It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Parties, lets get something clear.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
At least three people who have attended "Tea Party" meetings here in California that I know of, have used the word "n*gger" around me when referring to the President of The United States. They have plenty of ignorant uneducated idiots from the far-right in their ranks to justify calling them names and ridiculing them. I won't even go into what I've read in some of the fliers and signs.

I have family who support the Republican party who now seem to be supporting this fringe group. Several things they have in common:

1. They don't speak in facts. Most of the garbage I heard at 4 (Yes, count them...4!!) Tea Party meetings I went to (As a favor to my loony christian uncle), was spin and half truths. Quoting Glenn Beck and Hannity despite those two clowns going back later (Not publicly on camera) to correct statistics and incorrect quotes/information. They preach it like it was gospel. If there was one network on TV who you can say is biased (Panders to the conservative right), it's Faux News.

2. I can tell you First Hand that there is A LOT of racial resentment and animosity towards minorities. ANYONE saying otherwise, is full of sh*t! I see it personally when I am around my uncle who not only supports them financially but, plays a role in the local organization. I'm ashamed someone as successful and hardworking as himself is so goddamned ignorant. I can't even count on one hand the times him and his buddies quote the Declaration of Independence and actually think its in the Constitution. Two different things you geniuses!!

The Tea Party is a joke. Its members/supporters are victims of smarter conservatives in the GOP who will distance themselves from them, once their agenda and votes are achieved. Mark my words.

They are clowns. That is all.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Unidentified_Objective]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Well, considering that the area I live in is 90% Hispanic, and the TPM is huge down here, I suppose that I am full of sh*t when I claim BS on what you said

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm in Southern California where Hispanics are probably the majority by now and I can tell you 100% it isn't BS. Believe what you will. I don't care. It bothers me personally, because I witness it and it furstrates me. I'm in the unfortunate position of having family members involved in the TPM and see it first hand.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Also, you remind me of the guy in the other thread claiming that the left and the liberal media are making up the fact that it was the local Tea Party organizing the protests in Temecula. Don't even take my word for it, go on their web site.

Edit: Wireless Keyboards suck! They go through batteries like nuffin! Typos galore....

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
reply to post by BubbaJoe

First of all, I don't believe the TP as a whole to be racist, however have noted some racist elements to it.

I would say that the primary motivation to label even certain people in the Tea Party Movement is to discredit the whole group. Accusations of racism, like racism, does not have a place in the actual discussion. Rise above that.

I agree completely Dinstaar - the fact that it is just a device used to discredit is obvious.

If you accept that any population has a racist element, then any group that you divide out of that population will have a racist element.

So there are racist democrats and republicans - for sure. Now if you went out with a camera and ONLY filmed the members of those groups who are radical and racist, then you can create an image of those parties based on minority elements that are impossible for them to eliminate from their party.

I think it is a great idea - and someone should take a camera around the US, find a whole bunch of really, really crazy people - ask them whether they are dems or repubs - then have them spew lots of crazy violent rhetoric - then post on youtube. Nice idea.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

VERY well said. The original poster seems to be arguing an anarchistic political perspective. Your thoughts?

P.S. GREAT signature!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

ya id say you are full of it, because most of my friends are hispanic, and i grew up on the border, and actually my cohort down in Texas now that I live in Idaho that STARTED the Tea Party in his area is Hispanic. I see a lot of BS thrown around and people claiming all kinds of things.....

You can attack all you want, but theres only ONE reason the government is so hard to get something on TPM......and thats because they are a danger to their operating system......

They tried to slander by saying they were violent, but they could provide NO evidence....well except when the SEIU got violent w a man that was a part of the Tea Party movement who happened to be black.......

Its hypocrisy and FEAR from the government and all the talking heads to call them racist and every other name in the book, because they are AFRAID......

Point blank........they have NOTHING on TPM......and TONS of footage of the governments mal treatment of citizens and deep rooted corruption ........hell, if i was them id be scared too......

