It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Parties, lets get something clear.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I appreciate what your saying, and correct me if I'm not understanding you. I believe you are saying they are not any kind of cohesive party.

If I'm right, then you are correct. What I think your missing is that it's not supposed to be a Political Party. That's exactly why old retreads of the GOP are trying to say their "leaders" of the TPM or taking their old campaign machine and calling it a Tea Party. They are trying to cash-in on it and control it.

What they are are loose-knit organizations, that get together to protest this out-of-control, two-sides of the same coin government.

I think the term Tea Party itself is what's confusing people. Its not like someone is running with a (T) behind their name, like other candidates, i.e. Joe Shmoe (D) or Bob Builder (R). Its not Tea Party, as in Republican Party or Libertarian Party. Its just a formal name given to this collective of people, based on the idea of protest like the historic Boston Tea Party.

While its true that on some small local levels, they are holding caucuses and doing other "political party" like things. But for the most part, the MSM is treating it like a political party because they just don't know how to deal with something outside the norm. The pols from both parties treat it that way so they can try to kill it or control. Something with no central leadership is pretty hard to destroy, so the media and the two dominating parties are trying to create or define a leadership structure.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Blaine91555

You all have a severe PR problem...among many other things.
[edit on 7/29/2010 by ~Lucidity]

See what you just did? I'm not a Tea Party member nor do I join Parties or movements anymore. In fact I don't believe in the Party system. It just breeds hate and makes it easier for bad people to control us.

I do know some of them. Very decent, loving people. At least the ones I know. That image you have of them was invented by their opposition and from what you posted its working.

Why would you support DNC propaganda if your a Libertarian?

In any group containing millions of people you will find bad people. To single them out and pretend they represent all the members is pretty disingenuous don't you think?

I'll tell you one thing. It's hard being a genuine Independent who has washed his hands of both Parties. The D's accuse me of being an R and the R's accuse me of being a D. It seems people are so controlled they can't imagine a person who makes up his own mind on each issue without being told how to vote and think.

Me, I'm a Blaine91555. I vote the Blaine91555 Platform. I love people and pity those who are wrapped up in this hate.

As far as Libertarians go, I like them. I've noticed they don't have all that hate and division among them. I watched a Libertarian debate when Clinton was running and I was impressed how calm and friendly the debate was. So I'd guess they attract some pretty decent people. I actually agree with some ideas from all sides.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You would think that what you wrote would be common sense.
I suppose some need to turn off the T.V. for a while. They don't call it "programming" for nothing.
People would rather be cynical I suppose, than be sympathetic.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Sorry, I said YOU ALL...I didn't mean you. I was generalizing. My fault...plus zero sleep in two days. Thanks for straightening me out.

I get that it's a movement, but as a movement what are the goals?

Does everyone just do their own thing? Because as a few people have mentioned, in most cases, it seems like that might trail right back to the GOP? Is that an unfair assessment?

I never said there weren't decent people.

And no, I don't get my impressions from the media. First, I get them online...here, on other sites, from their spokespeople. I've been to Tea Parties, and frankly some of the people were frightening, much along the lines of the sentiments we see typed here on ATS everyday. I've watched this evolve since day one with great interest. As I said, I thought about joining the movement, but for the most part, I don't see any principles. Well I'm shutting up. See my earlier posts. I think I covered it all.

There's really nothing to unify around as a movement, as a party, as anything. Not a blasted thing. Sorry. And that has nothing to do with all the picking on the Tea Party

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

If you're referring to me, Stewie...dead WRONG.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by indianajoe77

The real problem is people are falling for the Race Baiting and the propaganda being used by the Far Left Radicals, including all of Obama's operatives.

They have as much right as anyone to have their views and if they win to govern, but they don't have the right to slander others and lie about them just to pander votes. I don't understand why the decent Democrats, which most are, don't stand up to their own Party and Obama and demand they clean their act up. You can't even turn on the news now without being exposed to some DNC operative calling some group Racist. The Race Card is worn out. A Black Man being President should prove something?

The people at the top instigating all this stuff don't believe it. They are just such evil people that they use their influence to spread hate to get votes and many are naive enough to fall for it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I should have known that. I've read lots of your posts. No worries.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

The goals as I understand them are -

Small Government.
Less Government control.
Putting an end to paybacks to special interest groups like Unions and Big Business.
Lower Taxes and less wasteful spending.

