It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad challenges Obama to TV debate on solving world's problems

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cydonia2012
they're both lying scumbags of crap, who cares about their fake puppet debate. Both need to go fly a kite!

I find it laughable at how many ppl here are defending Ahmadinejad like he's such a great man of honor and truth. LOL! please!

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Cydonia2012]

Obama, Amhadinejad .... they are all the same

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Personally I don't think it will ever happen.

However, I do remember Obama saying on live national television in a debate with John McCain that he would in fact sit down and talk to Mahmoud.

I remember. He said that and then McCain went on a rant as to how it was a bad idea and how could anyone want a president that would do such dangerous things.

Obama said he would talk to Amadinejad. So basically if he were to refuse he would not only be proving his cowardice but also breaking yet another promise to the American people. (albeit a dumb promise, but a promise nonetheless)

If this does in fact take place then you will find me on my couch with a massive mountain of popcorn.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is a fantastic idea.

Obama should do it for 2 reasons:

1) Potentially stop a looming war.

2) Make it pay-per-view and help alleviate US debt.

It would be watched by millions, me included, and I would easily shell out $30 to watch.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Bush didnt take Amadinijad up on it and neither will Obama. I cant believe there is 16 pages on here discussing something that will never take place?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystik999

Originally posted by Ben81

Ahmadinejad challenges Obama to TV debate on solving world's problems

I think the fact is that the NSA wouldn't let the US president within gunshot distance of any iranian nationals. Those people will blow themselves up just to hurt someone nearby.

And American nationals will just shoot you from a distance in their Apache.

I don't know if ATS is the place for you, perhaps try CNN or Foxnews, depending on if you like elephants or donkeys.

EDIT - misspelled Apache

[edit on 4-8-2010 by TheFinalTruth14]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Sorry to burst everyone's bubbles. I have been holding out on commenting too much in this thread, but a public debate is a bad idea.

As much as we would love to know exactly what is being said, the second something goes public it is turned into a PR event. Obama would have to tailor his words to fit in with the November elections. Ahmadinejad would have to pick his words to appease the hardliner crowd in Iran.

I think that we could all agree that in any real talks we would like to see some actual progress being made. Furthermore, the US simply has much more to lose than to gain from public debates. The US is a superpower as far as the modern world is concerned. With that being said, the US inevitably has more issues that are going to be up for discussion. It would be impossible for Obama to prepare a defense for everything that could be brought up. That's just the simple truth.

Another truth is that this challenge to a debate hardly made it to the front page of US news sites. Nobody cares. You guys are free to say that if Obama dose not accept this debate than you will think hes is a "(insert negative comment)." Think what you want, everybody including Ahmadinejad knew that this debate was never going to happen. As far as I am concerned, Ahmadinejad made this challenge as a PR event to get into a few headlines.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Styki]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
as predicted Obama declines to host talks with iran during the september UN assembly !

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

but during a live debate between 2 peoples ...
no answers can be arranged/scripted
only the questions

while in a sense this is true, they would spend hours coming up with answers for any hypothetical questions that would be asked, and a team of people would be there to ensure that they had the answers they wanted to use, on hand, when they were needed

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I hate Obama, but this numb # from Iran is a douche bag!

Iran is the problem.. (srs)

Their theocratic government is the problem.

fortunately, the youth of that crappy nation are starting to rise up. hopefully they can take it back from the religious ideologists!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yagerbombs
I hate Obama, but this numb # from Iran is a douche bag!

Iran is the problem.. (srs)

Their theocratic government is the problem.

fortunately, the youth of that crappy nation are starting to rise up. hopefully they can take it back from the religious ideologists!

they both are douchbag
but Amhadinejad is a better leader for his country interests
Obama is a pussy ..
i had hope in the guy ... now he only disgust me
but he did approve the mosque in NYC
a little glimpse of hope ??? nah he need to prove it more

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Obama is a pussy ..
i had hope in the guy ... now he only disgust me
but he did approve the mosque in NYC
a little glimpse of hope ??? nah he need to prove it more

I've just posted information about the mosque on another thread but I think it's important enough to repeat it here as you've brought it up.

Tony Cartalucci's article The "Ground Zero Mosque:" Why you should really be angry provides an in-depth report on the funding sources for the mosque that will be known officially as Cordoba House. He makes it clear that the mosque is being funded and built by the very people who profited from the destruction of the WTC. The clear conclusion based on the supporters and the timing is that this project will serve the elite's agenda to refocus Americans on the "shock and awe" of 9/11 and the "threat" of Islam in the runup to the elections, as well as the buildup to new wars in Iran, North Korea, Yemen, Somalia, etc.

Feisal Abdul Rauf's membership in the CFR along with the various globalist foundations funding the ASMA and Cordoba Initiative point to the building of the Cordoba House as a deliberate and provocative move by the globalist elite to create more fear, anger, and hatred towards Muslims while expanding the manufactured "clash of civilizations."

Angry Americans will continue viewing Islam as an irrational, omnipresent enemy constantly menacing them. They will continue to believe that war and the erosion of their own natural rights are the only answers to this manufactured crisis. In reality the global elite that compose the CFR are consolidating their control over humanity. They realize the effect of 9/11 on America's psyche is fading and they sincerely hope that by building the provocative Cordoba House, emotions and ignorance will rule the day and their wars and crimes will carry on in earnest, completely justified in the minds of the witless masses.

Below is a list of a few of the CFR's corporate members.

www.cfr.org...

Bank of America
Goldman Sachs
Chevron Corporation
Exxon Mobil Corporation
General Electric Company
JPMorgan Chase & Company
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Morgan Stanley
Shell Oil Company
Rockefeller Group International, Inc.
The Blackstone Group L.P.
Boeing Company
DynCorp International
KBR
Raytheon Company
Rothschild North America, Inc.

Many of these corporations have made trillions of dollars from the Iraq and Afghan wars, some even played integral parts in calling for the wars. Two of which, Veritas' DynCorp and KBR are in the top ten list of corporations profiting from the war in Iraq.

If the public can be played right, they all stand to make trillions more with an invasion of Iran, the subsequent rebuilding of its shattered infrastructure and the seizure of their southern oil fields. The Bill of Rights being repealed in the wake of this "war on terror" and justified with this continued "clash of civilizations" has enabled the various bankers on the above list to loot America and Europe with impunity and neutralize those who rise up in protest as "domestic terrorists."

Tony's message needs to be widely distributed. As one commentator mentioned on another forum, the public need to welcome this mosque with open arms. Recognise who's funding it and why and defeat them in this particular battle.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnJasper

i had a feeling something was fishy about this mosque ...
i approve it but dont approve the dark reasons behind it
did they allow this mosque to be build so it can be destroyed by the same people who brought down the WTC towers ...
it will be accused on Iran and there you have it
another new illegal wars on their way

9/11 was just the start to make bases around the main enemy ..--> Iran

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join