It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will Mexico start being accountable and stop expecting America to do all the work?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

Here's where I disagree with you, my friend. As a US Army veteran of the 1960's, our military could take total control of the entire border within 30-60 days. As a former (or current) US Marine, you know this to be true. You're telling me after what Marines accomplished in the Pacific in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, the U.S. Marine Corp could not handle the securing of the southern border with Mexico is beyond belief. C'mon Jam!!!

This my friend can only happen only if our military is allowed to act as a military. But based on what I have seen in Iraq and Afghanistan, our military would be trying to secure the borders with their hands tied behind their back.

We both know that the two wars that we are fighting now would have never gone on this long if the military were allowed to do its job as a military should.

Any President with a pair and the desire, could have that border shut down so tight a friggen ant couldn't cross. So in my mind all this back and forth about being able to shut down the border is total political BS. Total BS.

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, we have not had that President with a pair and much less desire. IMO, Mexico is part of a bigger plan.

Oh, and 1 last thing, NO ANCHOR BABIES!!!

This may well happen in the future, but for now I see them as Americans. I can't help but wonder how many anchor babies have fought right along side us and we never knew they were anchor babies.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldnslo

Sorry but I just went over the Costa Rican immigration law and the only place I see a prison sentence in that law is for traffickers.

Costa Rican immigration law (in spanish)

ARTÍCULO 249.- Se impondrá pena de prisión de dos a seis años a quien conduzca o transporte a personas, para su ingreso al país o su egreso de él, por lugares no habilitados por las autoridades migratorias competentes, evadiendo los controles migratorios establecidos o utilizando datos o documentos falsos o alterados.

Translated

Article 249. - A prison sentence of two to six years will be imposed upon someone who leads or transports a person, so that they may enter or leave the country, at places not autherized by the immigration authorities, evading the established immigration controls or using false or altered facts and documents.

I couldn't find anything that imposed prison just for being in the country illegaly. Your boss must have been doing a little something extra.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by daskakik]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred call
Do the members of the California legislature really think that the Mexican Mafia will relinquish its stranglehold on the California drug business if marijuana is made legal?

It is a start.

The illegality of drugs is exactly what has made organized crime in Mexico so powerful.

Attempting to prohibit drugs is illogical and invites criminals to profit from a distorted and manipulated market.

It literally fuels crime and violence.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

You missed the point. If the California legislature makes marijuana legal in California, the Mexican Mafia will not only continue to control the growth and sale of marijuana throughout the rest of the United States and Canada, the California legalization of marijuana will make it that much easier for the Mexican Mafia to control the market.

Given the choice of buy a marijuana that is taxed and more costly, or buy Mexican Mafia marijuana that has no tax and is less expensive, the purchaser will buy from the Mexican Mafia before buying from the California taxman.

It's that way with cigarettes. Non-taxed smuggled cigarette cartons sell better than taxed legal cigarette cartons. People buy non-taxed cigarettes before taxed cigarettes because it is more cost effective.

In essence, California will not see that much tax revenue if marijuana is legalized in California. In fact, California will lose out on the deal with increased auto insurance premiums and other details driving up the cost of living in California because everyone is so stoned.

Productivity in California will go down because workers will be too stoned to work productively.

The list goes on.

In short, voters who are too stoned to think straight will continue to vote on issues that cost America jobs and money and productivity.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by fred call]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You missed the point.

The only reason the "Mexican Mafia" is so powerful is because of the United State drug control policy.

Legalizing marijuana is obviously not an instant fix but it is a start in the right direction.

reply to post by Jezus

the California legalization of marijuana will make it that much easier for the Mexican Mafia to control the market.

This is based on your personal assumptions and speculation, not reality.

reply to post by Jezus

In essence, California will not see that much tax revenue if marijuana is legalized in California. In fact, California will lose out on the deal with increased auto insurance premiums and other details driving up the cost of living in California because everyone is so stoned.

Productivity in California will go down because workers will be too stoned to work productively.

You are assuming that legalizing marijuana means that more people will do it. This is an unfounded assumption and history suggests otherwise.

Overall, legalizing drugs is the first step to taking power away from the "Mexican Mafia".

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

I get the distinct feeling you have very little personal history with the illegal drug trade. Which is not a bad idea for you. My guess is that if you tried to get into the illegal drug trade, you'd either end up in prison or dead from a rival drug dealer's doing.

Yeah, stick with beer. It's legal. Just don't drink and drive. Messing with the Mexican Mafia can get you nowhere fast except a really bad day.

You should be proud of yourself for not having succumbed to the temptations.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Messing with the Mexican Mafia can get you nowhere fast except a really bad day.