Pretty basic stuff.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Here is how they describe themselves -

"A non-partisan, grassroots community established to advance and strengthen the Founding principle that life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are God-given rights guaranteed to every individual by the Constitutions of the United States and the Commonwealth of Virginia. We believe that government derives its power from the people and is established solely to protect these rights. The core principles of limited government, fiscal restraint, personal responsibility, and governing with virtue and accountability are all necessary to ensure the preservation of our freedom. We believe that local governments, communities, and individuals are best suited to serve and represent the needs of the people. Most importantly, we believe that citizen participation in the political process is a fundamental necessity for good government."

That matches those I know here in Anchorage.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I agree, but the GOP is no better. They use Communist and Marxist as their buzzwords instead of Racists.

The point is that they both use the same tactics in tandem to keep both of them in power. Its almost understood among them that they switch places every 4 to 8 years. That way they can keep pointing the finger at each other. An example:

2008: Dems - "George Bush F-d everything up. Put us in power and we'll fix it and be different.

2000: GOP - "Clinton and the Dems F-d everything up and are a bunch of liars. Put us in power and we'll fix it and be different.

1994: Dems - "12 years of Reagen-Bush F-d everything up. Put us in power and we'll fix it and be different.

1980: GOP - "Carter F-d everything up. Put us in power and we'll fix it and be different.

1976: Dems - "Nixon-Carter F-d everything up. Put us in power and we'll fix it and be different.

Get my point?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am not calling anyone in particular out, if I were doing so, I would formally reply.
I DO get tired of baseless attacks on a group that I do have some experience with. NO, I don't agree with many of them on Bush, the wars, and Israel (see, that is MY thing, and many agree with me but not most). I DO agree with them on most core principles. I do wish ending the wars was a core principle.
Most agree the two parties are raping America, it just so happens the GOP is closer aligned with the core principles than is the current Democratic Party.
But, for Christ's sake, look at the Democratic Party! WTF are they about? That should be what we are discussing, not a few "joker" signs in the hands of whitey.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
good aftternoon all. I am newly registered here but have been reading the boards for quite some time since a friend of mine gave me the web address for ATS. I have been impressed by the vast knowledge and ability to think clearly and consiely by those here. I've been reading this thread and I have to say I think quite a few of the posters here are missing the point of the tea party. No offense intended I just believe that you viewing it from the wrong perspective.

I've been to a few Tea parties and I have yet to see much in the way of racism or any of the other claims made by the MSM. I live here in Illinois so when President Obama visited Peoria, I of course was standing right across the street in protest, when in came the goon squad. I marched in DC last year, I planned my entire vacation around making that march. Of course the Democrats are going to slander the Tea party. They need to continue the cycle of dependency on the government for their power. The Tea party tends to emphasize personal responsibility, not suckling on the government teat. Of course the GOP will try to ride the coattails of this movement, they need a vehicle to regain their power. These are givens along with other reasons to numerous to recount here. What the Democrats fail to realize or wish to rationalize away is the growing distaste for bloated government wasteful spending and backroom deals IS going to bite them in the hindquarters. What the GOP fails to realize is that while trying to control the Tea party is that they will be swallowed whole by this movement. For those of you who deride Sarah Palins involvement, look at her record in Alaska. She cleaned out corruption on both sides of the aisle. Running her with McCain was the GOP's attempt to silence her and banish her to the dustbin of history. I mean, how many previous losing VP candidates can you readily name? Palin, despite my reservations about her, has connected with the TEA party and the Tea party should use her for every possible gain, the same with freedom works and Fox news, use them for every ounce of publicity and free advancement of your ideals as possible.

What does all this mean? with the cross section of voters who are TEA party members, activists, supporters, and those who just care about what is really happening in our country the next generation of candidates had better be on their toes and alert to their constituents voices. The people the TEA party vote for will be about substance not show. If you think this will work against them then I think perhaps you underestimate the depth of support for the limited government and Taxed Enough Already people. I think you also underestimate the level of determination of the average American, we know DC is out of touch so we are ready to reach out and touch them. Even though there is a vast array of political desires within the TEA party, there is more than enough unity to try to reduce the size of government, take back our freedoms, and limit government spending. Democrats and Republicans alike need to pay close attention this election cycle. This time I believe its about conservatism and constitutionalism vs progressive/liberal ideology and I'm sorry but the numbers just aren't there for progressive/liberalism.

