It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graham: Prosecute WikiLeaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Graham: Prosecute WikiLeaks

thehill.com

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Wednesday called for the criminal prosecution of Wikileaks, the website that published classified military documents this week.

Graham, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee and a reserve military lawyer, seemed to go further than other GOP colleagues by calling for the prosecution of Wikileaks itself, and not just the source of the leaks.

McCain said Wednesday that he believes whoever leaked the documents to the organization should be punished with a life sentence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 7/28/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The government does not want their corruption to be known especially on their two illegal wars. Everything corrupt in our military falls under classified military documents according to our military elites. Now our military leaders are running to the Necons in congress crying we are being exposed and begging congress to punished whistleblowers for leaking their treasonous acts.

I support our military, however I do not support a corrupt military, or a corrupt congress.
Thank G-d for the internet these criminals cannot hid their corruption anymore or control information any longer.
I have to agree some things need to stay secret, but exposing government and military corruption is not a national security risk.

We should be prosecuting the people in the Bush administration and the politicians who support both of these two illegal wars and draining our country financial system dry while tripling our national dept, just so a few elite politicians and high ranking military officials can profit million for themselves, and not to mention contracting firms who’s friends are high up in our government and military establishment.

I always say follow the money trail and our CIA of who is funding whom, for example ( Bin Laden) Our government, military officials, and politicians all made claims that Bin Laden was the mastermind of 911, yet they were lying to us all the whole time, to sell their war propaganda to the American people. Want proof?

A Sibel Edmonds 'Bombshell' - Bin Laden Worked for U.S. Until 9/11

www.bradblog.com...

911 was a false-flag operation and a few powerful military officials and politicians working with the CIA created and funded many of these terrorist organizations to show the world that we have an enemy. That is why the Bush administration supported torture to force innocent people to confess to crimes they had nothing to do with. At the same time, our military was paying money to corrupt police and politicians in Afghanistan, and Iraq for them to round up their own known criminals and turn them over to us so we can illegal torture and force false confessions from these prisoners.

CIA paid millions of dollars to ISI since 9/11: Report

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kucinich: 'We may be funding our own killers in Afghanistan'

George W. Bush 'knew Guantánamo prisoners were innocent'

BBC now Admits Al Qaeda Never Existed!

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-7-2010 by impressme]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
How come we don't have any of our political officials calling for life sentences of other political officials when they **** up?

They are all tyrants. As a South Carolinian, screw Graham.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Good luck with that, the owner isn't a US citizen and the website isn't hosted in the US.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by maskfan
Good luck with that, the owner isn't a US citizen and the website isn't hosted in the US.

I agree in theory but look at how Hollywood is driving down p2p sites.

It seems with technology that the US is in a league of their own with overstepping bounds.

This leak is exactly why Obama wants a kill switch to keep the citizens of farmville docile.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I knew this would piss some people off

They are trying to down play it but at the same time calling for prosecuting wikileaks lmao I dont get it,...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Mmm ... I'm getting and increasing feeling that Wikileaks got set up and that the "leak" was allowed to happen so as to take them down.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it ...

But just in case they go after them ... where does one get those Anonymous masks?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is truely remarquable, US officials are only confirming that truth can damage them. Here is some more truth:

The true reason of Afghan war:

At the 53rd session of the UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs (CND) in Vienna, Russia is trying, albeit belatedly, to raise global awareness of the need to counter the Afghan drug trade.

According to the report of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), Russia is second only to Europe in opiate use, including heroin, and first among individual countries. heroin, and first among individual countries.

Source: en.rian.ru...

Cold war is not over my friends.

Long live Julian Assange and wikileaks.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by gagol]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
While we're doing the criminal prosecution thing, how about all the members of Congress who voted to send a billion dollars a year to Pakistan so they could funnel it to the people trying to kill our troops over there. Isn't there a law against providing financial support to terrorists? Doesn't that legally make Congress "domestic terrorists" or "enemy combatants" or something?

Time to break out the waterboarding table. Congress thinks waterboarding suspected terrorists is OK, right?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it, but what does Graham suggest that wikileaks be charged with?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

High Court: Americans Can’t Help Terrorists

Over the objections of three justices, the Supreme Court has upheld a federal law prohibiting American citizens from providing "material support or resources" to foreign terror groups. The 6-3 majority opinion from Chief Justice John Roberts is a victory for the government’s efforts to fight terrorist organizations.