We ARE watching, and we ARE taking note.........and we WILL NOT give up, until "the house is clear".

I dont care if you are black, white, or purple......this country will stand again......and it will be because of the PEOPLE that it does....

They have good reason to fear us......because we are coming for em, and we have their number..........

[edit on 30-7-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

That was very well written and makes a great deal of sense on the whole. However I have been to a few Tea Parties myself and maybe because this is South Florida my experience was very different than yours.

Sure there was a mix of people...white people.

Sure they were open minded = about liberal gun use, as if "guns" the elixir that will fix everything gone wrong with big government.

I am afraid to wear my Barack Obama T shirt around town. I get a lot of dirty looks and nasty comments in the Walmart. Maybe these people are all just die hard Republicans?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

These are indeed "Patriotic Americans." And yes I think collectively they would like to change the way government operates, decide who it helps, or does not help, as they have a right to. It is their tax dollars too.

People are frustrated because years ago a middle income family was able to feed and educate their children, take vacations and save for a decent retirement, all on the income of one family member, the dad.
Now both parents have to work, just to survive on a shoestring. Without an exceptional education for their kids, without a vacation and with the looming threat of illness over their heads every day. This even with the advent of the "computer age" which was hailed as a blessing that would give people more leisure time. That didn't work out so well. Instead greedy companies layed everyone off and to increase profits made others work extra for less without retirement or health insurance.
And now all we can do is reward these companies and try to protect their welfare and ability to hire more people so they can repeat the process. I am not a fan of big business but I recognize a good one when I see it and reward them with patronage. We do not know who we are supporting and sometimes it is the "slave masters" running an unethical operation, and ruining lives of their people.

Leisure time is what we have that is running out, that is being taken away from us everyday. The ways and the means to enjoy life.
Who wouldn't be pissed off?

Now one medical bill can send a whole family into bankruptcy. It wasn't always a Frank Capra movie but it wasn't always this hard.
Everybody wants to blame some group, those on the other side of the boarder, a minority, those damned poor...but it is our very division and disorganization and insistence on warring over small matters of opinion that keeps us running a treadmill.
There are things upon which we all agree. Why not decide on those first? Move them out of the way. My first concern is children and their welfare in my society, since these are going to be the adults my children have to live and cooperate with...but this is me, and I digress.

Debt to the future generations???? Please. It is paper money. Give them a planet, unadulterated food and clean water, like we all enjoyed for a time...and they will have a chance.

I think the Tea Partiers have a fear of losing America as they know it.
They see the changing colors and priorities of the people in charge. Health Care. Who can be against health care but they fight it tooth and nail. Double the money required and call it war funding and nary a bat of an eye.

Tea Partiers are afraid they are losing their majority and grip on "white America." They see and fear our country will never be the same.
And it won't. They will not go into the future willingly.
The simplest way to argue is to blame everything wrong with America on this President. To ratchet up the dissatisfaction meter, and laser point at Obama. This is far from truthful and will not solve any problems. The real problems like tics only dig in deeper to our pockets, sucking blood. The industrial military complex, a cabal of bankers, others hidden but corrupt and corruptible..

This is collectively a group of people who are afraid their vices will no longer be freedoms they enjoy liberally. Gun rights, pork rinds and salt are already threatened....even Happy Meals. A hefty tax on sin products like booze and cigarettes, soda and junk food. When these are your staples - of course when you see government making decisions, encroaching upon those areas you will get bristled, angry, defensive and even ugly at times.
This is natural. You are de-toxing.

On a side note...

I did not see one "Bring Our Troops Home" sign at any of the Tea Party rally's I attended in south Florida.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Good post. I to agree that the TPM has a deep seated issue with losing "white america" and have somehow directed years of watching it slip away, at the current administration. I'm not a liberal but, it bothers the hell out of me to hear teabaggers say things like "Your president, not mine...", "Obama this (or that)" (instead of President Obama) .....They are showing their true colors.