So where do you stand? Do you believe in smaller government, lower taxes, and limited spending or do you believe in an all powerful central government higher taxes and a lower living standard?

Oh and I was amazed that it took until page two for the Hitler innuendo to pop up, aka the 'brownshirt' reference. Tacky, totally tacky, and completely off base.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I've been to Tea Parties, and frankly some of the people were frightening, much along the lines of the sentiments we see typed here on ATS everyday.

I attended one in town last summer. Most of the people there were carrying racist signs with Obama's picture on it. There was a mix of people there. Not all were presenting as racist, but the majority were. I left and I haven't gone back to another.

It is clear to me that many people who do associate themselves with the tea party movement are racist, but, there are also many who are not racist either. I just don't want to be involved because I don't want to be mistaken for what I stand for. So I don't join in any party.... I stand alone at this point with my own views.

I only relate to a small fraction of what the tea partiers stand for and the rest does not apply.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
reply to post by mnemeth1

Great video !!!!
This is information that the system has to squelch. They can't afford for the majority to understand that people can work together regardless of color or creed.
They have to keep the masses separated anyway they can.We out number them,we come together,they are done!!

Divide and Conquer is one of their favorite tools in their tool box
because they can use fear of ppl that are different as wedge
to split us apart.

We have our differences, there are racists out there, BUT keep in mind
that Obama was elected because a LOT of white ppl did vote for him.

Alot of promises made by Mr. Obama have been broken, but that
has been true of many politicians and this has been building
for awhile.

Many broken promises, many lies, many deceptions.

To a lot of ppl sick of the way things were being done he seemed
like he could change things, but all we got was another CFR puppet.

I hope we can "vote the bums out", but I think the game is rigged
as Carlin said.

If either party gives a huge endorsement of a candidate you better
put that person under an intense investigation.

Just because you cannot see the strings does not mean they are
not a puppet for the payola puppet masters.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Yes they do and I've stated over and over again I don't approve of either Party. I'm not a hypocrite in that. I don't side with one Party and then pretend to be Independent of them. Both have good ideas I agree with and both are run by criminals in my opinion.

Bush and Obama are the same person in a different skin.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by sweetliberty

You say among other things they are for, cutting social services, cutting taxes, shrinking the federal government.
Are most people for that?

Most people that work and pay their taxes are.

Until it starts cutting services that they want.

washingtonindependent.com...

70% want to cut foreign aid, which is only 0.5% of the budget. 30% want to cut the EPA, which has such low funding that it gets a few pixels on the chart. Nearly the same want Agriculture spending slashed, which doesn't quite get 1% of the budget. Housing? About 1% of the budget, but 25% want to cut it.

Guess what? Those won't do it. Even if you eliminate Welfare & Medicaid, you still have 75% of the budget to go.

Everyone who wants to cut government spending wants to cut the small things. Either they think you can lose weight by eschewing the Super Sizing at McDonald's, or they truly don't understand what the budget actually is.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
This is what debate in our country is....

LOL
that just sums it up perfectly
good post!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

I haven't mentioned racism at all and I won't. Whether it was there or not. As I stated previously, I don't even acknowledge racism or any discussions of it...or take the bait. And I wish everyone would do the same. We feed it when we rise to the bait.

Thanks, that explanation really help set the expectations. I wish the movement would lay this out as clearly as some in this thread are doing.

This is a good discussion

[edit on 7/29/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

www.independent.co.uk...
"The US taxpayer has given more than $107bn (£71bn)during the past decade to companies which are also doing business with Iran, it was revealed yesterday. That sum includes at least $15bn (£9.9bn) of US Government funds that were channelled to corporations which have defied international sanctions to help Iran develop its vast and strategically important oil and gas" reserves.

Do we really know where the heck our tax dollars are going?

[edit on 29-7-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Do we really know where the heck our tax dollars are going?

Nope. We do know the largest share of the budget is defense, but we can't say how much that part of the budget is as the Pentagon runs large black budgets as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join