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

Except the law does not apply to congress and the corrupt government who do fund these terrorist organizations in secrete that are now exposed . I do not understand why the American people are not marching to Washington right now and ordering the removal of these agencies working for our government who have committed these treasonous acts, such as our CIA.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

I agree with this one.
This thing we got with Juliann would be Akin to an American exposing Russian or Chinese corruption.
So where is the problem?
Juliann is not American, he can blow the whistle on us.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Curious as to why Graham isn't interested in investigating why U.S. military intelligence, which receives over $650 billion/year, can't keep 90,000 SECRET documents from being pulled off their hard drives without knowing about it?

Graham chooses to chase the guy that is telling us how ripped off the American taxpayers are, and not the people ripping us off. Oh, that's right! Because Graham is one of the ones helping rip off the US taxpayer.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Having more time to think of this issue, I see and agree with the American politicians on this issue.
Juliann Assange has been accused of doing whatever against the U.S., I say we grab him and put him on trial for his alleged crimes.
But, in the spirit of Freedom and all things that are just and right, we should honor other worldly laws and guidelines.
We will put all of our politicians on a plane for Iran where they will be tried for the things they are accused of against the rest of the world.
This is only fair; I say we bring charges against Mr. Assange.
Unless our politicians will not hold themselves to the same standards, if not we must understand we are hypocrites and must acquit.

(Edit)
Now that I think of it, if the US will not be honest, couldn't diplomatic immunity take care of this mess?

[edit on 28-7-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by maskfan

This might slow them down a little. If all else fails then use illegal extradiction to get the people into a US court.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
I have to agree some things need to stay secret, but exposing government and military corruption is not a national security risk.

It should be called a National Security Interest. Something that exposes wrong-doings and punishes those responsible. In the end the government won't be accountable for the acts of the few. This leak is really not extremely impressive. It proves a lot of things people were thinking though, but its nowhere near gamebreaking material IMO.

I can see though that the UK Prime Minister has spoken sharply against Pakistan about exporting terrorism, some believe he mentions it due to the leaks mentioning the ISI.

Seems like a game is a-foot!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I remember the good old days watching TV shows about the good guys, Lone Ranger, Elliott Ness, Star Trek’s Captain Kirk.
These brave men would stand up and fight for what was right, even if it meant bending the situation to help them a bit.
They always got the bad guy and were applauded for it.
Now we have a “Lone” soldier who has dragged evil into the light, and were gonna kill the good guy.
Something about this whole situation is wrong.
We have not put any soldiers life in jeopardy, as said before all of these reports are at least 7 months old so any operation would be done by now.
I hope the bad guys don’t get the “Lone Ranger” as that would be a tragedy.
But if they did a martyr is quite powerful I guess.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
I remember the good old days watching TV shows about the good guys, Lone Ranger, Elliott Ness, Star Trek’s Captain Kirk.
These brave men would stand up and fight for what was right, even if it meant bending the situation to help them a bit.

Those men weren't real and what took place, happened in a place other than reality.

It is the bad guy who wins IRL, not the good guy.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is a great thread, I'm linking a video of Graham responding to this from Yesterday 07-28-10.

Link : www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wikileaks is doing a terrific job on awareness, and we have a article in the July 28th, Vancouer sun, page A6, called "Canadians not getting a true picture of war" by Ethan Baron. Wiklkeaks and 90,000 classified documents posted and 15 000 more to be posted. This will wake up lots more. And he says, Canadians will be able to read it online for themselves and is encouraging this most definitely.

Apparently Minister Lawrence Cannon said these leaked documents have nothing to do with Canada, but of course we've been working along side the US all along. Even brought up Saudi Arabia and South Africa for fundraising for the taliban. Talks about Steven Harper's govenrment dealing lies and the clampdown on freedom for journalists reporting this.

At the end of the article, the words "severe limitations in covering the war" are used.

Of course this applies to a lot more than the war, and this will lead to many researching 9/11 and many conspiracies by themselves, and of course its a good thing.

This might be a reason why the US really wants to bite someone hard over this.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Unity_99]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join