It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Posts Mysterious 'Insurance' File

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is huge.

God knows what they have in that file.

Although, in saying that, they have been coming under attack from every direction as of late.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have a child, job, family, etc. I was a well established (white hat) hacker in high school and ended up facing criminal charges, so as much as this interests me I'm not even thinking about touching it. I honestly can't tell you how to crack the file, but I can tell you that it's going to take a group of very well educated crackers and programmers.

Tip: Download mIRC, xChat, or any other IRC client suitable for your Operating System.

Connect to irc.dal.net ( /server irc.dal.net )

Join #2600 ( /join #2600 )

Get to know the people before asking questions, you might be pleasantly surprised.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by NewWorldDisorder]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Could "Straw and Glass Bottle" be a reference to a "fiasco"?:

en.wikipedia.org...

A quick google tells me there is a book called "Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq" by Thomas E Ricks.

Hmm..

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Is it wrong that I am somewhat enjoying this whole saga?
Like everyone I would love to know what is in this 'Insurance' file, it would be good if it is something really beefy. I think it would be possible for someone to crack it open and share but I don't think anybody in that kind of posistion(workwise at least) would want to take that risk.
Still fair play to the man, although I am not entirely sure how this is all going to play out.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Originally posted by mrMasterJoe
I want the truth to win. NOW.
It's been too long that the ones in power were able to do what they were pleased to. The old master + puppet + sheep thing. STOP IT.

There is not even a hint of an argument from me there...collaboration should be rule number one in the experience of life...

...and there are people who think that they can take that away from people...I do not abide that...

I merely was attempting to provide a voice of reason through what I hope to be a transitory stage in history...in this small corner of the interwebz...

I was never opposing your statements
Excuse me for my emotional breakout

That whole movie playing for us has now the chance of getting to its final stage - the happy end! Lets just hope it does.
Although I do not know what Mr Assange really has in mind - what he currently does supports the "truth" spirit and can be used as an excellent example for the power that we all have if we only want to.

Thank god for the internet - and yes it's really unprecedented the way it's played out currently!

Anyway... I think something is going on recently:

www.gcpdot.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Your are right. Nor do I want a witch hunt. I want the truth to win. NOW.
It's been too long that the ones in power were able to do what they were pleased to. The old master + puppet + sheep thing. STOP IT.

And as there are many smart people INSIDE this thing who now realize what they have been supporting for years and years - I hope they too wake up now and turn around to face the ugly visage of TRUTH.

When it comes to protecting each of our countries, 'the truth' is sometimes withheld to prevent a bigger crises. Sometimes the truth can be so devastating, which it could psychologically harm the very fabric of civilization. If you have been watching how the internet has evolved, the pure nature of some truths has already harmed our way of life.

Did you read the articles about the spy exchange between US and Russia? Imagine what would have happened if the media blew that out of proportion. We could have had an international crises in the process. People would be asking for retribution for planting spies in our country, and then it could have lead to a war with Russia. Yuck.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Hogwash! Are you seriously advocating that secrecy and scheming by a national government is for the interest of the people? IMHO, that can't be further from the truth... A lack of transparency will only ever serve those who wish to conceal whatever it is they may be holding back - for their own interests, not ours.

Should we live to see the day of transparent governmental and political activity, that will be a good day indeed... There would only be mass hysteria because things have been so nontransparent for so long and because we have been led to believe things so far from actuality - In which case mass hysteria resulting in revolution would only seem absolutely justified.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

I have thought of that on more than one occasion...but truth be told, I think we all tend to give into the worst case scenario aspect of our imaginations when considering how damaging a truth can be. When I use the term "transition", that is a part of how I hope this plays out. Routines can't be disrupted. Ideals Can't be stomped.

Gradual acceptance is the name of the game...and I don't think that those making the moves are without that consideration...