Don't worry, as drugs become legalized they will lose power and won't be so scary.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

When liberals descare one thing, they find another thing to scarify......it's a never ending House of Horrors for liberals. I'd almost feel sorry for liberals if they weren't so dang self destructive.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Well I don't really think most "real" people fit very easily into the boxes of liberal or conservative.

However, don't you think conservatives "scarify" drugs?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

I think we could scarify up the zombie nation from the graveyards of America to march in protest of anything the welfare godfathers of Washington wish to scarify up.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Messing with the Mexican Mafia can get you nowhere fast except a really bad day.

Don't worry, as drugs become legalized they will lose power and won't be so scary.

Sounds like what the revenuers thought about the 'shiners. Didnt work well with them either, or slow them down.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

The issue is that prohibition makes the organized crime extremely powerful.

Ending prohibition removes one source of income but by this point they are already a giant entrenched organization.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

A little point in history, since you brought up the subject of Revenuers.

Al Capone's eldest brother was an Oklahoma Revenuer and Marshall. James Vincenzo Capone changed his name to 'Two Gun' Richard Hart to hide his relationship to brother Alphonse.

symonsez.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fred call

The point I was making about the revenuers is when America repealed proabition, it didnt stop the hillbillys from making shine, they still do, and they still sell it and still go to jail for not giving the government their taxes. Nothing changed.

Same goes for lagalizing marijuana. If CA legalizes marijuana, the cartells wont care in the least. In fact, they are hoping for it. All the cartells will do is to lower their prices to the point that they drive out all of the legal CA marijuana growers, (if they don't just bomb them out) and then they will have such a customer base that was generated by the fact that it is legal, that they will make a killing in marijuna sales when CA gets their heads out of their collective a&&es and makes it illegal again.

(Historical Sidenote: The only good thing that ever came as a dirrect result of proabition, NASCAR.)

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
sorry duplicate post

[edit on 8/1/2010 by Ghost of Chewie]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
so what's the going rate for a coyote'? 50pesos?

byo water?

i knew 2 guys in texas i worked with that 1, was a lawyer and the other was just a regular guy.

they both were washing dishes. regular guy was almost a millionare in his town/village, lawyer guy was there to make more money dishing than lawyering in mexico.

nice guys and i felt bad for lawyer guy. they worked like dogs.

sent all the money back.

hey, this was early 80's.

late 80's couldn't hire the aussies and kiwi's that came to ski for the winter
unless they had papers, like we used too. (colorado)

i live in asia now and couldn't hire my brother in my own place to work!
work visa's and im laws.

where this is going is that, it takes all countries to stop this crap.

the phillipino's can't emigrate for economics. very hard to get a visa to leave.

the US knows this stuff but won't do a thing.

mexico knows too, economic immigrants is what the US should crack down on.

get a sponsor and they guarantee the worker all expensices and get a visa.
like the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost of Chewie
Same goes for lagalizing marijuana. If CA legalizes marijuana, the cartells wont care in the least. In fact, they are hoping for it. All the cartells will do is to lower their prices to the point that they drive out all of the legal CA marijuana growers, (if they don't just bomb them out) and then they will have such a customer base that was generated by the fact that it is legal, that they will make a killing in marijuna sales when CA gets their heads out of their collective a&&es and makes it illegal again.

False.

Cartels DO NOT want legalization.

This is completely unsubstantiated speculation and ridiculous.

The truth is that a lot of marijuana is already grown and sold out of CA because they are relaxing on the prohibition.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by assasinforfather

"When will Mexico start being accountable and stop expecting America to do all the work?"

When we make them the 51st state!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The Mexican government keeps Mexico dirt poor (except for the handful of elite) because a dirt poor country is a Narco War Country.

There are plenty of Mexicans who will serve as 'Mules' to carry drugs across the border. They need the money. These Mexican illegals cross the border dozens of times per month. It's an ogoing Narco War operation in dirt poor Mexico (except for the handful of Mexican elites).

Signs of drug smuggling in old Mexico............
i.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Jam, I know. We're both in the same boat and no harm was intended by my post.. I was somewhat hesitant to comment but we know the capabilities of both our military and our pandering politicians. I'm sure we've both lost friends due to political manipulations of the military. But the statements of this administration, and previous ones, regarding securing the border is pure nonsense to me. We know better.

It just pisses me off that our political government continues to influence the military's mission to the point that I fear for our troops. The politicians can set the ultimate goals of our military, but they need to butt out on how the military uses the means to accomplish the desired mission. That is not happening now.

If the Federal politicians would either lead, follow, or get out of the way, the southern border could be sealed in a week or so. But the point here is the pol's are using this issue to divide and conquer, and have no intention to secure the border as long as SEIU continues to bus in union members from other states (from California, no less) to rile up the border situation, with the MSM on hand to provide their fair and balanced report each night.

Somebody, somewhere, gimme some truth!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join