It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVERY dog in my neighbourhood just went crazy at the same time!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
(Ok, so I have no idea where to place this thread - feel free to move to correct location)

So here I am, at my laptop, internetting away, and suddenly out of nowhere i hear at least 5 or 6 dogs from different houses all bark and howl like crazy all at once.

So very strange. They did it for bout 2 minutes then stopped together. I can still hear 2 dogs from the same house continuing the noise.

With the theories of animals being highly sensitive to subtle changes in frequency (often preceding earthquakes and the like) this has me a little concerned and confused.

Has anyone else notice this over the last hour or anything?

There some impressive sun flares recently I think - they have also been linked to earthquakes.

Anyway just wanted to put this out there and see if anyone saw similar animal behaviour just now...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
While Im not surprised a street of dogs went nuts, Ive also experienced the animal 'prediction' phenomena.

I have several aviaries in differnt locations. Some days they just go crazy, & sure enough, within 24 hrs theres something 5.0+ on the USGS website.

Maybe luck, maybe not. Have a look at USGS tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Animals definitely know things - hope you are OK.

link   
You might have a mind control victim in your street barking dogs en masse giving son of sam lectures is one of the many joys they experience live via sattelite.

link   
Just be careful, dogs do predict earthquakes

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well I'm in Your general location, and I felt no discernible shift, though the weather did take a turn about that time with a large black cloud creeping up over the west. Maybe they sense bad weather or something.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Do you live in an area prone to earthquakes? That is pretty weird but it could of just been someone walking around that alerted the dogs. Not saying thats absolutely the case, but a factor. My dogs use to bark like crazy over nothing in the middle of the night. Scared the hell out of me.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
i have two dogs brak all night at the mood i have chow chows they dont like the moon i guss...it maybe ufo or army walking around your hood or bad weather

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I used to work for a lady who raised show dogs. We had about 25 dogs, and often, when they would hear a siren, firetruck or police, they would all start howling, all at once.

Maybe that's what they heard.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
In my neighborhood, it just means there is a raccoon, possum, or stray cat. Once one dog starts, they will all join in. And I do think they "talk" to each other. I have a Jack-Chi terrier with a stray cat nemesis, Kitty. I know when Kitty is in my yard (it climbs over a 6 foot wood fence to get into my yard and beat up my dogs) solely by her bark. I had another who made a grumbly"mwrow-mrwow" only when he saw a chipmunk. One thing you can check is the "lost animals" ads. They have been known to peak right before an "event" like an earthquake.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Something like that could either be a tremor ( maybe a precursor to a big earthquake) or something as simple as someone tootling on a dog whistle in the local area and withing range of all the dogs?
Who knows?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
My apologies for dissapearing straight after starting the thread - had a train to catch!

I think Evasius made an interesting connection - it could have been weather related, though i have never known that to happen before. There was a MEAN dark blue/grey cloud which came over the area at the same time, so MAYBE it was that.

Though to be honest, it was just really odd. The only explanantion would be a dog whistle - very odd but plausible, or some unseen force which set them off.

I live in a typical suburban area, so dogs would be used to noises and people and the like. Area is not earthquakle prone AT ALL either...

But, all is well at the moment, so so far, it was just a strange occurance.

Interesting fact though, i have guinea pigs as pets and they also reacted oddly as i left the house (just after making the thread). So that kinda adds to it. Time will tell, lets hope it was just an odd occurance with no meaning or significance

[edit on 30-7-2010 by srsen]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
We had a cat for 17 years and she was the master at predicting severe thunderstorms. Little ones didn't bother her but if a big one was coming she was in the basement at least 15 mins prior to it hitting. Southern Ontario gets some doozies.

Keep an eye on the seismographs for your area. Get a couple of days worth of supplies and have them ready. Living in the Pacific NW now, we have a backpack full of food and a couple of jugs of water ready to go in the closet by the door.

Never hurts to be prepared. We have a meeting place where our family will meet if a big quake hits as more than likely communications will be down. We're spread around the Lower Mainland so it's centric for everyone.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Very interesting - a cat that predicted thunderstorms. Cool! Well perhaps the picture is becomning a little clearer.

Actually, come to think of it, i was looking at the Bureau of Meteorology website just before the dogs went off - it showed the huge blue/grey cloud heading my way.

While i dont believe in coincidence, that is certainly interesting timing haha.

Looking more and more like it could have been weather related, which is very interesting in itself.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I have normal dogs. I am not in an earthquake zone, so cant blame that.

My dogs bark at people and animals moving around in the neighborhood. They can go from sound sleep to alert, on point, noise makers in a matter of seconds. Everytime, I can look out and see a person, dog, cat, or animal across the street walking along.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Yeah but i heard dogs from what sounded like at least 6 or 7 different yards all do it at the same time. I hear dogs all the time but this time it was different, they all lost it instantly and at the same time.

Was kinda cool actually.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
hmm wonder if had anything to do with the unusual falling star I had seen around that time?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It sometimes happens in my area past midnight, but more than 5 or 6 i. Maybe around 30 or 40 in at the same time with some barks coming from afar. Yes. It's really loud and annoying. However, no earthquakes or anything out of the ordinary happens. No strays in the area as well.

It usually starts with one or two dogs then erupts into a lot so it's probably just communication. I don't think it's out of the norm or maybe I just got used to it.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Unregistered]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Maybe there was a UFO hovering in your street invisible for us humans.

It is strange when something like that happens, I am familiar with the fact that animals have a sixth sense.
I owned once a cat that saw ghosts. On one occasion I observed my cat as she followed someone or something walking through my living room. It spooked me because I felt a presence myself too.
Who knows what was going on in your street.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Hello,

Apart from earthquakes, tremors or people being mind controlled, it could be possible that there was a wild animal in the area which they picked up on, or there is a bitch in heat which can drive them wild.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join