At least that is what I think...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just speculating here...what if there is a factional battle of some kind within the government, within the intelligence community, or within the NSA, for example? Most of the posters contemplating the wikileaks event are framing it as "wikileaks versus the government" or sometimes "the government versus the people, using wikileaks as a false front." Possible, possible...but what if it is "one part of the government versus another using wikileaks as a tool?" For example, one faction within the government trying to influence overall policy on any number of issues? Could be anything...banking finance stuff, the gulf, foreign policy, the middle east, or simply "pay us $50 billion in a dark pool account and we disappear forever, or else we bring the whole house of cards down?"

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Your are right. Nor do I want a witch hunt. I want the truth to win. NOW.

And as there are many smart people INSIDE this thing who now realize what they have been supporting for years and years - I hope they too wake up now and turn around to face the ugly visage of TRUTH.

When it comes to protecting each of our countries, 'the truth' is sometimes withheld to prevent a bigger crises. Sometimes the truth can be so devastating, which it could psychologically harm the very fabric of civilization. If you have been watching how the internet has evolved, the pure nature of some truths has already harmed our way of life.

Did you read the articles about the spy exchange between US and Russia? Imagine what would have happened if the media blew that out of proportion. We could have had an international crises in the process. People would be asking for retribution for planting spies in our country, and then it could have lead to a war with Russia. Yuck.

No one wants another war - no matter what the reason may be. I agree that it's not an easy ride to get to the truth. That's because it has taken them decades to lead where we are currently. But where we are could be described as a perfect nightmare. This not what the universe made us for! And most of us do not even know why they feel bad all the time.

When you wake up (for me it started two years ago) you finally realize the real fabric of this world. And you badly want to press the UNDO button for many things!!

Any step towards truth is a good one. Even if it's hard to swallow sometimes. I do not expect it to be a joyful trip. This one will be tough. But it must be done.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
straw man

glass house

bottle bank

Insurance? gold

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mrMasterJoe

Wars only ever begin because at least one person(s) wants them to occur. There are obvious reasons for war (i.e. religion), but some would argue that this is typically a cover to justify war to the masses - I suspect that we very seldom know the true reasons justifying war (or at least the deciding factors to the "powers that be").

But no, I believe there are many persons, for many different reasons, on many different scales, that at this very instance are desiring and plotting war.

Mod Edit: Nested quote removed, Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 31/7/10 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

I totally agree... with "no one" I was speaking for "us sheep"

THEY want to have war at any time if necessary to reach their hidden goals and to follow their insane agenda. Sure.
But as a sheep (I no longer feel like one however) I always speak for the sheep

Mod Edit: Nested quote removed, Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 31/7/10 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by catflap

straw man

glass house

bottle bank

Insurance? gold

Would you mind elaborating?

I'm assuming you mean:

Wikileak's supposed opposition (i.e. Pentagon) is fallaciously basing arguments on a biased or otherwise incorrect portrayal of their own opposition (i.e. Pakistan) --- Strawman. And that wikileak's opposition is being hypocritical within this framework --- Glasshouse. And finally should the public become aware they would throw this glass into the trash --- Bottlebank.

I can see your logic (assuming my assumptions are what you intended) - And each word used is an adjective to the underlying phrase (i.e. glass being the adjective within the phrase glass house).

Touche

[edit] to clarify

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mrMasterJoe

Gotchya - Thanks for clarifying!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Maybe he is trying to force them to come clean with us so he does'nt have to.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I just googled the code thing under insurance

SHA1: cce54d3a8af370213d23fcbfe8cddc8619a0734c

and if you scroll down a few site's you come to this...

cryptome.org...

dont know if it means anything? but the wiki leaks guy's name is on there

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
sorry, double post

[edit on 31-7-2010 by jonhplayer]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I also downloaded it and it came up to 214MB. I suspect they are rotating out two seperate files. If so, then it makes the whole thing that much more interesting.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamuelBeeps
Could "Straw and Glass Bottle" be a reference to a "fiasco"?:

en.wikipedia.org...

A quick google tells me there is a book called "Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq" by Thomas E Ricks.

Hmm..

that is an interesting idea but unlikely because the title is "Straw and Glass and Bottle" not "Straw and Glass Bottle". But since none of us know whats in the file you may be right.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join