And to the other poster replying to me....Like I said, my family is engraved and rooted in this abomination they call the Tea Party. Keep telling yourself what I posted is BS...Frankly, I don't care. History & their actions will tell the story. I don't have to.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well for a brief moment there I thought that a viable third party might spring from this movement or at least some decent independant candidates for Government,despite the disparate groups this movement represented a threat to the powers that be,so much so that they have now effectively hijacked it by making it a republican movement.so all in all I believe its now effectively dead in the water as a movement for true change.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Honestly the thing I fear most about the tea-party is how it was essentially hijacked/steered from the very beginning by partisan/corporate elites and think-tanks. Their rallies frequently feature talks by people who have very questionable backgrounds, and the audience simply doesn't know the background of those indoctrinating them. I'm not against people coming together to demand a better country/world, not at all, I'm absolutely for that. However, I REALLY don't want the tea party being used to usher IN fascism while being lead to believe that they're FIGHTING it.

Some links:

Sourcewatch: Tax Day Tea Party

Sourcewatch: Freedomworks

Sourcewatch: Americans for Prosperity

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

I knew that...sorry I was so unclear...lol. The first time I refer to party I meant like a social gathering...the second time I said party what I meant was that I too, like others have said, hope the movement would grow into a party, with at least some great libertarian or independent candidates and/or leaders, but it didn't. Thanks for calling me on it. I try to be clear but sometimes... By the time I realized what I had done, I couldn't edit it anymore.

Also, by saying that you're trying to save MY future for ME, you're not implying anything are you? Because I've been a (label warning) libertarian and constitutionalist for a very long time now and independent all my voting/political life and have been actually working toward these goals for almost as long. LOL

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Haha...I know a doctor's office waiting room they can videotaping in.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I knew that...sorry I was so unclear...lol. The first time I refer to party I meant like a social gathering...the second time I said party what I meant was that I too, like others have said, hope the movement would grow into a party, with at least some great libertarian or independent candidates and/or leaders, but it didn't. Thanks for calling me on it. I try to be clear but sometimes... By the time I realized what I had done, I couldn't edit it anymore.

Also, by saying that you're trying to save MY future for ME, you're not implying anything are you? Because I've been a (label warning) libertarian and constitutionalist for a very long time now and independent all my voting/political life and have been actually working toward these goals for almost as long. LOL

[edit on 7/30/2010 by ~Lucidity]

Gee! That makes you almost perfect.

Once you get over this fling with Barack Obama, we'll have a few laughs.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCPatriot
And we aren't just looking out for ourselves, Luc. We're trying to save your future too.

That is exactly what is wrong with you right there.

I am not sure what kind of dictatorship you are hoping for where a few get to decide what is best for everyone else no matter what but I kind of like getting to have a different view than you and being able to vote the way I like.

Maybe if you guys spent more time worrying about yourselves you would not have Palin and racists running your PR campaign for you.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Fling?

I'm having a fling with Obama? Prove it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Well, considering that the area I live in is 90% Hispanic, and the TPM is huge down here, I suppose that I am full of sh*t when I claim BS on what you said

Are you actually trying to claim that because you know a bunch of Hispanic Tea Party members there are no racists among those calling themselves members of the Tea Party?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hey, whoever posted the SourceWatch links, thanks. I am glad you gave us another progressive site to take a look at.

Take a look at the SOURCES they use. New York times, Huffington Post blah blah blah.

Plus, it is created by WHOM? Oh here we go-Center for Media and Democracy

NOW, let us take a look at the Center for Media and Democracy-www.prwatch.org...

Whoever posted the SourceWatch, thanks for giving us a link to another progressive/communist propaganda site!

TAKE A LOOKY HERE-SourceWatch, another black propaganda site!

[edit on 7/30/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Tea Party rallies not racist?

I beg to differ.

Also, when the NAACP rightfully accused the Tea Party of racism, they received death and hate threats.....isn't that kind of saying something?

Let's not be blind here, thanks.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by SeventhSeal]

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join