It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Posts Mysterious 'Insurance' File

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staatsman
Would anyone who has decrypted the file one layer please upload it somewhere for us who have problems with openssl (me and maybe others) can take a look at it and try to hack it. (not sayig I can but someone else might)

If someone cannot get past the first part..
they will have no luck with the rest.

"hack it"? lol

jeepers..
people really are clueless....

a good start would be to learn how your PC actually works..
MS window$ will not help you in that dept. lol

@Seagull~Really, what is the warning for?

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
Multiple layers of encrypted files within files sounds a little convoluted. Why do that? Could it be that the passwords for successive layers will be slowly disseminated thru the web -- Perhaps in response to perceived threats?

All of this really kind of stinks to me. It doesn't feel right. How do you know that you aren't being monitored by the NSA for just downloading that file? I doesn't matter how careful you think you are, they can trace you.

Just be extra cautions because these people don't play games.

With each layer of security, one exponentially increases security of whatever is being secured - This applies to cryptography.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Either this file is HIS insurance so he won't get in any trouble or he just posted a random file with nothing in it.

link   
Rubberhose

iq.org...

Latest version is for Linux kernel 2.2 which was back in about 1999 I think.

So not sure about this one ...

link   

Originally posted by Vilkata
While I love and admire what Assange is doing, the following explanation occurred to me earlier:

Lately there has been alot of talk that he is a CIA/NSA/etc plant. By posting this Insurance file, he is clearly making it look like he is trying to keep some threat at bay, most likely intelligence agencies and governments, which could totally just be for show to kill off those rumors.

I often wonder while reading these Wikileaks threads what Assange could do to not appear "a CIA/NSA/etc plant" to the ilk who can fabricate a reason why anything is indicative of "disinfo" or "membership in TPTB." I imagine he could put a Youtube of himself buying a Slurpee at 7-11 and a thread would appear equating said Slurpee buying with typical "men in black" behavior.

[edit on Aug 01, 2010 by Hadrian]

[edit on Aug 01, 2010 by Hadrian]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I use ubuntu and honestly copied this so it would work "openssl enc -d -aes256 -in insurance.aes256 -out ramdisk/insurance.dec -pass pass:ONION" with the errors "21017:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:352:fopen('insurance.aes256','r')" and
"21017:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:354:"
The numbers in the begining (21017) always change

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
> No such file or directory:bss_file.c:352:fopen('insurance.aes256','r')"

It's complaining about not being able to find "insurance.aes256".

make sure that file name is correct and you have permission to read it ...

To decrypt all you need to do is this:

$ openssl enc -d -aes256 -in insurance.aes256 > out.dec

use ONION as password.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
You guys need to get on the stick. I'm sitting here patiently waiting for one of you to think up the magic password or hack this world-renowned hacker's hacked stuff and what do I have so far? Nada. Gotta start thinking about dinner soon and I was hoping this would be resolved by then.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I agree ...

I'm a programmer not a "cracker".

Isn't there someone on here who can at least identify the decrypted file?

I emailed WikLeaks asking them for a clue but no response yet ...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Freedommusic thank you so very much... I should of knowsn I was being dumb... Now off to try to crack the password of this next document!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
well if you figure it out, please let me know ...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
ok sorry if I double post but I tried opening this up in FIrefox ( well Namoroka) and It tells me the file is a .bin file.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Interesting. Could 1.4 Gb of random data or it could be the real deal waiting to go.

I wonder how many people are trying to brute force the password as we type?

Reminds me of that film with Sir Patrick Stewart, where he plays a retired agent of some intelligence agency. As insurance he set up a site that couldn't be brought down, and had to log into it every 24 hours, otherwise the data on it was released to the world, via a form of a dead mans switch. The idea was to protect himself.

A very interesting film. EDIT: Safe House (1995/1996). Wikileaks seem to be paralleling this idea.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

This MOVIE is on the HALLMARK CHANNEL on AUGUST 10th, 2010 @ 2:00am EST

Thanks for advising use about the movie.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Staatsman, all that implies is that FF has identified the file as binary.

Which indeed it is ...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
how many comps needs to be corparate to encrypt the file...
like seti style?
any suggestions?
it would drive the gov. crasy perhaps locking up the internet... cousing than anarchy...ect
bet in iran and NK they are working for it now...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well I'm somewhat fed up with the way America has been corruptly operating for the last 30 years. I'm also very disappointed in our citizens that continue to deny anything is wrong and make excuses for it all. No, it is you that needs to leave my country to all those that always say love it or leave it.

Have I ever served my country you ask?...No not yet. Serving the Pentagram, I mean fighting for the Pentagon or ISis RA ELohim isn't considered serving your country. However, call in martial law and let the games begin

I'll encourage whomever encrypted the data to set it up to where it faxes itself out to every fax machine possible. That way if NSA or some other cyber unit within the bowels of the beast THE PENTAGRAM..I mean Pentagon try to intercept and destroy the file, there will be a hard copy on every fax machine;
news media, private citizens, corporations, small business, foreign and domestic. Maybe piggy back it in on an innocuous piece of data.

oooooh, that would suck really bad.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well this is weird ...

This seems to work as well ...

#Using Blowfish Cipher

$ openssl enc -d -bf -in insurance.aes256 > out.dec

use ROUTER as password

I tried using different passwords and I get an error but not when I use ROUTER.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedommusic
Well this is weird ...

Just to add to the weirdness, you can also decrypt it by using "ONION" with blowfish: these permutations could lead to something interesting..

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Ok so far this works ...

#AES PASSWORD == ONION
$ openssl enc -d -aes256 -in insurance.aes256 > out_ONION_AES.dec

#BF PASSWORD == ROUTER
$ openssl enc -d -bf -in insurance.aes256 > out_ROUTER_BF.dec

#BF PASSWORD == ONION
$ openssl enc -d -bf -in insurance.aes256 > out_ONION_BF.dec

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So what you are saying is that, there are multiple keys? potentially multiple bogus keys?
isn't that impossible? but yet I tried it and it worked... I believe something is very very wrong...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join