It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Posts Mysterious 'Insurance' File

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02

Originally posted by ohhwataloser
reply to post by locster

I just downloaded it, 1422.72 mb, so I don't know what you downloaded.

Well Im going to run a few programs at this, been waiting for a chance to make this new computer do some work, maybe i'll get lucky.

I also download the file on the site called insurance. Came up as 214 mb I am located in the northeast USA. The file on my desktop, where I saved it, is called insurance.aes256

Someone earlier in the thread posted the checksum of the file and I was able to verify it with mine, you'll want the 1.4 gig file.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Did the Insurance file just get decreased?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

what are u talking about

did I miss anything?

the file is still online for download ... any statements ?

ps: why this thread got out of front page ... anything happened?

[edit on 31/7/10 by Faiol]

link   
Ok, i had enough time to look at the file and i'm pretty confident this has been symmetrically encrypted by using OpenSSL due to the header: i also would expect the final size of the decrypted file to be 1.491.834.544 bytes long and to be a packed .7z packed file due to its ridiculously low compression ratio, but i don't think we would be lucky enough to guess the correct password..

link   
I'm not sure I've downloaded the correct file. Although it is 1.38 gigs and its impossible to read in adobe, word, wordpad and notepad what i have is a single file titled Insurance. It is an aes256 file but I've read other people's posts and from what I can gather by what they said they recieved a compressed folder with several different inaccessible files. Can anyone shed some light?

(and i don't know if this is noteworthy but when i right click and look at the properties under details it says "attributes: A") but

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Did the Insurance file just get decreased?

No...I just tried it and it was still the 1.4gig file. These guys with the smaller files must be getting interrupted downloads.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
people here are downloading the wrong file or corrupted file

you guys need to download the file and check the code to be sure its the right one

just search the thread that there are some good posts about it ...

and there are probably already many fake files avaliable over the web

the only way for u to be sure is checking the code of the file

and no ... there is no way to open it ... and probably never will ...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is starting to remind me of the death note anime.

First of all he knows more than anyone else that his every move is being followed. Emails, phone tapping, gps tracking... are just a small part of that. So he must have planned it much deeper than just emailing the keyword to the "volunteers". As these volunteers would be easily identified and taken in custody all at once when the "hit" happens leaving no time for disclosure. So he must have thought of a way of spreading the keyword who are not directly connected to him. Friends of family of friends...sending it down a chain like that makes tracing near impossible, especially if it's a non electronic interaction.

I wonder how he sleeps at night with all this madness.

Anyway L made his move let's see what kira does

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Anyone got a feeling that a lot of zombie computers might wake up and start working on a big distributed net type project soon?

Just saying...the timing with Defcon/Blackhat.....MS vulnerability out right now that no patch is expect for yet another few days.... a lot of top hackers are close enough to work together and talk together RIGHT NOW in person. Timing?

[edit on 31-7-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sorry...ATS Live stated that the file was decreased...

Edit to add...information received...

[edit on Sat, 31 Jul 2010 18:56:03 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
is this real?

Wikileaks volunteer detained

Rob Beschizza at 4:33 PM Saturday, Jul 31, 2010

A volunteer for Wikileaks was detained by officials Thursday while entering the country at Newark International Airport.

Jacob Appelbaum, noted for his work with the Tor online security project, was searched, interviewed and "interrogated" for three hours before being released, according to a source who spoke on condition of anonymity.

www.boingboing.net...

Mod Edit: Trimmed external quote and converted quote tags to external content tags.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

and no ... there is no way to open it ... and probably never will ...

Do we really know that? Maybe we are assuming what this is.
It could be something like....I dunno, the govt. having access to everyone's insurance info by seemingly using a private company to 'protect' the security of the insurance companies.

Some thing more like...it is about insurance.

I mean, he's brilliant and wanted, so thinking it a form of personal insurance does seem MOST logical.

But - it could be a leaked file that is big that he wants the public to PARTICIPATE in hacking and leaking. The passcode MIGHT be easy, and a dictionary attacks will do it in just a few days time.

Just saying...we might be assuming too much.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Sorry...ATS Live stated that the file was decreased...

Edit to add...information received...

[edit on Sat, 31 Jul 2010 18:56:03 -0500 by MemoryShock]

what is ATS Live ?

you just need to go to the freaking website, click on the file and see the size ... its 1.4 GB still @ lol

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I know...many tabs open...my bad!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If Assange were to be "silenced", assuming the job was done correctly, everybody could simply deny any involvement. Wikileaks do not just leak documents about the United States, they leak documents about anything they can verify, from all over the globe - from Kenya to Albania to Iceland etc etc. Not even always about governments either but businesses and corporations etc. Wikileaks has a lot of enemies, not just the United States government. Therefore it would be easy to just blame someone else (the Russians and Israelis would probably be the easiest), claim you had nothing to do with it, there is no evidence etc and just ride out the storm until it passes. Even just make it look like a suicide or an accident or something - sure people would be sceptical but people like Assange have been "involved in a plane crash" before and nothing much has been done about it.

Also, if something were to happen to Assange (death or imprisonment), that would likely dissuade his Wikileaks colleagues from stepping up in his place (and who could blame them?) and would almost certainly be the end of Wikileaks IMO. I know Assange is only the spokesman for Wikileaks but I doubt anybody would have the guts to step into his place and continue Wikileaks knowing that their life would be on the line.

The fact that this man is still alive and free brings up many questions. Either he is not yet seen as a major threat and his "leaks" are seen as small-fry by TPTB or he is protected by and works for some "important people" or he has TPTB by the balls and they are aware that his death would result in some extremely harmful information being released. I would go with my first assumption (that he isn't considered a huge threat yet) for now but who knows? People have been assassinated for less, just ask any Russian journalist.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

wierd

this HACKER talks like he knows manning

I mean, come on ... it looks like this manning history is just a cover up to make it look like they found the source

impossible to believe the HACKER would know all that ....come on

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

here's a bit more from another article

news.cnet.com...

Appelbaum, a U.S. citizen, was taken into a room, frisked, and his bag was searched. Receipts from his bag were photocopied, and his laptop was inspected, the sources said. Officials from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the U.S. Army then told him he was not under arrest but was being detained, the sources said. The officials asked questions about Wikileaks, asked for his opinions about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and asked where Wikileaks founder Julian Assange could be found.

That's from Cnet.com. I know in the interview that was posted earlier Assange said he was in London he could be lying but.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lurch

well, if something happens to him, a lot more organizations would appear

but still, they could release everything they have without checking just to screw everybody over ...

he already said, they have a lot of things still about the US ... but they are checking the information, and probably just waiting for this to go down in the press, to release something more strong to screw them

but really, if I was Assange, I would release something more strong, just to let they know that they are his %¨&¨$# ....

lets be real, this content that he is releasing is good, but its not a killer content, this wont hurt the US that much ... its all hype ... I really believe it wont hurt them

but this may be probably a way to get credibility to wikileaks, so they can release something stronger later and get attention, since they would be already known by everyone

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
WOW - Just WOW...

Must read: cryptome.org...

[edit] link's to PDF on cryptome's site - PDF authored by Mr. Assange.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

can u elaborate? did u read it? what it means?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join