It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVERY dog in my neighbourhood just went crazy at the same time!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Once with my step brother up in the trails of Chinook Pass in the pac nw one summer, we were out in the middle of nowhere and all the sudden we heard about a 30 to 60 second chorus of multiple animals braying, bah-ing or whatever... I know there`s deer in the area, but never really heard one make a sound. We never saw the animals(?) making the sounds. But it was as if a herd of at least 20 animals just started in. I couldn`t tell if they were scared, hurt, or just wanting to be heard, but it freaked us both out pretty good... I`m almost glad we didn`t happen upon the source of the sound. I guess it sounded like a bunch of sheep & cows mixed together. But neither of those would be near the top of a mountain, so my best guess would be deer. Maybe a large group got spooked by a predator. But my imagination wonders many other things... I`m no wilderness expert and I haven`t tried researching it as this was about 15 years ago and you just reminded me of it, but I`ve read enough that I should`ve come across something similar. maybe now I will look into it. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

It could have been the aliens.
Why else would all the dogs in the neighborhood start barking at the same time?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I wouldn't really worry about this. Chance probably led them to all be outside at the same time. As soon as one went nuts, they all did. Just like when a bird takes of, almost instantaneously, the bird's around it do to.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'll share two different things that have happened to me.

First one was years ago during a meteor shower. I remember that it was during a cold month because my husband & I were snugged up under blankets on our back deck, we live up on a ridge so. It was late or early (how ever one likes to view it), everything was quite around us. We had just starting seeing some good trails across the sky when all of the dogs in the valley below us just went nuts, they were all howling. Not barking, but howling. It was very strange!

Second one has been going on off & on for the past 4 months or so. I've been noticing a small vibration coming up through the floor of our house. A couple of times it has happen both of our dogs get up and start whining and pacing around. When ever that happen I always check the USGS Earthquake map, but they only show M2.5+. One thing I would like to note that a few months ago I read a thread about a new fault found along the Appalachians, (my house sets in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains). Link to thread.

I'm thinking our furry friends just have better radar for whats going on around us.
I also found another website that shows earthquakes below M2.5. Link
I'm thinking I need to start keeping a journal and check it against this website when it happens in the future.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Finally someone acting logicaly

Dear ATS USERS, when dogs around are barking madly, it doesnt mean its an ALIEN CONSPIRACY

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
My dogs go quiet if it's weather related. My biggest barker kept me up half the night because the neighbors dog was barking, chasing around a coyote or a deer or something. I could tell it was animal related.

If a bad storm is coming in, she gets really quiet and submissive, and runs to the basement at the first sound of wind or thunder. I'm not in an earthquake zone, I'm curious as to what she would do then.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Dogs bark for a gazillion reasons and not necessarily bcuz of any prediction. My dog's a froot-loop who barks with all the other dogs in the neighborhood...she's a 'follower'..lol. We've got 4 or 5 in the area and sometimes they just feel like being noisy. Like, if one dog sees a squirrel and starts to howl the other dogs do too, especially if something they might consider 'shady'. Theyre probably just communicating and may still have that 'pack-mentality' even thought theyre spread out??? Theyre goofy creatures and i'd be lost w/o mine.

Kim

[edit on 7/30/10 by Demetre]

[edit on 7/30/10 by Demetre]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Mine will all of a sudden hackle bark and run to the front window. Most of the time I go to look and there is nothing visible at all. I figure they heard something and are just doing their job.

At night when the racoons are out, or a fox is trotting through the neighborhood every dog will go nuts.

One of mine had a raccoon cornered in our garage and he sounded so mean and angry we assumed it was an intruder, every other dog on the block was reacting.

My husband grabbed the bat and went to investigate, it was just a panicked cornered animal.

Don't forget their sense of smell and hearing are much much more refined than ours, they could be hearing something well outside our range that is setting them off.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hi all! My little terrier will bark at airplanes, turkey buzzards, hawks,
a mockingbird that lives in a tree next to the porch. Other than that, there is the UPS guy, mail person, anyone ringing the door bell, the weed wacker, lawn mover, leaf blower. At night she goes outside and runs in circles barking up at the blank star lit night. She has me convinced a UFO is parked over the house. It creaps me out.
At night she can get all the dogs barking in a 1/2 mile radius with the
running in circles barking up at the sky. I think they talk to one another.
She was swooped on by a hawk once when she was little, I guess this is where her paranoia comes from.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm thinking odds are it was a local reason that irritated the dogs, BUT, Just to build upon the whole earthquake possibility:

I realize you are a ways from the Philippines, but they have been having a very odd cluster of extremely deep quakes this past week. A good portion of them have been over 600km deep which is almost into the lower mantle of the earth. The quakes show up on seismographs all over the world. Now, I am not saying that you would FEEL it, but I think it very possible for animlas in that portion of the world to sense this.

A couple of months back my dogs went crazy. I posted a comment because it was so unusuall and whithin a couple of minutes there was a large (6.0+) in california. Now, this was close to 1,000 miles away from me, BUT we sit on the same fault line, so I believe it was possible my dogs 'heard' it.

Anyways, I am saying that I think anything is possible. We just don't understand enough. Just like everything else in life, when you notice something out of the norm, pay attention to it!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Dogs in my neighborhood do that all the time. They set each other off. One dog barks an intruder alert, then they all do it. I moved my BBQ to the front porch a week or so ago because I'm remodeling the area it is normally in. The first time my dog saw it he barked his, "There's something there!" bark, and all the dogs in the neighborhood started barking. Every time he comes down the stairs to the landing he looks outside, sees the BBQ, and barks. It's funny.

Having said that, I had my siamese cat predict an earthquake. Her name? Epicenter. She was very nervous one day. She paced around, jumped on the counter, back down again, raced from room to room. Very strange behavior.

We had an earthquake, in the 6 range, I think. Then she settled down to nurse her kittens: Iridium, Hurricane, and Temblor.

I called up the local TV station, but they were more interested in interviewing the guy coming out of 7/11 with a sixpack on what he thought about the earthquake.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Maybe someone accidentally tipped over their Foster's and the pups were singing a sad tail for the bereaved.

Naw, must be an earthquake!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join