, i always open every thread with an open mind, but i always try to take everything into account including the context and area of the video and the behaviour of the people.

i believe that other intelligent life exists in this vast universe but im yet to be convinced that we've been visited although i wouldn't rule it out and id love it to be true!.

i definitely dont believe that we are constantly visited because it doesn't make logical sense that beings would create such tech and constantly send craft to just fly about and then go home, surely if we had so many visits they would have made contact or at least we would have real evidence by now, almost everyone carries a cellphone with video/photo ability and we have the net but yet still all we have is some dodgy or explainable video/photos.

thanks

rich

[edit on 5-8-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Living within walking distance of Simmons air field at Fort Bragg NC, I see flares nearly every night and day. I love watching them them, kinda like watching a fish tank. There are all different colors, and types.

Having seen so many, I still can't pin point the the type of flare some propose this object to be. I have seen my (and probably your) share of parachute flares, and this ain't it. If this is a parachute flare, they surely didn't pull it out of the bargain bin because this would be the longest lived flare I have seen to date.

Also, the sound from the plane should out live the flare. I didn't hear a plane in the video... and if it were the chopper that our camera man heard, the chopper would have either been in the camera shot or atleast within good audio range for the camera as choppers aren't very fast compared to a free falling flare.

Just my experiences...

Edit to add...

i am in no way saying this is extraterestrial, I have just not seen a parachute flare with this type of longevity

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Haiku]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I'm late to this one, and confess I haven't pored over every page, but I have some concerns about this video.. and its source. First up, it looks very interesting, and I truly hope it is something worthwhile. If it's real footage, I would put the chances at maybe 80% some sort of craft, eg chopper (or alien ufo of course!), and 20% flare. The motion is just a bit too stable to be a flare, although it *could* be very 'smooth' wind conditions..

However... A look at his youtube history shows a LOT of similar videos, and one in particular, namely v=N2oMKhs_jQo , is really bugging me - I'd like to show it to a more-video-savvy expert than me before commenting further. Anyone else with CGI experience is invited to take a look at that one - especially at the first part, I draw your attention to the motion blur (or lack of it, in one area only!)... hmmmmmmmmmm.

And there is something else. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here, if so I apologise if I'm being er... duplicatory ad hominem...
And I also feel a little uneasy bringing it up, as no-one is guilty by association... but....

The video author is part of a group called W.I.S.A. - the highly impressive sounding World Infrared Sky Alliance.

And the other key members?

* Alison Kruse (seingUFOsPA).

* Jose Escamilla (who appears to be the founder).

* Cary Martynuik (LunaCognita).

* Martyn Stubbs (secretnasaman).

Oh dear. I kid you not. And yes, that's the Jose Escamilla of the John Lenard Walson / Gridkeeper / F.A.S.T. fake video debacle, amongst MANY others.

Anyway, like I said, the video should be judged on its merits, so let's ignore that
- but there are a lot of questions unanswered:
- no other witnesses - do his next door neighbours not see this stuff? No other reports of that thing that day? Are Montanans a bit reticent to look up?
- the description is very odd - he refers to 2 objects, but doesn't tell us what happened to the other, or pan to it, either during the long sequence, or after the first disappears.
- where is all the technical information?
- has he been asked to upload the original off-camera footage? After all, he is claiming loudly that he isn't doing this for money...

[edit on 21-8-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Id say it was a flare, it was going downwards, falling towards the earth, it was bright green and it didnt move around a lot, id say it was a flare.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
My first thought was a flare, and after watching the video several times, nothing led me to believe otherwise.

Funny thing I keep noticing on ATS, alot of people claim to have military background and pass their opinions or experiences as definitive gospel. "Well, I grew up around so and so military base!" "Well, I was in the Army back in 1988! I'd KNOW what a Flare looks like!"

I just recently finished my enlistment, and sent quite a few pop-up flares into the sky in my day, and I've also seen illumination rounds from mortars that look identical to that. The consistancy of the downward descent and the slight variance leads me to believe it's a flare, and some wind may have changed it's trajectory.

Guess what all that experience with flares amount to though? Not much. That could be alot of things. An aircraft of some type would be one of my last assumptions, however.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I came across commandorando123's video page today while surfing the web. He now has 42 videos archived of his sightings since 2009. The video from 10/27/2010 is a real head scratcher. At first I thought it was just a satellite sailing across the sky, but then starting at 3:10 it does something I cannot explain. Check it out for yourself.

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SunshineLaws

that was an interesting Video. I live just north of this person, I gotta keep an eye out I havent seen anything like that or any of his other vids. but the one you linked is an interesting one

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I did a search before I started a new thread on this YouTube account. I bumped this thread instead of starting a new one. The footage at 3:10 is very enigmatic. The orb just appears to fold up and vanish. Weird footage.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunshineLaws
I did a search before I started a new thread on this YouTube account. I bumped this thread instead of starting a new one. The footage at 3:10 is very enigmatic. The orb just appears to fold up and vanish. Weird footage.

'enigmatic'??

The telescope is obviously panning towards a somewhat lit obstruction, at right.

That obstruction is so far out of focus, it forms a huge area of diffused, out of focus 'bokeh'. The object, which looks like a satellite, is quite overexposed and therefore 'blooming' to a larger size than it actually is. This is similar to being out of focus, but optically it is different - the physics is a little beyond what I care to post at this forum, but feel free to research 'sensor bloom'. Depending on his (unnamed, naturally) equipment, it may also have light amplification issues as well..

When this 'bloomed' object meets the bokeh of the blurred obstruction, and then the object travels past it, a number of effects including diffraction, occur. In particular, as the object actually goes from partially to fully obscured, the brightness is reduced and it also changes shape, from round to hemispherical then a skinny D shape, until it vanishes completely. Add all of those effects to the 'coma' effect due to the object being near the edge of frame and the fact that the blooming can give you a 'reverse' effect as well...

It looks a little odd, but that is just optics at work.

Oh and not that the folks one hangs around with should be any real guide, but you might want to check who else is a member of 'WISA'... Anyone here heard of Alison Kruse? How about SheilaAliens? Jose Escamilla?

...sigh...

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Why the sigh? So you can explain the optics. Cool. I haven't heard of anyone you mentioned that he surrounds himself with. I take it you don't approve? I'll have to search around about them for myself and see what's what. The sigh was a little dramatic/condescending. :shrugs:

Commandorando also has some pretty cool clips of the wildlife in his area too. I enjoyed watching the videos in his collection.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join